Sign in to follow this  
dogsoldier

DeAngelo Williams will be a better RB then Reggie Bush.

I've watched this guy play in college...I know many haven't had the privilege because he played for Memphis, but trust me when I say that he is THE GREATEST RB I've seen in my 22 years of life. If you don't believe me, you've GOT to see this video...the 74-yard cutback run against UTEP in the middle of the video is the single greatest run I've ever seen in my life. Even better than Reggie's against Fresno State (tell me DeAngelo's cutback run didn't make you have the same "oh-my-gosh-did-he-just..." reaction as Reggie's!) Reggie may be the better player, but as far as RB's go, give me DeAngelo any day.

When we look back at the 2006 draft 20 years from now, we will wonder how the Panthers ever got this HOF'er at #27 overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWHHiJBURSM&search=deangelo

:thumbsdown:

on almost all the plays shown, he doesnt even have to break a tackle, the holes he runs through are so big.

only one highlight was impressive, and they showed it over and over again from different angles. whoop-dee-do.

not even trying to say he's going to suck as a pro, but these highlights were average at best

if you want to watch really good highlights, watch reggie bush

Williams wasn't healthy for one full season in college. What makes you think he will be able to stay healthy in the pros?

He'll be rushing against Tampa and Atlanta 4 times each year. They are a tad better than UTEP.

I do like Williams, but is going to be healthy throughout a full season? The jury is out on this one.

These college highlight reels mean nothing. I remember seeing an impressive one from J.J. Arrington last year. Enough said.

I have to admit, I prefer Deangello to Reggie as well, He at hits holes hard, and is a 1 cut runner, unlike bush who is a get to the outside guy and hall ass....bush will be bust, as the defenses are just as fast and will meet him everytime. YOU CANT RUN OUTSIDE IN THE NFL. (unless your Barry sanders)

Deangello in Denvers offense, would have = G.O.A.T :(

He'll be rushing against Tampa and Atlanta 4 times each year. They are a tad better than UTEP.

Lest we forget, most of Reggie's highlight runs came against inferior teams....Fresno State, anyone?

One thing to remember about DW, look what Maroney did early this season when he ran against the teams DW runs against every week. Just something to remember.

From what I see, Williams had to break very few tackles throughout the entire video. I also saw him bounce outside and turn the corner on many runs where an NFL linebacker would have him down in the backfield. I do like the quickness, burst and open field ability, but he doesn't look like much of an inside runner.

Williams is a very good back and I have seen him, several times. Bush is by far a better player. You only have to look at the competition that both played against. Memphis doesn't play in a strong FB conference. Also he has been hurt but for the most part has played hurt, which FB player hasn't but it has kept him out of games before and I won't be surprised to see that trend to continue.

Williams is a very good back and I have seen him, several times. Bush is by far a better player. You only have to look at the competition that both played against. Memphis doesn't play in a strong FB conference. Also he has been hurt but for the most part has played hurt, which FB player hasn't but it has kept him out of games before and I won't be surprised to see that trend to continue.

I agree that Reggie is the better player, he can play just about anywhere on offense, but as far as pure running skills and being a great RB, nobody in this draft can touch DeAngelo, IMO.

My Joseph Addai reel was better. <_<

I did watch your Addai clip...I wasn't that impressed with him. No "Wow!" factor. Contrast that to DW, who has about 3 different clips that leave your jaw on the floor.

One thing to remember about DW, look what Maroney did early this season when he ran against the teams DW runs against every week. Just something to remember.

will you just tell us what he did? was he better, worse, the same? what's your point?

These college highlight reels mean nothing. I remember seeing an impressive one from J.J. Arrington last year. Enough said.

I was giong to say the same thing. I remember watching his highlights and reading from homers that he was going to be insane. I drank the kool aid and drafted him last year.

Then I cried. <_<

I agree that Reggie is the better player, he can play just about anywhere on offense, but as far as pure running skills and being a great RB, nobody in this draft can touch DeAngelo, IMO.

I did watch your Addai clip...I wasn't that impressed with him. No "Wow!" factor. Contrast that to DW, who has about 3 different clips that leave your jaw on the floor.

you got it wrong. its not 3 different clips that leave your jaw on the floor, its the same clip shown from 7 different angles that leaves your jaw on the floor

DeAngelo is a talent and IMO will be the best rookie to have in a redraft league. But this reel does nothing to prove it. He takes everything outside, and that may not work against NFL quality linebackers.

He does have very good vision and speed, and will play for a CAR team where he'll be the starter.

As for the small school comparisons...who cares. Lots of good RBs come out of smaller programs, LT being one of the more recent. I remember them questioning his ability to play at an NFL level.

I agree with the last poster who was talking about small schools and LT. My take is that Willaims will have success in the NFL sooner than later... it all depends on when Foster gets hurt ;) . Williams seems to have good vision and ran low to the ground from what I have seen from him (here and sparingly in college). That and he had the all important game breaking speed... almost as fast as "DeAngelo Montgomery" :first:

will you just tell us what he did? was he better, worse, the same? what's your point?

He did way better. Perfect example. Tulsa is in the same conference as memphis. Maroney played a little less the three quarters and look what he piled up. Not bashing DW, just saying that When Maroney was running against Big Ten defenses he dominated as well.

Tulsa -- 203 Yards, 2 TDs, 9.7 Avg.

As for the small school comparisons...who cares. Lots of good RBs come out of smaller programs, LT being one of the more recent.

and Marshall Faulk being another.

He did way better. Perfect example. Tulsa is in the same conference as memphis. Maroney played a little less the three quarters and look what he piled up. Not bashing DW, just saying that When Maroney was running against Big Ten defenses he dominated as well.

Tulsa -- 203 Yards, 2 TDs, 9.7 Avg.

all respect, you made me laugh very hard

Minnesota and Memphis are two totally different teams. I can only imagine what DeAngelo would have done behind the Gopher O-line rather than his pathetic blockers. :banana:

don't forget its a team sport

Minnesota and Memphis are two totally different teams. I can only imagine what DeAngelo would have done behind the Gopher O-line rather than his pathetic blockers. :banana:

None of the Gopher offensive linemen were All-Americans.... none.

Minnesota faced much higher grade defensive units than Memphis.

Belichick made the right choice in selecting Maroney.

None of the Gopher offensive linemen were All-Americans.... none.

Minnesota faced much higher grade defensive units than Memphis.

Belichick made the right choice in selecting Maroney.

ok.... I'll agree that they weren't all americans however follow this link and see if two 1st first team all Big 10 linemen one of which who was the Big 10 lineman of the year is better than the Memphis guys

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spe.../112205aab.html

seriously dude, don't come at me with no information

ok.... I'll agree that they weren't all americans however follow this link and see if two 1st first team all Big 10 linemen one of which who was the Big 10 lineman of the year is better than the Memphis guys

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spe.../112205aab.html

seriously dude, don't come at me with no information

I'm a Pats fan, so I'm obviously hoping Maroney will be a stud.

Here's what I know though:

1. I saw Maroney play about 5 times this year. He looked pretty good most of the time, but he was also running through nine foot holes on almost every single play. I probably could've gotten 4 yards per carry behind that line.

2. I haven't seen Williams play very much. I've heard how great he is supposed to be. This video really didn't prove that to me at all though.

Minnesota and Memphis are two totally different teams. I can only imagine what DeAngelo would have done behind the Gopher O-line rather than his pathetic blockers. :argue:

Ok your right, no brainer that DW is better than Maroney. That's why Maroney was drafted higher. Whatever. B)

Limited footage, but I saw some good running instincts. He has the patience to wait for his blockers and knows how to get himself into position for his blockers to get the best of their blocks.

Of course, it'll be interesting to see how he makes the transition into the NFL where the defenders are highly disciplined and don't overpursue nearly so much.

Marshawn Lynch as a true freshman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XlzKFuAGak

BTW someone was ragging on Fresno St. earlier... I'm sure they're alot better than UTEP

Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, Darren McFadden. All names you should know in the near future!

Deangelo will be a very good back in the NFL. However, I think it's ignorance to claim he's better than Bush at this point.

Ok your right, no brainer that DW is better than Maroney. That's why Maroney was drafted higher. Whatever. :cheers:

Is it idiot night or something?

a) I never claimed DeAngelo was better than Maroney. I just said you can't say Maroney is better based on his performance and DeAngelo's performance vs the same defense because Maroney's line is much much better. No logical conclusion can be drawn.

:ninja: If draft position really showed a player's worth, I guess William Green should be tearing up the NFL because he was a 1st rounder and Portis should be worse since he was a second rounder and passed over by his former college coach.

Get back to where you belong. :ninja:

Kid looks like a talent to me, though I'd like to have seen him plow through at least one defender in his clip. I think the Panthers definately got good value with the pick.

I predict A LOT of fumbles in the NFL if he doesn't learn quickly. In that highlight reel he runs with the ball in his right hand 90% of the time. You learn to move the ball to the outside hand after you break through the line so a LB doesn't knock it out. When he runs left, the ball is in the right hand (inside hand) which is EASY pickings for the likes of any decent NFL LB.

Don't believe me, just watch!

I agree with the last poster who was talking about small schools and LT. My take is that Willaims will have success in the NFL sooner than later... it all depends on when Foster gets hurt :D . Williams seems to have good vision and ran low to the ground from what I have seen from him (here and sparingly in college). That and he had the all important game breaking speed... almost as fast as "DeAngelo Montgomery" :thumbsup:

Just checking that Dynasty team....just curious how you got Bush, Maroney, Leinhart, C.Jackson out of the rookie draft...

Marshawn Lynch as a true freshman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XlzKFuAGak

BTW someone was ragging on Fresno St. earlier... I'm sure they're alot better than UTEP

I was at that game. Unreal. He outran JJArrington every chance he got. So this was not last year, but the year before. Will be a Junior this year.

Just checking that Dynasty team....just curious how you got Bush, Maroney, Leinhart, C.Jackson out of the rookie draft...

Picks 1.01, 1.03, 1.07

Traded Jamal Lewis and Brandon Lloyd for Chad Jackson and a 2007 2nd Rounder.

I havnet seen anything in those videos , he run trough holes the size of the pentagon.

But i still liked the kid aniways.

I've watched this guy play in college...I know many haven't had the privilege because he played for Memphis, but trust me when I say that he is THE GREATEST RB I've seen in my 22 years of life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWHHiJBURSM&search=deangelo

OK, you lost me right here.

Assuming that you were a wunderkind that was able to watch and understand football at the incredibly unheard of age of 3, you would've really only been able to have seen RBs for 19 years of your life.

Based on this, how do you expect me to believe your statement of Williams being better than Bush?

You numbers are off and I cannot go on reading this thread.

:ninja:

I predict A LOT of fumbles in the NFL if he doesn't learn quickly. In that highlight reel he runs with the ball in his right hand 90% of the time. You learn to move the ball to the outside hand after you break through the line so a LB doesn't knock it out. When he runs left, the ball is in the right hand (inside hand) which is EASY pickings for the likes of any decent NFL LB.

Don't believe me, just watch!

For what it's worth... Marshall Faulk only carries the ball in his left hand... and he never had much of a fumbling issue.