Sign in to follow this  
Smokin'!!

Chicago Bears

Who will be starting along with Muhsin this year? I haven't heard much about the Bears wide receivers lately... Thanks.

Who will be starting along with Muhsin this year? I haven't heard much about the Bears wide receivers lately... Thanks.

Mark Bradley. :banana:

If things go right for him, he may be their #1 by the end of the year. :banana:

My hunch tells me that Bernard Berrian will be the surprise

receiver in Chicago this season. All will depend on Grossman

or Greise getting the ball down field. The kid has some nice

skills. Keep an eye on this guy who should go undrafted is

most drafts. :banana:

My hunch tells me that Bernard Berrian will be the surprise

receiver in Chicago this season. All will depend on Grossman

or Greise getting the ball down field. The kid has some nice

skills. Keep an eye on this guy who should go undrafted is

most drafts. :banana:

I think Berrian will come along at some point, but I think it's still a year or two away. Bradley has been very impressive since joining the team and cracked the starting lineup briefly before getting injured. I think he has the skill to be better than Muhammed this year if he pulls everything together.

The Bears offense limits any receivers production, but if it clicks this year (maybe Griese makes a difference or Grossman stays healthy) Bradley's upside could be a 70-80 catch, 850-950 yard, 5-8 TD season. He has the ability to do more, but I don't think the Bears passing game will improve enough this year to see a bigger jump in production than that at the moment.

Once Muhammed moves on, Bradley and Berrian could be a nice duo for the Bears in a couple years.

Someone that sucks based on these posts. Barrian or Bradley... ouch. I guess every young WR sucks, so maybe one of them will be better. Does grossman get to roll his wheelchair onto the field? Orton in 06 baby!

Barrian or Bradley, these are exactly the type of players that seemingly come out of nowhere every year and become fantasy stars :pointstosky: .... keep an eye on it :pointstosky:

Barrian or Bradley, these are exactly the type of players that semmingly come out of nowhere every year and become fantasy stars :pointstosky: .... keep an eye on it :pointstosky:

at a rate of about 5%...

Someone that sucks

There it is, folks.

Chicago is a WR cesspool.

If Grossman gets injured again, then I think about taking a bears WR not named Muhammed....If Griese gets thrown into the starters job, they look like very good sleepers to me. But not yet. Not with Rexkwando back there...

Barrian or Bradley, these are exactly the type of players that semmingly come out of nowhere every year and become fantasy stars ;) .... keep an eye on it :huh:

:first: This is where you can find your value.

1. Muhammed

2. Berrian

3. Bradley

4. Currie

5. gage

2 & 3 could flipflop as could 4 & 5.

Projections:

1. Muhammed (75-900-7)

2. Berrian (45-580-3)

3. Bradley (45-625-4)

4. Currie (20-280-1)

5. gage (15-150-0)

i've re-named the bears wrs this year, in honor of the famous 60s rock group, "question mark and the mysterians."

If Grossman gets injured again, then I think about taking a bears WR not named Muhammed....If Griese gets thrown into the starters job, they look like very good sleepers to me. But not yet. Not with Rexkwando back there...

even muhammed blew last year. i'm staying away from the entire lot. the bears offense is no place to get any sort of ff fix. be real.

at a rate of about 5%...

No way , Bradley has all the tools i cant say he is a cant miss guy but he is as good a prospect as

Edwards , Clayton etc.

He will be #1 in Chicago come week 3 .

I like Bradley's tools, BUT we I think its fair to say he is a risk because of his injury history at OU.

No way , Bradley has all the tools i cant say he is a cant miss guy but he is as good a prospect as

Edwards , Clayton etc.

He will be #1 in Chicago come week 3 .

not in chicago's offense. if you're talking ff, the very system the bears run sucks for ff--let alone the questionable skills of the players themselves.

anyone drafting anyone other than mush as 4-5 wr and jones or benson (another mess, btw) on the bears is a sucker.

There it is, folks.

I was gonna say something along these lines as well. Muhammed went from the #1Wr in FF to a 3rd or 4th Wr.

The only decent years I can ever recall a CHI WR having were when Booker had 100 rec for like 750 yds. :banana:

I do remember M. Robinson having that huge year from outta nowhere. I was really high on him the next year but luckily didnt get him as he did absolutely nothing and I think got hurt.

Who was the Qb in CHI that year? Im too lazt to look it up right now.

I just picked up Berrian in a deep (30 player) dynasty. There doesn't seem to be much buzz about him, even in dynasty leagues. The Bears #2 Probably isnt worth a look in redrafts.

not in chicago's offense. if you're talking ff, the very system the bears run sucks for ff--let alone the questionable skills of the players themselves.

anyone drafting anyone other than mush as 4-5 wr and jones or benson (another mess, btw) on the bears is a sucker.

Muhammed ranked #36 among WR's last season - that ranks him as a #3 WR in 12 teamers (what I'd say most people play in). And that's with a rookie QB at the helm and sporting a broken hand. There's no reason to believe he couldn't push for somewhere in the 20's with a more capable backup in Griese, and Orton having an extra year of experience.

So I'd say you're the sucker. If you get him as your #4 or #5 WR - you got yourself a bargain.

I just picked up Berrian in a deep (30 player) dynasty. There doesn't seem to be much buzz about him, even in dynasty leagues. The Bears #2 Probably isnt worth a look in redrafts.

ShanFalco, I look at this in terms of experience as well as talent.

Bradley has played in 7 games in his pro career and is injury prone.

I am not sure how this will translate into fantasy production considering

he does not even have a seasons worth of experience at this level.

Berrian on the other hand is entering his third season. He had a pretty

respectable collegiate career, and the receiver position usually takes

at least a couple of seasons before you know how well a guy can

play at this level. There are exceptions to this rule which we have

witnessed with the likes of say Moss and Boldin. I think Berrian could

be that sleeper that nobody is considering at this time for various

reasons.

Looking back at the 2005 season, I would rate both players

production a draw at best. Not much to brag about with the qb

production which translates into poor receiving stats for Moose

and all other Bear receivers. With a healthy Grossman who I feel

can throw the ball down field, as well as a vet like Greise, the

position should be stable enough to allow the Bears more offensive

options other than just run the football. I do expect one of these two

players to have somewhat of a breakout season, and my bet is on

Berrian who is entering his third season and has the talent as well

as experience. This team will have to pass more in 2006 if they

have hopes of ever winning a Championship. A one dimensional

offense, even with a stellar defense is at a disadvantage in the NFL

in my opinion. This team simply must do more.

As to the original question, Berrian is the #2 at this point based on Lovie speak. He says he liked what he did at the end of the season, and he has earned a chance to show what he can do in that role. Bradley will push for the spot depending on health, but at this point Berrian is penciled in.

Muhammed ranked #36 among WR's last season - that ranks him as a #3 WR in 12 teamers (what I'd say most people play in). And that's with a rookie QB at the helm and sporting a broken hand. There's no reason to believe he couldn't push for somewhere in the 20's with a more capable backup in Griese, and Orton having an extra year of experience.

So I'd say you're the sucker. If you get him as your #4 or #5 WR - you got yourself a bargain.

maybe so, but in the leagues i play in my #3s are better than that and usually the teams that do well and make the playoffs have #3s better than what muhammed did last year.

you're talking about a guy on the wrong side of 30, with one--one--great year in his entire career, playing in a very conservative run-oriented offense. where's the upside? there is none. hence, i stay away from guys like that altogether or take them only if they fall way down and i can get them cheap.

there isn't much to like at all on the bears offense if you're talking ff. even bear homers have to admit that.

reasons.

I agree with much of this, which is why I made a move to pick up Berrian. I expect somewhat of a "breakout" season for Berrian. I think he gets noticed more around the fantasy community, but doesn't contribute significantly to teams this year. I think his production will hinge on QB play and playcalling. Grossman's injuries have been well-documented, and until this year, the back-ups have played mediocre at best. (Orton played decently last year without much experience, but the playcalling was conservative and the focus was on winning with defense.) Now with Griese around to push Grossman, the QB play should be better this year. If the Bears realize that they can't just rely on the running game and defense and open up the passing game a little bit, Berrian could turn out to be a nice sleeper in deeper leagues. Nice assessment. :huh:

reasons.

Good assessment Cap'n. :huh:

Personally I think Bradley has more talent and upside, but Berrian has the experience for this year. Its close for now and could go either way. I wouldnt bank on either in a redraft outside of a last round flyer.

Also, why is all of your posts only on the left side of the page?

I've followed Berrian his whole collegiate career (Fresno St.) and he's been an all-around stud (WR & KR). He was injured heading into last season (broken hand or foot) so he didn't play much of the season. He showed flashes in playoffs of what he can do catching anything Grossman through around him. I like Berrian to be the future of Bear's WR. (Obviously, the Bears WRs are only as good as the # of passes that are thrown).

As rare as it is, I concur with Swamp Puppy. I like no one on Da Berz this year in FF. It's RBBC all the way (not trying to steal the thread) and I don't want a long in the horns Moose so why would I even consider any other WR in a run first O with sub par QB's?

So, the answer to the question of who is #2 is, who cares? If any of them do anything, they will be available on the WW.

There it is, folks.

Perhaps a tad strong but I generally agree. I'll only look at Chi wr's on the free agent list and only after they figure out their qb situation.

As rare as it is, I concur with Swamp Puppy. I like no one on Da Berz this year in FF. It's RBBC all the way (not trying to steal the thread) and I don't want a long in the horns Moose so why would I even consider any other WR in a run first O with sub par QB's?

So, the answer to the question of who is #2 is, who cares? If any of them do anything, they will be available on the WW.

I draft players I do not like all of the time. I hate the coach, the quarterback, the offense,

and the list goes on. My only concerns when I take a player is how many points by

years end can I accumulate with this particular player over the next guy available.

I also understand that if the player is more likely to be on the wire after the draft,

one may just take a wait and see approach. Nothing wrong with this at all except that

if your hunch on a player is correct, and he does go off, your entire league may

also be interested him. Personally, if I have the roster spot at the end of the draft,

I take the player right there. After 15 or 16 rounds of drafting, you are not leaving

anything on the table by doing so. Take the shot. These are the types of players

that come out of nowhere, so why not look brighter than everyone in your league

when the guy busts out. And if he busts, who cares? You can always unload him.

This should hold true with any player that you have a feeling may break out. Do

not be shy about it, just draft the guy. Why give others the opportunity when he can

be had in the draft? I make guys like this my last pick in every draft, and a few have

actually carried a position when the studs get injured. I love it when the guys I draft

with scratch their heads in wonder. I can actually hear them yell out HE TOOK WHO!

lol B) Then at the end of the season, your looking down the standings 10 or 11

spots saying yeah, I TOOK WHO! LOL

Damn, yall must be in some deep leagues.

Chicago's #2 WR??? I'd sooner draft a back-up kicker.

Damn, yall must be in some deep leagues.

Chicago's #2 WR??? I'd sooner draft a back-up kicker.

agreed. seriously.

agreed. seriously.

maybe so, but you wouldnt draft a Bear if he guarenteed you 1600 yards a season. Your viewpoint is tainted and irrelavent. No need to post, seriously. :P

maybe so, but you wouldnt draft a Bear if he guarenteed you 1600 yards a season. Your viewpoint is tainted and irrelavent. No need to post, seriously. :banana:

you're dead wrong. i've owned plenty of bears, packers, and viking players in ff. there's a reason i've never missed the playoffs ever in ff: i don't dismiss players unless they suck. my football loyalties have nothing to do with it.

it just so happens that the bear offense blows for ff this year. but you go load up on em, walt. :P

and i most certainly would take a good second kicker over the bears #2 wr (whoever that will be).

But sometimes make trades or have injuries that leave you scrambling for a servicable WR...

wrs as good as the bears 2 wr can be found on the waiver wire all season long. in fact, probably better.

:banana:

not sure why you're getting your nose out of joint. again, load up on dem bears, walt. prove us all wrong and show us the ff powerhouse that is the bears offense.

and i never said i'd own a lion wr other than roy, either. but as this thread is about bear wrs, that's probably why :banana:

not sure why you're getting your nose out of joint. again, load up on dem bears, walt. prove us all wrong and show us the ff powerhouse that is the bears offense.

and i never said i'd own a lion wr other than roy, either. but as this thread is about bear wrs, that's probably why :banana:

I'm just pushing your buttons and you're biting the bait. I dont plan on drafting Bear WRs either.

I will offer the 1st sig bet of the year however. The Bear WR2 will out FF point the Lion WR2, whomever they may be on either team.

1 pt for 10 yds

6 pts for TD

1 pt per rec

Say you?

I'm just pushing your buttons and you're biting the bait. I dont plan on drafting Bear WRs either.

I will offer the 1st sig bet of the year however. The Bear WR2 will out FF point the Lion WR2, whomever they may be on either team.

1 pt for 10 yds

6 pts for TD

1 pt per rec

Say you?

is the criteria just whomever happens to have the second-highest wr stats on either team? that'd be about the only way to do it, even though theoritically guys like mush and roy could end up having the #2 stats if various scenarios play out.

but yeah, okay. say a month sig of the winner's choosing come january? just as long as it stays good-natured and doesn't get into the ugly stuff (i.e. board banning/suicide).

is the criteria just whomever happens to have the second-highest wr stats on either team? that'd be about the only way to do it, even though theoritically guys like mush and roy could end up having the #2 stats if various scenarios play out.

but yeah, okay. say a month sig of the winner's choosing come january? just as long as it stays good-natured and doesn't get into the ugly stuff (i.e. board banning/suicide).

1 week will suffice. The off season is young and more wagers will likely follow.

Yes, the interpretation is correct. Whoever is each teams #2 WR by the end of the reg season in FF pts. Roy and Mush are likely #1s, but they could be #2 possibly.

Most likely, its whoever is the best out of Bradley, Berrian, Rogers, MW, Bradford, Vines, etc

More than happy to put the running game, defence on the line.

Benson vs BMW, whatevere ...

1 week will suffice. The off season is young and more wagers will likely follow.

Yes, the interpretation is correct. Whoever is each teams #2 WR by the end of the reg season in FF pts. Roy and Mush are likely #1s, but they could be #2 possibly.

Most likely, its whoever is the best out of Bradley, Berrian, Rogers, MW, Bradford, Vines, etc

More than happy to put the running game, defence on the line.

Benson vs BMW, whatevere ...

okay.

that's good enough for now--let's not get carried away: i'm predicting 3rd place for the lions and i certainly wouldn't wager the lions overall rush offense versus the bears overall rush offense at this point. :unsure: