Sign in to follow this  
McBain

What's up with Ivory?

Looked great beginning of the year, but looks like he's hit the wall. Averaging 1.6 yards a carry for the last three games. Is he hiding an injury?

Probably more injured than letting on. Its stupid really. Either him playing through it or the coaches pushing him to play serves no benefit at a y/c clip that anyone on this board could achieve (assuming it is because of injury).

This is Ivory folks, nothing to see here. Will look amazing and fade down the stretch.

He becomes extremely TD reliant. Good thing he's on an offense that can really move the ball.

Doesn't help that Mongold hasn't played and Colon is injured.

His line looks awful. I can't decide whether to trade him or not....guy gets like 45 yards, but then gets two touchdowns.

At 1.5 yards a carry and a guarantee 15 carries, he has a nice floor of 2 points a game. Plus touchdown upside!

Yea he rides my bench till further notice. If it weren't for those two one yard TDs this week, two points ain't doing it.

I would not let him sit on the bench , shop him and see what his value is .

Anyone think it's time to stash Bilal next week during bye and he's healthy again? I think if he's healthy he's the key to own if ivory goes down

Jets already had their bye

Oh yeah you're right. Was thinking they had bye bc they were saying Fitz was gonna have hand sx but it's bc they have 10 days off due to Thurs Night Game

Someone offered ODB and jhill for my ivory, I only got beast mode, Jennings and r Matthews, should I accept?

Step 1 - Put ski mask on..

Step 2 - Accept deal before his drugs wear off...

Step 3 - Enjoy odb and jhill making your team better....

• Like 1

Step 1 - Put ski mask on..

Step 2 - Accept deal before his drugs wear off...

Step 3 - Enjoy odb and jhill making your team better....

I have to agree.

problem with Ivory.... he runs hard, beats up opposing defenses, but also beats himself up.

He will miss time eventually.

Yes he's banged up and not right, and his line isn't helping, but I take solace in the fact that the Jags allow the fewest YPC to running backs at 3.2 ypc. It was 3.5 ypc before he faced them. I'm starting him over Yeldon this week, the BUF defense is one of the least effective at hitting RBs at or near the line of scrimmage which is key for me having confidence in him. We'll see what happens because Ivory and the Jets seem to be one of the best at getting hit at the LOS, something has to give. Definitely monitor him, but most guys have some major knock on them at this point in the season, you just know the most about your own players and all of their flaws.

Yes he's banged up and not right, and his line isn't helping, but I take solace in the fact that the Jags allow the fewest YPC to running backs at 3.2 ypc. It was 3.5 ypc before he faced them. I'm starting him over Yeldon this week, the BUF defense is one of the least effective at hitting RBs at or near the line of scrimmage which is key for me having confidence in him. We'll see what happens because Ivory and the Jets seem to be one of the best at getting hit at the LOS, something has to give. Definitely monitor him, but most guys have some major knock on them at this point in the season, you just know the most about your own players and all of their flaws.

Thank you for this info. I was mislead into thinking Jaguars were soft against run based previous seasons.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's interesting. Stewart, Gore, and Foster each averaged under 3.2 YPC against Jacksonville, and Lamar Miller averaged 1.4 ypc. Conventional wisdom is they're a good matchup. Their fantasy points to RBs have come mostly thanks to seven 1yd TD runs; 3 from Blount, 2 from Martin, and 2 from Ivory. That is pretty odd. That sorta thing, a RB simply getting a 1 yard carry, can go weeks without happening.