Sign in to follow this  
5Year1

Merry Christmas: I got Tavon Austin

An owner dropped Tavon Austin on Tuesday for Knowshon Moreno. A bit surprising as the guy has McFadden, Lynch, Martin (why does he need another RB?) and THREE TEs including Jimmy Graham( why didn't he cut a TE?).

Anyway, I got Austin today, cutting Jared Cook because I have Julius Thomas.

If Austin takes off, I've gotten a steal.

Christmas in September.

Anybody else get a waiver steal from someone else's drop this week?

Cook > Thomas IMO and Austin is gonna be a stud but asking for more then 800 yards and 5 TDs is asking a ton for a rookie. Yes I know he already has 2.

Depending on my WRs, yeah. I'd drop Austin to get Moreno too. Not shocking.

:dunno:

I'm just playing " who'll pull the trigger first ? " on Harvin with the other owners . He's sitting, tantalizingly, as a free agent . I might pick him up once the bye weeks start, to stash him for the playoffs ( if I make it ) .

Nobody like that is available in my money leagues

I'm going to invite your opponents into my league next year

Cook > Thomas IMO and Austin is gonna be a stud but asking for more then 800 yards and 5 TDs is asking a ton for a rookie. Yes I know he already has 2.

Hey Bobby, we'll see about Cook vs Thomas. On Austin, I don't really NEED him to become a starter right away. I have Cobb and Garcon. But lets say he does take off. He could be spotted in for Garcon later on or I could trade him to fill a weakness at RB to someone who needs a WR. This has come up on my team with Bush hurt and MJD underproducing and being hurt also.

I picked up Steven Jackson this week and Josh Gordon/Jordan Cameron/Bernard Pierce last week off the WW.

Really good! S Jax won't out for too long. Others are solid pick ups too.

Tavon was dropped in my league too. I am going to pick him up.

I also have J.Cook starting over Finley. This is the second time in 3 weeks that he is predicted

to have a solid day..100 and 1. If Cook disappears from the offense again, I will cut bait.

I'm sorry dude, but seriously everyone's getting a little tired of hearing about your 8-team league. Consider that some tough love

Worms and idiotic, kiss my ass! No one asked for your opinion off the topic.

And I will continue to post and talk and talk trash, so if you don't like it, LEAVE!!!

You know...since it bothers you so much, I am going to post about my leagues every week just to make you mad.

Dude, it doesn't bother me at all. Have fun! But it just has to be an *. This doesn't relate to most leagues.

• Like 1

seems to be a serious rift in FF over the pay league thing... does paying for a spot then turn you into some elitest... or is the person already an elitist and they choose money leagues only?

seems to be a serious rift in FF over the pay league thing... does paying for a spot then turn you into some elitest... or is the person already an elitist and they choose money leagues only?

Don't you know the bigger the league and/or the amount of $ determine your worth here?

Don't you know the bigger the league and/or the amount of $ determine your worth here?

I didn't think so either, but i'm pretty sure i'm wrong about that.

The problem is that some of the moves that are being reported would not happen in 99% of the leagues people here are accustomed to. Most of us that come to this forum would not expect the likes of E Lacy or S Jackson to be dropped. Discussions about them as waiver wire pickups seem silly. It derails the thread.

are you playing the part of santa claus?

odd... more posts = less maturity :dunno:

maybe some of you could direct some of us to a fantasy football website, with forums and users that discuss FF stuff, and/or has threads about fantasy football :doublethumbsup:

WTF is this a thread full of people who play in 8 team retard leagues?

Hey!

They're not retards. Stop being a jerk.

Also they prefer "Mentally Challenged"

:ninja:

The problem is that some of the moves that are being reported would not happen in 99% of the leagues people here are accustomed to. Most of us that come to this forum would not expect the likes of E Lacy or S Jackson to be dropped. Discussions about them as waiver wire pickups seem silly. It derails the thread.

:thumbsup:

those sound like hallmarks of a snobatorium not a "discussion" forum

outside this silly thread as you call it... there are threads from guys who claim that they have less than ten pts from their TE in three weeks, I'm pushing 20 at the half this week alone... someone locking up for Brandon boldin as a bench stash, career he has 2 NFL rushes... several looking for direction on A Bradshaw, who nobody liked when he was an actual starter and now is valueless and not even worth the threads we started on him... and other trial balloon threads about reaching or starting R Rice, benching Tom Brady, I can't find Charles clay in the RB projections....

so big deal, do I roll up on the clay thread and drop a bunch of elitist attitude because of some typo somewhere? doesn't 99% of the board, all uber FF Jedi, clearly know he is the only TE there since Dustin Keller was lost in pre season for the year?

if the board is suffering lately due to its usership, it might help to consider new users or certain threads are not the root cause. guys with a stick up their ass are usually more of an issue, those that feel their best contribution is to drive by and lob insults and attitudes like they own the place tends to drive off all users, usually in three posts or less.

I wonder if redzonehog and 5Year1 are the same person. They post the same style, they always agree with each other and attack other posters together. Do we have mods on this site? If we do, can a mod please check?

those sound like hallmarks of a snobatorium not a "discussion" forum

outside this silly thread as you call it... there are threads from guys who claim that they have less than ten pts from their TE in three weeks, I'm pushing 20 at the half this week alone... someone locking up for Brandon boldin as a bench stash, career he has 2 NFL rushes... several looking for direction on A Bradshaw, who nobody liked when he was an actual starter and now is valueless and not even worth the threads we started on him... and other trial balloon threads about reaching or starting R Rice, benching Tom Brady, I can't find Charles clay in the RB projections....

so big deal, do I roll up on the clay thread and drop a bunch of elitist attitude because of some typo somewhere? doesn't 99% of the board, all uber FF Jedi, clearly know he is the only TE there since Dustin Keller was lost in pre season for the year?

if the board is suffering lately due to its usership, it might help to consider new users or certain threads are not the root cause. guys with a stick up their ass are usually more of an issue, those that feel their best contribution is to drive by and lob insults and attitudes like they own the place tends to drive off all users, usually in three posts or less.

You may want to develop thicker skin. It's a fantasy football message board on the Internet- of course guys are gonna bust on you. Instead of whining about it try to prove 'em wrong.

You may want to develop thicker skin. It's a fantasy football message board on the Internet- of course guys are gonna bust on you. Instead of whining about it try to prove 'em wrong.

agree, wasn't posting this to whine, just shedding light on the real issue... I'm a dolphins fan, thick skin comes with this territory.

they are getting abused by the ATL... Daniel Thomas worst blocking back I've seen in a while.. Nolan Carroll, is his middle name sieve?... and the play calling, I swear I recall some big FA signing for a receiver, but I can't find him and I guess neither can the fish.

anyways this place seems cool to me, I'm not the type to let a little butthurt wreck the party, you can bash me all you want, I'm not going to flip out and start googling you :lol:

watching tonight's game, the only thing I could think of was this thread--ROFL! 6 yards... YUP, Christmas in September... if you were expecting a lump of coal!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have him as a Rookie in my keeper league where u can redshirt a rookie for a year. I figure by his 3rd year he should be a stud. Anyone think he's gonna flop? I see Djax or Harvins type of potential.

I think if this kid was on a team with a real qb he would be ok but with Bradford at the helm he will be pretty much worthless this year.