Sign in to follow this  
davebg

SPINOFF: What was the best non-monetary benefit that you ever had at a job?

:thumbsup: being here 8 hours a day with you wonderful people. ;)

Getting to see the best docs whose practices are long closed because I work for a famous one around here who gets me in, pay nothing for any ortho problem I may have working for this guy, run the place how I see fit, job security if I want it..... :thumbsup:

Can pretty much expense anything I want.

Get paid to take customers to nice dinners, golf, events.

Travel to exotic locations like San Jose, Folsom, Portland, and Austin. :thumbsdown:

In HS I worked at my cousin's pizza place. I would make the bestest pizzas for myself. :blink:

Can pretty much expense anything I want.

Get paid to take customers to nice dinners, golf, events.

Travel to exotic locations like San Jose, Folsom, Portland, and Austin. :thumbsdown:

In HS I worked at my cousin's pizza place. I would make the bestest pizzas for myself. :wub:

Expense me out some stuff from Norstroms, k buddy? ;)

You also forgot to mention potentially meeting some cute geekettes at said exotic locations... :blink:

Expense me out some stuff from Norstroms, k buddy? :blink:

You also forgot to mention potentially meeting some cute geekettes at said exotic locations... :thumbsdown:

Nordstrom's would be a little tough. Luckily I don't "want" to. :wub:

And I have met a cute geekette.

"Potentially" meeting one is a potential benefit. HTH

You left out the exotic beach at El Segundo, Ca!

For a couple of years in my late teens I worked for Pan Am at Dulles Airport. I could fly anywhere I wanted ... for free. I took some trips, but the main problem was that I didn't have any money, and even though I flew for free, I couldn't eat or pay for lodging when I got to my destinations. So, I didn't use the perk as much as I could have. Just for kicks, I did fly to NYC for lunch once. That was pretty cool :thumbsdown:

Getting to see the best docs whose practices are long closed because of malpractice

:thumbsdown:

Worked at a start-up company in Arlington, VA. We had ping-pong, a putting green, pinball, and were off Friday's at noon where the CEO would take us drinking.

At age 24 I was the 4th oldest person of about 25 employees. Needless to say, the sex and boozing around the place was incredible. All of us between 21-24 years old. We'd go play softball twice a week. Even had a few key parties. Those of you over 30 may know what they are.

Compnay grew to 160 people and we sold it. CEO made a few million and the rest of us got enough to keep us happy. :o

You left out the exotic beach at El Segundo, Ca!

I'm not really going to SoCal this year. Different territory. :o

And I have met a cute geekette.

Cool, then you don't need to meet any more! :o

Cool, then you don't need to meet any more! :o

But I want to meet TNG. :P

But I want to meet TNG. :P

Cool. I hope you do cuz that's it for N. Cali unless someone new comes on the boards from here. :o

Cool. I hope you do cuz that's it for N. Cali unless someone new comes on the boards from here. :o

Glad to see you got your spunk back. :P

Glad to see you got your spunk back. :P

Who says I'm merely being spunky here? :o

Who says I'm merely being spunky here? :o

I am, Miss internet tough girl facade girl. :P

Enron.

Employer sponsored gym in the basement.

Quarterly parties for the whole IT group.

wow, you actually worked there? where you still there went the shiat hit the fan?

if its a touchy subject, its cool if you dont answer, i just have a real interest in the enron story

First real job out of college I worked for a finance company. Red smokin' hot lady boss was in her early 30's and took a real liking to me. Bumped it with her for a year or so. Even included her half-crazy stripper girlfriend on a couple occassions. God, I loved the 70's.

Went to a luxury box at The Fleet Center a couple times. My company's law firm owned it and gave it away one in a while.

Saw a Bruins game and a Celtics game.

Mostly I enjoyed the free food and soda.

oh my first answer was legal perks.

"ill-legally-"

on the side I got cash kickbacks, endless supply of construction/electrical supplies and fixtures. Use of any tool I need. I remodeled by whole house from supplies from work .