Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

LenDale White has chance to start

Link

AP reports second pick RB LenDale White has a chance to not only be the Titans' running back of the future, but perhaps it feature back of the present as well. The Titans latched on to White with the 45th overall pick after he had dropped out of the first round Saturday. White, who rushed for 1,302 yards and 24 touchdowns on just 197 carries, fell in the draft after he had gained weight prior to the draft, and a torn hamstring prevented him from running at his pro day. By dropping into the second round, White says he will be ready to roll once he gets healthy around mid-May. “Right now, I’m working with a 31-team chip on my shoulder. I’m gunning for them and I’m going to do everything in my power to get healthy, and I can’t wait to stop playing football again,” White said. Given’s White’s potential, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could push the combination of RB Chris Brown and RB Travis Henry to the bench and claim a starting job, much as RB Eddie George did as a rookie in 1996. “This is a special running back,” Titans HC Jeff Fisher said. “Considering the ability he has and the run style that he brings to this franchise, this was a player we could not pass up.”

I think he does - and is the second only to Reggie Bush from a production stand point as a rookie.

Link

AP reports second pick RB LenDale White has a chance to not only be the Titans' running back of the future, but perhaps it feature back of the present as well. The Titans latched on to White with the 45th overall pick after he had dropped out of the first round Saturday. White, who rushed for 1,302 yards and 24 touchdowns on just 197 carries, fell in the draft after he had gained weight prior to the draft, and a torn hamstring prevented him from running at his pro day. By dropping into the second round, White says he will be ready to roll once he gets healthy around mid-May. “Right now, I’m working with a 31-team chip on my shoulder. I’m gunning for them and I’m going to do everything in my power to get healthy, and I can’t wait to stop playing football again,” White said. Given’s White’s potential, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could push the combination of RB Chris Brown and RB Travis Henry to the bench and claim a starting job, much as RB Eddie George did as a rookie in 1996. “This is a special running back,” Titans HC Jeff Fisher said. “Considering the ability he has and the run style that he brings to this franchise, this was a player we could not pass up.”

I think he does - and is the second only to Reggie Bush from a production stand point as a rookie.

not sure why he has a chip on his shoulder. he was lucky to be drafted on day 1. he focked himself over. if he's mad, he should start by looking in the mirror.

hopefully he gets his crap together. he has the potential be good if he pushes himself.

Has a chance to start according to who? The guy writing for this web site? :D

Here's the thing about people with a chip on their shoulder. If they really have a chip on their shoulder they don't call a press conference to tell everyone about it. They go right to the weightroom and start lifting weights and they stew about it. then they go watch game film and stew about it some more. Then they go run some wind sprints and stew about it some more. Then they put some pads on and run over somebody and stew about it some more. They don't go and tell everyone because at that point it's time to put up or shut up.

he has the potential be good if he pushes himself.

He'll certainly be disappointed to hear that.

Come on now guys; so he got a little fat... he was a STRONG runner and scored 51 TDs in his college career at a TOP level... he is ready and capable to be a NFL starting RB.

Chris Brown isn't anyone I'd be banking on - IMO

White should be the #2 Rookie RB taken in ALL Rookie drafts - IMO

Come on now guys; so he got a little fat... he was a STRONG runner and scored 51 TDs in his college career at a TOP level... he is ready and capable to be a NFL starting RB.

i'm not writing him off--but it's all up to him at this point. the proof is in the pudding. and the man boobs. if he loses the man boobs by august, he'll move up my draft chart.

and btw: you should maybe cut the same slack to mike williams...? :D

He seems like a sissy to me and he looks like a girl with all that baby fat and his hair in those dreads.

Why? Foster is nobody to bank on either and either is a 32 year old Corey Dillon. Both Maroney and Williams are better IMO.

I would rank both Williams and Addia ahead of him. Maybe even Maroney.

Has a chance to start according to who? The guy writing for this web site? :P

:thumbsdown:

Chris Brown is/will start period. He gets 92 yards every first half before he gets hurt and sits out the second half! OK maybe a little exaggeration on 92 in the first half - but he is hands down the starter. I am pumped about getting White and hope he gets into shape. I just can't believe the kicker almost benched more then him though. I know he had a hamstring tear...but I'm not so sure how that affects your bench press. Those man boobs better get hard and perky where he doesn't need a man bra before he even thinks about being the starter. I'm still glad he's at the TITAN's!

“This is a special running back,” Titans HC Jeff Fisher said. “Considering the ability he has and the run style that he brings to this franchise, this was a player we could not pass up.”

His run style is lower to the ground than Brown so he does bring a style....

Lendale White is the kind of kid that we could go back and forth all day about debating how great his college stats are vs. his prospects at the pro level. Personally, I dont like what Ive seen recently, but I will reserve comment until he shows me something one way or the other. He's got alot to prove before I even begin to waste my time thinking about him as a player on any of my rosters. TN is a really bad team, and White is a major ??????.

I would rank both Williams and Addia ahead of him. Maybe even Maroney.

Agreed on that. I would not take White, I'm not sold on him, that's just my opinion (with the help of Wildman of course :pointstosky: )

White dominated his opponents at the college level, and was a TD monster. Will he do this in the NFL? Who knows? But he did dominate in college, man boobs or not :pointstosky: .

Forget the past 4 months, He didn't impress me while at USC. Watch the films. He was often tackled by 1 arm. His stats speak more to the talent around him than anything else. He played behind one of the best OL's in college and got to come in opposite Reggie Bush. Bush is a highlight reel machine. He made plays when plays weren't there to make. White (on the other hand) was a one hole runner who often times didn't have anyone to take on for the 1st 5 yards.

I am just not sold. And not because of anything that happened in the last 4 months.

Brown is a good RB, when he's healthy he will play. Henry can make it even more difficult. All have a nose for the endzone. White might be great, but the Titans will use all 3 guys if they are healthy. This team is going to run, it always has.

He may have been the 2nd best RB in the draft, debatable at best. I'd rather take a guy like Addai who's in a much better sitch than White.

I’m gunning for them and I’m going to do everything in my power to get healthy, and I can’t wait to stop playing football again,”

Uh, was I the only one who caught that?

He can't wait to stop playing football again? sounds like he's on track... :mad:

He can't wait to stop playing football again? sounds like he's on track... :banana:

Since Norm Chow recruited and coached him at USC he knows more about White than any of us. since he was willing to draft him in the second round I think he believes White will have a good chance to start.

Agreed on that. I would not take White, I'm not sold on him, that's just my opinion (with the help of Wildman of course :thumbsdown: )

You might want to reconsider that one...My whole point about White was i didn't believe he was worth a first round pick and there were better all around backs. I also stated two things about White leading up to the draft which you can look up from previous posts:

1. Overrated as a 1st round pick because of effort and discipline, but still thought he was the 5th or 6th best back in this class.

2. If he landed in the right spot and fell to me after the first 4-5, I'd take White in a heartbeat.

You rarely ever want to write off a guy before he proves you right or wrong on the field. I wouldn't draft this guy as the top back in a dynasty league, but if you can drop down a few spots, gain some picks or players, and draft White, then I'd reconsider. He will definitely be in the running as the redzone back. Chris Brown has demonstrated without a doubt that he's not a good short yardage, redzone back.

If anything that statement was to fire up the RBs in camp this year. Chris Brown has been their most effective rusher the last couple of years and they won't just hand it over to White. As far as White goes... he will have an opportunity to prove everyone wrong, it will be up to him to do it though.

I will say this.. its a colorful backfield..

not sure why he has a chip on his shoulder it must of fallen from his mouth. he was lucky to be drafted on day 1. he focked himself over. if he's mad, he should start by looking in the Frig.

hopefully he gets his crap together. he has the potential be good if he doesn't eat himself.

Fixed

wouldn't be surprised at all if he started once the inevidable chris brown injury occurs...

To me, White is about as risky as it gets without being Slo Mo... it really doesn't matter how skilled you are at this level if you aren't willing to work.

He can't wait to stop playing football again? sounds like he's on track... :cry:

I caught it too scooter, and still can't believe no one else has said anything about it even after you pointed it out :thumbsdown:

Personally, I like players on my teams, both fantasy and real... that can't wait to start playing football. Maybe he's been hangin out with Rasta too much :thumbsup:

Link

White says he will be ready to roll once he gets healthy around mid-May.

White is still dealing with a tear in the middle of his right hamstring that kept him from running a 40-yard dash for scouts. Fisher estimated White's recovery could take until mid-June.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...D=2006604300405

I am curious how he plans to get back into shape if he won't be 100% until June.

White dominated his opponents at the college level

88th in the country = average total defense rank of USC's Pac-10 opponents

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2005/Internet/c...00000905TD.HTML

(Oregon was the highest at 44th)

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...D=2006604300405

I am curious how he plans to get back into shape if he won't be 100% until June.

88th in the country = average total defense rank of USC's Pac-10 opponents

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2005/Internet/c...00000905TD.HTML

(Oregon was the highest at 44th)

62nd in the country = average rushing defense rank of USC's PAC-10 opponents

(Oregon State was the highest at 17th)