Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

Did Seattle get screwed by the refs in the Super Bowl?

Did Seattle get screwed by the refs?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Since we didn't have a chance to debate this before..

• YES
    • NO
    • DON'T CARE

Seattle was CLEARLY robbed by the officating... everyone (except Steelers fans) saw it.

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd deny (to my grave) that the refs had any impact on the game

1. Steeler fans (including me) will go to the grave saying Franco caught the ball clean.

2a. In XL, the Hawks got screwed by the refs, but it doesn't mean the Steelers would have lost if the refs called the game better.

2b. We overcame worse officiating vs. Indy. IMO, Seattle had to suck it up and make the tackle too.

I wrote something on my blog the day after, so I'm just copying and pasting here.

Bottom line, Seattle got screwed. The refs gave Pitts the game.

How was the push off a bad call? I think it is a classic example of an offensive pass interference penalty. How is it not?

I am really curious about what you think, because for the life of me, I cannot see that as anything else. I know you might think that pass interference is too touchy, but it is a rule nonetheless. Just like the "tuck rule" a few years ago. I hate the call, but it was the right call according to the rules.

Nah. Hasselbeck should be flagged for attempting to make a tackle. Pathetic. If you watched the game you know they got jobbed.

How was the push off a bad call? I think it is a classic example of an offensive pass interference penalty. How is it not?

I am really curious about what you think, because for the life of me, I cannot see that as anything else. I know you might think that pass interference is too touchy, but it is a rule nonetheless. Just like the "tuck rule" a few years ago. I hate the call, but it was the right call according to the rules.

DJ's arms were extended, yea, usually that draws an automatic PI.

But replays clearly show that his arm had no effect towards the CB's movement

Sorry, couldn't resist one last time cause you are so wrong on this.

Safety Hope was clearly pushed back a full yard at least. No effect on the CB's movement? Take a look at the photo at the link below. He is pushed back as you can see from one side of the "E" in the endzone to the other side of the "E". You woulnd't make that call? What if Hope did that exact "arm extension" on Djax and got an INT, you wouldn't call that a pass interference?

And notice shot #1 of the picture, Hope has both feet on the ground with most of his weight on his right foot. In the 2nd picture, he is being knocked backwards off balance and his right foot is off the ground. And of course in the 3rd shot Hope's body has completely moved at least a yard or 2.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1118/19pu.jpg

You can't look at that picture and not see textbook pushoff.

stop :mad:

The Seahags lost now move on.

Look forward to next season, watching your team sputter and missing the playoffs.

HTH

Hmmmm, I think you may be confused with your Iggles.

:mellow:

HTH

Okay, I watched it. Some thoughts:

-The Darrell Jackson PI play. I didn't have a problem with the PI call. I'm not surprised Pereira started with that one because it's easy pickings. But I was pretty :ninja: with his explanation about Chris Hope being able to put his hands on Jackson (no illegal contact call) because Matt Hasselbeck (barely) left the pocket. That's a joke and the kind of obscure rule that is exactly why you can't really debate the rules on a forum like this. You can't even find obscure rules like that on the rules digest available on nfl.com The league could really call whatever they want to and then find a way to justify it on TV later.

-The Ben Roethlisberger TD. I had no problem with this call either, you really can't see whether it's in or not. That said, Pereira's explanation as to why the on-field official changes his mind from no TD to TD after Roethlisberger reaches the ball over the goal line was completely a load of crap. Period. And there was no way that call was going to be overruled upon review (which Pereira confirms), so the on-field call was big. Steelers got the benefit of the doubt as usual.

-The Darrell Jackson pylon play. This was a useful and satisfactory explanation.

-The Kevin Locklear hold. This was not a satisfactory explanation at all. Pereira focuses on the concept "are the feet beat" because yes clearly Locklear's feet are behind himself and behind the pass rusher. But it's a lousy approach to explaining the call because the fact is Locklear does not grab or pull Haggans. When Pereira talks about Bill Levy's angle he claims that Locklear was pulling on the shoulder but he did not. You can see that Locklear is simply pushing on Haggans from a sideways angle, both of his arms slip down as he is losing his footing and he does not pull Haggans down at all with him. Locklear did exactly what you are supposed to do in that situation and he gets punished for it because Haggans' lean into him is so drastic (due to the fact that Haggans has already run past the quarterback). Lineman get away with worse infractions of holding dozens of times per game. Pereira admits (in not so many words) that it was definitely a questionable call, and that speaks volumes considering his bias toward defending his crew. You can see it all over his face, he'd have had a much easier time justifying this call if he were defending the ref for not calling holding. This was a bad call and a huge one in the game.

-The penalty on Hasselbeck's tackle. Everyone agrees this was ridiculous, no need to elaborate. I like how #26 pushes Hasselbeck in the back as he goes by, and Pereira doesn't even mention it.

By the way an investigation by the NFL was already done WATCH THE VIDEO, there was one bad call.

Actually, there are two bad calls on that video. Only one that Pereira is willing to admit. Another that was 50/50 and the Steelers got the benefit of the doubt.

Last but not least, of course that video is sorely inadequate because it only discusses 5 plays. 130+ plays in the game and you are trying to tell us End Of Story the officiating was good because a league moutpiece justifies 3 calls? Give me a break. Look man, you can count on one hand the number of calls the NFL publicly admits to botching in a given year. Does that mean the refs make less than a half a dozen mistakes all year? I'd like to see Pereira justify the ridiculous non-call where Hines Ward clearly held at the point of attack on Roethlisberger's final first down run. And every other holding/non-holding call in the game. Come back to us when you have that video. The facts are these: Steelers 3 penalties for 20 yards, Seahawks 7 penalties for 70 yards. The league has had a huge problem for several years with the home team getting way too many calls, and make no mistake the Steelers were the home team on that day. If you don't believe me about home team calls ask yourself what were the three big controversial calls in the other playoffs games and who did they go to (home/away)? And it's not just the playoffs. Remember Marcus Pollard's non-TD at Tampa Bay? Remember David Carr's ridiculous fumble ruling at Cincy? Remember Dante Hall's phantom TD at home against Philly?

Bottom line, Pittsburgh got the benefit of the doubt, all day, Seattle didn't, and it affected the outcome.

1. Steeler fans (including me) will go to the grave saying Franco caught the ball clean.

Franco caught the ball clean, but it had richoched off Fuqua and thus Franco was ineligible to catch it. Also, Phil Villipiano was clearly clipped by a Pittsburgh blocker but it wasn't called.

2a. In XL, the Hawks got screwed by the refs, but it doesn't mean the Steelers would have lost if the refs called the game better.

Correct. We'll never know.

2b. We overcame worse officiating vs. Indy.

By the hair of Roethlisberger's tackling arm. Joey Porter & co. lost their cool after that call. A lucky tackle, bad play calling once the Colts got into long FG range, and a choking kicker saved them.

Just to clear things up, IF Seattle didn't cheat, they might have won the game

So, you do agree that by extending his arm, that PI should have been called. Good, I'm glad we are on the same page there. As for it not affecting the CB (safety actually), it is irrelevant. Assuming it did not affect the play, that does not change whether it should be a foul. When holding occurs at the other end of the field, they still are supposed to call it even though it may not have affected the play.

Besides, by watching the video, you can see Hope's momentum go backwards. Watch his feet, they both replant back from where they were prior to the pushoff.

As for Locklear's hold, I believe it was enough for holding, but since holding is such a judgement call at times, it is difficult to point out the exact thing which "crosses the line". For me, it was a point where Haggans beats Locklear around the corner. Locklear had his right hand up on Haggans' shoulder, and for a period of about three steps or so, looked as if he was pulling Haggans away from the QB more then pushing.

-The Kevin Locklear hold. This was not a satisfactory explanation at all. Pereira focuses on the concept "are the feet beat" because yes clearly Locklear's feet are behind himself and behind the pass rusher. But it's a lousy approach to explaining the call because the fact is Locklear does not grab or pull Haggans. When Pereira talks about Bill Levy's angle he claims that Locklear was pulling on the shoulder but he did not. You can see that Locklear is simply pushing on Haggans from a sideways angle, both of his arms slip down as he is losing his footing and he does not pull Haggans down at all with him. Locklear did exactly what you are supposed to do in that situation and he gets punished for it because Haggans' lean into him is so drastic (due to the fact that Haggans has already run past the quarterback). Lineman get away with worse infractions of holding dozens of times per game. Pereira admits (in not so many words) that it was definitely a questionable call, and that speaks volumes considering his bias toward defending his crew. You can see it all over his face, he'd have had a much easier time justifying this call if he were defending the ref for not calling holding. This was a bad call and a huge one in the game.

-The penalty on Hasselbeck's tackle. Everyone agrees this was ridiculous, no need to elaborate. I like how #26 pushes Hasselbeck in the back as he goes by, and Pereira doesn't even mention it.

Actually, there are two bad calls on that video. Only one that Pereira is willing to admit. Another that was 50/50 and the Steelers got the benefit of the doubt.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1173/asdf9it.jpg

In the linked photo above, you will clearly see Locklear's hand on Haggans shoulder in photo 2 beginning the hook and by photo 3 you can see Locklear is still hooking him. You don't spin around like Haggans did without being hooked. And if you are Locklear and totally behind Haggans as he is in photo #3 and your right arm is totally extended out holding on for dear life....man what do you have to do to satisfy your holding criteria?

You claim 1 bad penalty and 50/50 on another but you think Seattle got robbed. It will be hard to convince you otherwise if you think these 2 plays had more to do with the game than all the others put together.

I promise, this time I am done!!!!!!!!!! I promise....I am moving on to 2006 and the NFL draft. If you see me posting any more debate info on this thread you have my permission to have me banned. SERIOUSLY

The video discussions in this thread are reminding me of the Zabruder films which detail the Kennedy assassination.

Except the crime at the Super Bowl was more blatent. :D

Hmmmm, I think you may be confused with your Iggles.

:D

HTH

Exactly

In recent years, the SB loser has a horrible season the next year. Just like my EAGLES.

Something will happen to the seahags this year and they won't make the playoffs.

:D

OMFG, did you watch the SuperBowl or smoke one before making that comment??!

Either you're as blind as the refs that called the game or you're a Steelers fan that just can't quite swallow the fact that your team was basically given the championship.

Hawks, obviously, could have played better and made the officiating a moot point, but to say that Pitt "owned" the Seahawks or "dominated the game" is complete crapola and anyone with half a brain knows that.

Held that offense in check all game, held the great Shaun Alexander to a mediocre game, held Hasselbeck down all game except for one TD and Pittsburgh moved the ball well on them on some big plays - OWNED.

the seahawks got robbed just as bad if not worse than the steelers almost did against the colts. all the steeler fans that said just let it go, we won the game after the super bowl are full of crap because if vanderjagt made that kick and the colts won in overtime, the steeler fans would STILL be talking about it.

with that being said, both teams played awful and it was the worst superbowl since the buc/raider one. seattle outplayed them overall but pittsburgh took advantage of the calls going their way and made the plays when they needed to.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1173/asdf9it.jpg

In the linked photo above, you will clearly see Locklear's hand on Haggans shoulder in photo 2 beginning the hook and by photo 3 you can see Locklear is still hooking him. You don't spin around like Haggans did without being hooked. And if you are Locklear and totally behind Haggans as he is in photo #3 and your right arm is totally extended out holding on for dear life....man what do you have to do to satisfy your holding criteria?

You're full of crap. Yes his hand is on his shoulder but there's no hook happening, and there's no holding on for dear life or for anything else. There's pushing and then there's letting go, that's it. Haggans didn't get spin around, he turned his body because he was past the QB. Haggans' upper-body never trails his feet as he changes momentum.

You claim 1 bad penalty and 50/50 on another but you think Seattle got robbed. It will be hard to convince you otherwise if you think these 2 plays had more to do with the game than all the others put together.

No. Jesus, reread my post. First of all I claim 2 bad penalties and 50/50 on another, out of the 5 Pereira discussed. Second of all, and more importantly, the only reason I gave any attention at all to the 5 most-talked-about plays is because you were so damn adamant that that everyone should watch that video and respond to it. Here's my primary point in the thread again, read it again since you obviously missed it:

"Last but not least, of course that video is sorely inadequate because it only discusses [5] plays. 130+ plays in the game and you are trying to tell us End Of Story the officiating was good because a league mouthpiece justifies 3 calls? Give me a break. Look man, you can count on one hand the number of calls the NFL publicly admits to botching in a given year. Does that mean the refs make less than a half a dozen mistakes all year? I'd like to see Pereira justify the ridiculous non-call where Hines Ward clearly held at the point of attack on Roethlisberger's final first down run. And every other holding/non-holding call in the game. Come back to us when you have that video. The facts are these: Steelers 3 penalties for 20 yards, Seahawks 7 penalties for 70 yards. The league has had a huge problem for several years with the home team getting way too many calls, and make no mistake the Steelers were the home team on that day. If you don't believe me about home team calls ask yourself what were the three big controversial calls in the other playoffs games and who did they go to (home/away)? And it's not just the playoffs. Remember Marcus Pollard's non-TD at Tampa Bay? Remember David Carr's ridiculous fumble ruling at Cincy? Remember Dante Hall's phantom TD at home against Philly?

Bottom line, Pittsburgh got the benefit of the doubt, all day, Seattle didn't, and it affected the outcome."

I promise, this time I am done!!!!!!!!!! I promise....I am moving on to 2006 and the NFL draft. If you see me posting any more debate info on this thread you have my permission to have me banned. SERIOUSLY

Please lord, let it be so. :banana:

Held that offense in check all game, held the great Shaun Alexander to a mediocre game, held Hasselbeck down all game except for one TD and Pittsburgh moved the ball well on them on some big plays - OWNED.

alright, this comment is just dumb. total yardage, 396-339 seattle. pittsburgh had a 75 yard run by parker, a 43 yard double reverse pass and a heave from ben to the 1 which was like 40 yards. so HALF their yards came from those 3 plays. the seahawks moved the ball MUCH easier all game but just shot themselves in the foot or the refs screwed them when they got in position to score. so to say that pittsburgh owned them is just obsurd. i'm not sure what game you watched :banana:

It's a little-known fact that Shaun rushed for 95 yards on 20 carries, that's a pace for 1520 yards in a full season and a 4.75 average. He was effective but Seattle playing from behind the whole second half afffected his number of carries and the bad call on the Locklear hold took away what would have been a sure TD for him. Even so his performance was hardly mediocre unless you were playing Fantasy Super Bowl.

I'm a life long Seahawks fan. So with that established I'm not going to sit here and tell everyone about the awful calls I saw.

But I wanted to point out a curiosity.

This is the first Superbowl appearance for the Hawks so maybe I just haven't noticed it before.... but is there always this much debate over the officiating of the Superbowl? And if not, why now?

I'm sure someone will throw out that it's just the Seahawk fans whining about it... but to be honest... there aren't that many of us. And those who have been fans all their life should be tickled pink that we finally made it to the Superbowl, regardless of the outcome. As Seattle fans we've dealt with these calls all too often. It just piques my interest when people who have no vested interest in the Seahawks see things in a similar light.

Vinny still owes us a yard btw. :o

I'm a life long Seahawks fan. So with that established I'm not going to sit here and tell everyone about the awful calls I saw.

But I wanted to point out a curiosity.

This is the first Superbowl appearance for the Hawks so maybe I just haven't noticed it before.... but is there always this much debate over the officiating of the Superbowl? And if not, why now?

I'm sure someone will throw out that it's just the Seahawk fans whining about it... but to be honest... there aren't that many of us. And those who have been fans all their life should be tickled pink that we finally made it to the Superbowl, regardless of the outcome. As Seattle fans we've dealt with these calls all too often. It just piques my interest when people who have no vested interest in the Seahawks see things in a similar light.

Vinny still owes us a yard btw. :banana:

As bad as I felt watching the SuperBowl. That Vinny touchdown is still the worst feeling I have ever felt after a game. :o

Absolutely not. I can't remember a Super Bowl with anywhere near this much controversy about officiating.

the seahawks got robbed just as bad if not worse than the steelers almost did against the colts. all the steeler fans that said just let it go, we won the game after the super bowl are full of crap because if vanderjagt made that kick and the colts won in overtime, the steeler fans would STILL be talking about it.

with that being said, both teams played awful and it was the worst superbowl since the buc/raider one. seattle outplayed them overall but pittsburgh took advantage of the calls going their way and made the plays when they needed to.

Huge difference. The NFL came out and said the ref in the Indy came blew the call, which everyone could plainly see. They didn't so the same about the Superbowl calls. Oh, I forgot there's a massive anti-Seahawk conspiracy in the NFL front office. :lol:

Bottom line is, no matter who you were pulling for, as NFL fans we ALL should be pissed about the fact we were robbed of a potentially great game.

IF Locklear's hold wasn't called (or Haggan's offside was), Alexander punches it in from the 1. That makes the score 14-10 SEA late in the 3rd. What a finish that could of been!

We, the fans got jobbed out of seeing a possible 4th and inches from the goal line after Roth came up short. A great play we'll never see because of a questionable initial call.

No matter how you look at it, the referees should never be the main topic of conversation after a game, especially the championship game.

We got screwed by the refs. We were robbed of a competitive, entertaining SuperBowl. I don't watch the NFL to see a bunch of white, old guys in matching outfits waving around hankies.

If that's what I was looking for I'd go down to the senior center and take in a few rounds of shuffleboard.

At least they don't charge $500 a ticket for that.

(4) Jackson's offensive pass interference call was absolutely correct. This is the only one I get mad at when people argue the other way. From the replay you clearly see him place his right hand on Hope's chest and push. Hope's momentum goes backward and was clearly affected by the push.

Yea, I guess when you SLOW the tape down and every move is magnified then it looks like it was a foul. But if you watch the play in real time it was just a normal thing that happens in the game. There was no way that CB could have made a play on that ball if Jackson never touched him. It was a perfect pass and Jackson had the positioning, putting his hand on the CB had no effect on that play.

Every big play Seattle had was called back on a bs call. Of course Seattle got screwed.

did seattle get screwed in the superbowl??????????

does a bear ###### in the woods?

have you wanked it today?

would you choose a bottle of lube and fantasy football to start right now over a real woman?

Do the these questions answer the original question????

there were some calls that could be questioned on both sides. it is a little late to worry about it, you need to move on!!!!! look at how the refs tried to give the game to Indy but the steelers did what they had to to win. That is what seattle should of done as well, if there are calls going the wrong way you got to try harder to pull off the victory. Just for the recorf I am a Cowboy fan!!!!!

i started the game rooting for pit because i thought it would be nice for bill to win it after struggling for so long to get over the hump with perinnially competative teams, but seattle clearly was jobbed. now they may not have won anyway, but they had to fight uphill the entire game.

and the idiotic statement you made about just having to "try harder to pull off the victory", like the issue is they just weren't trying hard enough. the reason sports have rules is so that everyone is expected to play by the same ones. most people understand that calls sometimes go against you and sometimes go for you. people make mistakes. the problem with the superbowl was that all of the calls went against seattle (every one), and they were all huge calls. and all but the inteferance (although controversial, i will give the refs the benefit of the doubt) were blatantly bad calls that changed the game. the outcome of the game should be which team played better and according to the rules scored more points. why should one team arbitrarily have to play well enough to overcome adverse officiating while the other team gets the help of officials.

reasonable people can disagree as to if the calls were bad or not, but reasonable people cannot believe that egregiously bad officiating is ok because the losing team could have played better and won.

this was used by idiots regarding the lakers/sacramento series a few years ago when in game 6 sacremento was atrociously jobed by the refs. no one argued that the refs were the cause of the outcome, they all said that sacremento didn't deserve to win the series because in the next game, they had a chance to win and didn't. if you can't see the idiocy in such a belief, there is no hope.

would you choose a bottle of lube and fantasy football to start right now over a real woman?

Depends on what she looks like.

did anyone notice that during the superbowl coverage, ABC throughout the first half showed lengthy video montages of steelers players (one for bettis, one for big ben, one for joey porter, one for hines ward) carressing and kissing the lombardy trophy (with accompanying video interviews) - i remember vividly because i was agahst that players would tempt fate by posing with a trohpy they had not yet won.

during the entire first half, they never showed a single photo of seahawks players (or video interviews) as had been done for 4 pit players already. i thought, maybe seattle refused to pose or do interviews for the same reason that i wouldn't have done it (like reaching for the pot in poker before your opponent has layed down his cards). this would have still made the coverage slanted, but at least there would have been a reason for it.

but when coming back from the half time show, ABC flashed 4 or 5 quick photos from the previous montages as they sequeyed into the highlights from the first half. 2 of the photots were alexander and hasselbeck. so why not a single montage or interview shown from them like they did the steelers players.

not one!

i am not a conspiracy theory guy. i don't think there is any orchestrated plan to help the steelers win. but peoples personal preferences enter into the decision making the do during their jobs no matter how hard we fight it. clearly, ABC blew the coverage.

did anyone else notice? i hadn't heard anything at all about it, but i don't live in seattle so maybe it was not widely covered.

did anyone notice that during the superbowl coverage, ABC throughout the first half showed lengthy video montages of steelers players (one for bettis, one for big ben, one for joey porter, one for hines ward) carressing and kissing the lombardy trophy (with accompanying video interviews) - i remember vividly because i was agahst that players would tempt fate by posing with a trohpy they had not yet won.

during the entire first half, they never showed a single photo of seahawks players (or video interviews) as had been done for 4 pit players already. i thought, maybe seattle refused to pose or do interviews for the same reason that i wouldn't have done it (like reaching for the pot in poker before your opponent has layed down his cards). this would have still made the coverage slanted, but at least there would have been a reason for it.

but when coming back from the half time show, ABC flashed 4 or 5 quick photos from the previous montages as they sequeyed into the highlights from the first half. 2 of the photots were alexander and hasselbeck. so why not a single montage or interview shown from them like they did the steelers players.

not one!

Yep. It was pathetic. Plus they were showing one of these on the screen during the game when the Seahawks were hoping for the booth upstairs to see the replay of Darrell Jackson's pylon catch, and review it. Turns out it was the right call and it's just as well that it wasn't reviewed, but Holmgren was absolutely livid about it and dressing down the officials going into halftime.

Yea, I guess when you SLOW the tape down and every move is magnified then it looks like it was a foul. But if you watch the play in real time it was just a normal thing that happens in the game. There was no way that CB could have made a play on that ball if Jackson never touched him. It was a perfect pass and Jackson had the positioning, putting his hand on the CB had no effect on that play.

Every big play Seattle had was called back on a bs call. Of course Seattle got screwed.

So you think that in slow motion where every move is magnified it looks like a penalty, but at regular speed it looks like a normal play that happens all the time? Well, I think you should call the NFL and have them quit using slow motion in instant replay because they've had it wrong all these years. I mean, why would you want to slow it down so you can see things better when you play it at regular unmagnified speed? Outstanding!

can all the pittsburgh haters speak up because we got this big world champ ring in our ears and its really hard to hear.

Seattle got OWNED!!!

By the REFS :thumbsup:

Well, the votes are barely trickling in know. We could probably call the results now.

YES - 54 votes

NO - 27 votes

DONT CARE - 4 votes.

I am shocked that don't care didn't get more votes. Looks like by a 2:1 ration, FFToday posters believe Seattle got a raw deal from the refs. Doesn't mean that other factors weren't involved. It just means the game looked unbalanced from the officiating stand point.

Thanks for the votes.

hey phillybear and tj, clearly u know nothing about football.one call should have been overturned acording to mike perria(head of nfl refs) thats the low block on the int. close calls are a part of football just like conditioning phillybear(sorry my steelers were in shape and not throwing up on the final drive of the superbowl like your eagles mcnabb)as we celebrate #5 u can go over the glory of philly football.

1.randall cunningham made a good play on mnf

2.to didnt want to live in a trailer park of a city(if u been 2 philly u know)

3.they have courts in the vet 4 the fights

4.they made it 2 the big game and 4got what a hurry up offense is

youve been served,get a clue.

hey phillybear and tj, clearly u know nothing about football.one call should have been overturned acording to mike perria(head of nfl refs) thats the low block on the int. close calls are a part of football just like conditioning phillybear(sorry my steelers were in shape and not throwing up on the final drive of the superbowl like your eagles mcnabb)as we celebrate #5 u can go over the glory of philly football.

1.randall cunningham made a good play on mnf

2.to didnt want to live in a trailer park of a city(if u been 2 philly u know)

3.they have courts in the vet 4 the fights

4.they made it 2 the big game and 4got what a hurry up offense is

youve been served,get a clue.

Hey, Corky, I am a Seahawks fan.

OWNED. :cheers:

should be seahawks bear then. and once again please speak up with your cuts cause its hard here in pittsburgh to hear with that world champs ring in our ear. owned, i would say the person who quoted the head of officials as opposed 2 an upset team losing fan got the better dig. that said the philly coments on my part are still creative and funny and not the same ole, same ole that gets recited daily on this board. oh well u really added to our knowledge with your we got cheated stuff, thank you so much 4 your insight chris mortensen.

one call should have been overturned acording to mike perria(head of nfl refs)

And if you believe that, Pereira's got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya too.

should be seahawks bear then. and once again please speak up with your cuts cause its hard here in pittsburgh to hear with that world champs ring in our ear. owned, i would say the person who quoted the head of officials as opposed 2 an upset team losing fan got the better dig. that said the philly coments on my part are still creative and funny and not the same ole, same ole that gets recited daily on this board. oh well u really added to our knowledge with your we got cheated stuff, thank you so much 4 your insight chris mortensen.

Aside from your condescending attitude, your post is chock full of nothingness. Certainly devoid of anything resembling creative or funny, unless you run a laugh track behind it. But you are welcome to your opinion.

This board was down for many months, and the awful officiating in the Super Bowl was not discussed as a result. This poll simply was to let other posters weigh in on the subject, as this was a spinoff from another thread. And 2 out of every 3 posters, a convincing majority, concluded and voted that Seattle got screwed. A nice sampling of public opinion.

Congrats on the Super Bowl win. That isn't going to change. But reality is that most people think Pittsburgh got some officiating breaks. That also isn't going to change. The officiating was terrible the entire playoffs, and that is a shame when you have the most important games of the year, and have officials get in the way. You must be very lonely on your island.

Good luck with the upcoming season.