Sign in to follow this  
digphish

Vick or McNabb

Who is going to have a better season this year. Vick or McNabb? I've seen Vick ranked as high as 4 and as low as 11, and McNabb as high as 2, and as low as 15. What do you guys think?

Is this a serious question? :P Its not even worth posting who I think is better.

Seriously.

I'll go with the only QB to ever throw for 30 Tds and less than 10 ints in a season.

McNabb, and it isn't even close for me.

Agreed, but if you want McNabb you will need to grab him somewhere between mid 4 through early 5, and Vick can be had rounds, I mean rounds later.

I am very high on McNabb this season. He and Westbrook have major chips on their shoulders do to the TO debacle. They have to be seeking retribution.

I may be the only idiot who disagrees, BUT with a disclaimer. One league I am in only does 3 pts for Pass TD's. When you factor in running yards (where McNabb continues to diminish and Vick is SUPPOSED to be given more chances) and 6 pts for Rush TD's, they are closer to even. Considering both come with equal injury factor (IMO) and the Atlanta WR's continue to develop (and Philly has questions) then Vick has the higher up side. It depends how you score from what I see.

The only way Vick is better is if there are ridiculous bonuses for QB rushing stats. Otherwise it is unquestionably McNabb.

I play in a PPR league that penelizes 2 pts. for turnovers, 1 pt for 25y passing, 1 pt. for 10y rushing, and 6 pts. for any TD. Multiple times last year Vick posted a negative score. In my league, which has a pretty standard scoring system, I wouldn't even draft Vick this year.

The only way Vick is better is if there are ridiculous bonuses for QB rushing stats. Otherwise it is unquestionably McNabb.

I play in a PPR league that penelizes 2 pts. for turnovers, 1 pt for 25y passing, 1 pt. for 10y rushing, and 6 pts. for any TD. Multiple times last year Vick posted a negative score. In my league, which has a pretty standard scoring system, I wouldn't even draft Vick this year.

Vick for me.

First off, as someone else said you can't get him much later in the draft. That helps the RB situation for your team.

Secondly, McNabb and Vick started out the same out of college as running QB's that took a few years to develop into good passers. Well while McNabb has had Reid for his entire career, Vick is just now at the stage in learning the WCO that he should have it down.

Thirdly, he did show some glimpses of his passing skills improving late in the season as well as those young stud WR's starting to step up. McNabb has Reggie Brown as his probably #1 WR this year, that isn't inspiring to me.

Fourth, Reid has said that they will run the ball more this year come hell or high water, that cuts into McNabb's numbers a little.

Fifth, the Eagles didn't win one single division game last year which is where McNabb used to pile up his stats. That division was tough last year and everyone improved this offseason except for the Eagles.

Now as to who the better QB is, well that isn't even a question. But the better situation and the one with the most upside is a real toss up and I would take the risk with Vick.

Atlanta is a rushing team.

Eagles are a passing team. (even if they do run more this year)

Many more arguments can be made here. This is not even close.

Vick for me.

First off, as someone else said you can't get him much later in the draft. That helps the RB situation for your team.

The question is which QB will be better this year, not which is a better value on draft day. Frankly, I think it depends upon the draft. I usually wait until the middle rounds to grab a QB, but I'd pull the trigger if my #2 ranked QB (Donovan) is still there in the 5th.

Nice! Vick baby! No, for real....you gotta go McNabb for your starter. I like for Vick to have his best year yet, just wait!

Is this a serious question? :unsure: Its not even worth posting who I think is better.

but you post that its not worth posting who you think is better :ninja: :ninja:

Personally i think mcnabb>>>>>vick

Neither one. I'd rather take a chance on Bledsoe or Warner. McNabb will have the better numbers. I rather draft a wr, rb, or quality te.

Neither one. I'd rather take a chance on Bledsoe or Warner. McNabb will have the better numbers. I rather draft a wr, rb, or quality te.

That wasn't the question. Sure I'll take Manning...... :banana:

I'd take McNabb over Vick, but Vick is a steal where's he being drafted. He's was top 5 in scoring last year and has been over 250 points both of the past 2 years.

More points = McNabb

Better Value = Vick

I'd take McNabb over Vick, but Vick is a steal where's he being drafted. He's was top 5 in scoring last year and has been over 250 points both of the past 2 years.

More points = McNabb

Better Value = Vick

:D

I am in a keeper auction league. I've had Vick since he was in the league, and have been offered McNabb for my 2 rookie picks next year. I have had Vick so long, that it is hard to let go of him. Playing the odds, there is a better chance of him exploding this year (even though I say that every year). McNabb should be the better pick here, but his supporting cast...

throw for 30 Tds

Well, that definitely rules out Vick.

Vick's not even the best quarterback on his own team. I would draft McNabb over Vick any day of the week.

Vick is a steal where's he being drafted. He's was top 5 in scoring last year

I'm not sure where you're getting this.....he wasn't anywhere near the top five in any of my leagues. Please explain........

More points = McNabb

Better Value = Vick

Vick hasn't even sniffed top ten in any of my leagues lately. Unless a league gives bonus points for anyone wearing number "7", Vick will always be one of those guys who's drafted too early because of what people see on the highlight reel.

uhm lets see, mcnabb is a proven warrior and puts up great #s consistently

vick may go down in history as the most overrated player ever and has never throw 3 tds in a game or for 300 yards (btw shaub did both in a game last year)

is this really debatable ?

I have never seen a more clear cut example of why you should include the scoring rules in a thread. If it's "traditional scoring" where Qb's only get 4 pts for a passing TD... I'd say that it becomes a lot closer and Vick may represent better value. And why is everyone banking on McNabb getting it done? The argument of "McNabb never had receivers before, so why should it matter now?" is somewhat true... but at the same time, Thrash and Lewis got it done. I like LJ Smith... but I am not high on Mr. "Lost the ball in the lights so I ducked" Pinkston and neither Brown or Lewis have shown anything in their careers to allow me to have any confidence in them. And they still haven't really addressed their big problem in running the football they had last year.

Vick's not even the best quarterback on his own team. I would draft McNabb over Vick any day of the week.

:thumbsup:

Everyone's under the assumption that Vick's gonna turn into a better passer because the coaching has changes.

If he hasn't shown an ability to pass the ball effectively by now, why do people believe he's gonna do it now?

He's a running back playing QB. Certain teams (like the Eagles, Bucs, and Panthers) have shown the blueprint to stop his ground game. The NFL is a league of copycats, and the rest of the league will catch up with him.