Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Round 5 Commentary

Why don't you make Shane's pick and start the blitzkreig then?

:doublethumbsup: :banana:

I'm ready to roll....

like the palmer pick a lot. he and mason were the two others i considered at my 5.3. palmer, if healthy, is the equivalent of getting manning in the 5th round (or whenever you draft him). the injury question marks are still there, but im not too worried about him. i wouldve taken him but for one reason, which i cant yet say. :doublethumbsup:

Got the man I wanted. :doublethumbsup:

It was between Heap and another RB, and a WR, but I went with Heap. I think he'll be much more consistent than the others I was considering, especially with Air McNair in town.

and there goes todd heap, the last guy i considered at 5.3. i like him a lot this year, and at first was sure i was going to surprise a few people and take him over shockey. as i looked things over, i def like shockey more, but i still like heap a lot. might only have gonzo 4th or 5th on my TE list this year. :doublethumbsup:

have to like heap though, will get decent TDs and very nice yardage, and mcnair definitely helps him a good deal.

erb, its always interesting seeing your list for one round and then seeing who you draft the next, when theres still guys high on the list available. :banana:

Surprised Palmer lasted this long. I was going to take him if he lasted that long.

i was really close to just screwing myself at RB and not bothering to get a good backup, and taking both palmer and shockey with my last two picks. it was very, very tempting, but i passed because of something a little birdie told me about QBs.

and there goes todd heap, the last guy i considered at 5.3. i like him a lot this year, and at first was sure i was going to surprise a few people and take him over shockey. as i looked things over, i def like shockey more, but i still like heap a lot. might only have gonzo 4th or 5th on my TE list this year. :lol:

have to like heap though, will get decent TDs and very nice yardage, and mcnair definitely helps him a good deal.

erb, its always interesting seeing your list for one round and then seeing who you draft the next, when theres still guys high on the list available. :(

i was really close to just screwing myself at RB and not bothering to get a good backup, and taking both palmer and shockey with my last two picks. it was very, very tempting, but i passed because of something a little birdie told me about QBs.

hehe yeah I know man. I've based my lists on the round I was picking for...then I usually change my mind based on whats available and what I think will be available in the next round. I picked Heap because I thought he would have been gone by this pick, and I think he's a very good value for where I got him, and he rounds out what I think is a pretty good lineup so far...Still have some needs but I can address them in the next round(s)...

Has anyone seen V4E around? I'd like to be able to update the Picks by Team and Position and Round...Sorry, im anal retentive about those threads heh...

so does anyone else think clash will again take a guy that all of us thought was "great value" but didnt want on our teams, so we just passed on him for 15 straight picks? :lol:

he's been big big big on the guy for a few years now. let's see if he learned anything.

I like the Branch pick there JB. I think he'll bounce back and be pretty good this year...

D'Oh....

I like the Joe Horn pick there JB. I think he'll bounce back and be pretty good this year...

wasnt :( me

i see clash around.

dang it, gotta go do the dishes now. see, THIS is why i gotta get myself a girlfriend...

Has anyone seen V4E around? I'd like to be able to update the Picks by Team and Position and Round...Sorry, im anal retentive about those threads heh...

I updated the round thread earlier, will update team soon.

whew......picks have been flying fast today like fatties at the mcdonald's drive-through....be back in a few with my pick :(

not sure what you mean nan, cuz falco's pick is in. clash is up and will pick soon.

i recommend modding out those two names in the last two threads.

Shane's last email said if he's not around in rnd 5 give him best available qb or wr...who should we go with?

honestly thinking ... or ..., as they're both usually gone by now.

Bomb gave him Palmer. :o

never mind...I'm obviously late.

we're moving a bit now.

not sure what you mean nan, cuz falco's pick is in. clash is up and will pick soon.

i recommend modding out those two names in the last two threads.

Done...again, sorry little late to the party.

never mind...I'm obviously late.

we're moving a bit now.

Done...again, sorry little late to the party.

Their names are still in the quote from remotes post, just in case you guys want to remove that one as well.

i've never been a fan of taking qbs early in any league format but i really like hasselbeck to have a career year and have him #2 on my qb board behind moon manning..best value on the board now in my opinion...there's a another qb i have right here that will probably be taken right after me....ohh here's the story of a man named.......lol

i've never been a fan of taking qbs early in any league format but i really like hasselbeck to have a career year and have him #2 on my qb board behind moon manning..best value on the board now in my opinion...there's a another qb i have right here that will probably be taken right after me....ohh here's the story of a man named.......lol

I chuckled at the last line heh....Whats your logic behind Hasselbeck taking the ball and scoring....er...having a career year?

jp losman??!

Clash picked my pocket, but I didn't have that much cash on hand :o Give me a few to regroup as i really felt Clash was going to go another direction. That is early for Clash to go Qb.

Erb, think you could have got Heap in another rnd or 2...know their was a mini-run on TEs but with tiers looking like:

Gates

Gonzo

Shockey

Next Group

Like him, but just in interest of value probably could have waited.

Erb, think you could have got Heap in another rnd or 2...know their was a mini-run on TEs but with tiers looking like:

Gates

Gonzo

Shockey

Next Group

In the June mock, we also had a minirun of TEs at pretty much the same spot, with heap going at 5.06. Doubt heap would have lasted much longer.

Gates

Gonzo

Shockey

Next Group

I might have been able to grab him in the 6th but no way does he make it to the 7th. I put him on Tier 2, and put Gonzo in 3. I think Gonzo is on the decline....but thats just me. I like Shockey better than Heap, but he went before hand, so I got the guy I wanted in the 5th, and still think I can get who I want in the 6th.

I chuckled at the last line heh....Whats your logic behind Hasselbeck taking the ball and scoring....er...having a career year?

i think the seattle offense will peak playing in the nf west loaded with bad defenses and due to the loss of hutchinson alexander won't run as well..he's due for a lower td year anyway and i think hass passes more in the red zone taking some of alexander's away....i like the addition of a certain wr to help jackson this year and look for a career year from him as well

i think the seattle offense will peak playing in the nf west loaded with bad defenses and due to the loss of hutchinson alexander won't run as well..he's due for a lower td year anyway and i think hass passes more in the red zone taking some of alexander's away....i like the addition of a certain wr to help jackson this year and look for a career year from him as well

Ah, gotchya. I cant argue with that. Good points.

disagree with nan on heap. i almost took him at 5.3, and i highly doubt heap wouldve made it to erb's next pick, with less than 0% chance of making it to his 7th.

I like Hasselback a lot this year. And for many of the reasons you stated above, I think he's in for a career year. I'll be targeting him in a lot of my leagues this year.

disagree with nan on heap. i almost took him at 5.3, and i highly doubt heap wouldve made it to erb's next pick, with less than 0% chance of making it to his 7th.

Gotta agree here. I think we saw flashes of how good Heap can be in a couple of games last year. Now add in McNair, who has a tendency to hook up with the TE often, and you have a potential for some monster numbers. I liked the Heap pick.

I might have been able to grab him in the 6th but no way does he make it to the 7th. I put him on Tier 2, and put Gonzo in 3. I think Gonzo is on the decline....but thats just me. I like Shockey better than Heap, but he went before hand, so I got the guy I wanted in the 5th, and still think I can get who I want in the 6th.

Some good pts Erb...Bomb shares your sentiments, we'll see how it plays out.

Personally I just have a couple guys in mind who can be had in 6-7 who won't may not outdo Heap but difference IMO would be neglible considering I could get them a rnd or 2 later.

I like Hasselback a lot this year. And for many of the reasons you stated above, I think he's in for a career year. I'll be targeting him in a lot of my leagues this year.

Gotta agree here. I think we saw flashes of how good Heap can be in a couple of games last year. Now add in McNair, who has a tendency to hook up with the TE often, and you have a potential for some monster numbers. I liked the Heap pick.

The thing about Heap is that Boller was his QB. He and Boller had chemistry, and Heap was his safety net, but Boller was WAY, way too inconsistent in getting Heap the ball. Heap really is a great team player. He plays hard every down and doesn't whine about Boller at all. Now with McNair in town, I expect his yardage to go up to around 900 or so, and his TDs to be about the same, but I think he will become more consistent throughout the season, instead of having a 2 TD game here and there....

and brady went next as i thought..even rc couldn't pass on his value....i know V4E would have taken him..he took him earlier in the june mock :banana:

I wanted Matt here, though I had he and Brady very close. It took me a minute to pull the trigger, for I really felt, drafting with Clash, that he was going to do something completely different. It almost made me go in a completely differerent direction though I stayed the course with my fiirst instinct. I had Hass and Brady targeted for this pick. My next pick is very cloudy right now.

miller should be here for his 2 soon, so hope you boys at the end are ready.

clash still around? if so, we may be back to falco in a heartbeat. making great progress today!

:banana:

johnson must be the wr bomb was referring to...i love his upside but am still not sold on their qb this year as their offensive line is one of the worst in the league...kubiak should help as well as the #2 wr....i can see johnson outperforming his draft position...he's very talented

AJ was the WR I thought about taking in round 5, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I had him last year and it was awful. He may rebound this year but I think there are WRs who will have breakout seasons/will be steals, that I can get later on in the draft...

miller should be here for his 2 soon, so hope you boys at the end are ready.

clash still around? if so, we may be back to falco in a heartbeat. making great progress today!

:banana:

I need to go make a visit w/someone and will be back shortly. The visit is on the way to my house. Won't be long.