Sign in to follow this  
"Tremors" series reboot starring Kevin Bacon in the works...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/24/tremors-series-kevin-bacon

Earth-shaking reboot news!

There's a TV series in the works reviving the sci-fi franchise Tremors -- and original star Kevin Bacon is back on board as an actor and executive producer.

Universal Cable Productions and Blumhouse Productions are developing a show based on the 1990 cult favorite about giant killer worms, a movie that spawned four direct-to-video sequels. There was a previous TV version, as well (the 13-episode Tremors: The Series that aired on SciFi Channel in 2003).

Andrew Miller (The Secret Circle) has been tapped to write the adaptation.

Bacon's involvement is particularly cool as the actor is returning to the franchise after 25 years. Bacon, who recently starred in Fox's The Following, only appeared in the original Tremors (and doubtless turned down ample opportunities to be involved with the sequels). Bacon will reprise his character Valentine McKee and the setting will return to the fictional Nevada desert town of Perfection.

Earlier this year Bacon said he'd love to revisit the character. "I'd love to do something else with Tremors and revisit the character 25 years later," he said. "Part of what's great about that movie is there are next to no digital effects. The monsters are done with puppetry, and it's still off, funny and scary -- it's a cool accomplishment."

UCP and Blumhouse are currently shopping the project around to various networks and we're told "multiple bidders" are interested. Obviously SciFi Channel's new incarnation Syfy seems like one potential fit, but nowadays pretty much every network is interested in genre shows.

I'm really enjoying the Evil Dead series reboot and liked the first Tremors movie. I can understand doing it, but the crappy Tremors sequels leaves me a little less thrilled about this idea.

it's here!

Great Dark Comedy with a sort of 50's monster film vibe, Tremors came out of nowhere. I predict the show will be a hit.

Great Dark Comedy with a sort of 50's monster film vibe, Tremors came out of nowhere. I predict the show will be a hit.

:thumbsup: