Sign in to follow this  
kin-corn-karn

Well my draft order is set.

4th is tough. I would have said go with Portis, but that was before his shoulder injury. I think Tiki is due for a slide, and Edge is going to find it hard to find holes in the desert. I would try to trade down or go for SJax.

Tough spot. I didn't like my spot at 7, but 4th would be even harder.

Have to roll the dice here with Edge or SJax.

Argh :argue:

I like SJax, but man, at #4.... One pick out of the top tier.

I think Tiki will slide too, and I don't want to pick an injured guy....

I don't really like LaMont.

Ronnie Brown or Rudi?

It's 12 teams, so I won't pick for a while after I get my first guy.... Sigh.

Why is everyone so scared of Tiki? Even though he is a year older, he wasn't worked as much earlier in his career. Add to the fact that he is still good for 5-6 catches a game, and that could make up for the goal line vulture.

If someone has strong feelings about someone over Tiki, then that is their opinion. But throwing a blanket over Tiki just because you think he will break down is going to cost you a decent number of FF points, especially for someone that has historically held up pretty well.

And yes, I do own him in a keeper league......

Why is everyone so scared of Tiki? Even though he is a year older, he wasn't worked as much earlier in his career. Add to the fact that he is still good for 5-6 catches a game, and that could make up for the goal line vulture.

If someone has strong feelings about someone over Tiki, then that is their opinion. But throwing a blanket over Tiki just because you think he will break down is going to cost you a decent number of FF points, especially for someone that has historically held up pretty well.

Well, the 5 or 6 catches only help you if you are in a PPR league. I just think he is due to slow down. I wouldn't mock anyone for taking him, but I am gonna steer clear.

I planned on drafting him before Portis went down with the 4th pick. The league does offer .5 PPR which did help make my decision a bit easier though. The reasoning some of you are using makes no sense. Tiki is due to break down so I'm going to take a flyer on a guy like SJax who has 1 year as the starter (and didn't stay healthy the whole year) who put up 1300 combined with 10 TD's in the weakest division in the NFL (besides maybe the NFCN). Half of those TD's against teams like Houston/Nola/SF/Zona. No offense but I could run in 2 TD's against the Nola defense myself. Also worth noting is SJax plays a very tough run D in Chicago week 14 (first year of playoff's for most 12 team leagues) and a tough WAS run D week 16 for the championship while Tiki plays Nola (the same team SJax ran 2 in against last year) in week 16.

I'd have taken Portis before the injury, but now i'm not so sure. I don't trust Edge at that spot, and I think they're going to ease back on Tiki a bit in NY. I'd be looking for LJordan/SJackson/RBrown/CWilliams type player here, but I think I'd try and trade down to about 7 or so. Swap positions in 1/2 rounds (you draft 7th, then closer coming around the horn), keep your 3 rd rounder spot, swap positions in 4th round. Maybe Portis injury scares people and he falls to 7th anyway. A couple of games without your #1 RB is still a couple of games.

I could go with Tiki as well at 4 , but is Portis really not worth taking ? I guesss the only way to know is how ready he'll be Sept 11

Tiki Barber is your pick.

and you're welcome.

Giants got skunked by Car. in the playoffs, but his last reg. season game (12/31) OAK 28 for 203 yard (95 long) 1TD. 6 for 60 rec. Sure he's getting long in the tooth, but not a Curtis Martin.

I'd go Tiki also. Too many question marks with everyone else mentioned and Tiki has had 2 fantastic seasons in a row. The Giants may want to cut back on Barber's workload, but every game in that division will be dogfight, they won't be afforded that luxury. There are sexier picks, but Barber makes the most sense.

Fourth is tough....it was Portis easily, but now I'm not sure.

I would take Peyton Manning. I know the consensus says to take a rb, but I think Manning is so much better than the next QB, that he is a solid/safe bet to put up huge numbers this year.

In my one redraft league I'm hoping for the 8 or 9th pick and I'll take Portis. I'll roll the dice and hope he stays healthy and puts up big numbers.

4th pick is the worst possible pick in this years draft.

after 1,2,3 is gone.... the drop of quality players is HUUUUUUUGE!

I'd trade down if you can to 7-10. You'd get the same quality back as #4

:thumbsup: Go with kickers early, you can always trade for a runningback later. Also Manning retired, both of them. :dunno:

I'd feel happy with my #1 as S-Jax or Ronnie or Caddy. All solid first round backs.

Spoken like a guy who took Julius Jones, Kevin Jones or McGahee in the first round last year, allowing guys like me to pick Tiki in the second round and win the title.

I don't have a problem with Jackson, Brown or Cadillac but I'm sure at least one of them is going to disappoint.

I'd go with Brown. I think S. Jax's SOS for the reg season is a little challenging to say the least. I like that Miami plays Buff twice and the JETS twice. JMO

brown or rudi. i think both will outperform sjax, tiki, caddie, portis(injury status), jordan, edge.

I just had the 4th pick in a Yahoo draft as a warmup for the real thing. I took Tiki, since the Portis injury scared me after I read that he had shoulder problems last year and declined off season surgery. And get this... Ronnie Brown was there for me in the second round. It is a 10 team league. There was a real run on WRs at the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd rounds. Holt... Smith.. T.O. and Moss all going.

Al Saunders , great line , solid offense

Take Portis ! Just hand cuff Betts in round 8 - 9

On that team Betts could put up numbers almost as good as Portis. M. Faulk , Priest , LJ -- what do they have in common ? 20 TD's while coached by Al Saunders ! It is a gamble but it is worth it !

Bottom line is you have to pick a guy you think is going to produce... Forget ranking systems and magazines, year in an year out consensus first round guys flop... Pick someone in a great system that is going to produce...

Tiki is still probably the guy

I think Tiki is the safer pick but I like SJax alot this year. I think either pick will work out.

If you are getting points for receptions, it is really easy.....go with Tiki

And this was EVEN BEFORE Portis went down....Portis played against the NFC West last year and racked up a great season.

Oh wait....football scooter thought Portis was a better pick than Tiki.....oh wait, now he has changed his mind :headbanger: :banana:

Fourth is tough....it was Portis easily, but now I'm not sure.

I would take Peyton Manning. I know the consensus says to take a rb, but I think Manning is so much better than the next QB, that he is a solid/safe bet to put up huge numbers this year.

In my one redraft league I'm hoping for the 8 or 9th pick and I'll take Portis. I'll roll the dice and hope he stays healthy and puts up big numbers.

Damn, I thought I would be the only one to suggest taking P. Manning... but he's solid and consistent with zero risk. Or trade down to 7th or 8th but I doubt anyone would go for it. 4th pick sucks.

4th pick is the worst possible pick in this years draft.

after 1,2,3 is gone.... the drop of quality players is HUUUUUUUGE!

I'd trade down if you can to 7-10. You'd get the same quality back as #4

In my league (with limited keepers, based on where they were drafted last year) I get to retain LJ at 1.8.

I'm loving it, but I feel for the bloke picking at 3...

Incidentally, I agree with you - trade down a few picks, to someone big on Tiki or Portis, and look for a jump from 3 to 2 in exchange.

Part of me would be tempted to go for Manning, but the second tier RBs are such better bets than the ones who come after that it's got to be an unwise choice.

I am still trying to understand the negativity around Tiki here. Even in a standard non-PPR league he is just as worthy to be in this place.

Last time I checked, he is still good for 500 yards receiving and 1-2 TD. That should make up for any reservations anyone has about goal line vulture. As for predicting an injury, that is just useless speculation. Read the reports and how hard he is working to make sure he is prepared for a full season.

Pass on him again and you'll be the one posting next year about how you are :cry: because you passed.

I am still trying to understand the negativity around Tiki here. Even in a standard non-PPR league he is just as worthy to be in this place.

Last time I checked, he is still good for 500 yards receiving and 1-2 TD. That should make up for any reservations anyone has about goal line vulture. As for predicting an injury, that is just useless speculation. Read the reports and how hard he is working to make sure he is prepared for a full season.

Pass on him again and you'll be the one posting next year about how you are :cry: because you passed.

Tiki has been awesome...but i read the article (Sorry, no limk to it) about him, basically saying he "Welcomes" a lighter workload this year. that COughlin plans on cutting back at RB, and Tiki wlecome sit. he said he never watns to face that sort of workload again...so my thoughts are his production will be down, just due to that. he's still a solid #1...but i wouldn't pick him at 4.

having the 4th pick is terrible. especially in a 12 team league. before portis got hurt, it would have been a toss up between him and tiki. since portis is injured and his status is unclear, you have to go with tiki. i really like sjax this year and you can't go wrong with picking him at #4. to me tiki has the slight edge. i would not pick manning at #4 in a 12 team league because by the time you pick again all good RBs are pretty much picked through. you want to assure yourself a good RB to lead your team, not a qb. i like edge this year too, just because everyone is a little down on him. i agree, he wont have the kind of year he had in indy, but he is proven and that is important. at #4 i would still go with tiki.

i would have to go with Rod (Hehateme) Smart how can you not go with a guy who has the sweetest name in the game of football plus he would look sweet on ur roster, or trade down.