Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Post a player and I'll tell you what I think he'll do this year.

Ahman Green, RB, Packers

I don't really like Green Bay's offense this year. The did, however, at least try to address their offensive line. I was hoping Mike Sherman was the one who pissed on Lombardi's grave, but apparently not because Sherman's gone and Ahman Green still can't get healthy. Fortunately, the guy is still pretty young believe it or not, and not even Ahman can stay hurt forever. I don't expect much out of him, however, training camp is when you really get in shape. It's not like basketball where you get into shape while you play. If you're fat like Lendale, you won't get in shape until you stop getting your big fat ass beat on every week. Because of that, I think he gets healthy and he starts all year, but doesn't dazzle us. Solid third rounder.

Jamal Lewis, RB, Ravens

Jamal ran flat out lazy last year. I hope for his sake he was hurt because if he runs like that this year Mike Anderson is going to be a god damned pro bowler. You know how people say, "you can't teach height," well you can teach laziness, and somehow Jamal learned all about it. One other thing you can't teach is hard work, though. In fact, I think people who work hard don't even know they are working hard until somebody tells them. Then they get this whole mindset like, "Oh I didn't realize I was working so hard. Let me cut it back a little." Then once you cut it back it's all over. It's too hard to get the motivation back. That's what I think happened to Jamal. I think he comes out running lazy again this year and then Mike Anderson takes his job. Week 8 he gets traded to Denver and then he's got something to prove. OK that trade thing probably won't happen, Nate Burelson's burly son, so you don't have to come in and say, "Yeah right, he's really going to get traded," and roll your eyes and crap. The point is he'll be a bad number 2 runningback and good bye week fill in.

No eye rolling or crap here, but I'm not convinced he'll be a bad #2. Last year's slump can be directly linked to his incarceration IMO. The Raven's offense is going to look like a completely different animal with McNair running it. Lewis has the talent, and he's more than proven himself in the past, if he can produce even halfway between his best year and worst year, he'll put up great #'s for a #2. Say you pick 1st and have to wait 20-22 spots before taking a 2nd back. I'd bite.

Joseph Addai - RB - Indianapolis Colts

There's much controversy surrounding this young man and his role in the Colts offense. Even though Addai may very well be the better runningback, I believe Rhodes will enter the season as the starting runningback simply because he is productive when he is healthy, and I believe as long as he stays healthy he will be productive in the Colts offense. Any runningback in the Colts offense is going to be productive. You see, teams don't change things around when they are winning, and the Colts should be winning next year. I see Addai getting about 100-150 carries this year and Rhodes getting about 200-250 carries on a Barlow Garrison Hearst type deal from a few years back or a Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson when Vermeil was trying to keep Holmes healthy.

Verdict: RBBC

Wow, a swing and a miss right out of the gate :doublethumbsup:

Kellen Winslow JR, TE, Browns

He still plays for the Browns. I don't think he's played a meaningful game in 2 years. He's shown that he has attitude problems. Three strikes and he's out. Someone else can have him.

Chris Chambers, WR, Dolphins

Chambers is my mystery 5th top 5 receiver. A good symbiotic relationship is hard to come by, but that's what the Dolphins have. They are very balanced, but what I like about Chambers is that not only is he a deep threat, but he's also a good target near the goalline. Added bonus, Culpepper only likes to throw to 1 receiver per season.

Roy Williams, WR, Lions

Roy! Roy! Roy's their man. If he can't do it no one can. The Lions receivers all have a bad wrap thanks to Mike Williams and Carlos Rogers and Joey Harrington and let's throw Kevin Jones in their too. Roy, however, has done nothing but be a solid football player. They've upgraded their qb play with either Kitna or McCown, so I think he'll break double digits in TDs. Surprise, surprise that would make him a top 10 wideout. Who knew? :thumbsdown:

It just occurred to me that you might be getting most of these comments from the AOL fantasy player comments, which are often pretty funny. I checked and that doesn't seem to be the case, but it would have been pretty hilarious if you were.

Anquan Boldin, WR, Cardinals

The other half of the best recieving core in football (Yeah, I'm looking at you Indy). I still remember his first ever game where he caught something like 19 passes for 271 yards. Two things you can always count on from Florida State. Good linebackers and good wide receivers not named Snoop and also a few felonies per year. He'll play the Isaac Bruce to Fitzgerald's Torry Holt circa 1999. This is not a bad thing. It's a good thing. Perhaps even glorious. I have Fitzgerald as a top 5 guy. Boldin is just a tier lower. they aren't going to lead the league in pass attempts this year not they have Edge, so we can't expect both Fitz and Boldin to get to be as explosive as last year. By the way, I watched an old USC game from last year, and I really looked at Leinart. He doesn't throw the deep ball very well at all. Hopefully he won't fock up a good thing.

Marvin Harrison, WR, Colts

This could be a 2004 type year for the Colts. without Edge I have to think they start slinging the ball all over the field. Unfortunately, the Colts have learned from their arch nemesis, the Patriots, that you can't just throw to one recevier all year and win consistently. I think the years of 100+ catches are over. I guess that gives us all another reason to hate the Pats, but don't worry that little three yard out they run on the goalline alot is good enough keep Harrison as a stud receiver.

LJ Smith, TE, Eagles

I don't think LJ has much value this year. The Eagles finally drafted a decent wide reciever. Then they added Gaffney, who I believe is a little underrated. I see the targets getting distributed to Westbrook first, Brown and Gaffney second and third. Then LJ, but you figure McNabb will complete about 300 passes this year. 100 are going to the runningbacks. Split about 150 between the wide receivers. Then you have another 50 or so passes to give to split up between Schoebel and LJ. That's not so good odds.

Brian Westbrook, RB, Eagles

I guess we have an Eagle theme going. I think Westbrook is the only guy on this offense I would draft before round 7. The great thing about him is doesn't necessarily get all the touches, but he gains a lot of yards everytime they give it to him, and now that Owens is gone, you have to think westbrook is their primary weapon on offense. Give him 275 touches at an average of 5 yards per touch. That's like what 1400 yards? That's good, but I don't think the Eagles are going to have enough firepower to get the ball in the endzone, so I think 6 TDs is a reasonable estimate. I know there are some grumblings about Moats, but let's be real here. Westbrook has been nothing but great the last two years. Moats won't break 75 carries.

Brandon Lloyd, WR, Redskins

He'll end up being everybody's sleeper candidate this year which will take him from underhyped to overhyped by preseason game 2. Who can forget that awesome highlight video h had where they showed that one good catch from 5 different angles about 15 times. My head says he will do well this year, but I already see the signs that everyone is picking him to step it up a notch this year which of course means he'll probably be a total failure. He does exhibit the tell-tale signs of the primadonna complex that most good wide receivers have. He likes to throw his qb under the bus. He gets argumentative in interviews. He thinks he is way better than he is. That should carry him to a decent seaason, but let it be known that the red zone is Portis' territory so while the yardage may look nice, he won't have as many TDs as you would want from your 1 or 2 wide reciever.

Willie Parker, RB, Steelers

Feast or famine thanks to the goalline vulturing that goes on in Pitt. You'll need him to score from 10 yards out to be effective. He's not going to do that every game. Plus I think they limit his per game carries some. Probably mix in Duce to keep Willie fresh since he broke down just a little bit last year. I wouldn't call him a great number 2, but he won't kill you as the number 2 back either.

Deuce McAllister, RB, Saints

Normally I wouldn't care if Bush was there, but with Deuce coming off an injury and looking a little fat quite honestly, I think Bush ends up being the third down back and you know every screen they throw is going to Bush, so you're looking at Deuce getting the between the tackles work and goalline stuff, but few receptions. Now we just need to figure out how many carries he's going to get. 300 is pushing it, obviously, but I can see anywhere from 175-225 with Bush getting the other 100. That's no good for yards, but his TD numbers should make him a decent bye week fill-in for your guys.

your obviously not here for anwsers either. Dont start a topic saying you will give your opinion of players and stop doing it. I understand its time consuming and there are many but maybe you should not have started the topic.

what a hater, its ok that maybe somebody here knows a little more than football than u do, relax. The guy is trying to help everybody out and u have to put up a wack statement, didnt u ask about a player as well?? You seem like the type of guy that would hook up with his best friends girl and bash him to her.

NICE WORK nobody

so let me get this straight... favre is going to finish 500+ yards and 4 TDs lower than his previous career lows during a 14 year career?

Yea that projection is stupid.....but hey everyone has opinions....even if they arn't good ones...

Kevin Curtis, WR, Rams

He has the ability to start for many teams. Unfortunately he has to play behind two of the best wide receivers of the last 15 or so years. The Rams actually cut Bruce earlier in the offseason before resigning him for less money. That says to me that they have confidence in Curtis, but there is no way they are going to sit Bruce for him. It just doesn't happen, even though in this case it probably should. Unless someone gets hurt, he'll still be paying his dues this year and not worth as much as he should be. Don't fall in love with his production from last year. Most of it came when Holt or Bruce was out with injury.

Julius Jones, RB, Cowboys

Apparently, he's the loose cannon homerun threat to Marion Barber's consistent solid production. There are too many questions surrounding him to seriously consider taking him before the third unless I'm desperate. You have Parcells gushing over Barber hinting at RBBC. You have his injury history. Than you have the below average O-line. At a minimum Barber is probably going to steal goalline carries. What a waste.

what a hater, its ok that maybe somebody here knows a little more than football than u do, relax. The guy is trying to help everybody out and u have to put up a wack statement, didnt u ask about a player as well?? You seem like the type of guy that would hook up with his best friends girl and bash him to her.

NICE WORK nobody

:bench:

Jeeeeezus......just now caught this thread.

Nice copy and paste job.......not sure why you didnt entitle the thread:

"Ask me about a player and ill go rip info from some site and paste it in here becasue youre too lazy to look yourself"

"Ask me about a player and ill go rip info from some site and paste it in here becasue youre too lazy to look yourself"

These are all my original thoughts. Where do you think I copied anything from?

good for me either way; thanks for the thoughts, nobody.

Maybe I missed these guy??? Holt & Fitzgerald

Frisman Jackson, WR, Browns

He's playing behind Braylon Edwards, Dennis Northcutt, and now Joe Very-Vicious on one of the worst offenses in the league. I think the Browns passing offense is going to stink this year. You figure with a young quarterback they are going to lean on Drougns and Suggs and I guess Willie Green when he's not toking it up. I don't see why Frisman should be drafted in any leagues ever, but I'm sure he's good person and solid in the community.

Torry Holt

He's very good at football. He's my number 1 rated receiver this year. He would have been the number 1 receiver in all the land last year if it wasn't for the injuries to not only himself, but also Bulger. Now that they have a coach he understadns that you don't need to throw the ball every single play, Bulger will stay erect. Which will help me stay erect over Holt's numbers this year.

Larry Fitgzgerald

I've thought long and hard about the Cardinals this year. Look for the number of pass attempts for the Cardinals to tail off this year now that they have Edge. That will obviously effect his yards and TDs. I don't know if people know this but the Cardinals led the league in pass attempts last year. I attriute that to the lack of a proficient ball carrier. What I foresee, however, is Fitz going down in yards, but benefitting from a more balanced offense by scoring more TDs.

Taco Wallace, WR, Seahawks

With a name like Taco how can he not shine. Oh yeah, because he'll never see the field. I don't believe anyone would even keep him on their team in a dynasty league. I do think he'll have one catch this year. Bobby Engram gets hurt, so Taco gets promoted from the practice squad. Then Nate Burleson goes down, so Taco moves up to number four on the depth chart. The following week, while getting blown out by the 49ers, the Seahwks go to the spread formation. Hasselbeck drops back and throws to Itula Mili, but it careens off his shoulder pad and high into the air. Taco, who is running the wrong route ends up 5 yards behind Mili and catches the ball off the bounce and is immediately tackled for a 14 yard gain... First down.

I added a key to the front page pretty much so I can keep track of which guys I've already hit.

I can't speak for nobody, but I'd say CJ, TO, TH, LF and pickem'. I applaud nobody for not thinking that 10 guys will be in the top 5 like a lot of people seem to. :blink:

Nobody, very nice work here. I have read nobodys insights for years and have grown to respect his views. Tj is another poster that has established himself over the years as a top notch fantasy poster. To have both these posters offering insight in one thread is about as good a 1-2 punch as you can get.

Rudi Johnson, RB, Bengals

I think people give him just a little too much credit. He's a good back and I think he's an adequate number 1, but I'd prefer him as my number 2. I guess that's a pretty obvious statement, but the thing about Rudi is he has great games, but he also has crappy games. The offense is a bit pass heavy, so he doesn't hit 100 yards all that much, but there is something to be said for a guy you can be very confident will carry the ball in that 18-23 per game range. I put him in that 9-12 range this year.

Willis McGahee, RB, Bills

The only problem with Willis is that the Bills can't score touchdowns. I guess as problems go, that's a pretty big one. He's more talented than his numbers show. It's like he is being suffocated by the ineptitude of the offense. I don't see that changing this year unfortunately. Most people won't be able to draft him becasue people are going to fall in love with his potential and rationalize his situation. We aren't going to do that, though.

Barlow/Gore, RB, 49ers

Gore is the really chic pick in this draft, and I think I'm going to drink from the Gore flavored kool-aid, too. He's flat out a better football player than Barlow. Barlow always struck me as a guy that I would describe as thinking he was entitled. It's like he's always been good every where he went so he never had to work for anything. The talent level catches up to him and now he doesn't know how to work for the competitive edge. Gore, however, in the limited action I've seen him last year was like some sort of unchained beast when ever he touched the ball. He always needed to be gang tackled. He looked really explosive. It was nice. While I think Gore is the better back. It's still the 49ers and Barlow is still there, so it would be foolish to expect too much. Gore will take over as the featured back this year, and I want to say he will be solid as your number 3. I don't even think I'd draft Barlow ever. I wouldn't even want the temptation of starting him. It's also important to temper your enthusiasm fro the guys that blew up for a few games last year. we've learned our lesson with the likes of Kevin and Julius Jones. If you have Gore, keep him. If you want to draft him, I don't think you'll be stricken dead drafting him as early as the 5th or maybe even the 4th.

Thanks, nobody. I'm new to this forum - this is the first topic I read. I hope the rest of it is as helpful as this thread.

DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers

DeAngelo is already working on kickoff returns for the Panthers. I don't know about you guys, but one thing I hardly ever see is the featured runningback on the team returning kickoffs. DeShaun is going to get 70% of the carries. I just had an epiphany actually. With the loss of Steven Davis, we are going to have to expect the pass attempts to trend upward while the rushing attempts to trend downward.

David Boston, WR, Buccaneers

I'm concerned at around week six his biceps will explode doing bicep curls in the Bucs training room. We can only hope and pray that Cadillac and company are busy across the room doing squats. That's of course assuming he can somehow make the squad which is likely. I think Clayton Galloway and Ike are the only other guys on the roster who have caught a pass.