Sign in to follow this  
Mile High Magic

Jonas Gray

I don't think you'll see them try to pound it out against GB. Brady threw over 50 times against the Broncos at home and simply just tried to outscore them, which they did. Gray ran it 12 times. It's gonna be a shootout.

I don't think you'll see them try to pound it out against GB. Brady threw over 50 times against the Broncos at home and simply just tried to outscore them, which they did. Gray ran it 12 times. It's gonna be a shootout.

That's EXACTLY why they'll run it 30+ times that game...........Belichick hates predictability.

The big difference there of course is that the Broncos D came in # 1 against the run. Playing better lately but GB has been gashed by the run. Throwing at home vs in Lambeau might not go as well. They could have to abandon run and try shootout but that is not going to be Belicheck's plan going in.

Brady is not winning a shoot out with Rodgers in Lambeau this year.

I dropped Gray in one league Sunday morning instead of Sims and im not worried about it. We have a short bench in that league and those who run out and pluck Gray back off the waiver wire and plug him into their lineup this week are more than likely going to be rewarded with probably 3-4 pts this week. Just because this kid went off for 199 and 4 TDs, Belicheck will not all of a sudden pound the ball with him every game going forward.

dude is legit IMO. Small sample size, but he ran hard, decisively, hit the right holes etc. THe NE line blocked insanely too. I'm not keeping hardcore tabs on run D and such, but I don't believe Indy is at the bottom in that category are they? Dunno, I think he'll be legit. Wouldn't start him against the lions but the other AFC east teams I think he'll do OK against. Yeah hoodie is the wildcard here, but the other wildcard is that they're scoring like 6 tds a game and making it look easy. Gronk can't always score 3 a game. There's enough to go around. If they get in close to the GL, he's the back that will tote it, there's no doubt about that, so at the very least there will be TD opportunities. I'm strongly considering plugging him in and pulling ellington starting the week after the lions.

Be smart, he will not do much for three of these next five games.

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss reports Jonas Gray was not permitted to practice on Friday because he showed up late to the Patriots' facility. He overslept and then was sent home. Uh oh. The Patriots are a zero-tolerance team when it comes to matters like this, and for as great as Gray was in fantasy football last week, he is a replaceable player. That is especially the case after New England signed LeGarrette Blount to a two-year deal on Thursday. Gray's usage for Week 12 against the Lions is now entirely uncertain. Blount could steal his role.

wtf is wrong with kids nowadays?

• Like 1

I have Vereen on the bench and while bill would probably use Blount, this means Vereen should get more snaps and touches against a tough defense.

Ahhhh

Well, I'd steer clear of the Patriots' backfield as it looks like a focking coin toss at this point.

Then again, I wouldn't put it past Belichick to have staged this whole thing. <_<

Jonas Gray on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week = curse. Late = suspended. So glad I put Fleener as my 1st priority, who knows Gray could still be good again, but I don't need him or the risk he does about nothing.

What a moron. One big game and he thinks he doesn't have to show up to practice on time? Tom focking Brady has to show up to practice on time you fvckwit :doh:

Although Teddy Bruschi has a bit of a different take:

Heres one of the beautiful things about Belichick: You dont have a question on whats going to happen [when you are late]. Because its happened back when Randy Moss was late, or Darrelle Revis earlier this year. You just get sent home. Automatically sent home and you dont get to practice.

For Jonas Gray, its unfortunate on the timing of the whole thing. Youre coming off a career day, 201 yards, four touchdowns, and now youve got people saying, Oh, this kid was reading his press clippings, slept in a little bit because hes getting a little full of himself.

Now thats one assumption. Ive heard Jonas Gray is a good kid. This kid made an honest mistake, but it's just bad timing, also with the signing of LeGarrette Blount.

I think the most interesting thing to me is youll see how [Gray has] been acting up to this point based on Sundays starting lineup. I mean, if hes acting the way I previously mentioned -- maybe reading your press clippings a little bit too much -- Belichick says, Blount, youre starting.

But from what Ive heard, [Gray is] a good guy, though I still think theres still something that has to be cited come Sunday on whos the starting running back.

www.espnboston.com