Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Popping the question

Just purchased some bling bling the other day and am waiting for the right time to pop the marraige question. I just turned 30, she is a great one, so why not. I need a gameplan, any ideas? And yes, I cannot think for myself. :unsure:

start a paint peeling fight, then say psyche, get on your knee and propose.

wimmen love drama

Popping the question, Any good ideas?

Yeah, don't.

I hired a banner towing plane to fly over a softball field which asked her to marry me.

It was at a Rod and Gun Club which served as the official field of our league. Their were about forty people there who were spouses/girlfriends/family of the players and about thirty more who would just hang out and drink beer and watch teh games.

I let the umpire in on it beforehand, so when the plane started coming into view, he called timeout.

I ran over to the bench and into my softball bag and ran up to her and got on one knee.

She said "yes" and the rest is history.

On a sidenote, 12 years later, she says it's the last romantic thing I ever did. :blink:

Romantic proposals are over rated. Ask her when she'll least expect it. During some sort of mundain everyday chore like doing the dishes or somthing. It will ensure that she never hates doing the dishes through the remainder of your years together becasue it will always remind her of you. :barf:

If she is the romantic type - the ol, ring in the wine is classic. Cleverly placed radio spots are popular too. Seems like lotsa fellas plan a day of stuff and then pop the question somewhere towards the end of it.

Good Luck!

Oh and Congrats BTW!

I hired a banner towing plane to fly over a softball field which asked her to marry me.

The actual banner said:

Will you marry me? *

*This banner sponsored by Clarol's Highlights for Men :blink:

justkiddingpal

I took my girl Rollerblading at a park. we stopped under a tree to take a rest. after a few minutes I helped her up and she turned to continue down the path. I got down and called out to her she turned around and I was on one knee.

So here are some tips

1. Do it some where you both enjoy Restaurant, Park, .

2. When you ask her to marry you say her full name including middle name. Not just Sue will you marry me.

3. Surprise her

4. Bring a camera (she will want a picture)

Thanks for the suggestions! I am supposed to ask her father first right? Or is that an outdated tradition?

I am supposed to ask her father first right? Or is that an outdated tradition?

that is very outdated. dont bother. she is a grown woman who can make her own decisions. in all seriousness; i actually asked pebbles in front of her mom, wilma.

Donkey punch. Basically, pop her in the head before you pop the question.

The actual banner said:

Will you marry me? *

*This banner sponsored by Clarol's Highlights for Men :blink:

justkiddingpal

Hey, don't knock it. It saved me fifty bucks off the rental price. Plus I received a years worth of hair care products. :blink:

Thanks for the suggestions! I am supposed to ask her father first right? Or is that an outdated tradition?

I asked her dad first. It's a great way to show respect for them and to stay on their good side.

On the radio sunday night, i jokingly proposed to sarah, the temp producer of the show.

(who is hot!)

they expected guys to hit on her during the show so why not play along.

She says: I don't know...what is the ring like?

me: round :blink:

I took my wife to the site of our first date and proposed there. :blink:

Have an asian massage therapist give you a Happy Ending.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with proposing, but it's still a great idea. :blink:

Guest Black Label Society

Write a song about your relationship, your memories, etc.

Learn it on the guitar or instrument of your choice.....if you don't know how to play, surprise her by learning it. Even more meaningful to her.

Then play her the song in front of a bunch of people.....figure somehting out.

Then pop the question and arrange to have someone videotape it (discreetly).

Then take her home and do her in the poop chute.

Hand her a severed human head with the ring placed carefully on the tongue.

Guest Black Label Society
Hand her a severed human head with the ring placed carefully on the tongue.

Ooooh YES!!! :unsure:

And make sure it's a sibling!!! :thumbsdown:

Ooooh YES!!! :unsure:

And make sure it's a sibling!!! :thumbsdown:

For the most romantic impact, it should still be warm.

Buy a dozen roses. Buy a dozen helium filled balloons. Write 11 reasons why you can't live without her or why she is special on little pices of fancy paper. Tie the papers and roses to the balloons. Arrange them so she has to read them one at a time until she gets to the 12th one where you are on one knee (behind a closed door perhaps. Believe me, she will know she only has 11 at this point) with the 12th rose with bling bling tied to it. Worked for me!

We lived together 5 years, had a 4-year old son, and one day I said "Do you want to get married?" We went to the courthouse at Centerville, Indiana where the marriage was witnessed by two cows. Went home and ate pizza.

Can't get any more romantic than that and it only cost me about $30, including pizza.

Big deal to her, just another day to me.

I see no reason to spend thousands.