Sign in to follow this  
Diesel07

THE GREAT DEBATE: tailgate up or down?

In high school, my physics teacher told me that during wwII, scientist did research on this and found out that if the tailgate was up, it created this pocket of air in the bed that would not cause increased drag. Also, a year after i graduated, this said teacher came out and said he was gay. Not that theres anything wrong with that....

Mythbusters did a segment on his a while ago. It's better to have the tail gate up because of the air pocket.

:P

Mythbusters did a segment on this a while ago. It's better to have the tail gate up because of the air pocket.

It was on earlier today! :lol:

It was on earlier today! <_<

and I fell asleep to it. The episode with the viper vs "matchbox" car kicked ass. (viper won by 4 secs)

So you were discussing tailgates with your gay teacher? I can just imagine the innuendo in that conversation.

It was on earlier today! :lol:

yes and anus breath here just happened to think of asking us today too........ <_<

joneo would probably agree with the tailgate remaining down.

In high school, my physics teacher told me that during wwII, scientist did research on this and found out that if the tailgate was up, it created this pocket of air in the bed that would not cause increased drag. Also, a year after i graduated, this said teacher came out and said he was gay. Not that theres anything wrong with that....

so his tail gate was down?

Mythbusters also tested the myth that it's more effecient to use the A/C rather than drive with the windows down. They said it was busted, but they only tested it at 45 mph. <_<

What about at 55 or 60 mph? What a crappy test. :thumbsdown:

The episode with the viper vs "matchbox" car kicked ass. (viper won by 4 secs)

Now that's some quality television! :thumbsdown: