Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

Die Nasty Dynasty League Info.

$79.95 per league if ordered by July 31, 2008

If we can get 12 people paid up, this looks like a nice site to run it.

So 50 bucks plus $79.95/12 = $6.66 :thumbsup: :banana: ;)

The site is pretty much managed by itself, not much work involved as commish past initial setup. I would rather NOT be commish but I can CERTAINLY help whoever does get it going till its 95% self managed. Its the best site for dynasty I have seen hands down.

~STICK

im just worried about the draft. it's not fair in a dynasty league to just have random picks from hat.

Here's something I've used before. We can randomize the entire draft, round by round, or every other round. It could be fair under these circumstances. :thumbsup:

http://www.profantasysports.com/draft_randomizer/

im just worried about the draft. it's not fair in a dynasty league to just have random picks from hat.

I agree...got to figure out a way to do an auction, IMO.

So 50 bucks plus $79.95/12 = $6.66 :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

I guess that means phillybear will be in. We now have two spots left. :) ;)

MFL is the only site when doing a dynasty league. I am in 3 on there, commish one.

Only mistake is not doing an auction draft for a startup dynasty (you don't need to maintain salary caps either) - I know it takes more effort and time. But a snake draft is a joke. So the lucky guy who gets 1.1 gets ADP for the next 6-7 years - that's bush league.

You can also setup a live auction via fantasyauctioneer.com and import the results into your MFL league. Don't remember but I think the auction costs like $50 as well.

good luck

MFL is the only site when doing a dynasty league. I am in 3 on there, commish one.

Only mistake is not doing an auction draft for a startup dynasty (you don't need to maintain salary caps either) - I know it takes more effort and time. But a snake draft is a joke. So the lucky guy who gets 1.1 gets ADP for the next 6-7 years - that's bush league.

You can also setup a live auction via fantasyauctioneer.com and import the results into your MFL league. Don't remember but I think the auction costs like $50 as well.

good luck

Now....see that's what I'm talkin bout.

I agree...got to figure out a way to do an auction, IMO.

Right.

How about this.

Do an auction for drafting spot? has to be real money though.

1st pick in the draft, highest bidder gets the 1st pick, must pay for it.

do that for the 1st 2 rounds

Right.

How about this.

fock that :)

fock that :)

:headbanger:

better than random

Right.

How about this.

:)

:)

Another tip- if you dont want to spend the extra coin to do a live auciton on fantasyauctioneer.com

You can do an auction draft via MFL - however it is not live. The lowest you can set the clock is to 1 day. Then you have a few other options for the clock, like "reset the timer when high bid changes" or "reset the clock when high bidder changes" or "ebay style, this shat ends in 1 day, no clock resetting".

I have one league up there now - we started out draft on June 1st, 24 players, 3 day auction timer that resets when the high bid changes - and we are on pace to finish the draft by the end of this month.

Another tip- if you dont want to spend the extra coin to do a live auciton on fantasyauctioneer.com

You can do an auction draft via MFL - however it is not live. The lowest you can set the clock is to 1 day. Then you have a few other options for the clock, like "reset the timer when high bid changes" or "reset the clock when high bidder changes" or "ebay style, this shat ends in 1 day, no clock resetting".

I have one league up there now - we started out draft on June 1st, 24 players, 3 day auction timer that resets when the high bid changes - and we are on pace to finish the draft by the end of this month.

This sounds like a good idea, IMO. :)

Still spots left or is there a 3000 post minimum?

It may take 3000 post to figure this shiza out so keep posting. :music_guitarred:

You are on the list, so are you asking for someone else? I didn't put this in the "fill a league forum" for a reason. I am trying to recruit well known established geeks who won't be disappearing.

It may take 3000 post to figure this shiza out so keep posting. :doh:

You are on the list, so are you asking for someone else? I didn't put this in the "fill a league forum" for a reason. I am trying to recruit well known established geeks who won't be disappearing.

:music_guitarred:

It may take 3000 post to figure this shiza out so keep posting. :music_guitarred:

No. I wasn't asking for someone else.

I just didn't see "the list". I'll scan the thread again for a list or link.

No. I wasn't asking for someone else.

I just didn't see "the list". I'll scan the thread again for a list or link.

Check the OP

Check the OP

YOU DOWN WIT OPp

I'm interested if you guys still need more.

cmon and ride it, ride the BIGTRAINE. TOOT TOOT!

YOU DOWN WIT OPp

Yeah......you know me :banana:

Hrmmmm... all this talk of auctions and frafts..... I dunno. This auction stuff maybe way more time/thought than I want to put into frafting a team. Just gimme the SNAKE baby!! :banana:

I don't know how this action draft stuff works. I will try and figure this stuff out if that is what is decided but just wanted you guys to know that while a 10 year FF veteran and have won my main league 50% of the time and current back to back champ, I could suck bad in an auction league. :banana:

Hrmmmm... all this talk of auctions and frafts..... I dunno. This auction stuff maybe way more time/thought than I want to put into frafting a team. Just gimme the SNAKE baby!! :banana:

I tend to agree, snake is easier on many levels. Also with a snake draft even if your team isnt as good INITIALLY then you can make up for it from trades, free agency priority for worst records, and future rookie drafts based on your end of the year ranking. In my experiences the most talented FF minds rise to the top by the end of year one anyways. Just my take.

~STICK

I tend to agree, snake is easier on many levels. Also with a snake draft even if your team isnt as good INITIALLY then you can make up for it from trades, free agency priority for worst records, and future rookie drafts based on your end of the year ranking. In my experiences the most talented FF minds rise to the top by the end of year one anyways. Just my take.

~STICK

I actually completely agree. You may not get the #1 player on the board in year #1 but good managers will always eventually rise to the top. Besides, if AP blew out his knee the day after we did the draft, would we have a do over? If fantasy is meant to mimic owning an NFL team, then the luck of the draw is part of the deal. Let's roll with the serpent.

I am in one of those spots right?

:lol:

I actually completely agree. You may not get the #1 player on the board in year #1 but good managers will always eventually rise to the top. Besides, if AP blew out his knee the day after we did the draft, would we have a do over? If fantasy is meant to mimic owning an NFL team, then the luck of the draw is part of the deal. Let's roll with the serpent.

:lol: :pointstosky: I don't really care where I draft. I would much rather do a regular draft since I have pretty much no idea whatsoever how a auction draft works, which would probably put me at a HUGE disadvantage. At least if we do a regular draft, we are somewhat on a more even playing field for those who have never done it.

How about this.

We do a snake draft, luck of the draw. But next years draft goes in reverse order, no matter what the finish. then the 3rd year we can draft be where we finish>?

:lol: :pointstosky: I don't really care where I draft. I would much rather do a regular draft since I have pretty much no idea whatsoever how a auction draft works, which would probably put me at a HUGE disadvantage. At least if we do a regular draft, we are somewhat on a more even playing field for those who have never done it.

Doesn't the fact the league costs $50 already put you at a huge disadvantage?

If it wasn't dynasty, I would agree to do a snake draft. If you guys really want to do a snake, then I would suggest instead of a true dynasty, do a keeper league say between 2-5 players.

Also, a auction draft essential turns into a regular draft in the second half as people start running low on cap dollars.

Doesn't the fact the league costs $50 already put you at a huge disadvantage?

:lol: Yes it does. You know I am serious when I only make 1100 bucks a month and am going to spend this kind of coin for a league, as well as my other two money leagues.

If it wasn't dynasty, I would agree to do a snake draft. If you guys really want to do a snake, then I would suggest instead of a true dynasty, do a keeper league say between 2-5 players.

Also, a auction draft essential turns into a regular draft in the second half as people start running low on cap dollars.

I was about to say same thing. Up the keepers gradually. ex. 4 keepers this year, 7 the next,10 the next... til it is roster size dynasty

Yikes, the important draft is your initial draft in a dynasty (30 rounds?)

If you then proceed to reverse the order for your 3,4,5 round rookie/fa draft the following year? That's even less fair for the crap teams - they need the high pick to have any chance of sustaining.

Like I said before, just some advice to think about - the worst thing in a dynasty is high ownership turnover year after year...

How about this.

We do a snake draft, luck of the draw. But next years draft goes in reverse order, no matter what the finish. then the 3rd year we can draft be where we finish>?

How about this.

That might work, but since you came up with the idea, I'm sure there is a major focking problem somewhere.

I'm happy with a snake draft but would prefer an auction draft. I've never done one and they always looked like fun, but whatever works...

Whats the big problem? All this "my chance of winning is lower if I dont get the #1 pick" crap is a bunch of liberal whining. Sounds to similar to "because I come from a poor black community and was raised by a single mother I deserve more welfare" for me to handle right now. This is a LONG TERM FF DYNASTY LEAGUE. Bad, unfair ###### is GOING to happen. Those willing to sow more seed and spend time harvesting and working his team will reap what they sow. This is America 101 folks. Keep up the good honest fight and you will rise to the top. Snake FTW.

~STICK

If all of you who do this league have never done an auction draft - that makes it even more entertaining (and fair). Although, you will never want to do a snake draft again :lol:

I'm happy with a snake draft but would prefer an auction draft. I've never done one and they always looked like fun, but whatever works...