Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Donovan McNabb - Broken Ribs

Donovan McNabb apparently suffered broken ribs at the hands of two Carolina Panthers who piled onto him after his touchdown score well after he was down and the whistle had blown, and yet they were not penalized. Hopefully the league will take action.

In the meantime, Reid disclosed the ribs are broken, his status for next week is "uncertain." :rolleyes:

My guess, it's unwelcome news for the Eagles, the Eagles Fans, and Fantasy Football owners everywhere.

LINK: McNabb Breaks Ribs

In other news, McDonalds may put the McRib sammich on the $1 menu in the Philadelphia region.

In other news, McDonalds may put the McRib sammich on the $1 menu in the Philadelphia region.

:rolleyes:

........and Michael Vick can't play for two more weeks!

........and Michael Vick can't play for two more weeks!

Eagles starting QB week 2 = Kolb

Eagles starting QB week 3 = Vick?

Andy Reid will let everyone know later this week whether or not McNabb will be able to go next week. I'm not sure where people are getting this "2-6 weeks out" story, but it didn't come from the Eagles.

As a Cowboys fan I want to apologize to the eagles fans. I drafted McNabb in both my big money leagues thus leading to this injury.

Donovan McNabb apparently suffered broken ribs at the hands of two Carolina Panthers who piled onto him after his touchdown score well after he was down and the whistle had blown, and yet they were not penalized. Hopefully the league will take action.

In the meantime, Reid disclosed the ribs are broken, his status for next week is "uncertain." :lol:

My guess, it's unwelcome news for the Eagles, the Eagles Fans, and Fantasy Football owners everywhere.

LINK: McNabb Breaks Ribs

I think it's bush league what the Carolina players did. The guy scored, he's on the ground, totally defenseless, and two dudes pile on top of him, where he couldn't see it coming to even cover up. I saw the guy knee him right in his back.

What makes me angry is the fact that NONE OF HIS TEAMMATES DID ANYTHING TO THOSE DOOSHBAGS!

Runyan would have buried the coward who hit him in the back, no doubt about it.

Carolina deserved to get buried today. What a bunch of possays. :overhead:

I think it's bush league what the Carolina players did. The guy scored, he's on the ground, totally defenseless, and two dudes pile on top of him, where he couldn't see it coming to even cover up. I saw the guy knee him right in his back.

What makes me angry is the fact that NONE OF HIS TEAMMATES DID ANYTHING TO THOSE DOOSHBAGS!

Runyan would have buried the coward who hit him in the back, no doubt about it.

Carolina deserved to get buried today. What a bunch of possays. :overhead:

Talk about a homer response. He turned his back at the one. My question is why was the running like that with the game in hand?

Talk about a homer response. He turned his back at the one. My question is why was the running like that with the game in hand?

Your "running like that argument" notwithstanding... what happened isn't a "homer response" - that's about as late a hit at a guy laying there defenseless, after scoring, after the whistle, and after the signal as I've seen in quite a while.

It was completely focking blatant piling on, late hit, call it what you want. It should have been penalized and should be fined.

Holy sh!t... they throw flags when people breathe on the quarterback, whether he slides head-first or not... and you call our outrage a "homer" response? Please.

:overhead: Blatant focking cheap-shot late-hit.

Your "running like that argument" notwithstanding... what happened isn't a "homer response" - that's about as late a hit at a guy laying there defenseless, after scoring, after the whistle, and after the signal as I've seen in quite a while.

It was completely focking blatant piling on, late hit, call it what you want. It should have been penalized and should be fined.

Holy sh!t... they throw flags when people breathe on the quarterback, whether he slides head-first or not... and you call our outrage a "homer" response? Please.

:overhead: Blatant focking cheap-shot late-hit.

And it was so blatant not a single focking eagle player did or said anything about the hit. :lol:

And it was so blatant not a single focking eagle player did or said anything about the hit. :overhead:

If you're looking for hockey, change the channel to Versus, jackass. WTF are they going to do, exactly? Drop their gloves and throw with their goon linebacker? Shut your hole, retard.

If you're looking for hockey, change the channel to Versus, jackass. WTF are they going to do, exactly? Drop their gloves and throw with their goon linebacker? Shut your hole, retard.

Nice to see you calling your fellow eagles homer ghostofmeanmachine a retard for being pissed about the eagles players not doing anything. What a worthless fock you are you little boy.

The injury took place when McNabb was lying in the endzone, when a Panthers player came flying in, knee'ing him square in the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68f7VIFhQGo

It's about four minutes into the clip.

Nice to see you calling your fellow eagles homer ghostofmeanmachine a retard for being pissed about the eagles players not doing anything. What a worthless fock you are you little boy.

You're both retards for implying that the players "should have done something." What, exactly should "they have done?" :pointstosky:

Late hit, cheap shot, should have been flagged, and should (at the very least) result in fines and a reprimand of the closest referee/judge to the incident.

And you should be banned from this forum for such stupid statements.

I win this thread. :first:

You're both retards for implying that the players "should have done something." What, exactly should "they have done?" :pointstosky:

Late hit, cheap shot, should have been flagged, and should (at the very least) result in fines and a reprimand of the closest referee/judge to the incident.

I win this thread. :first:

Sounds alot like what Dawkins has been doing his entire career, karma is a b!tch..

You're both retards for implying that the players "should have done something." What, exactly should "they have done?" :thumbsup:

I win this thread. :banana:

:thumbsdown:

Please post more pictures of your half naked wh0re those are the only threads you can truly win.

What are you talking about?

McNabb turned his back as he ran into the defenders to score the touchdown. He was injured somewhere upon the initial contact and during the process of being tackled.

Your description above is ridiculous. It was a clean play.

What are you talking about?

McNabb turned his back as he ran into the defenders to score the touchdown. He was injured somewhere upon the initial contact and during the process of being tackled.

Your description above is ridiculous. It was a clean play.

I guess someone didn't see the link to the play being discussed.

Clearly he was injured when he got hit on the ground, not upon initial contact at the goal line. :wall:

What's even more ridiculous is that McNabb didn't even get hit in the back at the goal line, but high in the back/glance to the shoulder. Unpossible to have a rib fractured when there's no contact on the rib, wouldn't you say?

I'm trying to watch the YouTube clip GOMM linked to to try and see what the two of you are talking about. I didn't see any cheap shot upon watching the play live.

...just watched that part... it all happened within the flow of the play. That's not a cheap shot. And if it is/was, the league will be reviewing it and the guy that fell on McNabb will be fined. I doubt that will be happening though.

I guess someone didn't see the link to the play being discussed.

Clearly he was injured when he got hit on the ground, not upon initial contact at the goal line. :wall:

What's even more ridiculous is that McNabb didn't even get hit in the back at the goal line, but high in the back/glance to the shoulder. Unpossible to have a rib fractured when there's no contact on the rib, wouldn't you say?

Read my last post.

It all happened within the flow of the play. If they flag players for that, then defenders might as well not give chase on plays for risk of being penalized everytime they fall on someone as a result of their momentum carrying them forward.

It was an unfortunate injury, but there was no cheap shot.

Read my last post.

It all happened within the flow of the play. If they flag players for that, then defenders might as well not give chase on plays for risk of being penalized everytime they fall on someone as a result of their momentum carrying them forward.

It was an unfortunate injury, but there was no cheap shot.

Because the "flow of the play" is on the ground in the end zone after the official signals a touchdown? :unsure:

M-kay.

McRib needs to man up and take some pain killers and wear a protective vest. Every year Mcnabb gets hurt. It is getting old

Yeah, that one was all his fault.

Can't believe he allowed himself to get broadsided by a defender while laying on his back in the endzone.

Yeah, that one was all his fault.

Can't believe he allowed himself to get broadsided by a defender while laying on his back in the endzone.

I posted because I own him in two leagues. I want him to play. Mcnabb gets hurt every year. his fault or not it goes beyond chance and he seems to be fragile

I posted because I own him in two leagues. I want him to play. Mcnabb gets hurt every year. his fault or not it goes beyond chance and he seems to be fragile

I think alot of it has to do with his mobility. He seems to be in situations where he does take big hits and such.

Today was a prime example. When he tore the knee, it was after a scramble. Same with the broken ankle years ago.

Fans give him a hard time if he doesn't run. If he does, he gets it because he's got a penchant for suffering an injury.

It is what it is, I guess.

Because the "flow of the play" is on the ground in the end zone after the official signals a touchdown?

The guy you are saying took a cheap shot was already headed to the ground before the TD signal. Aside from that, I doubt the whistle was blown before he was headed to the ground.

You're always told to play through the whistle (not to when the referee signals TD). The players don't keep their eyes on the official's signals during a play. They listen for the whistle, and you aren't supposed to stop making an effort on the play until you hear it blown. That's how you should want your guys to play.

But if the NFL agrees with your interpretation of the play, then the guy who landed on McNabb will be getting fined by the end of the week. It's not going to happen though because there was nothing illegal/cheap about the play.

The guy you are saying took a cheap shot was already headed to the ground before the TD signal. Aside from that, I doubt the whistle was blown before he was headed to the ground.

You're always told to play through the whistle (not to when the referee signals TD). The players don't keep their eyes on the official's signals during a play. They listen for the whistle, and you aren't supposed to stop making an effort on the play until you hear it blown. That's how you should want your guys to play.

But if the NFL agrees with your interpretation of the play, then the guy who landed on McNabb will be getting fined by the end of the week. It's not going to happen though because there was nothing illegal/cheap about the play.

Cmon, the guy headed to the ground is aiming 3 yards deep into the endzone, not to mention he's headed towards the ground. And watch the replay, he's running parallel to the line and dives into the EZ to land on McNabb.

NFL may not fine, but to say this is clean b/c the ref didn't put up the signal until after (really? a player's going to look to ref for TD signal during play) and the whistle may, or may not have blown is just BS. The 1st Panther appears to take a swipe at the ball and kinda lands on/close to McNabb b/c of his momentum, #92 didn't leave his feet until McNabb was on the ground (and well into the EZ) as was 5 yards away when DMcN crossed the GL. Blatantly cheap especially since he leads with the knee on his dive.

Lost among this entire debate is the fact that Jake Delhomme should be taken to the back of the shed and shot.

I honestly don't think the hit was illegal. I don't think the guys hitting him were looking at the ref and they may not have realized exactly where they were on the field. If the guy had speared him with a helmet I might have had a different read on the play but as it stands, I don't think it was intentional.

Definitely a late hit cheap shot. These happen every week, but it becomes even more obvious when it happens in the end zone, since the play is dead immediately upon crossing the goal line. I hope he's OK, but oh well, this is football!

On another note, how about that DEFENSE!!!! McDermott really added some spice to the already formidable Eagles D. Wonder what else he has brewing? :doublethumbsup:

Sal Pal reports that McNabb left in significant pain when he left the stadium yesterday. Andy Reid press conference coming up shortly. It's not looking good for him to play next week. Eagles are looking for another QB (likely Feeley), in the meantime, Kolb will be the man in practice this week, McNabb won't be practicing.

The guy is on the ground, with the ball, in the endzone. You don't hit him at all unless you are looking to put some hurtin' on the guy. Plain and simple.

If he was near the goal line, then yes, play to the whistle. That was not the case at all.

Lost among this entire debate is the fact that Jake Delhomme should be taken to the back of the shed and shot.

I honestly don't think the hit was illegal. I don't think the guys hitting him were looking at the ref and they may not have realized exactly where they were on the field. If the guy had speared him with a helmet I might have had a different read on the play but as it stands, I don't think it was intentional.

If the defender is in the end zone, and the guy he wants to tackle is also in the end zone, how do you not know where you are at on the field?

I was at the game, on that side of the field close to the play with good seats. I haven't seen any replays or anything else, but not one person; Philly fan or Panther fan that was around me thought that was any kind of late hit or dirty hit whatsoever. To be honest, it wasn't even a thought until I read this thread. In other words you people are over-analyzing and whining. At real speed it looked like a regular football play. To be honest, more of the talk was about how did McNabb get so hurt. There were a dozen harder hits than that one.

The two over-riding thoughts I had while leaving the game was:

1. Delhomme is a really awful QB. The pocket precense and calmness of McNabb really contrasted with Jake. It was like watching a Pro play then watching a high school QB the next series. Delhomme was getting boo'd evertime he came on the feild. It was bad.

AND

2. McNabb, while he looked great, is too fragile. We couldn't figure out how he even got hurt. I thought he knocked the wind out of him or something. But broken ribs on that play? Dude needs to take some Vitamen D pills or drink more milk or somthing. Geez.