Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Brewers!

I never appreciated how important it was to have a sound defensive team until I watched more of the Cardinals teams from the last 3-4 years play. The Brewers obviously have the bats that it takes to win, but I see them making a lot of the defensive mistakes that used to kill the Cubs. Its nice to have another rivalry, though.

Also, BMoney, how does my ass taste you failed abortion?

sure, NOW you are a cubs fan? front runner... :overhead:

didnt see you when the brewers won 4 of 6 in chicago this year...

you showed your face for the 1 year the bears were good..you were a bear fan then..good times..funny how you dont post about them anymore....

front running drunk...i bet you are finally learning the cubs 25 man roster...

Hats off to the Cubs.... school was in session this week.

I'm really surprised there aren't more Cubs fans here because they are running rampant in Madison -- not to mention Miller Park.

I would like to see Kirk Cameron -- and his .230 batting average -- sent to the bench right next to Rickie Weeks.

It will be interesting to see how the Brewers respond to all this...

The Brewers obviously have the bats that it takes to win,

You must be watching some other Brewers in some other parellel universe. :banana:

I'm really surprised there aren't more Cubs fans here because they are running rampant in Madison -- not to mention Miller Park.

I can't stand this place. I only stop by to see BMoney.

I :pointstosky: the Cardinals!

I don't think Gagne can blow this 12-0 lead.... but we'll see....

what is pujols crying about???*

That's ridiculous :headbanger:

*His crappy team :pointstosky:

Ned Yost Infection gone!!!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!

I fully expect the Brewers to win the rest of their games now :rolleyes:

Hallelujah!!!!!

I fully expect the Brewers to win the rest of their games now :overhead:

Should have been done two weeks ago, I don't know if you can get the wild card with how lifeless they look right now.

Should have been done two weeks ago, I don't know if you can get the wild card with how lifeless they look right now.

Agreed :overhead:

Hallelujah!!!!!

I fully expect the Brewers to win the rest of their games now :overhead:

13 months overdue, but better late than never. :cheers:

Agreed :overhead:

Honestly, if you don't take the Cubs series, they're toast.

CC vs. Dempster

Sheets vs. Marquis

Parra vs. Harden

The phillies are playing the braves twice in the next couple of weeks.

THe astros are not playing well right now, storm hangover probably, also, they're not playing the Pirates anymore.

Its going to be interesting playoff push wise, and I would hate to see the best chance the Brewers had to make the playoffs in 25 years just go poof.

Honestly, if you don't take the Cubs series, they're toast.

CC vs. Dempster

Sheets vs. Marquis

Parra vs. Harden

The phillies are playing the braves twice in the next couple of weeks.

THe astros are not playing well right now, storm hangover probably, also, they're not playing the Pirates anymore.

Its going to be interesting playoff push wise, and I would hate to see the best chance the Brewers had to make the playoffs in 25 years just go poof.

I think Parra's done like dinner. He's a young guy and IMO, has reached or passed the threshold of innings he had in him for this year. I'd love to be wrong, but he looks and is pitching tired. Had Gallarado not gone down, Manny probably wouldn't have been used as much-losing Yovanni was a terrible break.

I think Parra's done like dinner. He's a young guy and IMO, has reached or passed the threshold of innings he had in him for this year. I'd love to be wrong, but he looks and is pitching tired. Had Gallarado not gone done, Manny probably wouldn't have been used as much-losing Yovanni was a terrible break.

The game that should be interesting the Marquis/Sheets start. Either Marquis shuts everyone down, or he's out of there quick. Harden/Parra should be a good one, and I love the idea of limiting Harden's innings. Typically, Lou has pitched him a solid six, then samarjizada, then Marmol, then Woody. When those guys are on, its a pretty impressive display of power.

I hope the Brewers keep their stupid shirts tucked in, but this is a series they can take.

I like the matchup with CC and Dempster even though the NL central division is about wrapped up so it takes away from what could have been a huge series for both teams. The Cubs are the only team to beat CC since he came to the NL and Dempster has been dominate at home. I think the Cubs will win on Thursday with Harden going but Tuesday and Wed could really go either way. The Cubs have come out of their funk and the Brewers are totally lifeless right now but most of the time when a new manager takes over it gives their team a spark. I mean look at the 03 Marlins who ended up winning the WS they put Jack Mckeon in charge at midseason and then there was the 04 Astros who let Phil Garner take over at midseason and they made a huge run to win the NL wild card. This is obviously much different as there is only two weeks left but despite playing like total crap they are still right there and maybe this will be a wakeup call. This is it for you Milwaukee Brewers fans cause you are losing CC and Sheets this offseason and when that happens you will probably see them slash even more payroll and deal away one maybe two of your key position players not named Fielder or Braun. We also can't forget you gave away one of your top prospects to rent CC for a few months so you damn well better hope his fat ass is pitching in the NL Division Series.

Wood made an excellent pitch on a full count to Fielder with two runners on to end the game....

Although..... it wasn't a true pressure pitch.... He didn't have anything to lose, wasn't really throwing Fielder strikes ('til that last pitch) and they were fully prepared to walk Fielder..... They were giving Braun second base if he wanted it, but the Brewers didn't take it because they didn't want them to intentionally walk Fielder....

It was still a very nice slider... :mad:

I'm grateful that Braun decided not to cutt off Aramis's double last night.

Does he think that you can get to the playoffs by loafing?

I like the matchup with CC and Dempster even though the NL central division is about wrapped up so it takes away from what could have been a huge series for both teams. The Cubs are the only team to beat CC since he came to the NL and Dempster has been dominate at home. I think the Cubs will win on Thursday with Harden going but Tuesday and Wed could really go either way. The Cubs have come out of their funk and the Brewers are totally lifeless right now but most of the time when a new manager takes over it gives their team a spark. I mean look at the 03 Marlins who ended up winning the WS they put Jack Mckeon in charge at midseason and then there was the 04 Astros who let Phil Garner take over at midseason and they made a huge run to win the NL wild card. This is obviously much different as there is only two weeks left but despite playing like total crap they are still right there and maybe this will be a wakeup call. This is it for you Milwaukee Brewers fans cause you are losing CC and Sheets this offseason and when that happens you will probably see them slash even more payroll and deal away one maybe two of your key position players not named Fielder or Braun. We also can't forget you gave away one of your top prospects to rent CC for a few months so you damn well better hope his fat ass is pitching in the NL Division Series.

sveum shouldve kept cc out for the 8th..

i agree on letting big prince hit but once it was 1-2 and 2-2...id have taken 2nd and given jj a chance with a clean slate..anything can happen after a pitcher intentionally throws balls and the bases are loaded..

Ive been a Pinella fan since the 1990 world series win..that team was fun to watch...

i think the brewers will be chasing the mets, not the phils..that is, IF they can win any games...

wont matter what the cubs are playing for..the cubs will be tough to beat...if the cubs clinch thursday, do they go softer next week when they play in milwaukee? i sort of doubt it..though lou would be a fool to give Z-roid and hardon too many pitches..

matt laporta is another ryan garko..plus he suffered a concussion when he was hit in the head during the olympics..i dont think the brewers gave up manny ramirez(though i wish the crew had traded gamel to get the REAL manny..oh well)

i am disappointed that the brewers havent gone to a 4 man rotation...no need for a 5th guy...

and the marlins are not out of it..just throwing that out there..they havent stopped winning...

If the Cubs clinch thursday, they'll probably go to a spring training type rotation. Give the starters some work to stay fresh, but they'll probably give the september call ups a few innings. Big Z and Harden need some rest.

I honestly think that the Brewers miss october baseball again

I honestly think that the Brewers miss october baseball again

That's a pretty gutsy call for a team that's lost 47 out of their last 50 games :shocking:

That's a pretty gutsy call for a team that's lost 47 out of their last 50 games :pointstosky:

lucky(?) for us..the other teams have lost around 43 of 50....so we are still in it...

and it isnt as if we are 1 game under..we have a decent record..if we play like we did last night, the team will be fine..but thats a big if...considering prince was the only one being clutch..durham and lamb a close second...

and no..i dont think molitor when i see cameron..get him out of that lead off spot..thanks..

this team has long needed a theriot type..the best thing ryan did yesterday was take a 10 pitch at bat off of cc and get a single..the 10 pitches more important..it caused cc to leave before the 8th...patience at the plate is not a big brewer thing..

That's a pretty gutsy call for a team that's lost 47 out of their last 50 games :lol:

:doh:

Honestly, I felt the brewers weren't in the Cubs league during game one of the four game sweep back in July. Braun ties it, takes an unsolicited curtain call, Prince jumping around with the water.. All the while, the cubs just stayed calm and said "Ok, we'll have to score some more"

I'm also glad to see Theriot having a solid season, he's my favorite current cub. I met him about two months ago in Houston, my gf and I were walking through the lobby of the four seasons, and I mentioned that "that guy looks like Ryan Theriot" . Well, the guy in the elevator with us was his brother, and he introduced me. Got a pic with my phone, but he was really cool about it.

:bandana:

Honestly, I felt the brewers weren't in the Cubs league during game one of the four game sweep back in July. Braun ties it, takes an unsolicited curtain call, Prince jumping around with the water.. All the while, the cubs just stayed calm and said "Ok, we'll have to score some more"

Well, I haven't given up hope. Fielder seems to be snapping out of his funk; hopefully Braun can snap out of his. Sveum knows that Weeks and Gagne don't deserve to be anywhere close to the field right now. Parra sent to the bully where he belongs.

And as much as he was lights outs during the first half of the game, Ryan "###### :shocking: " Dempster was really getting hit in the middle innings.... Just some outstanding diving catches by the Cubs outfield kept the damage from being much worse... That and their having the good luck to have Kirk Cameron batting with the bases loaded and one out.

Get us in a seven-game series (4 starts for CC and Sheets) and some hot bats... Anything can happen...

We'll see.

Cubs are the class of the NL right now..... but that won't count for a thing once post-season starts....

Cubs are the class of the NL right now..... but that won't count for a thing once post-season starts....

It is a new season come October, but I do like the idea of a Z, Dempster, Harden, Lilly rotation..

My goodness, sheets is fragile... Holy Cow!!

Hart was safe at home, btw.....

Nice home cooking there. :wacko:

My goodness, sheets is fragile... Holy Cow!!

Hart was safe at home, btw.....

Nice home cooking there. :wacko:

You should hear Houston sports radio, they all want Sheets this offseason, and when he's healthy, the dude is money. The issue lies in that do you want to spend that kind of cash on a guy who is an injury risk every time out? I know the Cubs have Harden in the same boat, but his salary next year is 7.5mil, Sheets is going to command much much more than that.

I figured this game was a loss for us, considering Marquis is so shaky.

You should hear Houston sports radio, they all want Sheets this offseason, and when he's healthy, the dude is money. The issue lies in that do you want to spend that kind of cash on a guy who is an injury risk every time out? I know the Cubs have Harden in the same boat, but his salary next year is 7.5mil, Sheets is going to command much much more than that.

houston can have sheets..they need to focus all of their attention on cc...

gallardo tore his knee and pitched an inning after...ben comes out again with a mysterious illness..a forearm strain..which is no big deal..as sutcliffe said, on sept 17th, you better have something bigger than that...

sheets isn't worth the risk of the money he'll command. a great pitcher *when* healthy--but when is that?

sheets isn't worth the risk of the money he'll command. a great pitcher *when* healthy--but when is that?

Lately 1 2/3 innings

:thumbsdown: :banana: :banana:

what a game!!! love the 1982 highlights..but its about time the current crew makes its own magic....

loudest i have ever heard miller park..and getting to see the last 1.5 innings of the mets game on the scoreboard was cool...

cc signing in milwaukee isnt that far fetxhed afterall..itll cost the brewers..but ive heard enough people saying its surely not impossible..

anything think that the cubs can just turn it back on for the playoffs? im not so sure they can..they clearly are scared of zambrano..harden can be iffy..soto is hurt...and the dodgers are on fire with manny there...

should be real interesting...as the phils are damn tough..

GB CC, who wants to throw on wednesday..take a day off, big guy :overhead:

what date does everyone have in the pool...you know..the first cubs playoff win since the bartman series, pool? i have 2011...

its fun to look back at the cubs fans posts saying how dumb it was that the crew fired yost...

yet the same fans think it was smart of the blackhawks to fire denis savard 2 weeks in...*which it also was*

20-5 in the last 25....

what happens first? a cubs playoff series win or ron santo getting into the hall?

i say push..neither...

Cards swept...

24-14

Sucks to lose Weeks for the year...

Yeah...especially when Weeks looked like he had finally figured it all out and was hitting so well.

Starks was talking this morning about a few people still available they could bring in like Grudzielanek and Ray Durham for a vet presence at 2nd to platoon.

Either that or do we see Escobar brought up to play 2nd?

Nice seeing Gamel get some work in and hit one out. If he could play defense he would be up for a while...for now I see him up for the interleague play unless they move him to the OF or move someone else. I don't see him taking over for Hall full time at 3rd yet.

I picked him up in like the 22nd round or so in our keeper draft this year...any pick from the 20th round or higher you can keep for one year and only give up that round's pick. So I might be able to keep him for a 22nd rounder next year. Though, looking more like I will be keeping Asdrubal Cabrera if he keeps it up this year...for my 24th round pick.