Sign in to follow this  
Theyhateme459

Game Day Ritual Next Generation of Fantasy Footbal

Yesterday I decided to check out the link for one of FFToday advertisers. So I clicked on that gameday ritual link in the upper right part of the site and visited it. I must say I was blown away. I've never seen anything with Fantasy Football have that much Depth EVER!!! So I wanted to know what others think. Do you think they went to far? Is it something you would be interested in? I honestly don't know yet, will probably have to wait and see the price. But it seems like I may just want to give it try, just to see how it works out. Like it or hate it, I just want to know what other people are thinking about it.

FYI heres the link

Game Day Ritual Website

I haven't tried it yet but I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't heard of a fantasy football dynasty league so indepth and unique before as what GDR has put together.

They do suggest that their game is intended for people who are really into their fantasy football as opposed to the casual fan because it is so involved. That said, GDR launched a baseball version this current season and have received tremendous response.

Looks like a winner :pointstosky:

Guest camtheleaffan

Hi Folks,

Just want to introduce myself -- I am one of the founders of www.gamedayritual.com.

Glad that you guys are intrigued by the game, needless to say it was a ton of fun to develop. We actually launched our first offering back in Feb, gamedayritual - Baseball Edition, and it was a great success. We are now following up with our next major release: gamedayritual - Football Edition.

It is tough to encapsulate the concept of the game in a post aside to say that we have tried to create a real-time stats based fantasy game that it truly beyond the ordinary. It all starts, not with a draft, but an open AI-based free agency marketplace where you negotiate with players for multi-year contracts against other owners in your league. Then the strategy begins!

- team finances, attendance tracking and stadium contruction;

- team offensive and defensive schemes as well as an in-game playbook;

- full 45-man starting rosters as well as inactive and injury reserves;

- blitz rates, RB fatigue management, weather factors;

- a depth chart system so that we don't get screwed by pre-game injury reports;

- a full featured interface including an AI-based Assistant GM.

I am sure that you will all have a ton of questions and as such I will make an effort to visit this board every day to answer any questions that you might have. We have a vigorous commitment to customer support and all ideas, thoughts, suggestions and concerns voiced by our users are taken very seriously.

If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to post it here or contact us at support@gamedayritual.com. Also, the existing www.gamedayritual.com forum has a very active user base that would be happy to answer any questions that you might have about the game and its uniqueness. We certainly stand behind the opinions of our users. (No, we are not suggesting you leave the FFToday boards -- just suggesting to take a look if you want any real opinions!).

Also, a good thing to check out is the Tour and the User Guide that is right on the fornt page of the main site.

Finally, I would like to say that we a HUGE fantasy football fans and this undertaking is our lives (well, 23 hours a day of it). We have a intense commitment to continue to work with our users to drive, improve and innovate the game so that it continues define itself as the pinnacle of fantasy football games.

Cameron

support@gamedayritual.com

this looks really cool, i wonder how much it would set me back... it's says on the site that registration will start in the middle of july

Guest camtheleaffan

The pricing is on the site under inside the "Play Now" section (there is a link saying "Click Here" for pricing).

A really quick summary: is it about $29 per team individually, or about $25 per team if you buy them as part of a league. This is the pricing if you sign-up for the newsletter beforehand.

The pricing is on the site under inside the "Play Now" section (there is a link saying "Click Here" for pricing).

A really quick summary: is it about $29 per team individually, or about $25 per team if you buy them as part of a league.  This is the pricing if you sign-up for the newsletter beforehand.

thats it, only $25..... If i find more people with interest I'm definitly in.

When you consider all that is involved to develop this game just from a technology standpoint, $25/team is pretty cheap.

Guest camtheleaffan
Holy cow...this is pretty neat.

Similar in concept to Solecismic's excellent Front Office Football GM game.

The key difference being that gamedayritual is a real-time, real-opposition fantasy game with real-life player stats --- versus a simulator.

BTW, I agree that Front Office Football is a well done simulator.

Guest camtheleaffan

Cool! Maybe we can put together a couple FFToday specific leagues -- building off the gang here that has shown some interest?

Cool! Maybe we can put together a couple FFToday specific leagues -- building off the gang here that has shown some interest?

That would be nice, because I'm definitly in...... this a very deep, and I'm very intrigued

Guest camtheleaffan

Alright... for the first ever FFToday league (we'll try to gun for 16-teams, 4-division, playoffs and the Free Agency Blitz starting in the last week of July --- tentative on feedback)

1. Mike MacGregor

2. Theyhateme459

Others? Tankslap? jman2007?

Since it is a new game I can fully provide you guys some handholding early on so that you can get your bearings (the Free Agency Blitz is a real whirl!).

How about we start with a free agency blitz mock draft? Is that possible?

Holy cow...this is pretty neat.

Similar in concept to Solecismic's excellent Front Office Football GM game.

The key difference being that gamedayritual is a real-time, real-opposition fantasy game with real-life player stats --- versus a simulator.

BTW, I agree that Front Office Football is a well done simulator.

Yes, I didn't mention FOF is a sim. Using real player stats is much cooler IMO, and sounds a lot more fun.

Funny - I checked it out today too - even signed up for the newsletter. It looks really cool, if a bit intense. I'm more of a casual player.

There's a great read here - it's a bunch of people doing the "draft" for gameday ritual's baseball version. Sounds like a TON of fun.

I'd be interested in joining a league.

Thanks for the read.... that just made me even more anxious to play. They seemed like they had a ball with this thing.

Guest TheCheat

Holy friggin' crap, this looks cool. Really attractive UI and concepts. After taking the tour, I'm quite surprised a team's only $25.

Signing up for the newsletter now...if the league above happens, count me in.

How about we start with a free agency blitz mock draft? Is that possible?

Since it is a new game I can fully provide you guys some handholding early on so that you can get your bearings (the Free Agency Blitz is a real whirl!).

So is that possible? I'm going to do it either way, but is there away we can do a mock or something just to get use to it??

You guys can also check out the forums at RotoChamps.com where a lot of their members joined GDR baseball to get their impressions.

Hey, RotoChamps also have something called the Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy over there too. How 'bout that? :doublethumbsup: :banana:

Here is one such post at RotoChamps with props for GDR:

http://www.rotochamps.com/ftopict-5714.html

Guest camtheleaffan

1. Mike MacGregor

2. Theyhateme459

3. Tankslap

4. rexnervous

5. TheCheat

I will see what I am able to do in terms of a mock. Maybe we can do a mini one or two wave version (around 192 players signed) so you guys can get your feet wet (and chat it up!), then I can reset and do the real thing.

How does that sound? (I still need to investigate the technicalities a bit but I think it could be doable).

1. Mike MacGregor

2. Theyhateme459

3. Tankslap

4. rexnervous

5. TheCheat

I will see what I am able to do in terms of a mock.  Maybe we can do a mini one or two wave version (around 192 players signed) so you guys can get your feet wet (and chat it up!), then I can reset and do the real thing.

How does that sound? (I still need to investigate the technicalities a bit but I think it could be doable).

thats sound good to me, anything to get our feet wet a little before the real thing. :banana: :banana:

Also a few questions and comments

1) Whats the difference in buying a league vs having everyone pay seperatly? How does that work?

2) When reading the rules I had one small question.... Can you offer 3 perfomance incentives Per year?? So it would be possible during the 3rd season to have 9 players with perfomance incentives in their contract correct? Or can it only be 3 players at a time?

3) I'm not picky, but don't you think a 12 man league would be better for us? Since this would be all of our first time I think maybe 12 will be better?? I don't know just a thought... I'm in reguardless. But i guess 16 would make the teams more realistic since we use a depth chart.

4) For thoes FFtoday members reading this check their site out. If you're a hard core FFB player this ish looks awesome. I'm looking forward to this more than any other league, and it's very very affordable for what you get. Don't wait too long and miss out on a good oppertunity. :( :thumbsdown: :cheers: :first: :clap:

One more question...... Are points per yard, or per every 15,30 yard. I was a little confused by this in the manual which way it's calculated.

I'd be in if this is an all-FFT league, and we can get one of the Mikes to hook us up with a geek league bored.

I'd be in if this is an all-FFT league, and we can get one of the Mikes to hook us up with a geek league bored.

Yeah, we can do that... no problem.

Yeah, we can do that... no problem.

Cool, now we just need to find about 10 more FFTodayers.

:rolleyes:

hopefully more people will check out the site and get interested. I've told a few FFtoday members about it, and they said they were interested, they just have to come post.

This looks like a fantastic game, but if I signed onto this thing my marriage would probably be ruined by mid-October. :thumbsup:

There's always more fish in the sea :rolleyes:

I'm in. Just what I needed another source to spend money on :P

If we could do a mock of sorts that would be awesome.

They hate me and i were looking at this a few days ago and i must say i am very interested in it! Put me down for a spot I'll give it a shot!

Guest camtheleaffan

1. Mike MacGregor

2. Theyhateme459

3. Tankslap

4. rexnervous

5. TheCheat

6. Grigs Allmoon

7. SteveMy

8. Tough Guy

Hey fellas, looks like we are cooking along here! Sorry I was missing in action for a bit this weekend -- I was at a wedding (not mine!)

Answers to your questions:

1. The "full league" deal is generally for groups of friends that already know each other personally. It requires that the league be purchased at once, on a single credit card. After that the owners can figure out who owes who for what.

2. By the end of each Free Agency Blitz (FAB --- right before each season) you can only have a max of 3 players under contract with performance bonuses (PBs). The only case where you can have over this number is if you entered the FAB period with more than 3 PB-based contracts (possible if you acquired a multi-year contract with a PB during the previous season) -- at which point you cannot offer any more during the FAB. Basically, in an n-team league there is a max of 3n PBs out there at any given time (so for a 12 team league there can only be a total of 36 PBs out there).

3. Sure... I can set up any size of league that you guys prefer. If the others are game for 12-teams that's no problem!

Glad you guys are excited about it! I think that you'll find the game to be a load of fun --- the folks that play the baseball version are now addicted die-hards (including me).

Hey "Nate Burleson's Burly Son": you sure your marriage is that important?

Keep the questions rolling in and I'll keep answering.

This looks like a fantastic game, but if I signed onto this thing my marriage would probably be ruined by mid-October. :headbanger:

:ph34r:

I was thinking the same thing.

Cam, one of our writers Matt Waldman, a.k.a. Wildman on the boards is keen to try this out too so put him on the list for the mock as well, s'il vous plaît.

3. Sure... I can set up any size of league that you guys prefer. If the others are game for 12-teams that's no problem!

I guess the way it's set up 16, would be cool if we make it there. Hopefully we get 7 more people, If not then we can settle for 12, or 14. Thats just my opinion, I don't know what the others think.

Guest camtheleaffan

1. Mike MacGregor

2. Theyhateme459

3. Tankslap

4. rexnervous

5. TheCheat

6. Grigs Allmoon

7. SteveMy

8. Tough Guy

9. Wildman

Others?