Sign in to follow this  
Saturday Night Beaver

Jason Taylor stabbed

Dolphins defensive lineman Taylor stabbed, OK

Fort Lauderdale, FL (Sports Network) - Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was stabbed in a road-rage incident late Sunday but was not seriously hurt.

The Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that the 31-year-old Taylor was stabbed near his Davie home, but a source told the newspaper the veteran was fine physically and plans on playing in a charity golf tournament on Monday.

Taylor has recorded 540 tackles and 92 1/2 sacks during his nine-year career spent in south Florida. The Akron product also has four interceptions in 140 career games.

Miami is a dangerous place. I don't believe I'd pull over and argue about being cut off.

Hope Taylor is ok.

See, if he carried a gun like Sean Taylor, he wouldn't have gotten stabbed :thumbsup:

Imagine what one might have to do to get someone so pissed that they would follow you to stab you... :lol:

I know road rage is becoming more prevalent, but these extreme cases are either really bad luck or you suck as a driver. :first:

If people would not be so stupid on the roads everything would be cool, I swear...

Jason Taylor is a HUGE man...it takes enormous balls to try to stab him.

I know people get road rage, but to pull over Taylor, see his size and still try to stab him? That's a special kind of stupid right there.

:thumbsup:

Jason Taylor is a HUGE man...it takes enormous balls to try to stab him.

I know people get road rage, but to pull over Taylor, see his size and still try to stab him? That's a special kind of stupid right there.

:doublethumbsup:

That's what I was thinking.

Does the article say anything about Taylor twisting the guy into a pretzel after being stabbed?

Might be more to this story than the article is saying? Maybe Taylor flagged him off and ran him off the road.

Drugs involved?

That's what I was thinking.

Does the article say anything about Taylor twisting the guy into a pretzel after being stabbed?

:cry: :doublethumbsup:

See, if he carried a gun like Sean Taylor, he wouldn't have gotten stabbed :headbanger:

:headbanger: nice

This guy must be some idiot. Here is part of the story from the Miami Herald:

Davie police give this account of what happened, based on their interview with Taylor:

Taylor and his wife were driving south through the intersection of State Road 84 and Flamingo Road when he saw a red Ford pick-up truck backing up in the wrong direction and heading directly toward the couple's car.

Taylor honked his horn, but the car kept backing up at about 10 mph.

The driver tried to swerve around Taylor's car, forcing the sports star to run off the road into the grass. Both vehicles stopped at Southwest 130th Avenue and Eighth Street. Taylor got out of his car. The truck driver also got out and banged on Taylor's trunk.

The other driver screamed profanities, threats and racial slurs at Taylor.

Taylor told police that the man grabbed and ripped his shirt, then retrieved an ''unknown metal object'' from inside his truck and attempted to cut Taylor with it.

The linebacker stepped away, but was cut on his forearm.

The other driver got back into his truck, which was carrying another man, and drove away. Taylor followed him and dialed 911, but lost track of the truck somewhere near a trailer park in Davie.

Detectives later arrested Charles Redman Burns, 25, at his home at 3740 Southwest 60th Ter. in Davie. He was charged with aggravated battery as a hate crime and resisting arrest.

Police said Burns punched and kicked the officer who tried to handcuff him. When he tried to kick out the window of the police car, an officer sprayed him twice in the face with pepper spray. Then he was taken to the Broward County Jail.

Lucky it was only a cut. By the sounds of it (fighting the police also) - this guy could have pulled out a gun. Don't ever get out of a car for an argument is the moral of the story.

Taylor followed him and dialed 911, but lost track of the truck somewhere near a trailer park in Davie.

This is all you needed to know about the assailant right here.

:banana:

When he tried to kick out the window of the police car, an officer sprayed him twice in the face with pepper spray.

:cry:

That's probably worse than getting twisted into a pretzel.

On a serious note, that's pretty messed up. Glad they got the guy, though.

See, if he carried a gun like Sean Taylor, he wouldn't have gotten stabbed :wacko:

sean taylor doesnt need a gun...spitting is his defense mechanism :lol:

that's still insane. if i had to come after taylor for any reason...i'd still want a lot more than some homemade shank. that guy is lucky to be alive :doublethumbsup:

then again, so is taylor...the guy could have easily had a gun. psycho.

he looks like billy corgan (singer of the Smashing Pumpkins) and that guy is like 6.5" but thin.

Anyone have the numbers on this guy?

Wondering if he's like 5'8" 160, and got out of the truck swearing, walked up to Taylor's car, hit the trunk then loaded his pants when Taylor got out.

5"11" 168

About halfway down in the article.

I'm guessing he loaded his pants, and decided to get reinforcements after using racial slurs at Taylor.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5562712

I wonder which supremicist group he belongs to :unsure:

I wonder which supremicist group he belongs to :wall:

StupidRUS?

I don't buy the entire story.

My guess is that the Dolphins marketing dept. is floating the theory of a white, shrimpy punk doing the stabbing to throw everyone off the Marcus Vick trail.

Come on. Days later, Vick is signed as an UDFA.....?

At least Vick and Taylor play on opposite sides of the ball.