Sign in to follow this  
FecalHead

The Best 1.7 Yd. Per Carry Performance Ever!

Stuart Scott and Sean Salisbury where gushing about tonight's performance. Gee, I must have been watching the wrong game. Granted, he made a couple good cuts, and showed some signs of being able to break a play, but come on now..... 1.7 yds!!!! :doublethumbsup:

as yet another reminder to my previous post (SPORTCENTER IS UNWATCHABLE), Stuart Scott is completely absurd these days. In fact, the whole ESPN crew, with the exception of a few, are just there to enhance the hype machine and in the end, promote themselves and their network.

just yet another example of someone trying to make news where there is none.

Man I was thinking the same thing. I missed the game but heard them say you wills see all the great Reggie Bush plays when we get back. I was like wow what did he do now?? . They come back with those lame carries.

I must have missed the Bush highlights, because all I saw on Sportscenter was:

A) Yankees vs. Red Sox

:dunno: Terrell Owens on an exercise bike

C) More Yankees Red Sox

They were nice runs that he made out of nothing....but ESPN made way to big of deal out of it.

From NFL.com-

Reggie Bush spiced things up with a nine-yard run and an 11-yard gain on a third-and-2 screen, both on the final drive of the first half. He finished with seven yards on four carries, 14 yards on two receptions -- and disappointment that the starters didn't do better.

That run where he split two defenders was pretty impressive. The NO line just wasn't opening up any holes for their runners in the first half.

Basically, every carry Bush has gets analyzed now.

I will admit that the ESPN commerical with Bush at his fantasy football draft is funny.

For those who didn't see it, Bush suckers a guy to take him instead of Larry Johnson at 1.01. Bush then selects Johnson at 1.02.

The NO line just wasn't opening up any holes for their runners in the first half.

Bush better get prepared to face more of the same during the entire season.

as yet another reminder to my previous post (SPORTCENTER IS UNWATCHABLE), Stuart Scott is completely absurd these days. In fact, the whole ESPN crew, with the exception of a few, are just there to enhance the hype machine and in the end, promote themselves and their network.

just yet another example of someone trying to make news where there is none.

:doublethumbsup:

The whole damn network became the suck 32 seconds after Disney purchased them.

You guys do realize that this is the preseason right? 4 carries isn't exactly much to draw from, but you can look at the explosiveness on a few of them and see what could happen with 15 carries in there.

I agree though, it was pretty gay of them to talk it up that much, especially after going 3 and out so many times.

Just one thing to think about though, the first drive it was Deuce twice and then Bush on 3rd down. Almost the same for the second drive. The only sustained drive the starters had was when Bush was in there on every down. I am sure that the coaches noticed this.

I will admit that the ESPN commerical with Bush at his fantasy football draft is funny.

For those who didn't see it, Bush suckers a guy to take him instead of Larry Johnson at 1.01. Bush then selects Johnson at 1.02.

Sweeeeeet. Cant wait to see that one. :ninja:

Just one thing to think about though, the first drive it was Deuce twice and then Bush on 3rd down. Almost the same for the second drive. The only sustained drive the starters had was when Bush was in there on every down. I am sure that the coaches noticed this.

I would think the coaches probably didn't give much to that because the plays were scripted and the Saints line is horrible at best anyway.

You guys do realize that this is the preseason right? 4 carries isn't exactly much to draw from, but you can look at the explosiveness on a few of them and see what could happen with 15 carries in there.

I agree though, it was pretty gay of them to talk it up that much, especially after going 3 and out so many times.

You tone implies that if only Bush had been in there for all three plays, those first two drives would have been more successful. I thought the opposite, on the first one Duece left the field at 3rd and 2 (after two carries) if he would have gotten the carry on third down he probably would have made the first. The saints do need to see what they have in Bush though, so I understood the decision to play him. However, at least last night, Duece looked better.

You tone implies that if only Bush had been in there for all three plays, those first two drives would have been more successful. I thought the opposite, on the first one Duece left the field at 3rd and 2 (after two carries) if he would have gotten the carry on third down he probably would have made the first. The saints do need to see what they have in Bush though, so I understood the decision to play him. However, at least last night, Duece looked better.

I have to agree here, I watched the starters only for FF purposes. And Duece did look like the better back last night. Bush is terrifying in space, but having him tote the rock on short yardage, well, that's why USC had Lendale. I honestly don't expect much out of Reggie this year. He'll have a few Sportscenter highlight moments, but he's gonna have a lot of no gains and -1 yrd carries. Yes, we all know it's preseason. But, this was the ideal preseason game, and it showed that NO is not ready to compete and that Bush, despite his tremendous talent, will be dragged down with them. Peyton knows the Cowboys system, knows their defense, and knows that defenses usually play it pretty vanilla because they save their best stuff for when the season starts. If the Saints couldn't capitalize on any of that, well, then I think Reggie is gonna suffer.

Oh, and Snowbound70...you realize that your sig line only proves scooter right...Barlow probably will be the starter, just not with San Fran :-)

I agree! He has 10 carries for 66 yards this preseason and 4 catches for 24 yards. I will not own Bush in any of my leagues because thankfully I am pretty set at RB. However, Bush will be one of those players that can be bottled up for several carries before busting a longer run. I don't think 4 carries for 7 yards is anything to get a woody about, but it also isn't anything to write him off for either. My hope is that someone in my league takes him way too early leaving a little bit better player for me later on.

Granted, he made a couple good cuts, and showed some signs of being able to break a play, but come on now..... 1.7 yds!!!! :doh:

That's gonna pretty much the norm for anyone playing the Dallas defense this year.

Reggie Bust.

That was embarrassing on ESPN seeing Stuya and Salisbury slobbering over Bush.

Gee, you would almost think that ESPN had an agenda- first time I ever heard a running back getting love on a play-action pass :banana:

Interesting to note that the later Sportcenters downplayed Bush, trying, I guess to make up for Stewies man-crush.

:thumbsdown:

Define irony........

Ripping ESPN for over analysis of Reggie Bush while at the same time prematurely analyzing Bush as a bust off of one poor preseason game.

I don't think we can judge Reggie by this performance. It's very possible that a 5th carry would've gone for over 20 yards had he gotten the ball.

You're high if you think Bush is going to get 15 carries per game. Most sites are project him with 10 rushes and maybe 4 receptions a game.

You're high if you think Bush is going to get 15 carries per game. Most sites are project him with 10 rushes and maybe 4 receptions a game.

So let me get this straight. They guy who was deemed the best talent in the draft and the new savior of New Orleans while being handed a contract for at least 25 Mil gauranteed is only going to touch the ball 14 times a game because Fantasy Football sites say so? :thumbsdown:

:blink:

Define irony........

Ripping ESPN for over analysis of Reggie Bush while at the same time prematurely analyzing Bush as a bust off of one poor preseason game.

If you're referring to my original post, you need to read it again. Where did I say anything about him being a bust?? It was a comment on the media over-hyping a player. If you saw the game and saw the segment on Sportscenter, you'd be wondering if you had both seen the same game.

If you're referring to my original post, you need to read it again. Where did I say anything about him being a bust?? It was a comment on the media over-hyping a player. If you saw the game and saw the segment on Sportscenter, you'd be wondering if you had both seen the same game.

I wasn't refering to your post. More about what your thread turned into. A thread about Bush having a bad game, and how he is doomed.

So let me get this straight. They guy who was deemed the best talent in the draft and the new savior of New Orleans while being handed a contract for at least 25 Mil gauranteed is only going to touch the ball 14 times a game because Fantasy Football sites say so? :blink:

Not because they say so. Although apparently you think you're smarter than all the experts who get people to pay them for their knowledge. I don't recall anyone paying you for your opinions (and rightly so). It's because he'll break down if he gets any more than that. He had 15 rushes and 3 catches a game at USC last year. To expect the same production out of him at the pro level is foolishness.

So let me get this straight. They guy who was deemed the best talent in the draft and the new savior of New Orleans while being handed a contract for at least 25 Mil gauranteed is only going to touch the ball 14 times a game because Fantasy Football sites say so? :dunno:

Do you realize that Deuce's contract is over 50mil? He's going to carry the ball some, whether you like it or not.

If you think Bush is going to be lined up in the slot all the time, you're sadly mistaken. They will put him in there for certain packages, but it's not going to be an every down thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Not to mention, the Saints blow. They'll be playing from behind all year, so it's not like they'll be running the ball a lot. They're run D sucks, so people will control the clock and limit how many plays the Saints run.

A lot of reasons why he won't be a stud this year. I believe he's an amazing talent, and I think he'll do very well. But if you're in a redraft league, I'd let someone else waste the pick this year.

or you can look at the lack of explosiveness on the 3 or his four carries which resulted in -2 yards and see that 15 carries would extrapolate to 4 times as many negative yardage plays.

or even more likely, the outing didn't really show you anything, but an as yet ineffective offense.

Not because they say so. Although apparently you think you're smarter than all the experts who get people to pay them for their knowledge. I don't recall anyone paying you for your opinions (and rightly so). It's because he'll break down if he gets any more than that. He had 15 rushes and 3 catches a game at USC last year. To expect the same production out of him at the pro level is foolishness.

That's right, I don't get paid, and niether do you. Funny thing though, it really doesn't matter. I disagreed with your belief that Bush will have 14 or less touches a game. And you tried to make it personal. But that only weighs down on you. Not me. I am successful at what I do not because I listen to "experts" but because I do my own research. You should try it sometime.

Bush was brought in to to be an impact player. Not ride pine. Whether his touches comes by ground or air makes no difference to me, but he will not be a 14 touch or less player.

i can't fathom how people can watch bush run and then compare him to barry sanders. ridiculous statement.

a souped-un warrick dunn, folks. period.

Do you realize that Deuce's contract is over 50mil? He's going to carry the ball some, whether you like it or not.

If you think Bush is going to be lined up in the slot all the time, you're sadly mistaken. They will put him in there for certain packages, but it's not going to be an every down thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Not to mention, the Saints blow. They'll be playing from behind all year, so it's not like they'll be running the ball a lot. They're run D sucks, so people will control the clock and limit how many plays the Saints run.

A lot of reasons why he won't be a stud this year. I believe he's an amazing talent, and I think he'll do very well. But if you're in a redraft league, I'd let someone else waste the pick this year.

You do realize that contract total is not gauranteed? Duece gets 12.5 mil gauranteed in his deal. His deal isn't as big a deal as Bushes alone in that fact.

That doesn't even mention that Deuce is returning from a 2 year injury. If the Aints decide to push Deuce, they would be foolish. It's the perfect situation for them. Let Deuce do his thing but at a reduced amount of touches. When down in the game (and they will be down) Bush is a threat out of the back field to get into open space. He is likely to see extra touches in garbage time, and they will be in garbage time alot.

You do realize that contract total is not gauranteed? Duece gets 12.5 mil gauranteed in his deal. His deal isn't as big a deal as Bushes alone in that fact.

That doesn't even mention that Deuce is returning from a 2 year injury. If the Aints decide to push Deuce, they would be foolish. It's the perfect situation for them. Let Deuce do his thing but at a reduced amount of touches. When down in the game (and they will be down) Bush is a threat out of the back field to get into open space. He is likely to see extra touches in garbage time, and they will be in garbage time alot.

Guaranteed money doesn't matter, because they are paying him big money this year already. Unless they suddenly cut him, which isn't going to happen.

ACL's aren't always 2yr injuries btw. You can look at past performances of other players coming off ACL tears the year prior. Jamal Lewis, for instance, did better than the year before he hurt it, in his 1st year back. And he's not the only one to do so, it's not a fluke. Different people respond in different ways to injuries. It's not actually the ACL itself that holds players back that first year, it's in their head. Whether they can take a hit, whether they can make that cut, etc... Two years is just a myth, it doesn't always hold true.

You can believe whatever you'd like about Bush. But the fact remains that he's a rookie on a crappy team, that has a crappy O-line, and he's going to be sharing time (you can argue to what extent all you like, but these are the facts). This is not an equation that will equal fantasy success this year.

Guaranteed money doesn't matter, because they are paying him big money this year already. Unless they suddenly cut him, which isn't going to happen.

ACL's aren't always 2yr injuries btw. You can look at past performances of other players coming off ACL tears the year prior. Jamal Lewis, for instance, did better than the year before he hurt it, in his 1st year back. And he's not the only one to do so, it's not a fluke. Different people respond in different ways to injuries. It's not actually the ACL itself that holds players back that first year, it's in their head. Whether they can take a hit, whether they can make that cut, etc... Two years is just a myth, it doesn't always hold true.

You can believe whatever you'd like about Bush. But the fact remains that he's a rookie on a crappy team, that has a crappy O-line, and he's going to be sharing time (you can argue to what extent all you like, but these are the facts). This is not an equation that will equal fantasy success this year.

this is what I love about this site. People read into everything. I was not arguing Bushes success. I was arguing his chances to stay on the field where others are saying he will be on the bench.

BTW I also had and ACL injury in football. 2 years is far more the norm than 1 year. You can play, but are not likely at 100% until 2 years out. Been there done that.

that is a great commercial. there are a ton of great fantasy football commercials on air these days.

two that come to mind:

a guy is shopping with his girlfriend on a sunday and he checks his phone and says, "yes, portis scored a touchdown, i'm going to the playoffs." the girl replies, "no, no way." and the guy says back, "come on, you promised, do it" and the girl reluctantly opens a gatorade and pours it over his head. he loves every second of it.

the other great one i'm thinking of starts with a guy walking through a draft room and he drops all these magazines on the floor. two guys walk up to him and the first one asks, "first draft?" the guy who dropped the mags says "yeah, how can you tell?" the dude says back, "don't worry, here's some advice, don't worry about running backs, you can trade for them later, kickers go fast better grab one early, and manning retired." the guy says back, "which one?" the dude says "both of them." the newbie says thanks as the dude walks away and says to the other guy there who was watching the whole thing, "wow, what a genius."

both are hilarious.

Stuart Scott and Sean Salisbury where gushing about tonight's performance. Gee, I must have been watching the wrong game. Granted, he made a couple good cuts, and showed some signs of being able to break a play, but come on now..... 1.7 yds!!!! :D

It wasn't just them. The whole Monday Night crew almost wet themselves everytime he touched the ball. They made more over a eight yard gain than any play ever reported on that I've watched. Bush wasn't even the most exciting back playing for the Saints. He was outshined by a back that might not even make the team. I am fully aware of the talent Bush has and the odds that he will be a quality RB but there is no way this guy will ever live up to all this hype.

Well, you guys should be glad about at least one thing.

The more they talked about Reggie, the less time they had to talk about T.O.,

which, two years of almost daily coverage has gotten worse than the O.J. trial days!

I got home just in time to catch the end of the Monday night game and then Sportscenter

and I gotta agree, that was pathetic pumping up of an average performance.

I guess ultimately that Duece's health will dictate how many toches Reggie gets but

I know one thing, I'd have that kid return every punt and kick every game, which for

a team like N.O. amounts to at least 5 touches a game :doh:

P.S> Swampa is right, he's nowhere near the freak Barry was, and noone may ever be again