Sign in to follow this  
Striker99

**Official Raiders at Vikings Thread**

Key Points (add your own) Raiders at Vikings ESPN 8:00 p.m EST

- Moss returns to Minnesota (bla bla bla)

- 2nd look at Aaron Brooks/LaMont/Moss and the Oakland Offense

- How well will the Vikings offense be without Culpepper?

- Chester Taylor's work load ?

- Is the O-line good enough to protect Johnson?

The biggest thing I want to look at is as you said, Chester Taylor's work load and if the O line can give him some holes.

What the hell was Brooks laughing about after that run?

I think he was laughing at Randy Moss crying in the endzone about not getting the ball.

"This is the Dome man!! Haven't you heard of Randy Ratio, c'mon, Randy Ratio Man!!!"

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the new uniforms, but they aren't that bad. ...

Well, Vikes not looking too good. Suprising that they dumped 2 off to Richardson. Pretty good hands on the big boy. You don't see many full backs catching swing passes out of the backfield.......

Chester looked good on the run, would have like to see him catching out of the backfield....

One thought so far for me...is the question that came into my mind that Will Tony Rich take some of Chesters Catches this year???

Is this a new feature? Every time I write, it adds to the previous post I made.......wierd....makes it seem as if I am rambling......or am I?? :thumbsup:

Aparantly this only happens when I created the last post.......interesting!!

Vikes D not too shabby thus far

Is this a new feature? Every time I write, it adds to the previous post I made.......wierd....makes it seem as if I am rambling......or am I?? :argue:

Aparantly this only happens when I created the last post.......interesting!!

If you reply to the same thread before another user posts (within 20 minutes or so), the posts get combined. :sleep:

Raiders only had like 5 penalties their last game. They've already got 3 less than half way through the 1st quarter.

Good to see the Raiders are back to their old selfs. That's what 6 penalties for 70 or 80 yards in 10 minutes.

:sleep:

Richardson getting goal line carries a trend or just a one time anomoly? I think I might have to bump Chester down my rankings.

what the sh!t!!

TONy RICH gonna take his TDs away too....

I like what i see from Chestor so far tho....he make something out of nothing....

Dont like the Line play tho...

Richardson got the goal line carry. Not good news for Taylor owners. :sleep:

Say goodbye to Taylor's red zone carries. and bump Richardson into fantasy existence. A few catches and goaline carries can give the guy some values in deep leagues

2 things:

1. Vikes got some fugly uniforms :argue:

2. The 2 new idiots in the booth are absolutely awful. :sleep:

Joe Theismann still needs a wrap-it-up box in the booth.

Richardson got the goal line carry. Not good news for Taylor owners. :sleep:

lol, do you think maybe childress is giving D's something to think about? just a guess, i hear NFL coaches are actually pretty smart people like that.

I was going to target Taylor with my 3rd rounder and as my 2nd back....I dont know about that now...

If it wasn't Richardson it would have been Fason (who got the goaline carries last year and bulked up 15 pounds in the offseason). Anyone thinking Taylor was going to be an every down stud in Minny with all the other backs on the roster was kidding themselves in my opinion.

Couple things:

First, I'll admit, I've been riding Rabdy's jock all pre-season, and now I'm a alittle frightened. Not really that it's Brooks, but the line is horrible.

Second, those worried about the Vikes line play, i wouldn't worry. It will take some time to gel, but they have one thing going for them that most teams don't...lots of talent.

Third, Brad could make it the whole year. He gets rid of the ball quick which is very nice for everyone involved.

1. Fans shouldn't boo the refs in preseason

2. The Vikings look like an AFL team with those unis

3. Don't jump to conclusions with Chester Taylor quite yet, maybe it was just a case of not wanting to overwork him in the preseason

Things are not looking good for the Raiders, particularly on offense. Janikowski is looking like he might have a Rackers-type year though.

If it wasn't Richardson it would have been Fason (who got the goaline carries last year and bulked up 15 pounds in the offseason). Anyone thinking Taylor was going to be an every down stud in Minny with all the other backs on the roster was kidding themselves in my opinion.

There actually are delusional morons like football scooter who actually believed it :shocking:

4. Aaron Brooks just missed Lamont Jordan wide open in the flat on 2nd and short, and instead went long and threw too close to the sideline to Moss. Not a good omen.

I was going to target Taylor with my 4rd rounder and as my 2nd back....I dont know about that now...

I love this time a year, people put ALOT of stock in preseason games lol. Im sure childress is showing the entire playbook lol

Couple things:

First, I'll admit, I've been riding Rabdy's jock all pre-season, and now I'm a alittle frightened. Not really that it's Brooks, but the line is horrible.

Second, those worried about the Vikes line play, i wouldn't worry. It will take some time to gel, but they have one thing going for them that most teams don't...lots of talent.

Third, Brad could make it the whole year. He gets rid of the ball quick which is very nice for everyone involved.

Ive Hated all the Randy Talk this year....with Brooks in there and just how bad that team works together is enough to keep me away from Randy....

3. Don't jump to conclusions with Chester Taylor quite yet, maybe it was just a case of not wanting to overwork him in the preseason

See, the thing is that a lot of us never believed Taylor was going to get goaline carries and all the looks on 1st through 3rd downs to begin with. So seeing that work done by others in this 1st game is not overreaction, it's more like evidence to back up our claims.

Mewelde Moore is a talented all around back who has produced in the past for Minny.

Fason is a talented back who did well at the goaline last season and as I said, bulked up in the offseason specifically so he could retain that role.

Richardson was previously Priest Holmes' vulture. People tend to forget that before Priest was an uber stud, he was more of a Tiki Barber in KC, with Richardson getting goaline carries that first year.

Couple that with the fact that Taylor has only 4 career rushing TDs in 4 years (373 rushing attempts) and expecting he'd get all the work, especially at the goaline is a stretch.

Can Oakland really be this bad??? Offensive line couldnt stop a gaggle of girls scouts, and the defense isnt much better. It this holds form, how badly will Moss and Jordan be overrated?

I love this time a year, people put ALOT of stock in preseason games lol. Im sure childress is showing the entire playbook lol

'Well i shouldnt have said I was GOING to.....but I am and now with T Rich getting the GL TD and Rich getting a few catches it scares me...

See, the thing is that a lot of us never believed Taylor was going to get goaline carries and all the looks on 1st through 3rd downs to begin with. So seeing that work done by others in this 1st game is not overreaction, it's more like evidence to back up our claims.

Mewelde Moore is a talented all around back who has produced in the past for Minny.

Fason is a talented back who did well at the goaline last season and as I said, bulked up in the offseason specifically so he could retain that role.

Richardson was previously Priest Holmes' vulture. People tend to forget that before Priest was an uber stud, he was more of a Tiki Barber in KC, with Richardson getting goaline carries that first year.

Couple that with the fact that Taylor has only 4 career rushing TDs in 4 years (373 rushing attempts) and expecting he'd get all the work, especially at the goaline is a stretch.

Dont draft him, dont trade for him. Nuff said

4. Aaron Brooks just missed Lamont Jordan wide open in the flat on 2nd and short, and instead went long and threw too close to the sideline to Moss. Not a good omen.

Before that he failed to see a receiver wide open on an out route on 3rd & 9, instead throwing into double coverage to the TE. Ball was batted and he was lucky it wasn't picked off. Brooks looks terrible out there.

Either the Vikings pass rush is focking good, or the Raiders O-line is focking horrible.

I'm hoping it's the former, but it's probably the later.

Im suprised fason didnt do any better than chester. Especially against 2nd stringers. I just figured it was all chester and that fason would run for a 90 yd td