Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Round 8-10 discussion

Ok, here is the dealio. Man, this Pizza Hut place had me fill out a freakin 80 question survey, and their app. is all professional and sh1t. So, that took up a chunk of my time, and i have to go back after this pick.

Whoa, man, that was a record!!! Rueben was BA RB, i shouldn't of waited this long to take a backup. Oh well, that is why it's a mock draft, to practice strategies.

6 User(s) are browsing this forum (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

6 Members: Theyhateme459, yostevo, huskerd911, mozzy84, adam smitty, JScott

looks like the next 5 picks will roll off quickly

6 User(s) are browsing this forum (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

6 Members: Theyhateme459, yostevo, huskerd911, mozzy84, adam smitty, JScott

looks like the next 5 picks will roll off quickly

Or Not

:bench:

What seems to be the matter?

Ummm, one, this draft has come to a SCREECHING halt. Two, there are always like 8 people on here, and there is no one talking on the discussion board.

Ummm, one, this draft has come to a SCREECHING halt. Two, there are always like 8 people on here, and there is no one talking on the discussion board.

Hello, kettle calling pot. Come in pot :rolleyes:

Sorry to hold things up guys. Left work at 5PM and went out to dinner. Just got back. Give me a minute.

Hello, kettle calling pot. Come in pot :rolleyes:

Sorry to hold things up guys. Left work at 5PM and went out to dinner. Just got back. Give me a minute.

LOL, that is fine. Was just bored after i was busy.

8.06 Thomas Jones, RB CHI

If Benson comes out of camp as the starter then this is a wasted pick. But if the rookie needs some time to develop, Jones will be a decent sub for Lewis in week 3. At least I'll know which RB will be playing, instead of having another possible RBBC from another team.

8.06 Thomas Jones, RB CHI

If Benson comes out of camp as the starter then this is a wasted pick. But if the rookie needs some time to develop, Jones will be a decent sub for Lewis in week 3. At least I'll know which RB will be playing, instead of having another possible RBBC from another team.

I like Jones just fine there

Rookie RB usually take some time and jones stared off pretty good last year

Damnit, this sucks that you guys come out in the morning and not late at night when i am bored :wall: O well, i guess work sucks, of course i wouldn't know that :banana: But, of course, i just turned in 10 applications today, so, i may know very soon :cry:

Took Brady as my backup here and also to make sure I have someone good if Brooks finds a way to struggle this year. That said, I expect a good year from Brooks and a strong fantasy year from Brady as well. I have both of them ranked in the top 12 and consider Brady solid value here.

Took Brady as my backup here and also to make sure I have someone good if Brooks finds a way to struggle this year. That said, I expect a good year from Brooks and a strong fantasy year from Brady as well. I have both of them ranked in the top 12 and consider Brady solid value here.

Wow, that was a great pick. That is EXACTLY the reason you can wait for QBs. Manning will score maybe 50-80 more points than Brady....Manning went 4th, and Brady went 102nd, 98 picks later, you have lost just 50 points.

Good pick, I thought about taking Brady with my pick. With Dillon in the bachfield Brady won't be a QB stud but they do throw into the endzone a lot so that should make him a solid starter, great backup QB.

Oh, and I will be watching him opening night from my seat just below the newly unferled Championship banner in Gillete Stadium :pointstosky:

8.09 - Ricky Williams RB, Miami Dolphins  :unsure:

:D is right, I think I'd be very worried going into the season with Ricky as my #3 RB. Maybe #4 or #5 where the risk/reward makes it worth it wouldn't be bad.

I suppose there is no way this mock will be done by 6 tommorrow?? :ph34r:

i'm going to the lake this weekend, no internet at the cabin, I thought it would be done by then

i'm going to the lake this weekend, no internet at the cabin, I thought it would be done by then

At the rate were going it should be done by then. :unsure:

At the rate were going it should be done by then. :D

:unsure:

I have packerAaron taking Marshall Faulk at 6.11.

Nice, Packer goes off to have a kid and GR starts pilfering his players while he's not around

:angry:

I have packerAaron taking Marshall Faulk at 6.11.

Nice, Packer goes off to have a kid and GR starts pilfering his players while he's not around

;)

:lol:

i apologize to the rest of the mock..i have been really busy at work the past few days and haven't had time to contribute..once it's finished and the weekend is here i will certainly add some comments

and please note i would have taken brady at 8.3..i thought he was off the board in the 7th ..when you are pressed for time and doing these by hand it's hard to keep track of all players...but i have brady rated higher than plummer ( slightly but not much ) and i would have nabbed him at 8.3 if i hadn't mistakenly thought he was selected

ohh yeah just pick for giants rule her..no use holding this up now we are in the middle rounds...even the :unsure: agrees

Guest Giants Rule 04

Sorry about that guys, I didn't realize that Faulk was gone. I have made the adjustment. :unsure:

Clash - I've got your picks if you want to delete your post :thumbsup:

It was between TJ and Stallworth, but I think Aaron Brooks is an idiot and I think Deuce will be more of a factor in the offense, bringing down the passing game in NO a bit and I like what is going on in CIN better.

It was between TJ and Stallworth, but I think Aaron Brooks is an idiot and I think Deuce will be more of a factor in the offense, bringing down the passing game in NO a bit and I like what is going on in CIN better.

TJ came up big opposite Chad while Warrick was out. Is Warrick still with Cincy? Will he keep his #2WR spot. I can't see how, but has there been any word either way?

TJ came up big opposite Chad while Warrick was out. Is Warrick still with Cincy? Will he keep his #2WR spot. I can't see how, but has there been any word either way?

Warrick is still not 100% healthy and he might be a salary cap casualty.

So I guess this is a bit of a risky pick, but if TJ's situation is the same as last year's, I'm sure it will pay off.

OK heres my thing on Charles Rogers

He can and should put up very similiar numbers to Roy Williams

I think Roy is going way too high in every draft and Rogers is going to low.

If its because people think Chuck will get hurt that is fine. but if they are both healthy their numbers will be close

I have Chuck

15 games 61 rec 750 yards 6 tds

roy

16 games 67 rec 975 yards 7 td's

and that is a toss up. Any game either one of these 2 will have good games, and there is not a ton of differnce skill wise

So everyone be ahppy with a Rogers pick when you are get him in the 9th 10th round

OK heres my thing on Charles Rogers

He can and should put up very similiar numbers to Roy Williams

I think Roy is going way too high in every draft and Rogers is going to low.

If its because people think Chuck will get hurt that is fine. but if they are both healthy their numbers will be close

I have Chuck

15 games 61 rec 750 yards 6 tds

roy

16 games 67 rec 975 yards 7 td's

and that is a toss up. Any game either one of these 2 will have good games, and there is not a ton of differnce skill wise

So everyone be ahppy with a Rogers pick when you are get him in the 9th 10th round

:thumbsup: I totally agree, good post

I like Graham as a backup here. He's show he has the ability to make great plays but he's been inconsistent. Plus the Pats will run a lot of 2 TE sets with Watson coming back, but Brady does look to Graham in the redzone.