Sign in to follow this  
Red White and Blue

More delusional Bush followers

From the National Review:

REMEMBERING WHY WE PRAYED FOR A BUSH VICTORY

For those conservatives who feel dismayed at the anti-Bush fashion trend now increasingly in evidence among conservative commentators, several moments in the President's press conference earlier today fell like rain on parched earth. The President took the following question:

Q Mr. President, polls continue to show sagging support for the war in Iraq. I'm curious as to how you see this developing. Is it your belief that long-term results will vindicate your strategy and people will change their mind about it, or is this the kind of thing you're doing because you think it's right and you don't care if you ever gain public support for it? Thank you.

Before we get to the President's answer, recall the presidents this country has known (and will know) who were obsessed with their own popularity. Think of the many times Bill Clinton allowed polling data and political advisers to shape military strategy. Imagine how horrifying it would be right now to have a John Kerry or Al Gore as president — no clear statements of policy, military decisions transparently shaped by "how it's going to look", a White House that smells to high heaven of vacillation, weakness, and even corruption. Imagine all of this for a second — and then consider the President's response:

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Look, Presidents care about whether people support their policies. I don't mean to say, I don't care. Of course, I care.... On the other hand, Ken, I don't think you've ever heard me say — and you've now been covering me for quite a while, 12 years — I don't think I've — 12 years? Yes. I don't think you've ever heard me say, gosh, I'd better change positions because the polls say this or that. I've been here long enough to understand you cannot make good decisions if you're trying to chase a poll. And so the second part of your question is, look, I'm going to do what I think is right, and if people don't like me for it, that's just the way it is.

Bush has virtually never in his political career made a decision that he didn't think was the right thing to do and the right way to do it. Conservatives who are piling on the anti-Bush bandwagon should consider that this trait—which makes the Bush family historically great—is a historical rarity to be treasured. This administration would do well to be more concerned with its popularity — the President and even Vice President should appear every week in press conferences and on the Sunday talk shows — if only to strengthen the political viability of their agenda, and be able to shape the terms of debate. But it was not so long ago that Americans could only wish for a president who was obviously trustworthy, upstanding, and principled. And the day is not far off when we will think ourselves lucky to have seen this President defend the honor and integrity of his office—and the American people—for eight years. The times are difficult, and nobody could have gotten through the last five years without making mistakes. But in that station to which God called him, George W. Bush has been himself honestly, and thank God for that.

Link

So doesn't matter that Bush's presidency has been a failure on almost every level, because he's really trying and he believes in God. I don't even know what to say about the trustworthy & principled bit. I'm not going to get into comparing Bush to Clinton, Gore, Kerry, etc. but unless you've been in a coma for five years I'm not sure how you can laud Bush for his honesty.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. :blink:

Guest Davaco

just imagine if they counted all the votes in florida.

:blink:

just imagine if we didnt have Bush to blame

:blink:

:dunno:

If I could harness the jealousy and rage that MDC has in his heart for GWB, I think we could mitigate our dependence on foreign oil.

If I could harness the jealousy and rage that MDC has in his heart for GWB, I think we could mitigate our dependence on foreign oil.

Attack the messanger - always the first response of a Bush drone. :dunno:

I wasn't attacking. I was just saying that you have a lot of hate for GWB.

Do you not? I mean, you spend a lot of time making sure that everyone here knows that he is doing a crappy job. You have almost made it to where torrid doesn't have anything to do.

Why abort a winning strategy. :(

I wasn't attacking. I was just saying that you have a lot of hate for GWB.

Do you not? I mean, you spend a lot of time making sure that everyone here knows that he is doing a crappy job. You have almost made it to where torrid doesn't have anything to do.

This thread wasn't about the crappy job Bush has done. It was about the psychotic depths of denial that some of his loyal drones will sink to in order to defend the man. :dunno:

So doesn't matter that Bush's presidency has been a failure on almost every level, because he's really trying and he believes in God.

Just like it didn't matter that Clinton was having interns blow him in the white house and lying to grand juries, because the economy was doing great.

Just like it didn't matter that Clinton was having interns blow him in the white house and lying to grand juries, because the economy was doing great.

Sorry, but all things equal, I'd rather have a President taking a hummer in the oval office vs. one lying to start a war.

Blame Clinton - the second strategy of a loyal Bush drone. :pointstosky:

Sorry, but all things equal, I'd rather have a President taking a hummer in the oval office vs. one lying to start a war.

Quiet down. We are not having a logical discussion here. I am trying to get MDC fired up.

Blame Clinton - the second strategy of a loyal Bush drone. :pointstosky:

I didn't blame anyone. I was comparing. Something you LOVE to do but I decided to compare a president with another president, rather than a mascara wearing alcoholic secretary.

just imagine if they counted all the votes in florida.

:pointstosky:

Ugh...just what we need...another voice of ignorance...

lets go over this again Davaco...

Steely Dan is a GROUP not a person, we get FRINGE Benefits, not FRENCH Benefits...

MDC > TORO

in this thread

MDC > TORO

in this thread

cmh6476's dingleberries > edjr

in real life

The blind supporters are almost as annoying, and stupid as the ones who have that blind rage for him, and attack everything he does....

true

The blind supporters are almost as annoying, and stupid as the ones who have that blind rage for him, and attack everything he does....

Bush is objectively a miserable President, so at least the people who attack everything he does are right most of the time. At any rate, I wasn't criticizing Bush. It just amazes me that an otherwise respectable conservative pub like the National Review could be so delusional and blind in their partisanship.

Bush is objectively a miserable President, so at least the people who attack everything he does are right most of the time. At any rate, I wasn't criticizing Bush. It just amazes me that an otherwise respectable conservative pub like the National Review could be so delusional and blind in their partisanship.

They have to be. They want to stay in business, don't they. Who do you think reads this poop, Michael Moore and Hilary Clinton? :D

Bush is objectively a miserable President, so at least the people who attack everything he does are right most of the time. At any rate, I wasn't criticizing Bush. It just amazes the rest of the posters here that an otherwise respectable conservative like myself could be so delusional and blind in my partisanship.

Now read it from our angle.... :banana: :D

Has President Bush done anything right in your mind ?

Has President Bush done anything right in your mind ?

Yes. He showed great leadership in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 and I still support the war in Afghanistan 100%. Otherwise, well ... it's slim pickings. Can you tell me anything he's accomplished? I've noticed that Bush supporters don't have much to say in his defense either, other than to congratulate him for going to church and sticking to his guns (only a virtue if you're right in the first place IMO).

Yes. He showed great leadership in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 and I still support the war in Afghanistan 100%. Otherwise, well ... it's slim pickings. Can you tell me anything he's accomplished? I've noticed that Bush supporters don't have much to say in his defense either, other than to congratulate him for going to church and sticking to his guns (only a virtue if you're right in the first place IMO).

Obviously he is doing a lot right. He has you pissed off. :banana:

no clear statements of policy, military decisions transparently shaped by "how it's going to look", a White House that smells to high heaven of vacillation, weakness, and even corruption.

Yeah, where would we be without our current crystal-clear policies, brilliant non-politically-influenced military decision making, and corruption-free administration?! <_<

Good thing he never vacillated on that whole "Bin Laden; Dead or Alive!" thing too. :banana:

Uhhh .... in the "immediate aftermath of 9/11" ... he sat and read a children's book to a class of kids while the military was scrambling to get clear orders.

And the war in Afghanistan, while I too am supportive of it, has been fairly fruitless.

We haven't had a good MDC vs. Toro thread in like days!@#

:popcorn:

Uhhh .... in the "immediate aftermath of 9/11" ... he sat and read a children's book to a class of kids while the military was scrambling to get clear orders.

And the war in Afghanistan, while I too am supportive of it, has been fairly fruitless.

Give me a break, I was trying to say something positive about the guy. :blink:

He promoted African Americans to the highest posts in US history.

There's something.

He has taken more vacation than any other President. Maybe it will trickle down and I will start getting 3 months of vacation a year. :unsure: :mad: :banana:

OK. Anything else?

Economy is doing pretty good.

He also got some brush cleared on his land.

tax cuts! :unsure:

oh, yeah. Tax cuts that benefitted the rich.

He did that and that is good because I am rich.

Economy is doing pretty good.

He also got some brush cleared on his land.

oh, yeah. Tax cuts that benefitted the rich.

He did that and that is good because I am rich.

Nearly six years and he's hired some blacks and cut taxes. Must be tough work. No wonder he needs all that vacation. :unsure:

Guest Davaco
Ugh...just what we need...another voice of ignorance...

lets go over this again Davaco...

Steely Dan is a GROUP not a person, we get FRINGE Benefits, not FRENCH Benefits...

and if they counted all the votes in florida, Gore would have won the electoral college as well

and if they counted all the votes in florida, Gore would have won the electoral college as well

Still can't get past it. Must be tough living a life full of excuses. :doublethumbsup: