Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Packers: We want Favre's decision by Saturday

ok then, i have heard all your responses towards farve commenting on walkers contract publically in a negative light.

let me ask you something then: can you name another example in professional sports of a player publically talking about another teammates contract situation in a negative light? (not counting rookies holding out of training camp)?

didnt thinks so.

That makes it that wrong?

As I said...I disagreed with him saying "I hope they do not give it to him..." or something along those lines.

I strongly agree with the team leader saying that Javon is going about it the wrong way.

Don't want people talking about it...don't bring it up to the media. Pretty simple.

That someone has never talked about it before is irrelevant. How many before Favre sat in front of cameras and admitted he had a problem with painkillers?

That makes it that wrong?

As I said...I disagreed with him saying "I hope they do not give it to him..." or something along those lines.

I strongly agree with the team leader saying that Javon is going about it the wrong way.

Don't want people talking about it...don't bring it up to the media. Pretty simple.

That someone has never talked about it before is irrelevant. How many before Favre sat in front of cameras and admitted he had a problem with painkillers?

well, my initial point was that i said this is an unwritten rule in sports; players dont talk negatively about another players contract situation, and people were saying "where did you find this rule at?", or, in a nutshell "that's BS"

now all i was asking is can anyone name another situation in the whole history of sports where one player underminded another players attempt to get a bigger contract. so far, no one has give an example of it. and its because players know better and know not to mess with another players pocketbook. its not their business.

even though walker went public with it, farve still has no right to comment. save that for the sportswriters and people like us on fftoday to do that. other players shouldnt say a word, especially teammates.

and i am not arguing that brett is right or wrong in his opinion (i agree with what he said, btw), i'm only saying that he shouldnt have said anything at all, unless it was positive. if anything, he should have at least worded what he said as so: "i hope javon and management can work something out soon, b/c we really need him in camp for the following year", that way his point of needing him in camp is pushed across, but he still stays out of the contract situation.

about farve coming on camera talking about problems with drugs (which painkillers are) well, many players have done it before. he didnt go into unchartered territory with his revelation there.

about farve coming on camera talking about problems with drugs (which painkillers are) well, many players have done it before. he didnt go into unchartered territory with his revelation there.

As far as current players and painkillers...yes...he was in some uncharted territory there...as rumors were that many had that problem...I am still surprised that we have heard no others come out with something similar.

As far as current players and painkillers...yes...he was in some uncharted territory there...as rumors were that many had that problem...I am still surprised that we have heard no others come out with something similar.

maybe he was the first to discuss specifically painkillers, but i personally lump painkiller abuse into just general drug abuse, bc thats what it really is.

but thats just my opinion, and its not really worth arguing about, so i'll give you this one

maybe he was the first to discuss specifically painkillers, but i personally lump painkiller abuse into just general drug abuse, bc thats what it really is.

but thats just my opinion, and its not really worth arguing about, so i'll give you this one

Yes and no...I agree to a point as it is drug abuse.

But I think saying...I have a pot problem...and this and that is one thing.

But I think the reality that a guy like him was using that many painkillers in order to get through a season was alarming...

In the same sense that some people feel that Walker going public with his desire for a new contract gave Farve the right to criticize, wouldn't it be the same regarding Farve and his retire or not to retire talk. If I were Walker, I would publically criticize him for not making up his mind in a quicker manner, which would benefit the team. Farve talks about retirement and the fact that he doesn't know what he is doing. At that point, he is fair game for teammates to criticize. Right? Same goes with Farve and his painkiller issue. He went public with that issue. So at that point, his teammates had the right to pile on and criticize him for abusing drugs.

In the same sense that some people feel that Walker going public with his desire for a new contract gave Farve the right to criticize, wouldn't it be the same regarding Farve and his retire or not to retire talk. If I were Walker, I would publically criticize him for not making up his mind in a quicker manner, which would benefit the team. Farve talks about retirement and the fact that he doesn't know what he is doing. At that point, he is fair game for teammates to criticize. Right? Same goes with Farve and his painkiller issue. He went public with that issue. So at that point, his teammates had the right to pile on and criticize him for abusing drugs.

Walker could do that all he wanted...and I would have nothing against him doing it...except that he does not want to be a part of the team so why does he care?

I'll agree with those who say Favre shouldn't have commented on Walker's contract status, but I'll disagree with anyone who says that had any affect on his (Walker's) wallet. The Packers were not going to give in to Walker's demands. He would not have gotten another penny, and a holdout might have resulted in fines.

Javon Walker might be the only person in Wisconsin who doesn't know the Packer's policy against restructuring contracts with more than 1 year remaining.

And it certainly isn't Favre's fault he got injured in the preseason.

I just heard tonight on a local Green Bay news station that the "deadline" for Favre's decision has been cancelled and there has been no timetable for his decision. Well, it does not surprise me in the least. Why give away your draft strategy and say Favre is coming back. If he says he is now, then the value of the No.5 pick if some team wants to trade up and take a QB falls quite a bit in my view. What's the rush anyway?

I just heard tonight on a local Green Bay news station that the "deadline" for Favre's decision has been cancelled and there has been no timetable for his decision. Well, it does not surprise me in the least. Why give away your draft strategy and say Favre is coming back. If he says he is now, then the value of the No.5 pick if some team wants to trade up and take a QB falls quite a bit in my view. What's the rush anyway?

so we're now going into april and no one knows?

ridiculous.

and it's wishful thinking to believe this is all some grand conspiracy to protect the packers draft (lol) and that favre and the packers knew months ago and are duping the public now with a brilliant cloak-and-dagger plan.

er, right.

so we're now going into april and no one knows?

ridiculous.

and it's wishful thinking to believe this is all some grand conspiracy to protect the packers draft (lol) and that favre and the packers knew months ago and are duping the public now with a brilliant cloak-and-dagger plan.

er, right.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all. Why give away your draft strategy when you don't have to? For all we know at this point, Favre could have made his decision already and the Pack won't go public with it until after the draft.

If you don't want to believe it's possibility, that's fine, that's your choice.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all. Why give away your draft strategy when you don't have to? For all we know at this point, Favre could have made his decision already and the Pack won't go public with it until after the draft.

If you don't want to believe it's possibility, that's fine, that's your choice.

favre's on his last legs regardless if he comes back or not. therefore, that doesn't change their draft plan one iota. last year favre came back and they still drafted rodgers. if the packers feel rodgers is their man, they won't draft a qb at 5--no matter what favre decides. if the packers don't feel rodgers is their guy, they might entertain drafting another qb--again, no matter what favre decides.

i highly doubt other gms around the league are sitting around going "gee, if only we knew what favre was going to do--then we'd know the packers draft secrets!"

the uncertainty is, overall, a negative for the packer organization--both in public pr and with potential free agents. so it would be doubly stupid for them to purposely milk this publicly. the negatives outweigh the positives of them doing that.

therefore, the uncertainty is legit.

favre's on his last legs regardless if he comes back or not. therefore, that doesn't change their draft plan one iota. last year favre came back and they still drafted rodgers. if the packers feel rodgers is their man, they won't draft a qb at 5--no matter what favre decides. if the packers don't feel rodgers is their guy, they might entertain drafting another qb--again, no matter what favre decides.

i highly doubt other gms around the league are sitting around going "gee, if only we knew what favre was going to do--then we'd know the packers draft secrets!"

the uncertainty is, overall, a negative for the packer organization--both in public pr and with potential free agents. so it would be doubly stupid for them to purposely milk this publicly. the negatives outweigh the positives of them doing that.

therefore, the uncertainty is legit.

I agree with this. They still have no idea if Rodgers will be the guy or not. They wont make that decision based on practice or 4th quarter preseason mop up duty. They wont burn another 1st round pick on a qb after doing so 12 months ago.

favre's decision has absolutely no bearing on this year's draft. They will draft defence, maybe interior oline or possibly RB or TE with their higher picks. QB wont enter into it until day 2.

The reality is that Favre still doesnt know and the pack are not forcing his hand as they should. They need to know their qb depth as soon as possible while a few FAs are still available.

I agree with this. They still have no idea if Rodgers will be the guy or not. They wont make that decision based on practice or 4th quarter preseason mop up duty. They wont burn another 1st round pick on a qb after doing so 12 months ago.

favre's decision has absolutely no bearing on this year's draft. They will draft defence, maybe interior oline or possibly RB or TE with their higher picks. QB wont enter into it until day 2.

The reality is that Favre still doesnt know and the pack are not forcing his hand as they should. They need to know their qb depth as soon as possible while a few FAs are still available.

Agreed. And McCarthy has a decent record with helping develop young QBs, so taking a QB after round 2 still might work out OK.

Oh, and plus Favre sucks and should be banned from the game.

Oh, and plus Favre sucks and should be banned from the game.

I disagree. He is average and should retire, not be banned.

Green Bay radio 107.5 reported today that McCarthy stated Favre does not have a Saturday deadline.

Guest stevejohnson

I enjoyed watching Farve's career as much as the next guy but he really needs to call it a career before he really embarasses himself. 29 INTS last season was a joke and I have a feeling it will only get worse this year with a rebuilding Packers team in what has become a very competitive division.

Brett needs to just say NO!

Explain to me this, How is Favre not making his intentions known before FA began not any less distracting and detramental than what TO did last year.

Also, if you want to tell Walker to honor his contract and commitment. Bret do the same thing.

Brets delay is as selfish, if not more so than any other player in sports.

Difference between him and say the rocket in baseball. Is that baseball teams try to have 5 good arms at all times. That they can plan without him and be happy if he returns.

Where as in the NFL, Bret is either returning as a starter or retiring.

If the Packers were not so gutless about this right now, they should just tell Bret to stay home.

Because retirement is the same as holding out right? :wub:

There are actual provisions in the contract for retirement...not the same as Walker.

Brett and TO the same? That is quite funny...and earns a huge :mad:

Would have been relevant say 10 years ago...

Thank you for yet another ignorant post.

If you have seen or heard anything from Favre in his career...it is that he does not want a farewell tour. That would be one thing that would not shock me about the guy...despite Madden's mancrush for him...it is not what he is about.

Me...I just defend people like him from idiotic comments like yours.

Have you looked at Favre's numbers minus the past couple of seasons. They're phenomenal. Like many have said, it's not his fault that certain members of the media slobber all over him.

As for the interceptions, lots of great "gunslinging" QBs have thrown a high # of interceptions at certain points in their career. Go back and look at some of the "greats" and you'll see that. Only the controllled, ball control types like Aikman avoided that kind of scenario. (Not talking to you specifically here...just speaking to one of the points that was made)

Nice fishing expedition on this one.

I am not fishing, and I find being called an idiot by someone lacking the objectivity on the negative impact a player, such as Favre, to be rather offensive.

I did note how some have thought it was great how he called out Walker. Sure this may be so, but when Favre in essence is doing the same thing for the past half a decade in waiting and holding in the decision to return to play. How is this not a hold out.

Walker is a WR. This a dime a dozen position in the NFL. Not that all teams have really good depth. But if any one guy is not there you are going to be able to manage your way through it.

This is not typically the case for most teams at QB. There is perhaps 1/4 of the league which operated with a backup qb that is a legitimate starting QB on the lower 1/4 of the leageu.

But the Packers have not been such a team. I am sure Hasselbeck will be mentioned here,and perhaps others. But those players are not on the Packers anymore.

QB is one of the few position in football that can completely change your teams viability in one off season.

No matter what Favre has done.

No matter what Favre can still do.

No matter the HOF.

Favre is being selfish. I don't know if he doesn't care, or merely like the attention he gets from all of this.

Favre is the only star athlete that I can think of that has been perpetrating this kind of fraud on the fans.

Jordan, he retired, and decided to return years later or in an effort to bolster his own investment with the bullets. But at least he made a decision and announce his intensions each time.

Gordy Howe would retire and simply resign to continue the decade streak.

Bret, the longer you put off making a decision.

The more you play this game.

This less likely your departing the game will viewed or seen as taking the high road.

You lost that priviledge after the second of these hold out perpetrated ona team and fans of football everywhere.

This is just as truly poor sportsmanship.

Funny...because I did not call you an idiot. I said you made idiotic comments.

Again with Walker and Brett contract honoring...contracts have provisions in them for retirement...Brett is fully within honoring his contract whether he comes back or retires. Walker...by threatening the holdout...was not.

That is what I called an idiotic comment.

This constant talk of is Favre going to play or not is getting old really fast! He'll make his decision in time, I'm not worried about it. Heck, he's waited this long, what's a few more weeks or another month or 2?

Haven't read this whole thread but saw lot's of stuff about Favre talking about JW holdout (he never talked about the contract, just that he had one and therefore should come in for the sake of the team) and then painkillers.

My .02 is only that he needs to make a decision with sufficient time before the draft for TT + co. to act accordingly. That's why the Pack wants to know by Sat. and I think that's fair.

I could care less about all the other JW and painkiller crap. Acnient history.

The funny thing is, most of us Packers fans don't even worry about the 'will he, won't he' stuff each year. The media have stirred up this topic every year since the first time he vaguely mentioned the idea years ago (and he wasn't even considering retirement at the time!). This topic is older than my grandpa's fart dust, and the only people who even seem to get concerned about it are the media dopes or the folks who aren't even fans of the team. I just find it mildly amusing. Favre is not holding the team at ransom. He is not holding out. He is not breaking his contract. The Packers brass are not idiots and have a plan if he decides not to come back. What is so hard to understand about all of this?

The Walker stuff is just getting silly as well. The guy is an idiot. As far as I'm concerned, Favre had every right to speak his mind on the situation when asked about it. Should he have said, 'I hope they don't give it to him'? No. But the rest of what he said was valid and warranted, and he didn't run to the media to speak his mind. They simply asked him about the situation during an off-season interview.

If the rest of you non-Packers fans think we Packers fans are so stupid as to think Favre is infallible and that he hasn't made costly mistakes in the past 2-3 years, then you really don't understand or know us at all. The point we are making is that we would take Favre over at least half the QB's in this league any day, and we just plain enjoy watching the guy play. He is a nice difference in this league, by acting like the 'everyday Joe' we all know him as. He brings a sense of realism to the NFL players we put on a pedestal, and a sense of 'I'm playing for the fans and for the love of the game'. I, for one, will greatly miss him when he departs the game. Just like I miss seeing Barry Sanders run silly against opposing defenses and still act in such a classy manner afterwards. Man, I miss Barry. Maybe my family is not the norm but my mother, brothers and sister are all Vikings fans, but when it comes to Favre, they get him. My mother always says that even though she doesn't like the Packers she enjoys watching Favre play and enjoys the interviews with him because he obviously loves the game and seems like such a down-to-earth guy. Go, mom!

Just how many lives can Drew Rosenhaus wreck? He's the dancing :banana: without the fun.

Who's life did Rosenhaus wreck? Im confused. :(

Drew Rosenhaus has only one Packer on his client list: Najeh Davenport

Let's get John Madden's thoughts on all this.

Interviewer: John, can Pittsburgh repeat as SuperBowl Champs?

Madden: Um....Brett Favre!

The funny thing is, most of us Packers fans don't even worry about the 'will he, won't he' stuff each year...

The whole post was golden. Pretty much sums it up.

The funny thing is, most of us Packers fans don't even worry about the 'will he, won't he' stuff each year. The media have stirred up this topic every year since the first time he vaguely mentioned the idea years ago (and he wasn't even considering retirement at the time!). This topic is older than my grandpa's fart dust, and the only people who even seem to get concerned about it are the media dopes or the folks who aren't even fans of the team. I just find it mildly amusing. Favre is not holding the team at ransom. He is not holding out. He is not breaking his contract. The Packers brass are not idiots and have a plan if he decides not to come back. What is so hard to understand about all of this?

The Walker stuff is just getting silly as well. The guy is an idiot. As far as I'm concerned, Favre had every right to speak his mind on the situation when asked about it. Should he have said, 'I hope they don't give it to him'? No. But the rest of what he said was valid and warranted, and he didn't run to the media to speak his mind. They simply asked him about the situation during an off-season interview.

If the rest of you non-Packers fans think we Packers fans are so stupid as to think Favre is infallible and that he hasn't made costly mistakes in the past 2-3 years, then you really don't understand or know us at all. The point we are making is that we would take Favre over at least half the QB's in this league any day, and we just plain enjoy watching the guy play. He is a nice difference in this league, by acting like the 'everyday Joe' we all know him as. He brings a sense of realism to the NFL players we put on a pedestal, and a sense of 'I'm playing for the fans and for the love of the game'. I, for one, will greatly miss him when he departs the game. Just like I miss seeing Barry Sanders run silly against opposing defenses and still act in such a classy manner afterwards. Man, I miss Barry. Maybe my family is not the norm but my mother, brothers and sister are all Vikings fans, but when it comes to Favre, they get him. My mother always says that even though she doesn't like the Packers she enjoys watching Favre play and enjoys the interviews with him because he obviously loves the game and seems like such a down-to-earth guy. Go, mom!

Wow, who are you? I could have written this myself and I think there are a lot more of us out there.

Who's life did Rosenhaus wreck? Im confused. :mellow:

Drew Rosenhaus has only one Packer on his client list: Najeh Davenport

I think he was referring to Javon Walker who fired Drew after he ruined his life.

I thought Grady Jackson also had DR for an agent???

you're whistling past the cemetery with that cavalier talk. i live in packer country and i can tell you that is ALL that is being discussed concerning the packers.

so you could care less if favre does or doesn't wear a packer uniform again? he's easily replaced?

right :blink:

Wow, who are you? I could have written this myself and I think there are a lot more of us out there.

Hiya! :blink:

I'm just another Packers fan on the boards. I usually frequent the 'A Little Help!' forum, as I play fantasy football with a bunch of old college buddies every year. I try to keep my mouth shut on this board most of the time, as things seem to get heated very quickly and some folks just take it all far too seriously. I mean, I'm a Packers fan, but last year when we weren't in the playoffs I was rooting for the Bears to do something in the post season. If my team doesn't get to the playoffs, or gets knocked out of them, I root for the NFC North.

I just love football, and it's frustrating to read the same silly arguements over and over on this board sometimes. Some folks think they have got the fans of another team pegged, and they are usually completely wrong in their assessments. It doesn't help that we always have someone who spouts off about their own team (I'm just generalizing, please everyone, don't read into this as if I'm pointing any fingers), and makes the rest of the fans of that team look bad. It's unfair and misguided.

I just hope we can all get along this year. There were a lot of threads last year that made me feel like not coming back here to read any more. Which would really be a shame because I'll tell you, I find out about a lot of NFL stuff here first because of you guys. This is a well-informed bunch of people! And I value the opinions of a lot of the members here.

swamp, if you're reading, I just want to say that I like the way you are approaching things this year. I think you can give some really intelligent and unbiased comment when you are willing (which you have been so far this offseason), and I hope others are seeing this as well and will leave you alone in regards to last year. There were some really dumb comments made by all sides last year, and I hope we can get away from most of that this year.

:(

you're whistling past the cemetery with that cavalier talk. i live in packer country and i can tell you that is ALL that is being discussed concerning the packers.

so you could care less if favre does or doesn't wear a packer uniform again? he's easily replaced?

right :cry:

Come on now. That's not what I said, and you know it. In fact, I said I will very much miss him when he retires. But don't think that I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for him to announce something. If he decides he wants to retire, we have to move on without him. We've known each year for a few years now that the next one might be his last. This is all old hat, and I am from Wisconsin as well. Fans are not that obsessed with it. People may discuss it but we're not all chewing our fingernails, worrying about it.

I hope the old man comes back. He's horrible! :banana:

I hope the old man comes back. He's horrible! :banana:

What I find interesting is that the Old Man is the same age as Trent Green but you would never know it.

What I find interesting is that the Old Man is the same age as Trent Green but you would never know it.

Other then his balding gray hair.

Favre still has the itch, with reservations

Al Jones

3/31/2006

Will Brett Favre play a 16th season in the NFL? Only the gunslinger, not even his wife, knows under what conditions that will happen.

But he did deny an ESPN report on Thursday that he has to let the Green Bay Packers know by Saturday.

"That is not true," he said. "If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?

"We have talked the last month and there are some things that I have to sort out. If they don't come together, I guess I won't play. I don't know if my decision will be made by Saturday."

Favre, in town with Steve McNair to award grants to local high school and nonprofit football organizations in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, admits he has the itch to play again. It's similar to the itch he had before returning for his 15th season, a dismal 4-12 year that left the Packers searching for a new head coach.

"Last season was a different circumstance with Deanna (winning a battle with breast cancer)," Favre said. "I do have the itch, just a different one.

"It's not about the money and I would walk away from a lot of it. It's about winning football games. I want to come back and win."

Between chatting about turkey hunting and football, Favre said the decision to return lies in the hands of the Packers, who have to get better players and make a commitment to winning.

If not, his next stop will be the Pro Football Hall of Fame after a career that includes several Pro Bowl appearances, three MVP awards and a Super Bowl championship ring.

"I still believe I can play," he said. "But I can't be content being 4-12 again. My concern is how good of a team we can have.

"Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation. If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

Green Bay Packers, you're on the clock and it's ticking.

You can see the desire to play again in Favre's eyes. I've known him for many years and he has the same look as he did when the Packers were yearly contenders. The love is there as well.

The only difference is the look he now wears is a guarded one and after a 4-12 season you can't blame him.

When a quarterback walks into the huddle and can't recognize some of the faces, it's hard to have trust in players making the right blocks, receivers running the proper routes and backs hitting the correct hole.

That same trust - the one he's had for years - now lies in the hands of the Packers because the former Southern Miss standout isn't asking for a second ring, just a chance to compete at a high level for it.

"All teams have injuries, so you deal with them," he said. "There are days that I get up and I'm ready to play again. Then, there are days when I would like to retire. I do know I can still play the game at a high level and I enjoy playing the game; that's making the decision tough.

"But you're only as good as the team around you. If I walk away, I walk away happy and I've accomplished a lot."

The bottom line is Favre is real close to hanging things up and spending more time with Deanna and their daughters, Brittany and Breleigh.

Whether it comes this year or not, the career will end in 2007 at the latest.

Five years later, he's a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

"I don't know if I will play this year or not," he said. "Even Deanna is ready for my decision. If I do play this year, it will be my last.

"There's no doubt about that."

After 15 years as one of the best to ever play the game, Brett has earned the right to prolong his decision to play or not to play. We're talking about a man who redefined the quarterback position in terms of reckless abandon. If he does play, ceremonies will take place at stadiums across the NFL as he makes his farewell tour.

If he doesn't play, wild game in the Magnolia State will not be the same.

My guess?

It's his decision.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/

"That is not true," he said. "If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?

what a jerkoff. :thumbsup:

"I don't know if I will play this year or not," he said. "Even Deanna is ready for my decision. If I do play this year, it will be my last.

"There's no doubt about that."

After 15 years as one of the best to ever play the game, Brett has earned the right to prolong his decision to play or not to play. We're talking about a man who redefined the quarterback position in terms of reckless abandon. If he does play, ceremonies will take place at stadiums across the NFL as he makes his farewell tour.

:thumbsup:

:pukes:

He's averaged 22 interceptions a year over the last three years. That's not bad, that's putrid.

He was totally out of line for commenting on Javon Walker's contract situation last year. If he had a problem, he should have gone to Walker and kept it out of the media. Besides, his argument that players should honor their contracts, is a little hollow since the owners don't have to honor them.

I read that he was a total d*ck to Aaron Rodgers last year. I admit this could have been total B.S., but he comes across as such a little prima-donna that I could see him having some trouble with the new kid in town.

I think he loves the whole "will he or won't he" drama and milks it for everything it's worth. Be a man and decide shortly after the season and let the Packers and their fans get on with their lives.

ok if you look at what you came up with for average interceptions in 3 years you are taking last season where he had no supporting cast around him but in 2004 he had 17 ints and in 2003 he threw 21. now lets look at tds thrown in those years in 2005 20 tds 2004 30 and in 2003 32 so average of 27 tds in last 3 years . take culpeper he averaged 23 tds to 8 ints in 3 years i dont know about you but in limited time he played last year he had 12 ints in 7 games he might of ended with 27 ints which would of brought him to average 16 ints in 3 years all because of 1 season. mcnabb averaged 21 tds for 3 seasons and 9 ints per season once again injured missed 7 games so could of ended w/ 16 ints which would bring him up to avg. 11 in 3 seasons. also notice mcnabb had best season as a pro w/ T.O so in my opinion w/ favre you have to take the ints w/ the tds i like the fact that he stays on the field and averages nearly 4 more tds and yes more ints but w/ mcnabb who many still say is top 5 qb he had on season where he threw more then 25 tds 1 time and only threw more then 20 tds 3 times in his career. Favre does that nearly every year that you can rely on