Sign in to follow this  
Tennessee Ridge Runners

Titans agree to terms with Young;

Guest Johnny Holmes

That is alot of money for a project! It could be five years before he knows the playbook.

anyone that doubts vince young will eat a lot of crow and be eating it fast. vince's football iq is off the charts high and he's a great leader and fierce competitor !

Great news for the Titans, but I think the more pressing issue is Lendale White, since he should contribute earlier than Vince. After last years first round fiasco (P. Jones holdout) it's good to see Vince get into camp on time.

The Saints are repeating the S or the F word right now.

So it's gonna be 65 mil for Bush?

Vince: Sp...sp...spl

Norm Chow: Split.

Vince: Split. Le...leeeee...

Norm Chow: Left! Split Left! G'dammit, why did I let you guys draft this moron over Leinart?

Vince: Ain't no pictures in this book!

Norm Chow: Left! Split Left! G'dammit, why did I let you guys draft this moron over Leinart?

:banana:

Congratulations, Vince. How much money did this guy make due to the Rose Bowl vs USC... $20M? $30M? $40M?

So it's gonna be 65 mil for Bush?

How much was Mario?

Great news for the Titans, but I think the more pressing issue is Lendale White, since he should contribute earlier than Vince. After last years first round fiasco (P. Jones holdout) it's good to see Vince get into camp on time.

Looks like White's contract is a wrap as well..

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_....php?PRKey=3874

How much was Mario?

54M$

4 less than Vince but he got 26.5M$ guranteed instead of Vince's 25.7M$

a bit more top loaded with higher bonus

If a good bra can make a flat chested girl looked stacked...... Im sure it can hide a case of man b00bs :clap:

True, he looks fitter and stronger there. His forearms are pretty huge, which by the way doesn't help one's bench press, but probably helps with holding onto the ball (unless you're Daunte Culpepper, of course)

Poor Titans :clap:

Vince Young is not the answer.

You're right, Vince hasn't proven much, hasn't shown up well under pressure, hasn't been able to carry his team, not like that first round hall of famer Reggie Bush. (try watching the games instead of just the espn highlights)

:thumbsup: Why does Vince have to be dumb?

Leinart couldn't carry Young's jock. I loved watching that little sissy cry because he was selected 7 picks after the best QB in the draft. It was priceless to see his reaction....."Dude, like I can't believe like my old coach doesn't like totally love me. I am like sooooo good looking and I am friends with N Sync which is like totally awesome. Even though Texas is like the National Champions and Vince like totally played the greatest game in college football history, I am like still the better like QB. They should like be able to totally see that, especially since I am like so cool. That is it, I am like taking my ball and going home...to Nick."

Young will revolutionize the game.

Poor Titans :thumbsdown:

Vince Young is not the answer.

And you know this how?

:banana: Why does Vince have to be dumb?

Because he's not smart? Was that a trick question?

I think it was a 7 then the 16 on his second try on the Wonderlic test, 24-26 ish being average for a QB. Maybe not the smartest guy around.

Because he's not smart? Was that a trick question?

I assume you are talking about the wonderlic score. That being one of several different factors that play a part in the entire decision making process and the rest of which he did very well in(actually playing football). The guy played qb at UT and regardless of what his score was he made pretty good decisions and dominated at the highest college level. You say he is dumb simply because he supposedly did bad on that test but I don't think one has anything to do with the other. You don't like Vince and you need to find something to gig him on so just say it and admit you have no other reason at all. IMO he is a project but he is also worth the risk because his talent is amazing. Don't hate, just give the guy a chance to show what he can do.

His QB mechanics are sub-par at best. Before we enshrine them in the HOF, let them play a few games first. Oh yeah, the collage QB option play has worked out so well in the NFL. Revolutionize the game, HA, al-la Mike Vick? :unsure:

kv

Brains aren't the benchmark for quarterback success. Take a look at the history of football.

Once you convince me that Terry Bradshaw, Joe Theisman and Brett Favre are ready for

Mensa, then you can start convincing me that Vince Young doesn't have what it takes to be a great quarterback. The guy can play football. He's a premier athlete and a natural leader. I'd take that guy to lead my team into the future any day of the week.

Well, the guy has done everything right so far.

Coming off the championship game, he's repeated that he wants to get his deal signed and be in camp for the first day of practice.

He's already done some major fundraising for local charities.

Not saying any of that makes him a great QB, but it's a good way to start his pro career.

Expect to see him play in every pre-season game.

I assume you are talking about the wonderlic score.

I think the Wonderlic score is just the tip of the iceberg.

The guy played qb at UT and regardless of what his score was he made pretty good decisions and dominated at the highest college level.

He's got pretty good instincts and is a physical specimen. You need more than that to succeed in the NFL.

You say he is dumb simply because he supposedly did bad on that test but I don't think one has anything to do with the other.

That's not the only reason. The offense he ran at Texas wasn't exactly complex. He had a lot of success at the college level because he was physically that much better than everyone else. The playing field is a lot more level in the NFL.

You don't like Vince and you need to find something to gig him on so just say it and admit you have no other reason at all.

Actually, I don't dislike him. I just don't think he's going to be all that successful as a QB in the NFL.

Don't hate...

:thumbsup:

So anyone who says anything bad about anyone is a hater? You kool aid drinkers are so annoying.

I am sure at some point he will be worth this money but at that point he will hold out for more.

anyone that doubts mike vickwill eat a lot of crow and be eating it fast. vince's football iq is off the charts high and he's a great leader and fierce competitor !

Hmmmm.

I assume you are talking about the wonderlic score. That being one of several different factors that play a part in the entire decision making process and the rest of which he did very well in(actually playing football). The guy played qb at UT and regardless of what his score was he made pretty good decisions and dominated at the highest college level. You say he is dumb simply because he supposedly did bad on that test but I don't think one has anything to do with the other. You don't like Vince and you need to find something to gig him on so just say it and admit you have no other reason at all. IMO he is a project but he is also worth the risk because his talent is amazing. Don't hate, just give the guy a chance to show what he can do.

He made good decisions in college and dominated with his running ability. That works great in college and looks good on the NFL highlight films but it doesn't win championships and leads to a greater chance of injury. Also it doesn't make you a great QB. Ask Vick, Culpepper or McNabb.

The problem I have is with the fans and Media. They think this guy is going to come in day one and be the greatest QB to ever play the game. I agree that he is an awesome talent but I think there are legit questions about him being an NFL QB. Vince struggled his first two years at Texas in a pro style offense. He even got pulled and replaced by Chance Maulk(SP?) in one game. He became a super star when Mack Brown went to more of a "street ball" offense that allowed Vince to take full advantage of his running ability. Also, he only had one good year as a passer. At Texas Vince played behind one of the best, if not the best, o-lines in college football. He also played on one of the most talented teams in college football. The talent he is playing with in Tennessee is near the bottom in the NFL. This doesn't mean he won't be a good NFL QB it just means there are some real questions especially the first several years.

Screw everyone that's bagging on Vince. Give the guy a chance.

He has done NOTHING to prove that he can't play and everything to prove that he CAN play at this point in time. He's done more than what most rookies have done at this point in time. He was one of the top 2 college football players in the country last year and many would argue he was the best. What has he done to make people think he can't play in the NFL?

His intelligence? He won 20 something straight games and a national championship with that intelligence. You don't have to be a genius to be a quarterback. You have to have football smarts and he has plenty.

His throwing motion? Didn't seem to be a problem. His passing stats were amongst the best in the country last year.

This guy has done NOTHING but win. This guy has too much heart and too much talent to suck.

God forbid Vince struggle at ALL in his rookie year. He'll be doomed for failure forever.

Screw everyone that's bagging on Vince. Give the guy a chance.

He has done NOTHING to prove that he can't play and everything to prove that he CAN play at this point in time. He's done more than what most rookies have done at this point in time. He was one of the top 2 college football players in the country last year and many would argue he was the best. What has he done to make people think he can't play in the NFL?

His intelligence? He won 20 something straight games and a national championship with that intelligence. You don't have to be a genius to be a quarterback. You have to have football smarts and he has plenty.

His throwing motion? Didn't seem to be a problem. His passing stats were amongst the best in the country last year.

This guy has done NOTHING but win. This guy has too much heart and too much talent to suck.

God forbid Vince struggle at ALL in his rookie year. He'll be doomed for failure forever.

I guess hoping to have a reasonablediscussion about VY is impossible.

VY will struggle as a rookie just like he did as a freshman and a sophmore.

Right now VY is just like Mike Vick was coming out of college. Hopefully, VY will have an easier time becoming a great NFL QB than Vick has.

Didn't he use a long time family friend as an agent? This leads me to believe that agents are more overpaid than I thought.

Wow, killer money there. He'll wind up on the scrap heap with Kordell Stewart in a few years, but at least he'll have a comfortable chair.

I don't think wonderlic scores determine how smart a QB is. It could be a glimpse, but not the end all answer. I think Marino had a really low score too. As far as Young, he has definately proven he is a competitor and a leader. But I have heard the UT offense was dumbed down a bit for him. Something like a one-read offense, which is not going to work in the pro's. "NFL Live" on ESPN (I know, I know) stated that some in the Titans front office were hesitant to draft him because when asked simple football strategy questions, he was way off. Basically he has a lot to learn. Right now he doesn't have the football smarts to run an NFL offense. Most rookies are a bit confused their first couple years, but it's been said he is quite a bit behind where any NFL QB should be in that area.

He's a rookie and only time will tell...I hope he succeeds. I watched the USC-UT game again on ESPN classic the other day and there is defintaly something special about the guy that can't be measured by a wonderlic or any test.

HEART, LEADERSHIP, TALENTED, SPECIAL.....

I am a Vince Young fan but i'm not blind to the fact that the guy is going to have to learn a lot. He will struggle as every single rookie qb does(if he plays). The Titans could have had Matt Leinart(who I like alot and feel he is more prepared to play early) but they(Norm Chow included) passed on him. The talent that Vince has along with the above qualities make him worth every bit of the risk. I am not claiming that he will be a successs but why are what else does the guy have to do to be worthy of his draft status....

I think the Wonderlic score is just the tip of the iceberg.

He's got pretty good instincts and is a physical specimen. You need more than that to succeed in the NFL.

That's not the only reason. The offense he ran at Texas wasn't exactly complex. He had a lot of success at the college level because he was physically that much better than everyone else. The playing field is a lot more level in the NFL.

Actually, I don't dislike him. I just don't think he's going to be all that successful as a QB in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

So anyone who says anything bad about anyone is a hater? You kool aid drinkers are so annoying.

Koolaid Drinkers?? I don't understand. The guy plays the best college game ever against the arguably(not in my opinon) the best college team ever and you don't "DIG THIS MANS CHILI" Maybe you don't hate but why can't this man be just as good as anyother qb. Sure the guy has some work ahead of him but time will tell. Personally I think he will be everything the Titans expect.

Didn't he use a long time family friend as an agent? This leads me to believe that agents are more overpaid than I thought.

The same agent McNair has.