Sign in to follow this  
Rude Rick

CNN Poll: Americans think B. Clinton more honest than GWB

Which man would you say was more honest as president?

President Bush 25% 9817 votes

President Clinton 75% 29417 votes

http://www.cnn.com

Even 4 percent among the 29 percenters know lying about BJs isn't as bad as lying to send people off to die. But most of America loves democrats!

"Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order"

Also from CNN:

The poll of 1,021 adult Americans was conducted May 5-7 by Opinion Research Corp. for CNN. It had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Respondents favored Clinton by greater than 2-to-1 margins when asked who did a better job at handling the economy (63 percent Clinton, 26 percent Bush)

Solving the problems of ordinary Americans (62 percent Clinton, 25 percent Bush).

Foreign affairs, the margin was 56 percent to 32 percent in Clinton's favor;

Taxes, it was 51 percent to 35 percent for Clinton;

Handling natural disasters, it was 51 percent to 30 percent, also favoring Clinton.

59 percent said Bush has done more to divide the country, while only 27 percent said Clinton had.

:(

First of all, let it be known that I think Bush is the worst president in this country's history.

That being said, if the poll were taken by Fox instead of CNN, the results would be much different.

It's like taking a Bush popularity poll at the Democratic convention.

First of all, let it be known that I think Bush is the worst president in this country's history.

That being said, if the poll were taken by Fox instead of CNN, the results would be much different.

It's like taking a Bush popularity poll at the Democratic convention.

Although polling is not an exact science, your statement is a little naive. Do you Harris polled 1003 adults that all happen to be CNN viewers? :cry:

Stating you dismiss the polls conclusion's because of the organization that hired Harris, which you claim has an anti-Bush bias, is also saying you doubt the integrity and seriousness of the Harris polling firm, too.

This in turn implies you do not believe in the resuts of past Harris polls, like this one:

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_po...dex.asp?PID=270

Or this one: http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_po...dex.asp?PID=366

Or even this one: http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_po...dex.asp?PID=130

So 75% of Americans are wrong. Nothing new there. :cry:

So 75% of Americans are wrong. Nothing new there. :cry:

:(

Do you think lying about sex is worse than sending people's children to their graves?

What's it matter? Republicans will have their Diebold machines working in any contested district in November and newspeople will walk around scratching their heads about the results being so different from exit polling again.

What's it matter? Republicans will have their Diebold machines working in any contested district in November and newspeople will walk around scratching their heads about the results being so different from exit polling again.

This is true. Cons stole the last election.

This is true. Cons stole the last election.

I would be realy interested in any link that you could come up with regarding irregularites in the 2004 election regarding exit polls and the Diebold machines.

I dislike Bush, but honesty is overrated.

The most honest president in the last 40 years... probably one of the few things everybody of all political stripes here can agree on ... was Jimmy Carter.

I just know we were in much better shape when William Jefferson Clinton was our Pres. I would vote for him again in a heartbeat if I could.

I dislike Bush, but honesty is overrated.

The most honest president in the last 40 years... probably one of the few things everybody of all political stripes here can agree on ... was Jimmy Carter.

And what a President he was. :oldrolleyes:

To me bush is shady at best and a flat out lawbreaker at worst. The worst clinton did was get head in the oval office and that to me is not bad. Hell every man here would love to get head at work. Maybe not from a frumpy intern.....but hey whatever works.

cnn poll :first:

:cheers: GWB - 60,608,582 votes 2004 > Clinton - 47,400,125 votes 1996 :D

Bush is the worst president in this country's history.

old news

Isn't his approval rating down to like 29% now? :rolleyes:

cnn poll :banana:

:banana: GWB - 60,608,582 votes 2004 > Clinton - 47,400,125 votes 1996 :(

Oh, I see -- the fact that W got 62,039,073 votes in 2004 and Clinton "only" got 47,402,357 votes in 1996 somehow proves America likes Bush better, right? :banana: That's pretty pathetic.

To put your little attempt at statistical manipulation in perspective, why don't we engage in a little more statistical analysis? Did you mention that 29 million additional citizens voted in 2004 than in 1996?

Or the fact that in 1996 Clinton got 49.24% of the votes cast in a three-man race -- Dole got 40.71% and Perot 8.4%? Remove Perot from the equation, give half of his votes to each candidate, and Clinton would have had 48 million votes in 1996 -- 53.4%. Which beats Bush's 50.7% any day of the week.

Oh, I see -- the fact that W got 62,039,073 votes in 2004 and Clinton "only" got 47,402,357 votes in 1996 somehow proves America likes Bush better, right? :banana: That's pretty pathetic.

To put your little attempt at statistical manipulation in perspective, why don't we engage in a little more statistical analysis? Did you mention that 29 million additional citizens voted in 2004 than in 1996?

Or the fact that in 1996 Clinton got 49.24% of the votes cast in a three-man race -- Dole got 40.71% and Perot 8.4%? Remove Perot from the equation, give half of his votes to each candidate, and Clinton would have had 48 million votes in 1996 -- 53.4%. Which beats Bush's 50.7% any day of the week.

if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nutz... :banana:

if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nutz... :mad:

... then you would actually have a point. I see you don't.

Have a nice day. ;)

cnn poll ;)

:mad: GWB - 60,608,582 votes 2004 > Clinton - 47,400,125 votes 1996 :(

Oh yeah? Well, Clinton got 7 times as many votes as William Howard Taft!!! TAKE THAT!!!