Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Rudnicki

2016 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

There are exceptions and if you get 4 firsts for OBJ, move him.

But you are wrong my friend if you would move a stud like OBJ for one maybe two high lottery tickets that you hope to be half as good as OBJ.

No, I'm not. In my example you have four other very good or great WR options but garbage at RB. You still have a great WR corp and this trade allOwls you to turn your greatest weakness into a strength. AGAIN, you have to see the makeup of the guys team. If he has OBJ, Algolar, Ginn, Lafell, and Wheaton as his WRs then there is no way you make the deal. All I'm saying is you can't decide one way or another before seeing his roster.

No, I'm not. In my example you have four other very good or great WR options but garbage at RB. You still have a great WR corp and this trade allOwls you to turn your greatest weakness into a strength. AGAIN, you have to see the makeup of the guys team. If he has OBJ, Algolar, Ginn, Lafell, and Wheaton as his WRs then there is no way you make the deal. All I'm saying is you can't decide one way or another before seeing his roster.

LOL, incorrect, if you move a player who can single handily win your team weeks, you forget the concept of what the game is about. Doesnt matter your roster make up. Smart owners and good owners can get better without moving a piece like OBJ. Alos you can work the wire during the year for peices just as valuable.

Tim Hightower won me my Super Bowl, I rather have OBJ and a flyer like Hightower and use my skills every year then take a chance on a few lotto tickets that you hope are half as good as OBJ.

But I only won 4 straight points titles and 3 Super Bowls out of the last 4 without making one first round pick in that stretch so the strategy works for me.

Simple math - 325 points from one guy is better than 2 guys who put up 150

LOL, incorrect, if you move a player who can single handily win your team weeks, you forget the concept of what the game is about. Doesnt matter your roster make up. Smart owners and good owners can get better without moving a piece like OBJ. Alos you can work the wire during the year for peices just as valuable.

Tim Hightower won me my Super Bowl, I rather have OBJ and a flyer like Hightower and use my skills every year then take a chance on a few lotto tickets that you hope are half as good as OBJ.

But I only won 4 straight points titles and 3 Super Bowls out of the last 4 without making one first round pick in that stretch so the strategy works for me.

Simple math - 325 points from one guy is better than 2 guys who put up 150

You know, a couple of years ago when AJ Green was a top three WR I took eight tons of crap for trading him in the offseason for Antonio Brown (before he had emerged) and pick 1.1 in the rookie draft that I turned into Leveon Bell. Which side of that trade would you rather be on? The point is I had a strong WR corp and new that with Wallace leaving, Brown would ascend to be the Steelers number one guy and every Steelers top WR has put up big numbers under Ben. I also had very little at RB and new the top guys wouldn't be there when I picked at ten. Again, I'm not saying this is an automatic must do trade, but under certain circumstances it is worth exploring.

This has my league of wussies in an uproar. Team A is defending champ and Team B was really bad this year.

• Team A gave up Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A
  • Team B gave up Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

<p>

This has my league of wussies in an uproar. Team A is defending champ and Team B was really bad this year.

• Team A gave up Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A

Uhhh...my guess is because that's a stupid trade

OK. I take back everything I said before.

This trade is a trade just to make a trade and people are bored.

Horrible trade. Team B may have just handed Leonard Fournette to the league champ.

Horrible trade. Team B may have just handed Leonard Fournette to the league champ.

I was expecting that outrage. A bad team traded the same deal to the champ a few years back.

The champ finished 2-11 and the person who was thought to have bad pick finished 5-8...

So he gain picks 2 and 14 for pick 6. Was it a rip when it was all said and done?

Yup in the other direction.

Anything can happen, and everyones else value is just that, everyone elses.

I was expecting that outrage. A bad team traded the same deal to the champ a few years back.

The champ finished 2-11 and the person who was thought to have bad pick finished 5-8...

So he gain picks 2 and 14 for pick 6. Was it a rip when it was all said and done?

Yup in the other direction.

Anything can happen, and everyones else value is just that, everyone elses.

Of course anything can happen but what IS gonna happen more often than not especially in a dynasty where teams don't tend to go from first to last or last to first in one year is that team B is gonna get raped in this trade.

What are team A and B's rosters? Because more often than not, particularly in dynasty as petekrum alluded to, the teams are going to finish close to what they did the year prior

What are team A and B's rosters? Because more often than not, particularly in dynasty as petekrum alluded to, the teams are going to finish close to what they did the year prior

LOL, well Team A is defending champ and loaded, Team B may be the worst dynasty team in history. Hence the move.

LOL, well Team A is defending champ and loaded, Team B may be the worst dynasty team in history. Hence the move.

If thats the case, then I'd be pretty irate also.

1 thing I've noticed in dynasty leagues. They are just like the NFL as far as owners /teams are concerned. Year after year, the cleveland browns are the cleveland browns, ect ect.

Same in dynasties. A bad owner, does stuff like that, and never gets any better than mediocre at best.

So, as I already said, 99 times out of 100 team A just got handed Fournette on a platter. It's a BAD trade, no matter how you want to spin it.

So, as I already said, 99 times out of 100 team A just got handed Fournette on a platter. It's a BAD trade, no matter how you want to spin it.

People need to understand something. Making a case or playing devils advocate doesnt mean I didnt think it wasnt a bad trade.

Its a bad trade sure, but where is the discussion is saying bad trade?

If thats the case, then I'd be pretty irate also.

1 thing I've noticed in dynasty leagues. They are just like the NFL as far as owners /teams are concerned. Year after year, the cleveland browns are the cleveland browns, ect ect.

Same in dynasties. A bad owner, does stuff like that, and never gets any better than mediocre at best.

Very true. Dynasties more than any other seperate good owners from bad. Mistakes in a redraft only hurt you for a year, mistakes in dynasty can haunt you for a decade.

Very true. Dynasties more than any other seperate good owners from bad. Mistakes in a redraft only hurt you for a year, mistakes in dynasty can haunt you for a decade.

Yup. Crazy though, every league has that one terrible owner.

People need to understand something. Making a case or playing devils advocate doesnt mean I didnt think it wasnt a bad trade.

There doesn't need to be a discussion when there's nobody that thinks it's a "good" trade. If it's unanimously agreed upon that Team A just got a steal in a trade, which it appears is the case from those that chimed in here and your league full of "wussies", then what's there to discuss?

Furthermore, if you want discussion about it and that's all you're looking for out of this, I'll give you one:

It's trades like these from owners like these (Owner B ) that ruins leagues. When the competitive balance is greatly affected by a team that is nowhere close to being competitive, it's a downfall for not just the teams involved in the trade, but the league as a whole.

• Like 1

If I'm fighting to contend and see the resident CLE dynasty team make that trade I'm pist. It's stuff like that that makes people leave leagues.

If I'm fighting to contend and see the resident CLE dynasty team make that trade I'm pist. It's stuff like that that makes people leave leagues.

Sure that stuff sucks, but people do realize their are different level of owners, right?

Sure that stuff sucks, but people do realize their are different level of owners, right?

There certainly are, but sometimes it's in the best interest of the league to weed out a really bad owner and replace him with someone who has a clue. The fact that there are different levels of owners is one of the main reasons fantasy is a lot more than just luck as many claim.

There certainly are, but sometimes it's in the best interest of the league to weed out a really bad owner and replace him with someone who has a clue. The fact that there are different levels of owners is one of the main reasons fantasy is a lot more than just luck as many claim.

Nothing against you, a lot of people feel the way you do.

But...

Why is it everyone feels they know what is best for others? Why do people always pout over trades? If it isnt collusion, deal with it. Or admit you can not adapt or figure out a way to rip off the bad owner.

A trade is a trade, to be honest I frown upon quitters more than bad fantasy owners.

I dont see the Eagles quitting the league because the Browns suck and because the Patriots are always good. Makes no sense.

Part of the skill is learning to rip of the weak owners, you know, be a shark in a pond of guppies. Hence the term "shark."

I'd much rather play in leagues with my peers than in a league where there's 2-3 great teams and a bunch of donators. Ripping off the noobs takes little skill.

I'd much rather play in leagues with my peers than in a league where there's 2-3 great teams and a bunch of donators. Ripping off the noobs takes little skill.

If it took little skill, everyone would do it.

I'm going to venture a guess here folks. This guy is Team A.

I'm going to venture a guess here folks. This guy is Team A.

Clearly you missed this post...

Not really some of us play the game with dignity and don't take advantage of other owners just because we can.

• Like 1

Not really some of us play the game with dignity and don't take advantage of other owners just because we can.

Aw to hell with that, if a guys in the league he's fair game. I'd be angry if that trade happened in my league, but I'd be angrier that I hadn't been the one to capitalize on B's stupidity.

Aw to hell with that, if a guys in the league he's fair game. I'd be angry if that trade happened in my league, but I'd be angrier that I hadn't been the one to capitalize on B's stupidity.

That is why they are always mad, because they are the one to miss out.

Dignity? I dont play fantasy to make friends, I play to win.

Bingo

That's an acceptable attitude for DFS and redraft, but eventually that viewpoint by multiple owners in a dynasty league will be its downfall.

Now let's get back to the original theme of this thread rather than this exercise of futility

I was offered Jeremy Hill cincy and Davante Adams g.b. for David Johnson zona.

I thought it was an ok offer, but I turned it down. It was a decent starting point to gets talks started, but that was it.

My thinking is DJ can be a serious stud, and even if it turns out that he's not the next big thing. I have a serious man crush on the kid, so I'm gonna be all in on him regardless.

Adams would've been my #6 wr (we can start 4 wr's). Hill I never really cared for all too much, dating back to his LSU days. So for me, it would've been a crappy rb replacement.

At this stage of the game, I'd need a huge overpay to part ways with DJ.

I was offered Jeremy Hill cincy and Davante Adams g.b. for David Johnson zona.

I thought it was an ok offer, but I turned it down. It was a decent starting point to gets talks started, but that was it.

Agree with this. I think that's a solid starting point for a trade offer. If I were a DJ owner I'd balk at it as well, only because I do believe his value could net more in a trade.

Having said that, and completely unrelated to this particular offer, Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard are an interesting piece(s) this offseason. No one is going to know how these guys are going to be utilized in the future now that Hue is gone. Could be a chance to buy one or both low and see what happens the rest of the offseason and throughout camp. I personally think that Hue mismanaged that backfield at times this year.

Maybe (read: hopefully) someone can provide me with statistics/analysis contrary, but I feel Gio running between the tackles was T-Richesque this year. I'd love to see the Bengals move him to strictly a 3rd down role and have Hill in there the majority of the offensive snaps.

i love people like you in my league... cause I am there to exploit the idiots!

love you,

jdon

How good a fit is Hyde in Chips system? Trying you figure his value.

I think he fits fine. It will be interesting to see if Chips system is completely figured out or if the running game was a product of that horrid oline.

How good a fit is Hyde in Chips system? Trying you figure his value.

Should be pretty easy to figure out. If he tries to get rid of the kid, then he might be pretty good. If he wants to keep him, then he's gonna stink.

If you were starting your Dynasty team with two players, which combo would you rather have..... 1) Gronk and Jordy Nelson or 2) Le'Veon Bell and Travis Kelce ?

If you were starting your Dynasty team with two players, which combo would you rather have..... 1) Gronk and Jordy Nelson or 2) Le'Veon Bell and Travis Kelce ?

Bell and Kelce. Gives you a stud at two shallow positions.