Sign in to follow this  
Klingman13

49ers Backfield

There are 4 potential starters in San Francisco. How do you think this situation will pan out?

Gore will start and jacobs will get the goal line carries. Hunter will spell gore and serve on third down. When gore gets injured bunter will take over but jacobs will remain the goal line back. When jacobs gets hurt it will be hunter time for one week until gore comes back and squashes the hopes and dreams of all hunter owners.

well you had that thought out? lol, I'm probably not going to be drafting anybody from the 49ers this year, other than their DEF, David Akers, or Alex Smith.

Gore will start and jacobs will get the goal line carries. Hunter will spell gore and serve on third down. When gore gets injured bunter will take over but jacobs will remain the goal line back. When jacobs gets hurt it will be hunter time for one week until gore comes back and squashes the hopes and dreams of all hunter owners.

Where the heck does LMJ fit into this?

Gore - 15-20 touches

Hunter 8-10 touches

LMJ 8-10 touches

Jacobs 3-5 touches

Gore falls a little lower on my rankings because of the LMJ draft pick. It shows that the Niners are already looking into potential replacements. No idea if that will come this season or next season.

well you had that thought out? lol, I'm probably not going to be drafting anybody from the 49ers this year, other than their DEF, David Akers, or Alex Smith.

You better be in a two QB league if your drafting Smith.. :banana:

Where the heck does LMJ fit into this?

Gore - 15-20 touches

Hunter 8-10 touches

LMJ 8-10 touches

Jacobs 3-5 touches

Gore falls a little lower on my rankings because of the LMJ draft pick. It shows that the Niners are already looking into potential replacements. No idea if that will come this season or next season.

This backfield has the looks of a massive headache for fantasy owners because Harbaugh might just play the hot hand or whoever isn't in his doghouse. Anyone know what Gore's ADP is as of right now?

This backfield has the looks of a massive headache for fantasy owners because Harbaugh might just play the hot hand or whoever isn't in his doghouse. Anyone know what Gore's ADP is as of right now?

Not a solid ADP per se, but he's been going in late 3rd/early 4th in mock's I've been doing lately. Right where FJAx is going.

Not a solid ADP per se, but he's been going in late 3rd/early 4th in mock's I've been doing lately. Right where FJAx is going.

If a person was to go WR/WR or RB/WR out of a late draft slot, Gore or FJax would be worth the gamble at the 3/4 turn. Wouldn't wanna bank on them as my RB1 but could be a solid RB2 or flex play.

If a person was to go WR/WR or RB/WR out of a late draft slot, Gore or FJax would be worth the gamble at the 3/4 turn. Wouldn't wanna bank on them as my RB1 but could be a solid RB2 or flex play.

VBD

Jacobs is the GL back to try and keep Gore healthy. If Gore goes down I really think James is the guy - his fresh , soph , jr 1500 yds or more and 15 TD's or more - yeah he may be a little small but guys like Charles , Rice and CJIII aren't much bigger

Gore is the starter, no question. Jacobs will get short yardage and goalline carries. Hunter and James will get some touches but to what degree is anyone's guess at this point.

Jacobs is the GL back to try and keep Gore healthy. If Gore goes down I really think James is the guy - his fresh , soph , jr 1500 yds or more and 15 TD's or more - yeah he may be a little small but guys like Charles , Rice and CJIII aren't much bigger

Jacobs isn't a good goal line back though.

I'd rather see Gore or Hunter get the goal line carries if I'm a Niners fan.

Kent is right on Jacobs & the misconception that he's this great goalline back. I've never seen a guy that big get routinely stuffed near the endzone. It always seems like he runs too upright & never keeps his legs moving.

Jacobs isn't a good goal line back though.

I'd rather see Gore or Hunter get the goal line carries if I'm a Niners fan.

As a Niner fan, I am in complete agreement.

Gore is the superior back in every way over Jacobs, especially in short yardage. I have my doubts that Jacobs makes the final roster. Just doesn't fit into the offense IMO.

Gore is the superior back in every way over Jacobs, especially in short yardage. I have my doubts that Jacobs makes the final roster. Just doesn't fit into the offense IMO.

I remember when the 49ers signed Jacobs, I was a little puzzled, especially when they have James and Hunter, younger RB's. Curious to see if Jacobs makes the team.

Not to mention Jacobs seemed very abrasive towards the coaching staff when he was with the G-Men. How is his attitude gonna mesh with the strict regiment that Harbaugh has implemented in SF?

Maybe its me but I think LMJ was picked to be Gore's successor. From his fresh to jr years at Oregon playing in big games all those years he averaged like 1500 and 15 every year -- to folks that think he is too small he is 5'8 195 legit - no giant but not increibly small either.

Maybe its me but I think LMJ was picked to be Gore's successor. From his fresh to jr years at Oregon playing in big games all those years he averaged like 1500 and 15 every year -- to folks that think he is too small he is 5'8 195 legit - no giant but not increibly small either.

But he's the 49ers 4th RB for now.

Completely agree.

I think they are fine with Gore, Hunter and James. Gore had a fine season, Hunter looked great whenever he touched the ball, and James had a nice college career.

Jacobs can come on at times, but how he runs compared to how beastly and intimidating he looks has never meshed. Look like Tarzan, run like Jane.

I've been snagging Hunter or James at the tail end of my most recent mocks. Jacobs will probably end up playing somewhere else this season.

But he's the 49ers 4th RB for now.

Maybe he stays there all I know he was one of if not the most exciting RB to watch the last 2 years in college ball. I know that doesn't always translate but its tough for me to look past such consistency his 3 years at Oregon against decent teams and helping his teams to BCS games ( 1 title game ) all 3 years. Jacobs is nothing , Gore is winding down if he already hasn't he will after 3-5 games. Hunter I admit looked solid but I just don't think he is as good as LMJ and I think Harbaugh knows it -- watching LMJ torch Stanford twice - which is why he took him end of 2nd round. I know he doesn't have his speed but I have a CJIII vibe off him -- maybe this is wayy the fock off - who knows.