Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Packers: We want Favre's decision by Saturday

Packers | Chmura chides Favre

Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:56:32 -0700

The Capital Times reports former Green Bay Packers TE Mark Chmura ripped QB Brett Favre, his former friend and teammate, during his Sunday morning radio show, April 2. Commenting on Favre's inability to make a decision on whether to retire or return for one more season, Chmura said: "People who don't think that it's all about him are fooling themselves. With a quote like 'What are they gonna do, cut me?' It's all about him." Chmura made his comments during the Miller Lite Football Show, which airs Sunday mornings from 8 to 10 a.m. on Milwaukee's ESPN Radio, WAUK-AM/1510. Chmura added that he isn't sure why Favre would want to return in 2006.

KFFL.com

Chmura is very bitter. Apparently Favre never called him after he was charged and later aquitted. Hmm, I can't think of any reason Favre would want to distance himself from a guy that fools around at 17 year old girls high school parties. If it wasn't for Favre, Chmura's voice wouldn't even be on the radio and no one would give a crap what he had to say.

Chmura is very bitter. Apparently Favre never called him after he was charged and later aquitted. Hmm, I can't think of any reason Favre would want to distance himself from a guy that fools around at 17 year old girls high school parties. If it wasn't for Favre, Chmura's voice wouldn't even be on the radio and no one would give a crap what he had to say.

LOL! I don't give a crap what Chmura says, regardless of Favre. Chmura is a world-class loser. You should read some of the other garbage he has spewed on his 'radio show'. The guy is classless, and I agree completely with your assessment of the situation between him and Favre. Yeah, the guy was aquitted...we all know that basically means: 'he's guilty, but we can't prove it with 100% conviction because of some stupid loop-hole or tampered evidence, so we're letting him off'. I don't believe for 1 minute that Chmura was innocent of the charges. :thumbsdown:

LOL! I don't give a crap what Chmura says, regardless of Favre. Chmura is a world-class loser. You should read some of the other garbage he has spewed on his 'radio show'. The guy is classless, and I agree completely with your assessment of the situation between him and Favre. Yeah, the guy was aquitted...we all know that basically means: 'he's guilty, but we can't prove it with 100% conviction because of some stupid loop-hole or tampered evidence, so we're letting him off'. I don't believe for 1 minute that Chmura was innocent of the charges. :thumbsdown:

He might be innocent of raping a 17 year old girl, but what is a 30 year old pro football player doing hanging out with 17 year olds at a high school post prom party?...nuff said. I would have stayed the hell away from that mess if I was Favre as well.

always gotta go to insults and rolleyes when someone says something you disagree with don't you? :thumbsdown:

You hit the nail on the head mozzy, Sho nuff generally cannot see other peoples points and opinions when it comes to his beloved Pack.

You left out one key fact that I have a serious problem with. He's held his team/fans hostage for two focking years now with this retirement thing. Show some focking manners Favre.

Kudos to the Pack for finally calling him out.

Hell it will not suprise me one bit if Favre quits halfway into the season.

Funny...because I did not call you an idiot. I said you made idiotic comments.

Again with Walker and Brett contract honoring...contracts have provisions in them for retirement...Brett is fully within honoring his contract whether he comes back or retires. Walker...by threatening the holdout...was not.

That is what I called an idiotic comment.

So your argument is now based on a contract. Shouldn't the well being of the Pack come first, not what is best for Brett? There are still some pretty good QB's out there that could be had for cheap. But wait your front office can't invest money into one that could end up being third string.

Whoa! The wheels have come off for a level-headed hoffdaddy!

Sounds like you watched the ESPN clip. I thought Brett looked full of BS the whole time. But I more got the feeling that he, McCarthy and Thompson knew a lot more than he was willing to say. Kind of reinforced my opinion that the team knows exactly what 'the decision' is and is moving forward thusly.

man how much of the pack cool aid can one person drink? Enough already, call a spade a spade. We all know Favre had a great career but that doesn't make him a great person.

:music_guitarred:

I've been a die-hard Packer fan all my life, and have loved watching Favre play. He is a god to Packer fans. But in all honesty, we need to start looking at it objectively. If Packer fans were watching any other player, on any other team pull this crap that Favre has been pulling, they would without a doubt think the guy was a jerk

Before all you Packer fans bash me, try to think of the situation in a non-homer way. I want Favre to play just as much as all of you, I just think it's about time he stops with the waiting game.

Damn I'm good

I do not act like I know him...I am simply informed enough about what the guy has said and done his entire career and none of it points to a guy who seeks to bring attention to himself.

Or maybe not. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

as i said...my, how quick the fans have turned on the face of the franchise....

as i said...my, how quick the fans have turned on the face of the franchise....

The writings been on the wall for a time, alot of Packer fans just didn't want to believe it....

just a note for those who think im so obsessed with favre...this was a 5 pager and I never chimed in....

but theres a lot of good material in here....

a very very interesting read now three years later.

very interesting indeed.

in short, it looks like the people claiming favre to be a diva and an attention wh0re have pretty much been vindicated and those defending him as not have pretty much been proven wrong.

say it ain't so, joe!!

I hope the Vikings get pounded by the Pack twice this year and Favre gets benched for Rosenfels. He used to be one of my favorite players to watch, but I am so damn sick of watching his diva act year after year. Favre has every right to keep playing for as long as there's a team out there willing to give him a paycheck, but five years of the annual retirement watch I really think he's a drama queen. It's not good enough for Favre to just play football anymore, nope. He wants a team to smooch his arse and beg him to play so he can swoop in with all the media circus and save the day. This is consistent with his whining that the Packers wouldn't wait around indefinitely before grooming a new QB and reports from the Jets that he was a diva who thought he's better than everyone else.

And you know what? Favre isn't even that good anymore. With the exception of the 07-08 season he has SUCKED for the past four years and even including his last year with the Pack, he's thrown 84 regular season INTs in that time. The Vikings may think they're getting a significant upgrade at QB but I'd argue that a team with a powerful running game and solid D is more in need of a consistent game manager along the lines of a Phil Simms or a Troy Aikman than a "gunslinger" who takes wild chances with the ball in every game. My prediction: Another 20 INTs, pretty much the same record the Vikes could've had with Rosenfels or TJax at quarterback, and another early exit from the playoffs.

I also expect this situation will get ugly, because no matter how poorly he plays you can't bench Favre. Why? Cause he's FAVRE! Can you imaging the babywhining coming out of Minnny if Favre sucks it up to the point where you think about going to Tavaris Jackson? You now have a 40-year-old quarterback coming off surgery who cannot be benched without risking a total locker room meltdown. What a mess.