Sign in to follow this  
boknows

My "big" sleeper pick of the year.

Wr. Matt Jones

I have done pretty decent in the last 2 years on sleepers here are the last two. Please post your and we can revisit this thread in the middle of the season.

2005 Chris Cooley te.

2004 Antonio Gates te.

Well, if the article on the FFtoday homepage is true..

(Matt Jones Replacing J. Smith As #1 WR? -- Wed Jun 1 2:22 pm --

Del Rio Has Jones Studying Randy Moss' Game

Then you know that Del Rio has confidence in his abilities. I heard an interview about 2 weeks ago with Byron Leftwich on ESPN 1000, and Byron praised Matt Jones as well.

Let’s compare Matt Jones to the other first round rookies that were also drafted in the first round. I’m also throwing in Chris Henry:

Season Totals

Matt Jones: 36/432 5TDs

Braylon Edwards: 32/512 3TDs

Troy Williamson: 24/372 2TDs

Mike Williams: 29/350 1TD

Mark Clayton: 44/471 2TDs

Chris Henry: 31/422 6TDs

He had 5 TD's last year with Jimmy Smith on the team. That's got to jump up this year to at least 7 to 9....that might be conservative.

I would say that if you can get Jones to be your #3 WR on a mandatory 3 WR play league, you might have a great catch here.

Wr. Matt Jones

I have done pretty decent in the last 2 years on sleepers here are the last two. Please post your and we can revisit this thread in the middle of the season.

2005 Chris Cooley te.

2004 Antonio Gates te.

I'm not trying to nitpick....but what is your projection? It's easy to call him a sleeper but unless you quantify it you can say you're right unless he's a bust.

I'm not trying to nitpick....but what is your projection? It's easy to call him a sleeper but unless you quantify it you can say you're right unless he's a bust.

Just as the above poster said and gut feeling.

He had 5 TD's last year with Jimmy Smith on the team. That's got to jump up this year to at least 7 to 9....that might be conservative.

I'm too lazy to check, but has a WR ever caught more than 8 TDs for this franchise?

That says alot with both J-Smooth and McCardell having played there. With that said, though, I'd feel comfortable with Jones as my #4 WR.

I guess this means we can officially label Reggie Williams a bust?????

Let’s compare Matt Jones to the other first round rookies that were also drafted in the first round. I’m also throwing in Chris Henry:

As opposed to the first round rookies drafted in the 2nd-7th rounds? :blink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. <_<

I'm too lazy to check, but has a WR ever caught more than 8 TDs for this franchise?

No. Good call

He could be deadly if he starts. Whoever ends up starting there will be on my sleeper list, but I am way more pumped about Wilford than Jones at this point.

I like both Matt Jones and Wilford. Hopefully I can draft both of them as my 3rd & 4th or 4th & 5th receivers.

I wouldnt say Matt Jones is a sleeper.....since Jimmy has left all the talk has been about him....

I love IDP leagues. Here is my sleeper at every position:

QB- Matt Leinart: Kurt Warner is fragile enough to not make it through training camp. I really believe Leinart is more than a rookie. And with the weapons in Arizona he could be great, especially in keeper leagues.

RB- Thomas Jones: Do not sleep on this guy! He is a football player and I think he will keep Benson as a backup. He was really good last year even with Kyle Orton!

WR- Brandon Lloyd: With attention payed to Moss and Portis I think Brandon Lloyd will rack up some receptions and yards. He was pretty good on a brutal team last year.

TE- Zac Hilton: Brees likes to throw to the TE, Hilton is an up and coming guy that you can probably get late.

DE- Alex Brown: At times last year he was flat out dominate. He and the Bears defense are solid.

LB- David Pollack: Take away half of his season due to the longest holdout last year, this guy is pretty good. In the playoff game he posted 10 solos and 1 sack. He will be a great late round LB.

CB- Domonique Foxworth: Unknown and really good in Denver.

S- Michael Huff: Should be on defense alot on the Raiders. Loved this guy in college and he would be great in a keeper league.

***I took most of these guys on my dynasty team. So I am a homer.

my sleepers so far are chester taylor he could have top 5 # this year.aaron brooks is a backup qb pick with a great up side.vernon davis is the best receiver on the team.he could be the next gates.michael clayton as a 4th.he is to high risk to be picked as one of your starters.

my sleepers so far are chester taylor he could have top 5 # this year.aaron brooks is a backup qb pick with a great up side.vernon davis is the best receiver on the team.he could be the next gates.michael clayton as a 4th.he is to high risk to be picked as one of your starters.

:blink:

He could be deadly if he starts. Whoever ends up starting there will be on my sleeper list, but I am way more pumped about Wilford than Jones at this point.

:huh:

pay attention to kevin jones....i wasnt big on him before, but im starting to like him more and more...

WR Brandon Lloyd, I think he will be undervalued and hopefully slip to me.

TE Courtney Anderson - big target and Aaron Brooks has an eye for TE's

RB Laurence Maroney - I think he gets a lot of opportunities, Dillon has been a workhorse for too long.

Just because I need a QB for this list - Rex Grossman, passer friendly schedule

I wouldnt say Matt Jones is a sleeper.....since Jimmy has left all the talk has been about him....

yea i dont know if hes necessarily a sleeper now, but he will be a nice pickup in the later rounds.

The Jaguars lost all pro wide receiver Jimmy Smith to retirement this off season. That means someone has to step in and take his place. Some believe it will be Matt Jones, but I think it'll be Wilford. Ernest averaged 16.6 yards per reception last season and a TD every 6 receptions. If he can increase his production by just 50% percent he'll be a 1000 yard 10 TD receiver this season. (May-23-2006)

http://www.fftoolbox.com/profiles/profile_...?player_id=7510

The Jaguars lost all pro wide receiver Jimmy Smith to retirement this off season. That means someone has to step in and take his place. Some believe it will be Matt Jones, but I think it'll be Wilford. Ernest averaged 16.6 yards per reception last season and a TD every 6 receptions. If he can increase his production by just 50% percent he'll be a 1000 yard 10 TD receiver this season. (May-23-2006)

http://www.fftoolbox.com/profiles/profile_...?player_id=7510

dude u just posted this same exact thing in a different thread. :argue:

dude u just posted this same exact thing in a different thread. :thumbsup:

He must REALLY think its important.

Samie Parker, just for lack of anyone else. The 3rd year WR aspect is a bonus. Sound aSleeper.

J

That says alot with both J-Smooth and McCardell having played there. With that said, though, I'd feel comfortable with Jones as my #4 WR.

I guess this means we can officially label Reggie Williams a bust?????

He'll be a solid #3 in my 14-team league.

HTH

I think Rod Gardner will have a Pro Bowl year for the Packers. Put him down for 1200 receiving yards, 10 receiving TDs, and another TD pass.

I think Rod Gardner will have a Pro Bowl year for the Packers. Put him down for 1200 receiving yards, 10 receiving TDs, and another TD pass.

Well, good ole Rod's going to have to start showing up at some voluntary minicamps if he wants to be at the top of the pecking order. Driver is the unquestioned #1, but thats it. Thus far, Boerigter has been establishing chemistry with Favre and winning the confidence from his quarterback and coaches. Greg Jennings looks to potentially make a decent rookie impact as well. With Fergie and Gardner never amounting to much, these two guys have an excellent shot to win the #2 and #3 spots if Fergie and Gardner dont work and win the spots. If you want a sleeper from me this early; Id go with the guys no one is expecting: Boerigter or Jennings.

brett favre likes wr he know.so donald driver could be a better pick.i dont like this team this year.the o-line sucked last year and have not got any better.

brett favre likes wr he know.so donald driver could be a better pick.i dont like this team this year.the o-line sucked last year and have not got any better.

Driver is a better pick, but hardly a sleeper. Brett Favre's #1 target will go in the fourth round at the latest.

RB Laurence Maroney - I think he gets a lot of opportunities, Dillon has been a workhorse for too long.

:blink:

So far this year, my sleeper is Seattle's D.

They added JP and got some secondary help. Also added another Pass Rusher to the mix. That D is going to be tough, and everyone is snoozing on them.

Matt Jones is not a sleeper. :huh: Is he a potential value pick? Probably. But he is definitely not a sleeper. A sleeper is a player that may go undrafted - like M. Jones last year. :huh: