Sign in to follow this  
Walter34

Madden on Favre

He just said that he thinks favre could be traded. Doesnt think the pack have a shot and that if Bret comes back, it has to be to a team with a shot. JM is just speculating and doesnt know anymore than we do, but an interesting take.

In looking at every team, very few teams are not set at qb that are in a position to contend.

The only two that might fit are Washington and TB.

Everyone assumes Favre will die a packer. I believe he will as well, but how interesting would it be if the deadskins picked him up for a 1 or two year deal.

What would the pack get in return?

i would absolutely HATE favre going to the redskins...i could just imagine if they went deep into the playoffs the story would be all about favre and not the redskins. :thumbsdown:

Guest stevejohnson
Egg on their face.

GO FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsdown:

It sounds like you have Favre's nut on YOUR face! What's with all the man love?

I'm not sure why any team would mortgage their future for Favre. He's no longer a top level quarterback and he's getting worse every year.

That's impossible because you are rolling his nuts around in your mouth.

YA LOSER. You are too stupid to see the humor in my posts. What's your IQ? Probably lower than Vinc Yung's.

He just said that he thinks favre could be traded. Doesnt think the pack have a shot and that if Bret comes back, it has to be to a team with a shot. JM is just speculating and doesnt know anymore than we do, but an interesting take.

In looking at every team, very few teams are not set at qb that are in a position to contend.

The only two that might fit are Washington and TB.

Everyone assumes Favre will die a packer. I believe he will as well, but how interesting would it be if the deadskins picked him up for a 1 or two year deal.

What would the pack get in return?

Why speculate on something that the man has said over and over and over will not happen?

Another solid football post. :first:

And what was that you said about projecting when speaking of ghey issues? :lol:

<<Madden on Favre>>

I wish I hadn't read that.... images and nightmares will surely follow.

Guest xmann

Favre isn't going to another team, it's the Packers or retire. At this point who else would even want him? It's not like teams are falling all over themselves to pay big money to a old QB that had 29 INTs last year.

Favre is a 1st ballet Hall of Famer but his time has come and gone.

Why speculate on something that the man has said over and over and over will not happen?

I dont buy it either, but dont believe everything you read or hear. Stranger things have happened after players or teams have denied they ever would.

I'm not sure why any team would mortgage their future for Favre. He's no longer a top level quarterback and he's getting worse every year.

After last season I am surprised anyone wants him. Last year he made mistakes a High School QB would have been benched for. I think the difference is that in past years he was good enough to over come his mistakes, he can't do that anymore.

I think Favre's decline is more mental than physical. As much as I'd hate to see him in a new uniform, a fresh start might be good for him. Preferrably to a team with an offensive line, a RB, and who's 2nd WR's name isn't Antonio Chatman.

But like Sho said, it's not going to happen. He's said many, many times, that's he won't play for another team. I'm inclined to believe him.

the title to this thread is misleading...i thought madden finally got his wish. :(

:thumbsdown:

I dont buy it either, but dont believe everything you read or hear. Stranger things have happened after players or teams have denied they ever would.

*cough* joe montana

Another solid football post. :bandana:

And what was that you said about projecting when speaking of ghey issues? :rolleyes:

is this the same sho who chided me in another thread about it being april and not to believe everything one reads or hears in the media? but i guess it's gospel if it comes out of golden boy favre's mouth?

yeah, whatever.

As much as the Packers would hate it, the best team for him is the Chicago Bears. Outside, decent running game and smothering defense. If he can score 20 points a game, he wins every week. Probably not happening inside the division, but I wouldn't mind seeing Brett have the chance.

As much as the Packers would hate it, the best team for him is the Chicago Bears. Outside, decent running game and smothering defense. If he can score 20 points a game, he wins every week. Probably not happening inside the division, but I wouldn't mind seeing Brett have the chance.

hey, if the blackhawks can trade chris chelios to the red wings...

but favre would shoot himself in the head inside of one month in that bears offense. not the offense for a gunslinger.

favre would shoot himself in the head inside of one month in that bears offense. not the offense for a gunslinger.

I dunno...Here about three years ago, Favre was less of a gunslinger when the Packers were tearing it up behind Ahman Green's 1,800 yards. I think he can do a pretty good Phil Simms/older John Elway impersonation. Chicago would let throw a little more than Orton.

The one team people are hyping a lot that may need a QB this year is....

Miami

think of the love fest between those two.

And I believe he already holds the record for most TD Passes in Soldiers Field.

the title to this thread is misleading...i thought madden finally got his wish. :ninja:

I was expecting to open the thread and read:

slurp gobble slurp aggghhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhh <spit>

The only gratifying thing that would come out of it would be all the Favre bashers reverse field and gush if he wound up on their team. It's not going to happen so they can deny it all they want, but any reasonable man would agree that it would happen.

All the reasons Packer fans give for Favre's poor numbers would become the rallying cry for fans of his new team.

The only gratifying thing that would come out of it would be all the Favre bashers reverse field and gush if he wound up on their team. It's not going to happen so they can deny it all they want, but any reasonable man would agree that it would happen.

All the reasons Packer fans give for Favre's poor numbers would become the rallying cry for fans of his new team.

Hehe...I was wondering when someone would point this out. :thumbsup: It is so true, it's not even funny!

I think Favre's decline is more mental than physical. As much as I'd hate to see him in a new uniform, a fresh start might be good for him. Preferrably to a team with an offensive line, a RB, and who's 2nd WR's name isn't Antonio Chatman.

But like Sho said, it's not going to happen. He's said many, many times, that's he won't play for another team. I'm inclined to believe him.

so did chris chelios and MJ...

i am not saying.. i am just sayin...