Sign in to follow this  
George Carlin

Roger Clemens is going to sign with the Red Sox

Suck it astros :thumbsdown:

he had dinner with the sox brass last night and met with the team in the clubhouse today. :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

No he is not.

He is going to sign with the Astros. He has been working out with them all spring and his son is a part of the minor league system. Also, the Astros have pretty much guaranteed him whatever he wants to stay with the org and become a representative of some kind, wither working on player development or front office balony.

He is just up there for a free meal.

Suck it astros :thumbsdown:

he had dinner with the sox brass last night and met with the team in the clubhouse today. :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

Sweet! Back where he belongs!

No he is not.

He is going to sign with the Astros. He has been working out with them all spring and his son is a part of the minor league system. Also, the Astros have pretty much guaranteed him whatever he wants to stay with the org and become a representative of some kind, wither working on player development or front office balony.

He is just up there for a free meal.

OF COURSE HE HAS BEEN WORKING OUT WITH THEM!! What's he going to do? not work out? That's closest to where he lives, it makes the most sense.

I think its going to be the Astros or retiring again. I've heard some things on the radio that maybe the Rangers so he won't have to bat, but I think that may be unlikely.

McLane is going to do everything he can to keep him here.

OF COURSE HE HAS BEEN WORKING OUT WITH THEM!! What's he going to do? not work out? That's closest to where he lives, it makes the most sense.

In Florida. How is Florida near Texas?

His youngest kids, are not against him playing in Boston for one last year. :thumbsdown:

Link?

I call BS.

Ortiz would never stand for having someone else on the team as fat as him.

I thought he retired in 2004 because he was done traveling.

If he plays this year< i always assumed it would be with Houston or Texas.

Unless he signs with Boston with the contract stating he only has to pitch when they're on the road, at Texas. :banana:

I thought he retired in 2004 because he was done traveling.

If he plays this year< i always assumed it would be with Houston or Texas.

Unless he signs with Boston with the contract stating he only has to pitch when they're on the road, at Texas. :banana:

On top of that, He is going to sign with the team that would have the best chance to get to the World Series. If he signs with Houston, that would automatically make them the best shot for the NL, given what they accomplished last year.

On top of that, He is going to sign with the team that would have the best chance to get to the World Series. If he signs with Houston, that would automatically make them the best shot for the NL, given what they accomplished last year.

Our bats might be an issue, and those pesky red birds. If the bats get hot like they did last year and Garner learned how to play small ball, we have a great shot of going back.

:bs:

It woldn't matter if Boston signs him or not, everyone in the AL is going to get b!tchslapped by the White Sox (which sux being a Cubs fan and all)

It woldn't matter if Boston signs him or not, everyone in the AL is going to get b!tchslapped by the White Sox (which sux being a Cubs fan and all)

royals > white sux

:bs:

How would it not?

1) Pitching staff almost exactly the same except that Roger would be well rested and in mid-season form come playoff time.

2) Berkman playing the whole season.

3) Lidge is back, Qualls and Wheeler developed into great setup guys.

4) Addition of Preston Wilson.

5) Another year of experience for Tavaras and Lane.

6) Ensburg hand is healed.

Since he accomplished his goal of getting to the Wold Series last year, you would think his goal this year would be to win the World Series.

That would rule out any National League teams.

Cubs > all other focking baseball teams !

:lol: Cubbies

:banana: Trib

I don't think they'll ever field a great team, Wrigley is sold out every day, regardless of how good the product is on the field. Why pay for really good players? :lol:

Since he accomplished his goal of getting to the Wold Series last year, you would think his goal this year would be to win the World Series.

That would rule out any National League teams.

:banana:

That would also rule out the Red Sux.

:banana: Cubbies

:banana: Trib

I don't think they'll ever field a great team, Wrigley is sold out every day, regardless of how good the product is on the field. Why pay for really good players? :banana:

Blaming the Tribune Company is idiotic. Blame the front office . The Cubs are always in the top 10 teams in payrolls. They just pay the wrong guys big bucks (think Sammy Sosa). The White Sox always have a lower payroll than the Cubs. They are just smarter with their money.

If he wanted a championship, Oakland would be the place to play this year.

If he wanted to smoke crack and get carjacked, Oakland would be the place to play this year.

fixed

He's already said that he is not going to decide until May who he plays with if anyone.

My bet is he stays in Texas and goes either Astros or Rangers.

If he wanted a championship once every 80 years, but act like that makes them a great franchise, then Boston would be the place to play this year.

Fixored for real this time.

If he wanted to listen to a bunch of retarded mooks who are too busy beating their wives and eating chowder to worry about their jobs at the local steel plant, Boston would be the place to play this year.

In addition to being a great pitcher Rodger is an A-1 Pr!ck and a hard core business man. Rodger has no intention of pitching for anyone except the Astros. If he decides that he wants to pitch he wants to get paid as much as possible. By continuing to flirt with the Rangers, Red Sox and Yankees he will be able to go to the media some time after May 1st and say "I am going to pitch this year and we are currently looking at several offers."

The bidding war will start and Mclain will be forced to pay the inflated price just like he did before last season.

Sorry Ranger's, Red Sox's and Yankee's fans Rodger is using you to get more money out of the Astros.

He is an upgrade.

Over Willie Taveras?

Com'on, he ain't in Colorado anymore.

I figure .260-20-75-10 for him. Not enough walks either.

What do you have in mind for PWilson that makes you think he's better than Willie?

Over Willie Taveras?

Com'on, he ain't in Colorado anymore.

I figure .260-20-75-10 for him. Not enough walks either.

What do you have in mind for PWilson that makes you think he's better than Willie?

Tavaras is playing center. He is an upgrade over Chris Burke and Orlando Palmeiro.

260-20-75-10 is good on the astros. :banana: