Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

You Packer fans are delusional

Ever since y'all lost your milk farms, I think the big corporations have been adding kool-aid to your cheese.

I will take any sig bet and/or any bannation bet that the Pack doesn't make the playoffs this year.

Who's saying they're going to be a playoff team? About the most optimistic I've seen is 8-8. The Cheeseheads have actually been pretty realistic in their expectations for this year, from what I've seen.

You guys are crazy.

Ever since y'all lost your milk farms, I think the big corporations have been adding kool-aid to your cheese.

I will take any sig bet and/or any bannation bet that the Pack doesn't make the playoffs this year.

PACKERS :banana:

11-5!!!!

Ok, except for that guy.

I've seen at least one post (today) that said that now that they have Brett, Woodson and Ben Taylor, they'll challenge for the playoffs. It's possible it was that guy, but there's some pretty optimistic Packer fans (check the 'worst team' thread).

Brother, can you feel the excitement building? We have Pickett to improve the D-line, Ben Taylor to improve linebackers, Marquand Manuel and Charles Woodson in the secondary. Brett Favre is coming back and we have one heck of a draft to look forward to! Javon Walker will be traded and we will have several new starters and playmakers on this team. :ninja: Lets get that o-line patched up and run back into the playoffs.

haha this post made me laugh

but really I don't think Packer fans are being too big of homers. I would be willing to bet that the packers don't finish less than 7-9. Any takers?

And those packer homers who think the pack will be a a 10-6 they are just keeping in mind that we do have that guy named Brett Favor

Anything can happen when that guy is on the field

And those packer homers who think the pack will be a a 10-6 they are just keeping in mind that we do have that guy named Brett Favor

Anything can happen when that guy is on the field

7 interceptions in one game?

I think delusion is Husker fans believing their collegiate football program still matters. :D

I don't particularly care for the Cheeseheads, but I don't believe the consensus feels their playoff bound this season.

Fans gotta have hope. ;)

;)

How on this earth does a Husker fan mock Wisconsin? I've been through Nebraska.....there is absolutely nothing there.

I'll be your huckleberry.

At best, Packers win 6. Double digit loses are almost a certainty.

How many double digit losses did they have last season?

And the defense "should" be better this year with the additions that have been made.

Packer fan here. Best we do is 8-8 this year. After a 4-12 season, I'll take it. It would mean we're moving back in the right direction.

How many double digit losses did they have last season?

And the defense "should" be better this year with the additions that have been made.

;) he means 10 loses +

You sound like a real intelligent guy. ;) :D

Everyone was sure the Bears would be the worst team in football heading into last season. Dr. Z picked them to finish 3-13. They won the division.

Anything can happen. I like our chances.

Not expecting playoffs and not expecting the first pick either.

And there's just a few good bounces between 6-10 and 9-7, which is the range I see. It's nice to be hopeful.

Everyone was sure the Bears would be the worst team in football heading into last season. Dr. Z picked them to finish 3-13. They won the division.

Anything can happen. I like our chances.

Yeah - good logic there...except the Bears had a better defense, O-Line, RBs, QB and coaching.

Other than that, you've got a lot to hang your hat on with this comparison. :wall:

Yep - delusional. :P

Every team is a playoff contender in April. That's the cool part about being an NFL fan, as opposed to a baseball fan. The Packers probably have the least talent of the four teams in the NFC North, but they can certainly challenge for a playoff spot if things come together perfectly for them. Of course, that's unlikely, but its April, so what the hell do you expect?

Yeah - good logic there...except the Bears had a better defense, O-Line, RBs, QB and coaching.

Other than that, you've got a lot to hang your hat on with this comparison. :wall:

Yep - delusional. :P

Better QB? :wall:

Going into the season there were question marks even around that defense for the Bears. They had fallen apart with a few injuries the year before.

RB...they had a rookie and a journeyman

QB...Grossman had barely played...then got hurt and they had Orton.

So no...going into last season the Bears were not looking like the team that they ended up being.

Delusional...yes you are.

vegas odds for wins went from 4 to 5 with farves announcement to stay

thats pretty funny

Vegas odds bumped them ahead of Detroit in the division with Favre's announcement to stay.

Yeah, that is pretty funny. "Dude, you're such a Millen!"

Better QB? :banana:

Going into the season there were question marks even around that defense for the Bears. They had fallen apart with a few injuries the year before.

BS - no one questioned the Bears D/ST and many, including myself believed they'd be top 5 with a healthy Green & Urlacher. They didn't disappoint.

RB...they had a rookie and a journeyman

Way to downplay the fact that the journeyman was coming off of a terrific season and the rookie was a talented high draft pick - you're so completely full of crap here that it's not even worth debating.

QB...Grossman had barely played...then got hurt and they had Orton.

So no...going into last season the Bears were not looking like the team that they ended up being.

Delusional...yes you are.

Stats don't lie. Favre was the suck last year. Are you honestly looking past the games that he single handidly lost for your team last year?

Ok, so maybe I was exaggerating slightly, but Favre wasn't a hell of a lot better than Orton, and based on the 20 picks and his trying to force everything all year, I'd say I'd rather have had Orton behind center than Favre in 2005.

Yep - delusional. :doh:

Do you have a link to any article from last offseason saying that the Bears O-line, RBs, QB and coaching were better than the Packers'? I sure can't find any.

You're making you point with the benifit of hindsight. How about a link to the summer of 2005 where you discuss how the Bears O-line, RBs, QB and coaching are going to be better than the Packers?

The point is you can't predict it. I'm a fan. I have hope. So sue me.

BS - no one questioned the Bears D/ST and many, including myself believed they'd be top 5 with a healthy Green & Urlacher. They didn't disappoint.

Several questioned the ability to stay healthy...that is what was quesitoned...no BS...obviously you adding the "with a healthy" part proves my point.

Way to downplay the fact that the journeyman was coming off of a terrific season and the rookie was a talented high draft pick - you're so completely full of crap here that it's not even worth debating.

Stats don't lie. Favre was the suck last year. Are you honestly looking past the games that he single handidly lost for your team last year?

He was coming off of a good year...and it was a rookie who many questioned why they even drafted him...how much did he contribute? That makes me full of crap? Please...you stated nobody thought they would be in the bottom...it was a strong consensus that they very well could be...not my opinion solely here...but that of this board before last season jerkoff.

Favre was bad last year...would anyone have really predicted that last year? You were talking about going into last season...not after the season hindsight numbnuts. Going into last season find me anyone that was not a Bears homer thinking that Grossman/Orton > Favre.

Ok, so maybe I was exaggerating slightly, but Favre wasn't a hell of a lot better than Orton, and based on the 20 picks and his trying to force everything all year, I'd say I'd rather have had Orton behind center than Favre in 2005.

You would have said youd rather have orton going into last year than Favre? If so, you really are a moron.

Not this hindsight BS...but going into the year...the Bears were nowhere considered to be a 13-3 type team.

Do you have a link to any article from last offseason saying that the Bears O-line, RBs, QB and coaching were better than the Packers'? I sure can't find any.

You're making you point with the benifit of hindsight. How about a link to the summer of 2005 where you discuss how the Bears O-line, RBs, QB and coaching are going to be better than the Packers?

Exactly...its easy to say now...and my point and the first poster's point about the Bears was that going into last season...the Bears were not considered the contender that they ended up being.

No, I am making my point based on reality.

You are being delusional and suggesting that because Team A was predicted to suck and they were good that Team B can be predicted to suck and be good.

No need for me to provide a link to anything when it's you using sketchy logic to support your playoff claim.

:doh:

One look at the 2006 Packers as assembled at present shows that they look to be the suck. I think it's up to you to prove that they could be playoff caliber, because I just don't see it.

You are being delusional and suggesting that because Team A was predicted to suck and they were good that Team B can be predicted to suck and be good.

No need for me to provide a link to anything when it's you using sketchy logic to support your playoff claim.

:doh:

One look at the 2006 Packers as assembled at present shows that they look to be the suck. I think it's up to you to prove that they could be playoff caliber, because I just don't see it.

You are making your point based on what happened...but not taking into consideration what was predicted.

Looks to be the suck? Not totally...looks to be an average team by most accounts. Still some holes and question marks...but certainly not a 4 win team again.

definitely going to save this post under my favorites to bring back in the end of December. The Packers will not have 4 or 5 wins again next year. Even though it would be cool for them to so they can get another high draft pick.

My prediction 7-9 and no playoffs

7 interceptions in one game?

Yeah exactly!

Also 8 years of over 30+ TDs passes

more comeback victories by any QB besides I think Dan Marino

11 years of 3500+ yards passing

I'm pretty sure he's only thrown 7 ints in one game but then again anything can happen!

:shocking:

I am arguing with someone who uses the phrase 'they look to be the suck'.

Fans have hope. The NFL has teams every year that everyone thinks will be horrible that make the playoffs.

I notice you haven't mentioned how you think your team is going to do anywhere that I can find. It must hurt to 'support' a team you have no hope in.

the amazing thing is that 33 people have taken the bait in this thread, though it has gotten off-topic a bit from the first post.

the amazing thing is that 33 people have taken the bait in this thread, though it has gotten off-topic a bit from the first post.

i think the guy who created the thread has been validated after reading the some of the pecker fans responses.

I am arguing with someone who uses the phrase 'they look to be the suck'.

Fans have hope. The NFL has teams every year that everyone thinks will be horrible that make the playoffs.

I notice you haven't mentioned how you think your team is going to do anywhere that I can find. It must hurt to 'support' a team you have no hope in.

yet another straw man to prop up instead of providing a logical defense of your craptastic team.

If this were a Niner topic, you'd see me post plenty on them. I have done so in many, many topics. See: niners draft pick and VDavis topics for proof - instead of talking out of your delusional bunghole, you could easily peruse those topics to see exactly how I feel....but since the whole premise of how I feel about my team is a weak straw man to allow you to avoid supporting your contentions about your team, I will not even go down that road. It's completely irrelevant.

The fact that "The NFL has teams every year that everyone thinks will be horrible that make the playoffs" is also irrelevant - we're talking about one specific team. And in doing so, anyone with a brain can look at that team and the moves (or lack thereof) that they've made to improve and have a fairly decent idea of how they'll perform. We can also see that Walker is likely to not be there (- best receiver) and apparently Driver doesn't want to be there (- #2 receiver), that Favre is a shadow of his former greatness, and the O-Line hasn't been rebuilt as needed.

As such, it is highly highly highly unlikely that the Packers are one of the teams that you elude to as being a surprise team. That's just a craptastic generalization which does nothing to support your contention.

Tell me *why* they could be one of those surprise teams, and maybe I'll have something to actually debate you on - at present I've given you plenty of reason for why I think they'll be the suck, while you've brought absolutely nothing to the table to support your reasons for being optimistic. :doublethumbsup:

yet another straw man to prop up instead of providing a logical defense of your craptastic team.

If this were a Niner topic, you'd see me post plenty on them. I have done so in many, many topics. See: niners draft pick and VDavis topics for proof - instead of talking out of your delusional bunghole, you could easily peruse those topics to see exactly how I feel....but since the whole premise of how I feel about my team is a weak straw man to allow you to avoid supporting your contentions about your team, I will not even go down that road. It's completely irrelevant.

The fact that "The NFL has teams every year that everyone thinks will be horrible that make the playoffs" is also irrelevant - we're talking about one specific team. And in doing so, anyone with a brain can look at that team and the moves (or lack thereof) that they've made to improve and have a fairly decent idea of how they'll perform. We can also see that Walker is likely to not be there (- best receiver) and apparently Driver doesn't want to be there (- #2 receiver), that Favre is a shadow of his former greatness, and the O-Line hasn't been rebuilt as needed.

As such, it is highly highly highly unlikely that the Packers are one of the teams that you elude to as being a surprise team. That's just a craptastic generalization which does nothing to support your contention.

Tell me *why* they could be one of those surprise teams, and maybe I'll have something to actually debate you on - at present I've given you plenty of reason for why I think they'll be the suck, while you've brought absolutely nothing to the table to support your reasons for being optimistic. :thumbsup:

I'll just defer to all the reasons people gave that the Bears would be division champs before the 2005 season started and leave it at that.

Cheers.

(I have no problem debating, but why you insist on using the tone of an eight year old is beyond me.)

Tell me *why* they could be one of those surprise teams, and maybe I'll have something to actually debate you on - at present I've given you plenty of reason for why I think they'll be the suck, while you've brought absolutely nothing to the table to support your reasons for being optimistic.

The defense was Top 10 last year and will have a new first-round (albeit former) talent at CB, a Top 40 rookie LB and a new playoff-proven S. The young DTs will have more experience and Pickett will be healthier than Grady.

A healthy Ahman Green means a Pro-Bowl caliber RB with two proven (at least in a few games) 100-yard rushers behind him. Wells is OK at Center and Tauscher can move to RG with Barry starting at RT. They are only a LG away from being an above-average OL. Favre has always made less-than-perfect WRs look perfect. He threw the towel in last year and cost the team some games--I don't think that will happen again. Losing Walker will hurt, but any warm NFL-ready bodies will make the passing game work. Vernon Davis automatically makes this offense click.

The kicking game is the biggest question mark, but who cares. The last two good kickers GB has had were rookie free agents. Dime a dozen next Sunday/Monday. Packers will get the best because they have the best opening for a regular paycheck.

Based on the draft and maybe a smart summer FA signing, the Packers have a chance to be a Wildcard team. They are certainly light years closer than the 49ers.

I'll just defer to all the reasons people gave that the Bears would be division champs before the 2005 season started and leave it at that.

Cheers.

(I have no problem debating, but why you insist on using the tone of an eight year old is beyond me.)

way to fire back at em... :blink:

A healthy Ahman Green means a Pro-Bowl caliber RB with two proven (at least in a few games) 100-yard rushers behind him.

The kicking game is the biggest question mark, but who cares.

green looked terrible last year when he was healthy and he didnt look that great the year before that, why is that going to change another year later?

Not having a good kicker or punter can make watching you favorite team play very tough. All I hear is packer fans saying how many close games they lost last year, but yea they will be fine with some cast off scrub kicker this year.

I think delusional was used in the topic title...

green looked terrible last year when he was healthy and he didnt look that great the year before that, why is that going to change another year later?

Not having a good kicker or punter can make watching you favorite team play very tough. ...but yea they will be fine with some cast off scrub kicker this year.

I think delusional was used in the topic title...

No delusion.

I think much of Green's troubles are/were psychological--marital problems. Not out of the question to see him gain 1,000 yards again. Gado and Davenport have both put up 100-yard games. With three potential studs, it's not delusional to think one might actually hit.

Agreed. A bad kicker can drag a team down. Longwell was a rookie FA who became money. Jacke was a 6th rounder who became money. Tough to argue with how easy it's been for this team to find a kicker. Much easier than finding a punter--Sherman was an idiot GM. I truly believe a couple rookie FA Kickers will sign early next week and the competition will produce a decent leg this year.

:huh:

No running game, no WR's, no O'line and a two tool QB (happy feet and forcitous) and they are playoff contenders? :first:

A Pro-Bowl caliber RB, two other RBs who can hang 100 yards a week, an annual 1,000-yard WR in Driver, 4/5 of a solid OL, a Hall of Fame QB and Top 5 pick. Yeah, they suck. :cheers: