3. Couples

4. Yes

5. Bad

1. I hate Tiger.. the field

2. Any American but Tiger

3. Villegas

4. No

5. Eh

I'll take the field. I think Tiger is dealing with some distractions and the field is pretty darn good right now.

Chris DiMarco. I would love to see DiMarco win after coming so close in recent years.

Lucas Glover. Call me crazy....just have a hunch about the guy.

If he wants to.

Bad...like you said.

I'm really looking forward to this tournament. Should be great. Not looking forward to the gap between the Masters and the US Open, though, as there's not much in the way of sports that I enjoy during that time.

1st place in yahoo :banana:

3. Villegas

4. No

5. Eh

I don't think Villegas qualified.......

1. Field

2. DL3 or Daly

3. Jose Maria Olazabal

4. Yes

5. Not Sure

You like DL3???

Really? I've heard he's a real turd from people who have met him in person.

I'll take the field. I think Tiger is dealing with some distractions and the field is pretty darn good right now.

Chris DiMarco. I would love to see DiMarco win after coming so close in recent years.

Lucas Glover. Call me crazy....just have a hunch about the guy.

If he wants to.

Bad...like you said.

I'm really looking forward to this tournament. Should be great. Not looking forward to the gap between the Masters and the US Open, though, as there's not much in the way of sports that I enjoy during that time.

I don't think Villegas qualified.......

I thought if he finsihed in the top 5 2 weeks ago he made it? I didnt check

1. Field

2. Tiger

3. Daly

4. No

5. Bad

You like DL3???

Really? I've heard he's a real turd from people who have met him in person.

I don't know anything about the guy, but I've always assumed he was a snob with a name like Davis Love III. Just sounds like a spoiled rich boy. :blink:

* Tiger or the field?

* Who do you want to win?

* Sleeper pick?

* Should Jack play one more time?

* Course changes, good or bad?

1. Tiger

2. Tiger or S.Verplank

3. Couples

4. Yes

5. Bad

1- field

2- Funk or DiMarco

3- David Howell

4- YES

5- bad

* Tiger or the field?

* Sleeper pick?

1. Tiger

2. Tiger or S.Verplank

3. Couples

4. Yes

5. Bad

Tiger

Love to see David Duval win, but it ain't gonna happen

Aaron Oberholser

Absolutely!! Hell, 10 more times!

Bad changes, just a long hitters course now!

* Tiger or the field?

* Sleeper pick?

1. Tiger

2. Tiger or S.Verplank

3. Couples

4. Yes

5. Bad

The field

Couples

O'Hair

Heck yeah

bad

* Tiger or the field?

* Sleeper pick?

Tiger

Daly

Stephen Ames or Shingo Katayama

no

bad

Put me in the "anyone but Tiger" camp.

It has nothing to do with him; I just hate the fact that I can't watch a tournment that he is in, because the networks refuse to show anyone else on the course no matter what the score. They assume that most of us don't really care about the sport and are just watching to see what Tiger will do. And if/when they do show another player, it is almost always a putt. I'm a fan of David Toms, and I swear the guy must be invisible, because the big 3 never show him unless he misses a putt or something.

It's too bad that the Golf Channel doesn't have the cash to televise majors. They show more shots (by far) per tourney than any other network.

It has nothing to do with him; I just hate the fact that I can't watch a tournment that he is in, because the networks refuse to show anyone else on the course no matter what the score. They assume that most of us don't really care about the sport and are just watching to see what Tiger will do.

you assume wrong since Tiger = huge ratings and no Tiger = not so greta ratings

* Tiger or the field? Tiger

* Who do you want to win? Greg Norman

* Sleeper pick? Jose Maria Olazabal

* Should Jack play one more time? No

* Course changes, good or bad? Have to see them 1st

It has nothing to do with him; I just hate the fact that I can't watch a tournment that he is in, because the networks refuse to show anyone else on the course no matter what the score. They assume that most of us don't really care about the sport and are just watching to see what Tiger will do. And if/when they do show another player, it is almost always a putt. I'm a fan of David Toms, and I swear the guy must be invisible, because the big 3 never show him unless he misses a putt or something.

It's too bad that the Golf Channel doesn't have the cash to televise majors. They show more shots (by far) per tourney than any other network.

Wow! Nice to see that someone else has the exact same feelings...

I am sure that the TV crew got their new knee pads for the broadcast...

Wow! Nice to see that someone else has the exact same feelings...

I am sure that the TV crew got their new knee pads for the broadcast...

Unfortunately, this thinking is borderline retarded. The numbers don't lie - when Tiger is in the field the ratings go up. When Tiger is in contention and/or leading, the numbers go thru the roof. Love him or hate him, people will tune in to watch the John Deere Classic if he's playing - they don't give a rat's ass if he's not and Bart Bryant is winning.

Unfortunately, this thinking is borderline retarded. The numbers don't lie - when Tiger is in the field the ratings go up. When Tiger is in contention and/or leading, the numbers go thru the roof. Love him or hate him, people will tune in to watch the John Deere Classic if he's playing - they don't give a rat's ass if he's not and Bart Bryant is winning.

You're right about marginal golf fans....it's just frustrating for more hardcore fans who gets a heaping dose of Tiger in every broadcast and hardly a whiff of anyone else.

Not me. If he is going to be on, I don't turn the coverage on at all...

You're right about marginal golf fans....it's just frustrating for more hardcore fans who gets a heaping dose of Tiger in every broadcast and hardly a whiff of anyone else.

I think you guys are living in a fantasy world: for (1) they actually do show more than just Tiger and (2) there aren't many golf tournaments where they aren't showing the leaders the most. In fact, if any of you remember, it wasn't too much different back in Jack's day. The cameras absolutely loved (and followed) Jack, Tom Watson and Trevino all the time when they were kicking ass.

More recently, anybody who watched the women's Nabisco major this past week saw every last shot of the final group (gulbis, ochoa, wie), a wee bit of Webb mixed in there with very small bits and pieces of Inkster and Annika....Anybody watch the Player's two weeks back? Tiger was in the field but you would almost have never known it - the cameras showed Ames the entire time with bits and pieces of everybody else mixed in there....Let's go back some more, Bayhill this year - anybody remember? Tiger finished tied for 20th and again, you almost didn't even know he was in the field. The coverage may have hit him a few times but the majority of the attention was focused on Pampling, Owen, Clarke and Allenby.

If Tiger is in contention and/or in one of the final groups Sunday - no doubt you'll get a full dose of him. But he's not, and we've a repeat of 1999 or 2000 - you won't. (anybody remember those?)

Not me. If he is going to be on, I don't turn the coverage on at all...

And you are about as much a golf fan/enthusiast as you are black.

* Tiger or the field?

* Sleeper pick?

Tiger

DiMarco

Chad Campbell

No

BAD

Tiger

DiMarco

Chad Campbell

No

BAD

Love to see Campbell win - but he'd have to have a freakishly unbelievable putting week to do it (i.e. like weir in 03') His ball flight is totally opposite of what it takes to win there - low/hook.

I think you guys are living in a fantasy world: for (1) they actually do show more than just Tiger and (2) there aren't many golf tournaments where they aren't showing the leaders the most. In fact, if any of you remember, it wasn't too much different back in Jack's day. The cameras absolutely loved (and followed) Jack, Tom Watson and Trevino all the time when they were kicking ass.

More recently, anybody who watched the women's Nabisco major this past week saw every last shot of the final group (gulbis, ochoa, wie), a wee bit of Webb mixed in there with very small bits and pieces of Inkster and Annika....Anybody watch the Player's two weeks back? Tiger was in the field but you would almost have never known it - the cameras showed Ames the entire time with bits and pieces of everybody else mixed in there....Let's go back some more, Bayhill this year - anybody remember? Tiger finished tied for 20th and again, you almost didn't even know he was in the field. The coverage may have hit him a few times but the majority of the attention was focused on Pampling, Owen, Clarke and Allenby.

If Tiger is in contention and/or in one of the final groups Sunday - no doubt you'll get a full dose of him. But he's not, and we've a repeat of 1999 or 2000 - you won't. (anybody remember those?)

Hey Cruze....calm down a little, buddy.....you seem like you're taking the comments personally. :lol:

I was referring primarily to the coverage of Majors.....I have seen Tiger many shots off the lead before and they can't stop focusing on him. That's not Tiger's fault and I certainly don't dislike him for it. If you don't see it that way, it's fine.....just two different opinions on the matter.

Michael Campbell in the lead right now. Campbell has the game to win this thing based on what I saw last year. He's a guy to keep an eye on......

I don't know if I'll go back for my masters. If the university here in town ever starts offering a masters I might consider, but until then I'm pretty content with my BS and minor.

I love golf and love to watch it, but can't stand the man-love that the networks have... I would rather watch other golfers instead of just watching the kneepads get broken in...

Where is this AMEN'S CORNER THING? I CAN'T FIND IT!! :first:

masters.org

its pretty good. Showing lots of shots and decent comentary.

:P

D. Duval +7 through 10 :o

D. Duval +13 through 14. :blink:

Hey Cruze....calm down a little, buddy.....you seem like you're taking the comments personally. :P

I was referring primarily to the coverage of Majors.....I have seen Tiger many shots off the lead before and they can't stop focusing on him. That's not Tiger's fault and I certainly don't dislike him for it. If you don't see it that way, it's fine.....just two different opinions on the matter.

Really not sure why it is you think I'm riled up, no exclamation marks and no angry smilies - just good golf talk here. Sorry you see it that way. :first:

Any particular majors you can recall where Tiger wasn't in contention and the cameras couldn't stay off of him? I've a ton of them on dvd and don't recall too many, none in fact. Just for examples, let's look at the following: 97' U.S. Open at Congressional - Tiger is hot off his record breaking Masters win but he's hardly shown in the coverage. Sure they show him here and there but he's not in contention that Sunday (playing with faldo) and they show Jay Haas (who's starts off hot) more than him. The entire coverage that final Sunday was locked into the incredible battle going on among Els, Lehman, Monty and Maggert. How bout the 98' Open at Olympic Club? We hardly saw any of Tiger, it was the Payne Stewart and Lee Janzen show - with Price and Matt Kouchar getting more coverage than Tiger. How bout the 2001 British Open? We remember Duval battling Fasth and Clarke down the stretch bcoz that's what the coverage consisted of - nobody remembers Tiger's play bcoz they didn't follow him. We more remember Woosie's 15th club in the bag than we do Tiger. How bout the 99' Masters - rather a ho-hum major if there is such a thing. The coverage was on Olazabal bcoz he was winning but most of the coverage was focused on DLIII and Norman, who all suspected was in his final charge. Nobody remembers what Tiger did cuz they hardly showed him. How bout the 98' Masters? Even though Tiger finished in the top 10 does anybody remember him in this major? No, everybody remembers the incredible battle between O'Merea, Couples, Duval and the Golden Bear - Jack finished just 4 off at the age of 58. There are several more examples but maybe there is one of what you're thinking - do you know of any specifically? The only one I can think of is the 02' British Open - the weather was extremely nasty that year and they did show Tiger for a bit only bcoz he was shooting 80.

1st place in yahoo :first:

3. Villegas

4. No

5. Eh

ok les go with furyk

exactly

Jiminez has his shoes off and he's standing in water to take a shot. I love that stuff.

WHAT A GREAT SHOT TOO!

You are a liar, there is NO WAY you could have seen this bcoz they only show Tiger Woods! :first:

You are a liar, there is NO WAY you could have seen this bcoz they only show Tiger Woods! :first:

They only show Tiger Woods, people that take their socks off and birdies and bogeys :P

Yikes, Duval should hit one off a tree and pull a Rodney Dangerfield, "Oh, my arm - I think it's broken..." :first:

Yikes, Duval should hit one off a tree and pull a Rodney Dangerfield, "Oh, my arm - I think it's broken..." :first:

What does it take to qualify? I know Duval's card is almost up, but how much longer can he play the masters?

Duval qualified for this Masters via his 01' British Open win. The exemption last 5 years, so basically - this is is last time to be seen here unless something freaky happens.

Roc is a great personality - but he won't be there come Sunday. Either his back will go out or he'll remember he's not a very good putter.

Really not sure why it is you think I'm riled up, no exclamation marks and no angry smilies - just good golf talk here. Sorry you see it that way. :banana:

Any particular majors you can recall where Tiger wasn't in contention and the cameras couldn't stay off of him? I've a ton of them on dvd and don't recall too many, none in fact. Just for examples, let's look at the following: 97' U.S. Open at Congressional - Tiger is hot off his record breaking Masters win but he's hardly shown in the coverage. Sure they show him here and there but he's not in contention that Sunday (playing with faldo) and they show Jay Haas (who's starts off hot) more than him. The entire coverage that final Sunday was locked into the incredible battle going on among Els, Lehman, Monty and Maggert. How bout the 98' Open at Olympic Club? We hardly saw any of Tiger, it was the Payne Stewart and Lee Janzen show - with Price and Matt Kouchar getting more coverage than Tiger. How bout the 2001 British Open? We remember Duval battling Fasth and Clarke down the stretch bcoz that's what the coverage consisted of - nobody remembers Tiger's play bcoz they didn't follow him. We more remember Woosie's 15th club in the bag than we do Tiger. How bout the 99' Masters - rather a ho-hum major if there is such a thing. The coverage was on Olazabal bcoz he was winning but most of the coverage was focused on DLIII and Norman, who all suspected was in his final charge. Nobody remembers what Tiger did cuz they hardly showed him. How bout the 98' Masters? Even though Tiger finished in the top 10 does anybody remember him in this major? No, everybody remembers the incredible battle between O'Merea, Couples, Duval and the Golden Bear - Jack finished just 4 off at the age of 58. There are several more examples but maybe there is one of what you're thinking - do you know of any specifically? The only one I can think of is the 02' British Open - the weather was extremely nasty that year and they did show Tiger for a bit only bcoz he was shooting 80.

Sorry, Cruze....thought you were getting upset....guess I just mis-read your comments.

No specific examples....just observations from my perspective over time. Jim Nantz is the guy in particular that I get disgusted with. Nantz's obsession with Woods is nauseating. So, I guess that is part of it. I do think it happens, but like I said, I can't tell you specific tournaments in which I've observed it. The networks are MUCH better than ESPN, though. In a golf highlight on SportsCenter, they will focus on Tiger no matter what other players are doing.

Again, my apologies.... :wacko: