Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Lions continue to fine FMW

Lions WR M. Williams paying a heavy price

Written by: NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA ¦ 8/17/2006

Source: www.freep.com

The Lions continue to fine wide receiver Mike Williams for being overweight, but Williams appears headed in the right direction and the Lions would be willing to reassess the situation if his progress reaches a certain point.

Williams, the 10th pick of the 2005 NFL draft, had problems with conditioning and punctuality as a rookie last season. He has acknowledged being fined tens of thousands of dollars.

http://www.freep.com/

================

How can you screw up top 10 picks 3 years in a row..... :thumbsup:

He was already playing for free this season..... hope he kept some of that signing bonus or else he's gonna be taking out a loan just so he can play :thumbsup:

He was already playing for free this season..... hope he kept some of that signing bonus or else he's gonna be taking out a loan just so he can play :banana:

And feed his kids (and ofcourse himself)... :cry:

But we'll still take both against the over-rated Bears so Sweetness can shut the fock up!

Lions WR M. Williams paying a heavy price

Written by: NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA ¦ 8/17/2006

Source: www.freep.com

The Lions continue to fine wide receiver Mike Williams for being overweight, but Williams appears headed in the right direction and the Lions would be willing to reassess the situation if his progress reaches a certain point.

Williams, the 10th pick of the 2005 NFL draft, had problems with conditioning and punctuality as a rookie last season. He has acknowledged being fined tens of thousands of dollars.

http://www.freep.com/

================

How can you screw up top 10 picks 3 years in a row..... :angry:

But swamp said all the talk about fines and being overweight was last year talk...not this year talk.

But swamp said all the talk about fines and being overweight was last year talk...not this year talk.

yep, mike's at about 225--down 15-20 pounds from last year--and not at 220, a weight that even the lions aer now admitting is artificially low and are reconsidering. yeah, let's cut him! :D :lol:

check out pics #5 and #7. you all wish you were in that kind of shape.

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_displ...ument_id=446606

judging by last week, the packers and bears have bigger worries than being concerned about mike williams, but i'm sure mike's flattered by the attention :lol:

for the record, sho, i never disputed that mike arrived at camp over the 220 target weight. that's been covered already--again, in a thread started by a bear and/or packer fan. you're beating a dead horse. again.

And feed his kids (and ofcourse himself)... :blink:

But we'll still take both against the over-rated Bears so Sweetness can shut the fock up!

nah, he won't shut up--especially considering how the bears are sucking up the joint big time. it helps takes his mind off of that to fret and worry about the lions. let him have his fun.

yep, mike's at about 225--down 15-20 pounds from last year--and not at 220, a weight that even the lions aer now admitting is artificially low and are reconsidering. yeah, let's cut him! :lol: :thumbsdown:

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_displ...ument_id=446606

judging by last week, the packers and bears have bigger worries than being concerned about mike williams, but i'm sure mike's flattered by the attention :lol:

for the record, sho, i never disputed that mike arrived at camp over the 220 target weight. that's been covered already--again, in a thread started by a bear and/or packer fan. you're beating a dead horse. again.

nah, he won't shut up--especially considering how the bears are sucking up the joint big time. it helps takes his mind off of that to fret and worry about the lions. let him have his fun.

Yup...there it is...the usual deflection of an issue to talk about the Bears and Packers. Trust me...nobody in the league is worried about Mike Williams.

However, you did whine over and over and over that it was last year's news...not this year...now this comes out...today....and you deflect as usual.

I am getting on board with swampie a bit. He is skinnier. Specific to sweetness, I am sure you wold take BMW over Berrian...

Yup...there it is...the usual deflection of an issue to talk about the Bears and Packers. Trust me...nobody in the league is worried about Mike Williams.

However, you did whine over and over and over that it was last year's news...not this year...now this comes out...today....and you deflect as usual.

if you're not concerned about mike williams, start acting like it and stop obsessing about him. pretty simple. you want to link mike williams of last year to the mike williams of this year--desperately so and repeatedly so. it's not working, dude. just chill and don't worry so much.

:banana:

I am getting on board with swampie a bit. He is skinnier. Specific to sweetness, I am sure you wold take BMW over Berrian...

and mike made a great catch inside the 5 to set up a lion td last week.

none of that proves what will happen. as i've said along: let's give the guy this year before lopping off his head.

That's not fair, Sweetness, the Lions may actually sweep a division rival... The Packers. Could be an interesting race for last place.

Again the mancrush on Williams, are those life-size posters in your mobile home swampy?

According to sportsradio in Detroit Mike Williams is looking O.K (even got some work with 2nd unit)

Rogers is looking like crap, may not make team.

WR Roy, Bradford, Martinez, Furrey

Mike Williams, Shaun Bodiford (watch out for this guy)

Charles Rogers

if you're not concerned about mike williams, start acting like it and stop obsessing about him. pretty simple. you want to link mike williams of last year to the mike williams of this year--desperately so and repeatedly so. it's not working, dude. just chill and don't worry so much.

:lol:

I posted...in a joking manner...in a thread with current news about him still being fined...which directly makes you out to be an idiot for calling all conversation about that "last year's news" or something along those lines. no..nothing that guy does concerns me...last year...or this year. Did I say he was fat? nope....just that this article directly refutes some of the BS that you have been spewing here.

Not working? Sure it is...with each post like this...I display again why you are a freakin joke on this board.

I posted...in a joking manner...in a thread with current news about him still being fined...which directly makes you out to be an idiot for calling all conversation about that "last year's news" or something along those lines. no..nothing that guy does concerns me...last year...or this year. Did I say he was fat? nope....just that this article directly refutes some of the BS that you have been spewing here.

Not working? Sure it is...with each post like this...I display again why you are a freakin joke on this board.

Swamp looking like an idiot? Unpossible :lol:

Why should I worry about a #5 WR on the shittiest franchise in the NFL????

:first: :lol:

that's a question to ask yourself before you start yet another mike williams thread, i guess. :banana:

Again the mancrush on Williams, are those life-size posters in your mobile home swampy?

According to sportsradio in Detroit Mike Williams is looking O.K (even got some work with 2nd unit)

Charles Rogers

yes, i know it's just completely assinine and ridiculous to reserve final judgment on a wr until after his second season. completely irrational in your focked up brain dead world, isn't it? :banana: :lol:

mike isn't being late to meetings in camp--which was a big problem last year. mike is working in camp--which was a big problem last year. mike is 15-20 pounds lighter than he was last year. why? because he's in camp, going to meetings, and working

we all knew he came into camp a few pounds over the target weight. others here who have no vested interest in the debate see the logic of these points. you don't like me; you don't like mike. we all understand. get over it and shut the fock up, though. the board thanks you in advance.

you have nothing. you want to write him off completely without giving him this year. fine. go ahead. but do us all a favor and keep your anger and idiocy to yourself.

i understand where it's coming from with you here: you view this thread as some little life line to get something back after having your ass repeatedly handed to you all week in the greenway thread and every thread you've poked your nose into.

i'll give you the rope, buddy.

yes, i know it's just completely assinine and ridiculous to reserve final judgment on a wr until after his second season. completely irrational in your focked up brain dead world, isn't it? :pointstosky: :bandana:

Temper temper swamppuppy

Those meds are to be taken once a day, not every other day, you're much nicer and more intelligent when you take em.

judging by last week

:pointstosky:

I'm sure you have the Lions in 1st place already!

THAT DUDE GOT A BADONKADONK!!!! :blink:

yes, i know it's just completely assinine and ridiculous to reserve final judgment on a wr until after his second season. completely irrational in your focked up brain dead world, isn't it? :blink: :lol:

mike isn't being late to meetings in camp--which was a big problem last year. mike is working in camp--which was a big problem last year. mike is 15-20 pounds lighter than he was last year. why? because he's in camp, going to meetings, and working

we all knew he came into camp a few pounds over the target weight. others here who have no vested interest in the debate see the logic of these points. you don't like me; you don't like mike. we all understand. get over it and shut the fock up, though. the board thanks you in advance.

you have nothing. you want to write him off completely without giving him this year. fine. go ahead. but do us all a favor and keep your anger and idiocy to yourself.

i understand where it's coming from with you here: you view this thread as some little life line to get something back after having your ass repeatedly handed to you all week in the greenway thread and every thread you've poked your nose into.

Wow, such an bitter and unhappy guy you are. :first:

t

Actually, Im qutie indifferent about both you and mike. So, you need to get over it and shut the fock up...notice the smiley at the top left of my post....then take that hook out of your mouth....AGAIN!!!

Actually I have done little of that as far as writing him off...but thanks for the spin.

My anger? As another said...what about a 5th string WR on the Lions would make me angry? Oh wait...nothing...its just another lame attempt from swamp at deflecting any and all criticism of any Lions player. As for idiocy...ever read any of your own posts?

Know...you prove again you understand very little.

I viewed this thread as a joke about a player that is no threat to anything other than a cheeseburger. Handed to me? Keep thinking that.

Charles Rogers

I am curious. Are you so stupid that you actually believe that this is the true ranking of the receivers in Detroit? Martinez, bradford and Furrey? Bradford couldn't even cut it on the worst team in the league last year.

I am curious. Are you so stupid that you actually believe that this is the true ranking of the receivers in Detroit? Martinez, bradford and Furrey? Bradford couldn't even cut it on the worst team in the league last year.

This is how it's playing out in training camp dumba##, hoping they are trying to motivate Mike Williams and there is talk of Rogers not making team. Furrey wil be slot. They have this thing called the internet here, wonderful for looking up things,

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=118318

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../608090339/1126

calling me stupid :clap:

:cheers:

I'm sure you have the Lions in 1st place already!

third place, slow start, strong finish. posted repeatedly. but you have reading issues.

This is how it's playing out in training camp dumba##, hoping they are trying to motivate Mike Williams and there is talk of Rogers not making team. Furrey wil be slot. They have this thing called the internet here, wonderful for looking up things,

calling me stupid :clap:

temper, temper, temper! you're not following doctor's orders, you bad little boy. tsk tsk...

Actually, Im qutie indifferent about both you and mike. So, you need to get over it and shut the fock up...notice the smiley at the top left of my post....then take that hook out of your mouth....AGAIN!!!

Actually I have done little of that as far as writing him off...but thanks for the spin.

My anger? As another said...what about a 5th string WR on the Lions would make me angry? Oh wait...nothing...its just another lame attempt from swamp at deflecting any and all criticism of any Lions player. As for idiocy...ever read any of your own posts?

Know...you prove again you understand very little.

I viewed this thread as a joke about a player that is no threat to anything other than a cheeseburger. Handed to me? Keep thinking that.

if you think mike is only dangerous to cheeseburgers, you have written him off. and hey, it's a free country--just try harder not to contradict yourself within the same post. at least wait a few posts so it's harder for readers to see it.

No worries, there are atleat 5 wrs in the college game projected to be early first rounders next year. Lions will be A-OK!

if you think mike is only dangerous to cheeseburgers, you have written him off. and hey, it's a free country--just try harder not to contradict yourself within the same post. at least wait a few posts so it's harder for readers to see it.

Way to spin an obvious joke...into contradicting myself. Keep deflecting every bit of criticism though. It is funny.

Oh...and take that hook out of your mouth...

calling me stupid :mad:

Yep. I am calling you stupid for believing this manure. Bradford is a zero and that has been proven over and over. Martinez? H'es nothing. Furrey? Yeah right. Everybody wanted that guy.

There is a real easy cure for this weight issue: threaten to turn him into a tight end if he doesn't lose the weight.

As a former DE in college, if any of us defensive linemen slowed down, there was always the threat of turning us into offensive linemen.

So if they're having trouble getting thru to him with money, use another tactic.

There is a real easy cure for this weight issue: threaten to turn him into a tight end if he doesn't lose the weight.

As a former DE in college, if any of us defensive linemen slowed down, there was always the threat of turning us into offensive linemen.

So if they're having trouble getting thru to him with money, use another tactic.

I have heard several analysts say he should be a TE.

really? a 225 pound te? fascinating.

not from the detroit media--you know the people that cover the lions on a daily basis and don't lift stories off the internet. so you also think there's a place in the nfl for a 225 pound te?

hell, roy is up to 212...maybe the lions should put ten pounds on him and have him play te?

zero in the detroit media. so you also think there's a place in the nfl for a 225 pound te?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1329

Shannon Sharpe played around the same weight as Williams is now. Shannon Sharpe came into the league as a WR, and with the same exact build as Williams.

When Sharpe got to camp, Denver realized that he wasn't fast enough to play wide out, but had the frame to add a few extra lbs, and the DESIRE to help his team by becoming a TE.

Now, do you think that was a wise career move for Sharpe? Do you think he regrets it? Do you think Denver now has second thoughts about the position conversion?

Sorry, but I have to agree with the Packer and Bear posters who normally beat you up. Your kinda clueless. :ninja:

I said it when he was first drafted, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me to be wrong: he's too slow to play wideout.

The good thing about the situation is that Williams is young, and Detroit can still change him over to TE and he can have a much longer career.

However, playing in the NFL is mostly desire. Desire to do what is asked of you, and the desire to do whatever it takes to make yourself better, and the desire to want to help your team succeed. From what I've seen and heard, he doesn't sound like that type of guy. Detroit really lacks veteran leadership on that field, and I believe Detroit would be better served to get a veteran WR on that team. A veteran can lead by example.

Or, someone should go call Jerry Rice and see if he would like to work as a consultant/coach.

I heard a quote one time that really stuck with me...

Insanity is defined by repeating an action over and over again, and continually expecting a different outcome...

Believing in that, I believe arguing with Swampy is insanity at it's purest. The results will not change, why keep doing it?!? It really isn't even all that amusing anymore. Hell shittin on the lions aint all that amusing anymore. They suck and will continue to suck...

CUE Swampy taking a shot at the jets. It would be INSANE to think he won't...

:ninja:

Why should I worry about a #5 WR on the shittiest franchise in the NFL????

:first: :lol:

What do the Cardinals have to do with anything?

D!ck "Night Train" Lane would kick your azz if he read this....even if he is 90 (is he still alive?)

I heard a quote one time that really stuck with me...

Insanity is defined by repeating an action over and over again, and continually expecting a different outcome...

Believing in that, I believe arguing with Swampy is insanity at it's purest. The results will not change, why keep doing it?!? It really isn't even all that amusing anymore. Hell shittin on the lions aint all that amusing anymore. They suck and will continue to suck...

CUE Swampy taking a shot at the jets. It would be INSANE to think he won't...

:first:

this from a jets fan :lol: :lol: there's a reason the jets were able to draft brick before the lions had a chance. reality, dude.

nice try at putting words in my mouth. i, in fact, am the only one on this board (or one of the few) that has not predicted an outcome for mike williams. that's the whole point: the abuse i'm taking from idiots like you is just simply saying "let's give mike year 2 in the league before cutting off his melon." that's it. i understand it's a rather shocking stance to take for brain-dead people like you who drink out of paper bags at jerry springer shows, but at the end of the day it's really the only sane view on this board concerning this subject.

sweet dreams

What do the Cardinals have to do with anything?

D!ck "Night Train" Lane would kick your azz if he read this....even if he is 90 (is he still alive?)

wasn't he the guy that died in a skiing accident a few years ago?

not from the detroit media--you know the people that cover the lions on a daily basis and don't lift stories off the internet. so you also think there's a place in the nfl for a 225 pound te?

hell, roy is up to 212...maybe the lions should put ten pounds on him and have him play te?

Yes...analysts that talk about football for their careers...they said this when he came out of college...they said this all last year.

That he is 225 now (and still disappointing)...means what?

So you are saying he would not know how to add a little more weight?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1329

Shannon Sharpe played around the same weight as Williams is now. Shannon Sharpe came into the league as a WR, and with the same exact build as Williams.

When Sharpe got to camp, Denver realized that he wasn't fast enough to play wide out, but had the frame to add a few extra lbs, and the DESIRE to help his team by becoming a TE.

Now, do you think that was a wise career move for Sharpe? Do you think he regrets it? Do you think Denver now has second thoughts about the position conversion?

Sorry, but I have to agree with the Packer and Bear posters who normally beat you up. Your kinda clueless. :first:

I said it when he was first drafted, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me to be wrong: he's too slow to play wideout.

The good thing about the situation is that Williams is young, and Detroit can still change him over to TE and he can have a much longer career.

However, playing in the NFL is mostly desire. Desire to do what is asked of you, and the desire to do whatever it takes to make yourself better, and the desire to want to help your team succeed. From what I've seen and heard, he doesn't sound like that type of guy. Detroit really lacks veteran leadership on that field, and I believe Detroit would be better served to get a veteran WR on that team. A veteran can lead by example.

Or, someone should go call Jerry Rice and see if he would like to work as a consultant/coach.

it's a different game now than when sharpe came into the league. the prototype te, antonio gates for example, is 260 or so. the lions also had an all-pro defensive tackle by the name of doug english about 20 years who was around 260. the guy wouldn't even be drafted today.

it's a different game now than when sharpe came into the league. the prototype te, antonio gates for example, is 260 or so. the lions also had an all-pro defensive tackle by the name of doug english about 20 years who was around 260. the guy wouldn't even be drafted today.

There are plenty of TEs that are playing around the 250 mark....hardly out of the question for the 6-4 frame of Williams.

There are plenty of TEs that are playing around the 250 mark....hardly out of the question for the 6-4 frame of Williams.

if he was slow and ineffective at 239 last year...what makes you think adding another 11 pounds on top of THAT is going to make him a good te? the logic is illogical. so it's purely a weight issue on where he plays? again, nonsensical logic. a te and a wr are an apple and an orange.

hell, he's a good weight right now for linebacker. or safety. why not put him there, too? :dunno:

So you're telling me that Shannon Sharpe would not be able to play in today's NFL?

You are completely insane.

You can't argue your point with an example of another position, which is also on the other side of the ball mind you.

Just face facts that you're flat out wrong, and that you keep arguing your point when it's wrong. It really makes you look not-so-smart, m-kay.

Owned. :ninja: