Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Mexico

Ryan Moats out for several weeks.....

With this injury and the inevitable injury to Buckhalter, it looks like Westbrook may once again be a one-trick pony in the Eagle backfield.

so does this elevate Westbrook's value or only guarantee the he'll be injured by week 8?

Wouldn't it behoove the Eagles management to sign/draft at least one RB who has not shown signs of being injury prone in college or the pros? someone who may not be the explosive back, but a guy that can come in and pound the rock and not fall apart??

seriously. Perry is next on the depth chart and he has just as much of an injury history as any of the other Eagles RBs. i look for him to last 2 weeks before getting nicked up...

Pathetic... here's my keeper team's history at RB since the beginning of last year:

-didn't keep Tatum Bell because I didn't want to deal with not knowing which weeks he'd contribute

-kept Mewelde Moore who Mike Tice proceeded to continually fock in the arse on an unpredictable basis. Then the Vikings get a new coach (good) and sign Chester Taylor (bad!). One week I lost because I benched Moore based on a last-minute report that Bennett would start. Bennett did start and Moore got 0 carries, but he scored on a punt return which would have won it for me.

-traded Deshaun Foster who was in the last year of his deal (the Panthers then locked him up with a 3-year deal)

-traded down instead of taking Ronnie Brown, and drafted JJ Arrington who begun to lose his starting job a day after our draft. Then the Cardinals sign Edge.

-drafted Ryan Moats with a pick I had traded for, thinking Westbrook was in his last year there. The Eagles then proceed to re-sign Westbrook to a 5 year deal, and now Moats is hurt

-drafted Eric Shelton who was then put on IR right away (see Foster above), now the Panthers drafted Deangelo too.

-picked up Gado who was my most productive guy last year but is of course back to #3 on the depth chart

Moats was looking like my best RB keeper option this year. Fock. I suck.

so does this elevate Westbrook's value or only guarantee the he'll be injured by week 8?

i think it stays flat, and if anything, drops Westy's value slightly because it will obviously alter the game planning Big Red had in store for us w/ Moats in the backfield and Westy mismatched on the outside...

The Eagles will now throw 90% of the time. :(

The Eagles will now throw 90% of the time. :mad:

why would their passing percentage go DOWN with this news?

:(

why would their passing percentage go DOWN with this news?

:mellow:

I assume he was referring to McNabb's completion percentage :lol:

Guest Johnny Holmes

:mellow: I have Westbrook in my keeper league!! :banana:

I was a little worried about Moats stealing carries.

= Westbrook getting 15 - 20 carries a game = Westbrook injured by week 2 ! :mellow:

These days RBs are easily attainable. I've no idea why Phili didn't make a move for someone like Michael Bennett. With the Moats injury, I suspect they'll make some sort of move.

These days RBs are easily attainable. I've no idea why Phili didn't make a move for someone like Michael Bennett. With the Moats injury, I suspect they'll make some sort of move.

Read two posts above yours...

This makes the most sense. Bennett doesn't have the past injury issues. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Yet another "what if" - Thomas Jones in Philly?

This makes the most sense. Bennett doesn't have the past injury issues. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Yet another "what if" - Thomas Jones in Philly?

I don't think the Bears are quite ready to hand the

Holy Grail to CedBenson just yet.

He'll be the starter, but TJ will be a huge

and much needed insurance policy in ChiTown.

TJones doesn't like the situation in CHI because he doesn't like not being the #1 and getting enough carries, do you think that would improve in PHI??

Pathetic... here's my keeper team's history at RB since the beginning of last year:

-didn't keep Tatum Bell because I didn't want to deal with not knowing which weeks he'd contribute

-kept Mewelde Moore who Mike Tice proceeded to continually fock in the arse on an unpredictable basis. Then the Vikings get a new coach (good) and sign Chester Taylor (bad!). One week I lost because I benched Moore based on a last-minute report that Bennett would start. Bennett did start and Moore got 0 carries, but he scored on a punt return which would have won it for me.

-traded Deshaun Foster who was in the last year of his deal (the Panthers then locked him up with a 3-year deal)

-traded down instead of taking Ronnie Brown, and drafted JJ Arrington who begun to lose his starting job a day after our draft. Then the Cardinals sign Edge.

-drafted Ryan Moats with a pick I had traded for, thinking Westbrook was in his last year there. The Eagles then proceed to re-sign Westbrook to a 5 year deal, and now Moats is hurt

-drafted Eric Shelton who was then put on IR right away (see Foster above), now the Panthers drafted Deangelo too.

-picked up Gado who was my most productive guy last year but is of course back to #3 on the depth chart

That is the worst set of RBs drafted EVAH.....you deserve every bit of it. It is the curse of Tinker Bell....

:wall: I have Westbrook in my keeper league!! :wall:

I was a little worried about Moats stealing carries.

There is always one douche bag who is happy when a player goes down to injury in camp

:wall:

why doesnt philly sign wells. i think he would be a great fit in the situation. lots of playing time out of the backfield with westy the multi purpose back being lined up all over the field

There is always one douche bag who is happy when a player goes down to injury in camp

:D

in my 12 man league, there's usually 11 douche bags who are happy when a player goes down to injury. :huh:

Like it matters. Reno Mahe is going to win the job outright.

Like it matters. Reno Mahe is going to win the job outright.

Reno "Nevada" Mahe ?

Here's the latest on him....

Eagles | Mahe does some holding

Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:42:03 -0700

Reuben Frank, of Phillyburbs.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Reno Mahe

worked on holding for placekicks after practice Tuesday, July 25.

:huh:

I thought it was interesting that the linked article mentioned Bruce Perry as the guy getting time. Is Buckhalter not playing yet? Or does the author just have no confidence that Buck will be a factor?

Like the Raiders, you have pretty much no clue what you're doing.

:first: I thought you told me in another thread that you're not a Philly fan.

Who you crappin?

:sigh: Read my earlier post, it's the 6th post in the thread. I have Moats on my team in a keeper league, and absolutely nothing else at RB.

Guest Johnny Holmes
in my 12 man league, there's usually 11 douche bags who are happy when a player goes down to injury. :first:

Same in my league. When you lose a guy to injury the whole league hoots you. Moats going down is really not a big deal but I am kind of glad just because it solidifies Westbrook with most of the work! <_<

why doesnt philly sign wells. i think he would be a great fit in the situation. lots of playing time out of the backfield with westy the multi purpose back being lined up all over the field

Excellent idea. Why Wells isn't signed yet...I have no idea. He ran hard the last couple of years and did fairly well in spite of an inferior line.

Buckhalter looks good so far through camp. I guess thats a plus for the Eagles.

Because Moats is a better back and is only out 2 weeks... dunno?