Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

Two guys want to trade teams completely

I'm commish and I've never encountered this before. I've played with the guys for years. They claim they like each other's team better and want to swap the whole teams out. Should I allow it?

It just seems...I dunno...unseemly somehow.

well do you think the teams are even?

No. One has much better WRs than the other, but the team with the crappier WRs clearly has the better team.

Sure, why not? No trade backs... :first:

I've actually considered this in a dynasty league to trade my somewhat better team to a somewhat weaker team, to try to prove a point about different philosophies on how to build a winner. How do the teams stack up to each other? Fairly even? It doesn't really matter I don't think in terms of your decision, because the league is in exactly the same place at the end of the day if it is a complete swap one for the other, including draft picks.

It just seems...I dunno...unseemly somehow.

No. One has much better WRs than the other, but the team with the crappier WRs clearly has the better team.

Certainly strange, but there's obviously no collusion.

I'm commish and I've never encountered this before. I've played with the guys for years. They claim they like each other's team better and want to swap the whole teams out. Should I allow it?

No, it would give team A a huge advantange over team B and vice versa. Not only that but every team that has to play against team A now has to play against team B instead ... and vice versa.

The only way I would allow this is if Team A and Team B agree to swap owners immediately after the first transaction has been completed.

Why not? There's no collusion and it doesn't affect the competitive balance of the league.

well do you think the teams are even?

Not even a consideration. The same two teams are going to play in the league regardless. The only question is who owns which team.

Here are the two teams, if it helps:

Team A

Trent Green (QB)

Brad Johnson (QB)

Chris Chambers (WR)

Larry Fitzgerald (WR)

Torry Holt (WR)

Lee Evans (WR)

Ruben Droughens (RB)

Dominick Davis (RB)

Willie Parker (RB)

Thomas Jones (RB)

Kellen Winslow (TE)

Ben Troupe (TE)

Sebastian Janikowski (K)

Olindo Mare (K)

Washington (def)

Detroit (def)

Team B

Peyton Manning (QB)

Daunte Culpepper (QB)

Roy Williams (WR)

Darrell Jackson (WR)

Jevon Walker (WR)

Deion Branch (WR)

Larry Johnson (RB)

Rudy Johnson (RB)

Kevin Jones (RB)

Deuce McCallister (RB)

Antonio Gates (TE)

Bubba Franks (TE)

Neil Rackers (K)

David Akers (K)

Chicago (def)

Miami (def)

who the ###### would ever give up Team B?!?! He probably sold the team to the other owner

Team A

Trent Green (QB)

Brad Johnson (QB)

Chris Chambers (WR)

Larry Fitzgerald (WR)

Torry Holt (WR)

Lee Evans (WR)

Ruben Droughens (RB)

Dominick Davis (RB)

Willie Parker (RB)

Thomas Jones (RB)

Kellen Winslow (TE)

Ben Troupe (TE)

Sebastian Janikowski (K)

Olindo Mare (K)

Washington (def)

Detroit (def)

Team B

Peyton Manning (QB)

Daunte Culpepper (QB)

Roy Williams (WR)

Darrell Jackson (WR)

Jevon Walker (WR)

Deion Branch (WR)

Larry Johnson (RB)

Rudy Johnson (RB)

Kevin Jones (RB)

Deuce McCallister (RB)

Antonio Gates (TE)

Bubba Franks (TE)

Neil Rackers (K)

David Akers (K)

Chicago (def)

Miami (def)

Doesn't help. Doesn't matter. Nobody was complaining when the teams were drafted, and nothing about this deal changes that.

i am dumber for reading this thread

is trading allowed? there's your answer.

(but feel free to take the square root of the implied impact of both teams' performance, maybe that'll help you in this monster commish decision)

i am dumber for reading this thread

is trading allowed? there's your answer.

(but feel free to take the square root of the implied impact of both teams' performance, maybe that'll help you in this monster commish decision)

I didn't mean to imply that it was a "monster commish decision," merely that it is a unique one, at least in the case of this particular league.

On the surface I cannot see how it could possibly be "unfair" given that both are giving all (apparently) willingly...but it just seems to cheapen what I'd considered to be a sacred league somehow as we've been together since '95.

8 team league right? thats the only way i see team b having manning LJ, rudi, Roy Williams, kevin jones and gates

something seems fishy because that team is a monster

Not even a consideration. The same two teams are going to play in the league regardless. The only question is who owns which team.

this was my first thought and it sums it up well. does it really make a difference in who owns which team when both teams will be there no matter what? let them do it!

seriously.....you should provide some reasoning on the ownership's part. thats the bottom line. Why is someone willing to give up Manning and LJ at the same time in peak years unless they are either looking to attempt to re-establish a dynasty or theyre over it?

8 team league right? thats the only way i see team b having manning LJ, rudi, Roy Williams, kevin jones and gates

something seems fishy because that team is a monster

Whoever has/gets Team B's roster is going to win this league. That is the nicest team I could imagine for this upcoming season...

LJ = #1 overall runningback by far

Rudi is an excellent RB2

P.Manning is #1 QB and healthiest

D.Culpper is best QB2

Roy Williams: has by far the biggest upside of any player in this draft (besides LJ) and I expect him to produce WR1 numbers

D. Jackson: solid and consistent, very good WR2

D. Branch: very good WR3

A. Gates is the #1 TE by far.

Rackers

Akers

Bears Defense

Is this a joke?

I usually set the league to allow all managers veto of trades within 2 days or else all trades go through...that way I don't have to put in my biased opinions about which trades go through and which ones don't...

personally, if this trade were to be requested it would get vetoed by all owners immediately...at least I would veto it...

this cant be a redraft league. tell me there were keepers involved. this is a ###### stellar team for an 8 man league

I usually set the league to allow all managers veto of trades within 2 days or else all trades go through...that way I don't have to put in my biased opinions about which trades go through and which ones don't...

personally, if this trade were to be requested it would get vetoed by all owners immediately...at least I would veto it...

I'd never play in a league that had owners voting on trades. It's the stupidest idea ever.

Only the commish should determine if a trade goes through or not.

this cant be a redraft league.

A-duh! It's obviously a dynasty.

Sure why not. No one is going to lose out on this. I thinks it's kind of funny. If you still can't decide just have the league vote on it.

I'd never play in a league that had owners voting on trades. It's the stupidest idea ever.

A-duh! It's obviously a dynasty.

Ya let the commish determine. That work really good for us one year when someone traded Ricky Willams (in his prime) for a kicker and a later round draft pick. Later to find out the two were in on it together. We kicked the commish out and the two players. Now I'm the commish I let all trades go through unless I think it's not fair then I call for a league vote.

Sure, why not? No trade backs... :first:

I totally agree - who cares? No one can claim competitive imbalance...they all get to play the same teams.

It's odd, but I see nothing wrong with it. Certainly not unethical. And if it's ethical, it isn't worthy of a veto.

ETA: Wait! Team B is a MONSTER! This can't be real. why would team B want team A's team? He hates money?!? :unsure:

Why give up a team with LJ, Gates, PManning, Rudi, DJax, and Roy Williams? This has to be a joke.

So yeah - posting the rosters helps - helps me think this is BS. No offense, but you spend years trying to build a team like this - and he'd want to give it up? Why??? Not like LJ, Gates, Manning or Roy is even close to being over the hill...this makes zero sense.

the simple fact that team B is so stakced makes me think this is very shady.... perhaps he thinks hes going to be leaving the league soon and is giving his stacked team to a friend.... i dunno but theres no way u give this team up if u plan on continuing to play and win

the simple fact that team B is so stakced makes me think this is very shady.... perhaps he thinks hes going to be leaving the league soon and is giving his stacked team to a friend.... i dunno but theres no way u give this team up if u plan on continuing to play and win

:thumbsdown:

I would throw this trade out to the other owners in the league for their opinion. Tell them that you will probably approve it as is. The one thing I would find out though is how they would feel if the guy with team B now, ditches after this season. Because thats where this is probably going. If they have a problem with it, which they should, make it a deal that will be anulled with teams transferred back if current owner of Team B leaves in the next 2-3 years. Sounds like a freakin mess! :o Good luck! You'll have to let us know how this one turns out. :lol:

If they have a problem with it, which they should, make it a deal that will be anulled with teams transferred back if current owner of Team B leaves in the next 2-3 years.

Screw that - if Team B leaves the league, toss out team A and get two new owners. Hold a 2 man draft of those two teams and you're all good. League goes on, colluders are out. Probably end up with 2 competitive teams, too.

but if it's on the level, I still have to wonder what the hell team B is smoking to want to give that up. That team has multiple championships ahead of it. Ridiculously stacked.

As Commish you should take charge :thumbsdown: and make them pay for each others team and roll the money back into the pool fair and equitable for all ... :o

Whatever works for you...if you trust your commissioner enough I guess it works out...

Had too many instances where owners would talk trash about how I was being unfair and accusing me of shady things that almost broke the league up (even though a trade might be blatantly unfair to me the people making the trade obviously think it's fair and will whine about how the trade shoulda gone through) ....ever since we've changed to managers veto vote I haven't had a problem since...plus we play in a league where everyone is friends so we trust each other to make a collective decision that's best for everyone in the league...

Managers veto prevents:

1) commissioner bias, especially when the trade affects his own team...

2) collusion between the commissioner and someone else...

3) b*tching and whining...

Personally, I would never play in a league that doesn't have manager veto power...

Screw that - if Team B leaves the league, toss out team A and get two new owners. Hold a 2 man draft of those two teams and you're all good. League goes on, colluders are out. Probably end up with 2 competitive teams, too.

but if it's on the level, I still have to wonder what the hell team B is smoking to want to give that up. That team has multiple championships ahead of it. Ridiculously stacked.

Yep, better solution! :thumbsdown: Probably stops all future acts of collusion by everybody else as well.

Just took another look at the rosters. Is this a related parties trade? It really looks like it. It looks like "I am loaded (team :blink: and I will bet you X$ that by year 4 I will have a better record than you" type of bet going on. Or, as others have said a bail situation and selling a team. Or, a bogus thread, or a 3-4 team league.

Anyway, no reason to not let it go. Same teams, different ownership. So what?

Let them do it. Then after the trade is complete....you charge them again. Tell them it cost (insert your league fee here) to get a team in your league. Since they traded entire teams....they have a new team...yeah...that's what you do!

Team A

Trent Green (QB)

Brad Johnson (QB)

Chris Chambers (WR)

Larry Fitzgerald (WR)

Torry Holt (WR)

Lee Evans (WR)

Ruben Droughens (RB)

Dominick Davis (RB)

Willie Parker (RB)

Thomas Jones (RB)

Kellen Winslow (TE)

Ben Troupe (TE)

Sebastian Janikowski (K)

Olindo Mare (K)

Washington (def)

Detroit (def)

Team B

Peyton Manning (QB)

Daunte Culpepper (QB)

Roy Williams (WR)

Darrell Jackson (WR)

Jevon Walker (WR)

Deion Branch (WR)

Larry Johnson (RB)

Rudy Johnson (RB)

Kevin Jones (RB)

Deuce McCallister (RB)

Antonio Gates (TE)

Bubba Franks (TE)

Neil Rackers (K)

David Akers (K)

Chicago (def)

Miami (def)

What kinda league r u running here....ive never seen two teams so stacked in my entire fantasy life.......just outta curiosity how many teams r in this league....

Whatever works for you...if you trust your commissioner enough I guess it works out...

Of course I do. I'm the commish. :angry:

But seriously, if you can't trust your commish, I'd leave the league.

Managers veto prevents:

1) trades

Fixed that for ya.

You have to look at your league rules to decide on this. Do you have authority to veto trades? Do trades go before the league? Are all trades allowed? Is there a collusion rule?

As the commish you have to let this play out under the umbrella of the league rules. If commish has the authority to veto, you need to veto the trade because team B is 10 times better then team A. If the trade goes in front of the league to decide, you need to allow that to happen because no one in their right mind would allow that to pass. If there is a collusion rule, you need to grow a set and call these owners out. Being a commish isn't easy, but you need to interpret the league under the guidelines you have. If you have no guidelines, you better get some.

This is all academic. They could do it one deal at a time over the course of a week and you would be ethically powerless to stop it.

Just let them do it. It seems stupid and lazy to me (I would try to build a better team myself) but it's not 'wrong' or even against the rules.