Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Round 9 Commentary

I was hoping Reggie Brown would fall to me at the corner.....he did fall this far in the June Mock, but there were quite a few WRs picked in the past two rounds as Bomb predicted there would be. Muhammad was another guy I was looking at. Porter is o.k.....could do well if Moss is limited again this year. Otherwise, he'll just be one of a number of WRs I'm going to throw on the roster to see what I can compile.

I really wanted Marion Barber....glad to get him. I like having obvious handcuffs for my running backs and Barber is that for an often injured Jones.

Kinda suprised Favre lasted that long, but I think its a good value. Dont see him having a great year at all, but I'd expect about 23 or 24 TDs from him.

I was hoping Reggie Brown would fall to me at the corner.....he did fall this far in the June Mock, but there were quite a few WRs picked in the past two rounds as Bomb predicted there would be. Muhammad was another guy I was looking at. Porter is o.k.....could do well if Moss is limited again this year. Otherwise, he'll just be one of a number of WRs I'm going to throw on the roster to see what I can compile.

I really wanted Marion Barber....glad to get him. I like having obvious handcuffs for my running backs and Barber is that for an often injured Jones.

I love the Porter pick. I think Oaklands WR Corps is more solid than what Brooks had in New Orleans, and I expect big things from them. Brooks is a dumbass but he can throw a solid ballgame....

well, porter was the last of my 3 WRs i was looking at, so that made this easy, but i was going to take favre anyways. with vick, having a good backup QB is necessary. favre was far and away the top QB left on my board, by 20 or 30 points, and hes also a guy who i know is going to play every game. i actaully have him exactly equal with vick by projection, and im sure i would use him quite a bit since he has a very soft schedule. both favre and vick are very much play-the-matchup type QBs. i would probably end up playing them like this:

1 - vick @ carolina

2 - favre vs NO

3 - vick @ NO / favre @ detroit

4 - vick vs arizona

5 - favre vs st louis

6 - vick vs ny giants

7 - favre @ miami

8 - favre vs arizona

9 - vick @ detroit

10 - vick vs cleveland

11 - favre vs new england

12 - vick vs new orleans

13 - favre vs ny jets

14 - favre @ SF

15 - favre vs detroit

16 - favre vs minnesota / vick vs carolina

extra bonus that one of favre's games vs chicago is week 17 when it doesnt matter. thats 9 starts by favre and 7 for vick, assuming i award them each one of the toss-up matchups. thats why favre is more valuable to me than someone like porter or another WR i couldve taken here, who wouldve only plaeyd 4-5 times all season. thats actaully a pretty tasty combo right there. look at it once, and tell me im not going to get excellent point production out of my QBs, just as good as having anyone like hasselbeck or eli or bulger. every matchup in there is fingerlicking good except weeks 7 and 11.

Gado eh? Interesting pick there. Man seems like he can run but that RBBC situation there is ugly.

Looks like my plan worked for once, as both guys I wanted fell to me.

One was wr the other was Gado.

With my wrs I feel I don't necessarily need a strong 4 or 5, and either way there's still some wrs left I like that could fill those roles fine.

Now with Portis and Foster/Rhodes/Gado in tow, I'm just playing the odds and if 1 does well, keeps/earns starting spot in their respective teams I'm good, 2-3 (with 3 being unlikely) I'm gold.

I loved Ahman when he was coming into his own back when he took over the starting role but just feel mileage and this injury are too much for him to come back from and be productive.

Gado was very good when he took over even with that horrible OL, amassing 650totyds/7tds (4.1ypc) in 7 starts...if you're doing the math that's about 1600totyds/16tds projected over a season

I'd be surprised to get those numbers but even 1300totyds/9-11tds is realistic and would be fine with.

Bomb YGM. It wont let me PM anyone and NAn's email is set to private...

I'm out.

Bomb YGM. It wont let me PM anyone and NAn's email is set to private...

I'm out.

got it.

re: gado. no use for him. wouldve taken him in the 11th or 12th as a yawner. i saw him play a few times last year and wasnt too impressed. hes about the 4th most talented RB on the team. guess you like him quite a bit, i just dont really know why.

i saw -jb- in here earlier, listed on the bottom of the mocking station, but not a post from him all day far as i can tell. what are we doing about that? do we find an alternate, or just have a consensus pick, or what? he doesnt really have any consensus needs anymore, so its not going to be easy to just consensus pick for a spot in the middle each time, since that would mean one of us drafting a RB/WR that we'd probably like for ourselves.

A bit of a reach for McNair, but I suspect once the real drafts approach he will creep up in drafts and be drafted around the 8th or 9th round.

What really screwed me was that minirun on QBs when CPep, Vick and Bledsoe all went. Then I was hoping to get Brooks here in the 9th, but settled for McNair.

got it.

re: gado. no use for him. wouldve taken him in the 11th or 12th as a yawner. i saw him play a few times last year and wasnt too impressed. hes about the 4th most talented RB on the team. guess you like him quite a bit, i just dont really know why.

i saw -jb- in here earlier, listed on the bottom of the mocking station, but not a post from him all day far as i can tell. what are we doing about that? do we find an alternate, or just have a consensus pick, or what? he doesnt really have any consensus needs anymore, so its not going to be easy to just consensus pick for a spot in the middle each time, since that would mean one of us drafting a RB/WR that we'd probably like for ourselves.

Perhaps we should recruit someone from the mange bored?

Perhaps we should recruit someone from the mange bored?

too hard, because we would have to wait for him to have access here.

and here's jb's pick again. im wondering if we shouldnt just draft him a backup QB like BL and just keep on moving.

too hard, because we would have to wait for him to have access here.

and here's jb's pick again. im wondering if we shouldnt just draft him a backup QB like BL and just keep on moving.

I'm fine with that.

I'm fine with that.

i see the bottom 3 here, but no clash yet today. if he shows and we know we could knock out those 8 picks, then i say we give him BL for a backup QB.

i see the bottom 3 here, but no clash yet today. if he shows and we know we could knock out those 8 picks, then i say we give him BL for a backup QB.

Believe me, he knows where we're at in this draft. He'll show when you need him.

thanks for the pick bomb. im back online for another 2 hours, but I doubt the next round will come around.

got it.

LOL, love ya bomb, but you kill me...not just this pick of rb, but any of the last 10 and any moving forward.

We're looking at nothing but rbbc and b/ups...ANY rb at this pt is going to have their question marks.

Can't wait till your 4th rb and how you explain him into being a starter.

Just have to agree to disagree about his talent level, b/c I was impressed with what I saw last yr...both statisically (3 of 7 games for 100yds, 6 of 7 with at least 1td) but from a football perspective as well.

Anyway, pt again, is I'm playing the odds and just need 1 of 3 to pan out and be happy with this squad.

LOL, love ya bomb, but you kill me...not just this pick of rb, but any of the last 10 and any moving forward.

We're looking at nothing but rbbc and b/ups...ANY rb at this pt is going to have their question marks.

Can't wait till your 4th rb and how you explain him into being a starter.

Just have to agree to disagree about his talent level, b/c I was impressed with what I saw last yr...both statisically (3 of 7 games for 100yds, 6 of 7 with at least 1td) but from a football perspective as well.

Anyway, pt again, is I'm playing the odds and just need 1 of 3 to pan out and be happy with this squad.

i just dont think gado is even going to be the backup in green bay, maybe not even the third string guy. there are a handful of other very talented RBs left who i know would step in and be a good fantasy player. im not sure that gado would, and im not even sure he'll get that chance. have to agree to disagree here as you said. i kinda think you couldve got him in a few rounds, but maybe im wrong.

what do you think we should do about jb? sorry if im making a lot of noise, just trying to help out and keep this moving. let me know if im steppign on toes at all.

Man waiting for JB to pick is getting very....suspenseful? :thumbsdown:

Headed home for the day. Sorry I haven't been more involved in the discussions.....work has been busy. I do think this is a very interesting draft and I hope to have more to say about it as time allows.

Good job so far, guys! :banana:

i just dont think gado is even going to be the backup in green bay, maybe not even the third string guy. there are a handful of other very talented RBs left who i know would step in and be a good fantasy player. im not sure that gado would, and im not even sure he'll get that chance. have to agree to disagree here as you said. i kinda think you couldve got him in a few rounds, but maybe im wrong.

what do you think we should do about jb? sorry if im making a lot of noise, just trying to help out and keep this moving. let me know if im steppign on toes at all.

Again I feel he is talented enough, but let's say he's not: it could come down to opportunity:

Ahman...will he be back/the same after injury?

Najeh...kid cant' stay healthy with a partial load, doubt he could do it as the man.

Hendeson's a FB and not buying the Heron hype.

No sure things there, so why Gado? Why not?

eh gado's decent enough. theres just about 5 RBs, maybe 10, that i'd rather have. and i still think he wouldve been there in another round or two. hes pretty low on my list of backup RBs to consider. is there anyone else that wouldve taken him soon? just wondering.

ETA - lol, im sorry, i love our bantering, but i just dont care enough about gado to even really get into the spirit of things. :-)

eh gado's decent enough. theres just about 5 RBs, maybe 10, that i'd rather have. and i still think he wouldve been there in another round or two. hes pretty low on my list of backup RBs to consider. is there anyone else that wouldve taken him soon? just wondering.

ETA - lol, im sorry, i love our bantering, but i just dont care enough about gado to even really get into the spirit of things. :-)

I would have in round 9 or 10 of the June Mock. The recent news on his failure to pick up the zone blocking scheme has moved him down on my list, as herron seems to be turning some heads with his grasp of it. Coach Speak? Maybe? Motivation for the others? Probably

I'm headed home. will check back in about 30 mins.

I would have in round 9 or 10 of the June Mock. The recent news on his failure to pick up the zone blocking scheme has moved him down on my list, as herron seems to be turning some heads with his grasp of it. Coach Speak? Maybe? Motivation for the others? Probably

I'm headed home. will check back in about 30 mins.

See this is why I do these things b/c I actually heard the opposite, that he was only one to previously use the zone blocking scheme and was doing well with it.

Herron, impressed of practice squad, but is taking reps at hb and fb...more of trying to find a spot for him than anything.

If I'm off, please let me know.

And LOL, no worries bomb with no energy to discuss a guy you don't care about...we'll save it for a player we both feel more strongly about.

List sent to Bomb via AIM

im about to go on supper break so i'll be back at my room, but otherwise im mostly at work during the day, so email is usually best since i dotn have AIM here.

im about to go on supper break so i'll be back at my room, but otherwise im mostly at work during the day, so email is usually best since i dotn have AIM here.

I'm around for em

I'm around for em

clarification - i can still make the picks. just meant that unless im home for lunch or supper break, im workign 10-12 hour days and dont have IM there, so email is best. have net access pretty much all day though, til friday. im hoping we're done before saturday though, and we ought to be.

I'M HEAR....gimme a few to catch up and make a pick

dance fool dance :lol:

:clap: Be sure to draft A helmet...er....handcuff for Ben

edited for secrecy! :lol:

:lol: Be sure to draft Charlie Batch as a helmet...er....handcuff for Ben

no names of people who havent been drafted yet!!!

:lol: :clap: :clap:

no names of people who havent been drafted yet!!!

:clap: :clap: :lol:

All better :lol:

Now wheres remote?

On to round 10. I like the Miller pick. Might not have alot of yardage, but the TDs will go up a couple this year I think.