Sign in to follow this  
murf74

NFL Network starting to blow

Can't they show something besides Strahan and Sapp this weekend? This channel is starting to look like the Best Damn Sports Show. :thumbsup:

I thought this network was pretty cool at first, but as I come to find the re-run everything about 40 times a week, I have learned to watch it only in small doses.

How can anyone expect a network devoted only to one topic to be great 24/7?

I agree. It's April, for goodness sake. The beauty of the NFL Network is shown during the season. WTF do you folks want?

There's only so much football right now. I wish they'd show more of the players headed into this years draft and their skills.

There's only so much football right now. I wish they'd show more of the players headed into this years draft and their skills.

:ninja:

Total agreement - love the Sirius NFL channel because of the in-depth draft analysis, prospective draft pick interviews...be nice to see some highlight films broken down along with interviews and projections.

I like it and watch it, but they have 1 hour of news a day and keep replaying it. They play reviews of past games, but its always seems to be the SB over and over again.

They could have alot more draft talk and analysis of players. We are two weeks before the event and their coverage is fluff. They could have individual team exposes where they analyze rosters and team needs. For the film aspect of things, there is a plethora of great games throughout history. Break out some of the great ones from the past a little more often.

Their programming suggests that they are just not trying. The material is out there.

I liked it alot when it started but it really has been pretty lame lately. The commercials are absolutely horrible, from the bogus " Where ya at #85" :first: to the stupid it's an NFL world and we're living in it with the Bus and Herm flying a J-E-T it's terrible. They must be catering to idiots. The actual NFl info. is decent but I can't stand the Jr. HS promotional crap.

How about team by team, position by position draft analysis? Former NFL scouts breaking thing down. Maybe a reality show follow the life of an NFL scout? Breakdowns of NFL draft history. Something other then SB highlights.

Ya, what that guy said :thumbsup:

I agree. It's April, for goodness sake. The beauty of the NFL Network is shown during the season. WTF do you folks want?

a blowjob from Christy Turlington

There is a ton they could be doing 2 weeks before the draft. Are you kidding me? How bout a weekly update from newspaper writers for each team? How bout an in depth draft analysis besides Reggie, Leinert and Young?

You don't expect much if you are satisfied with watching the crap they have been repeating these last couple months.

We are 13 days before the draft, and you would not know it on NFL Network. How did they sell this station as a year round channel if they have no plans for at least the 2 weeks leading to the draft?

they should play re-runs of the entire season. 1 thru week 17. then the playoffs. it would be cool to see teams like arizona and tennessee 4 every snap who usually dont get much natl team exposure. would help w eveybodys fantasy teams also. i got the sunday ticket but id watch, rather than total access 4 the 30th time in a week.

mike mayock is great though and should be on 4 at least an hr. a day.

they should play re-runs of the entire season. 1 thru week 17. then the playoffs. it would be cool to see teams like arizona and tennessee 4 every snap who usually dont get much natl team exposure. would help w eveybodys fantasy teams also. i got the sunday ticket but id watch, rather than total access 4 the 30th time in a week.

mike mayock is great though and should be on 4 at least an hr. a day.

I wish they would devote an entire show to fantasy football. Get some real fantasy guys, not some hollywood clowns, and let's have them run through a mock draft. Then on say Fridays during the season a half hour to hour fantasy show that goes over sleepers for the week, players to start and bench, injuries for the week anmd who knows what else. I agree I get tired of turning it on and seeing Total Access for the 30th time.

There's very few other places to get some of the 'insider' stuff (interviews with players, etc.); some of what they have is interesting but like others have said, I'd like to see more indepth Draft Day stuff, more Fantasy stuff that's not just some dumb celebrity fluff piece.

I watch because I like the concept but not the execution.

Do you hear that squirting sound? That's the sound of the NFL milking every last drop of money and exposure they can out of the sucker fans.

I don't care what month it is, there is no need for any sport to have a network. Nascar tries to pull the same thing. How many times can you interview a player's next door neighbor's uncle's nephew? Puhleeze! :unsure:

If they want to do a REAL service to the "fans" then they should run a 100% stats show during the regular season that just lists who scores and how many yards they have. The fantasy stats are the key to viewership. Noone gives a crap about off-field stories or other stoopid, meaningless fodder.

Go ahead, send your money to the NFL for their network.... Taglibue & co. are jerking off on your paychecks right now.....

:lol: :shocking: :banana:

Do you hear that squirting sound? That's the sound of the NFL milking every last drop of money and exposure they can out of the sucker fans.

I don't care what month it is, there is no need for any sport to have a network. Nascar tries to pull the same thing. How many times can you interview a player's next door neighbor's uncle's nephew? Puhleeze! :lol:

If they want to do a REAL service to the "fans" then they should run a 100% stats show during the regular season that just lists who scores and how many yards they have. The fantasy stats are the key to viewership. Noone gives a crap about off-field stories or other stoopid, meaningless fodder.

Go ahead, send your money to the NFL for their network.... Taglibue & co. are jerking off on your paychecks right now.....

:lol: :lol: :doublethumbsup:

So I should "pay" for a stats show when I can get those same stats online or in a paper? :huh:

Yet you all keep watching. :doublethumbsup:

LOL, I haven't watched in months.

Maybe if they had more, I would, but its just too much of the same thing over and over again.

They don't show enuff Steeler highlights :doublethumbsup: Actually even as a Steeler fan these highlights are even getting old to me some. But heck I guess the Champs should get more air time.

There's very few other places to get some of the 'insider' stuff (interviews with players, etc.); some of what they have is interesting but like others have said, I'd like to see more indepth Draft Day stuff, more Fantasy stuff that's not just some dumb celebrity fluff piece.

I watch because I like the concept but not the execution.

I'd like to see players break down film of a game. They should run some shows where the entire concept is breaking down players or offenses in the film room. If I could pitch an idea, here's what I'd suggest:

Have 1-2 hour segments dedicated to the breakdown of each position after that week's games. Have Tony Dorsett and Terrell Davis break down the film of running backs for a weeks worth of games. Show highlights, lowlights, trends, and discuss what skill sets are learned and which are instinct. Do the same with QBs (bring guest players into the film room to discuss), WRs, OL's, DL's, etc.

Have 1-2 hour shows with a coach that focuses on offensive or defensive plays--focus on trends (the 3-4 defense/zone blitz.

Have 1-2 hour segments with a scout and how he's studying NFL prospects.

Basically, take ESPN's NFL matchup and expand the idea to focus on specific positions and concepts as an educational/entertainment tool

They don't show enuff Steeler highlights :bandana: Actually even as a Steeler fan these highlights are even getting old to me some. But heck I guess the Champs should get more air time.

Or do you mean LOWLIGHTS of the Steeler game? :o

That was one of the worst displays of professional football NON Seabag or Steeler fans have ever seen....

Highlights..... uh huh..... highlights.... :lol:

I like it and watch it, but they have 1 hour of news a day and keep replaying it. They play reviews of past games, but its always seems to be the SB over and over again.

They could have alot more draft talk and analysis of players. We are two weeks before the event and their coverage is fluff. They could have individual team exposes where they analyze rosters and team needs. For the film aspect of things, there is a plethora of great games throughout history. Break out some of the great ones from the past a little more often.

Their programming suggests that they are just not trying. The material is out there.

Could not agree more.

They could do more but in reality they are still a young station. I would like to give them the benefit of trying to get a format type administrator in there to deal with more in the draft (bios, highlights, etc), An hour long show on fantasy football would be good as well. I know Acess has small bits on it but that is about it. I would give them two more years for them to truly tap into thepotential they have.

I'd like to see players break down film of a game. They should run some shows where the entire concept is breaking down players or offenses in the film room. If I could pitch an idea, here's what I'd suggest:

Have 1-2 hour segments dedicated to the breakdown of each position after that week's games. Have Tony Dorsett and Terrell Davis break down the film of running backs for a weeks worth of games. Show highlights, lowlights, trends, and discuss what skill sets are learned and which are instinct. Do the same with QBs (bring guest players into the film room to discuss), WRs, OL's, DL's, etc.

Have 1-2 hour shows with a coach that focuses on offensive or defensive plays--focus on trends (the 3-4 defense/zone blitz.

Have 1-2 hour segments with a scout and how he's studying NFL prospects.

Basically, take ESPN's NFL matchup and expand the idea to focus on specific positions and concepts as an educational/entertainment tool

:huh:

Totally agree - Heck Charter Cable and NFL Network can't even work out an agreement to have the channel as part of their package - thus NFL NETWORK is not even offered anymore!!

Now they are going to have LIVE games too!! Totally not cool ~~

How? Ask 24/7 news channels like Fox, CNN, or MSNBC. When there's no news to print go out there and make stuff up. Speculate. Over-analyze. Dissect your analysis and then scrutinize it. And when all else fails.....lie your azz off!

It's not the news anymore, it's competition! <_<

NN

Rich Eisen ... :lol:

You really do wonder how this guy got the job and how he has kept it.

He brings NOTHING to the table.

I liked the big guy Kennedy who they let go.

How about team by team, position by position draft analysis? Former NFL scouts breaking thing down. Maybe a reality show follow the life of an NFL scout? Breakdowns of NFL draft history. Something other then SB highlights.

are you kidding me? sorry, yes of course you are. you had me fooled for a second. reality show, ha.

I don't care what month it is, there is no need for any sport to have a network. Nascar tries to pull the same thing. How many times can you interview a player's next door neighbor's uncle's nephew? Puhleeze! :first:

:lol: :shocking: :thumbsdown:

this from a guy who has posted over a thousand posts on a fantasy football website. :rolleyes:

and how much football related television are all of you fools watching? i glance at NFL network sometimes to see if there is any news, but it is the off season for gods sake. they have (just like almost all other cable networks) three hours of programming that they repeat a few times each evening. why in the hell would you need more than three hours of football related coverage in april?

they should run a 100% stats show during the regular season that just lists who scores and how many yards they have.

Hey, I really like that idea. Though it doesn't really have to be fantasy related. But a show that just shows some historical (rescent and past) info. records, anomallys, player career profiles. nothing long or in depth but interesting numbers and situations without all of the overblown analysis.

good call. drop that right in the suggestion box at NFL network headquarters.

Hey, I really like that idea. Though it doesn't really have to be fantasy related. But a show that just shows some historical (rescent and past) info. records, anomallys, player career profiles. nothing long or in depth but interesting numbers and situations without all of the overblown analysis.

good call. drop that right in the suggestion box at NFL network headquarters.

:banana: