Sign in to follow this  
4thand26

You heard it here: Cambers will outshine R. Moss..

A discussion I had a few days ago. Prove me wrong here:

Chambers will have a better year than Randy Moss! And here's why:

CPepp > Brooks

Fins Off. > Raiders Off.

Fins SOS is easier Raiders SOS

Moss faces Champ Bailey twice and Ty Law twice!

I've watched 3 pre-season games for the Raiders and there inept offensive line just does not give Brooks enough time to connect with Moss. There timing is brutal and even Jerry Rice (commenting last game) criticized Moss for his lack of effort.

CPepp does have tunnel vision, which bodes well for Chambers since he's the #1 guy in Fins land.

Both guys here have tremendous upside but it seems I haven't seen Moss catch a slant or a quick out in 2 years!!

prove me wrong here gents, I've been debating this for the entire offseason.

The one thing you are forgetting is that a healthy Moss >>> Chambers. To me, Moss is the last of the elite WRs for this season and Chambers is in the next tier until proven otherwise. Moss is still the most talented WR in football and with a terrible OL in NO, Brooks put Joe Horn in the Top 10 several years in a row. Same tunnel vision.

In Chambers favor I think Culpepper is >>> Brooks and Saban >> Shell for this season anyway. Not only does Culpepper have the well accepted nice long ball but he's also a very accurate passer (best completion percentage of any active QB). Chambers was targeted a TON last year and a lot of people dinged him for not doing better. A lot of those times the passes targeting him were not well thrown. Will Chambers capitalize more with a more accurate passer? I think so.

i think he will too. a lot of talent around him to get him the ball, while the raiders o just looks like a headache this season.

CPepp > Brooks

Fins Off. > Raiders Off.

I've watched 3 pre-season games for the Raiders and there inept offensive line just does not give Brooks enough time to connect with Moss. There timing is brutal and even Jerry Rice (commenting last game) criticized Moss for his lack of effort.

CPepp does have tunnel vision, which bodes well for Chambers since he's the #1 guy in Fins land.

Both guys here have tremendous upside but it seems I haven't seen Moss catch a slant or a quick out in 2 years!!

I agree and I dont know why you think you are going out on a limb here?.....

CPepp > Brooks

Fins Off. > Raiders Off.

:banana: Well that takes care of that. Consider it fact. I definitely can't prove you wrong.

Were you able to fix the flux capacitor so as to check out the end of the season and then come back to share with us?

Better question is.....prove you're right! <_<

Chambers will do better than Moss this year...but not for any of the reasons you pointed out.

The fact of the matter is that Moss, while immensely talented, has never taken the time or effort to hone his craft and become a professional NFL WR.

He's a freelancer.

He's never been known as a great route runner.

He never neded to be. He was young and he had a QB who he had developed chemistry with. Now he's getting older and has a new QB that he has to get in sych with. As much as brooks suck...how easy do you think it is for him to get used to clicking with a guy like Moss...as a QB he really doesn't offer much except the long ball.

Also, OAK is very deep at WR.

MIA? Notsomuch.

Actually…I’m a little surprised so many believe this. I’m obviously not the only guy out there that think’s this. To me, its not so much that Moss won’t have a really good year, its that I think C(h)ambers will have a top5 year… I think that offense will click!!

oh and scottlaroc...why did yo have to remind me!?!??!

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks Moss will outperform Chambers... Unless of course they drafted Moss...

Actually…I’m a little surprised so many believe this. I’m obviously not the only guy out there that think’s this. To me, its not so much that Moss won’t have a really good year, its that I think C(h)ambers will have a top5 year… I think that offense will click!!

oh and scottlaroc...why did yo have to remind me!?!??!

I can't believe that you posted the same topic on that-other-forum-that-will-not-be-named! How bad do you need affirmation that Chambers is a good WR? He is a good WR, but he is going to have to have a few good years before I would say he is better than Moss.....and I understand that you are saying that he will be better this year, not as a whole. Yes I do have Moss this year, and yes I am scared about it!

Note: I only went to that other forum as I kept getting DB errors when trying to access this one. :)

I don't think this topic is too surprising. Didn't Chamers outshine Moss last year too???

Chambers is going to be huge this year, IMO.

I'm not going to make predictions on who will have a better year. I've always loved Chambers and spent a 5th or 6th rounder on him in both 2004 (bust) and 2005 (steal). I've also always been a huge Moss fan although I've only owned him 1 time (traded Cadi for him in week 3 or 4 last year).

Anyways.... I think Brooks looked pretty good a couple days ago. He targeted Moss deep twice (nearly caught a 45 yard TD) and they connected on atleast one 15 yard slant. Everyone knows if Moss doesn't get his he's gonna whine about it until he does. The Raiders will also be playing from behind quite a bit which bodes well for Moss. No matter what anyone says, I still think Brooks is a better QB then Collins. The two things that worry me about Moss are 1) injury, and 2) not getting those short fades in the red zone. I haven't seen Shell call the jump ball play once in pre-season yet. Those short jump balls have always been the bread and butter for Moss (along with the deep ball).

Chambers imo has just as many questions marks as Moss. New coaching staff, QB coming off major knee injury, lots of talent around him, etc. etc. The fact that Chambers is younger makes him a bit less of an injury risk but afaic everyone in the NFL is an injury risk. Anyone can see what happened to Rackers, Akers, Vanderjadt, etc. and know that nobody is safe from injury.

I like the potential upside from both and that's why I've been flip/floping them back and forth on my cheatsheet just like a majority of you i'm sure.

I can't believe that you posted the same topic on that-other-forum-that-will-not-be-named! How bad do you need affirmation that Chambers is a good WR? He is a good WR, but he is going to have to have a few good years before I would say he is better than Moss.....and I understand that you are saying that he will be better this year, not as a whole. Yes I do have Moss this year, and yes I am scared about it!

Note: I only went to that other forum as I kept getting DB errors when trying to access this one. :ninja:

??why not? there's a billion fantasy football Prognosticaters out there and only thousands on this site?

the main reason I posted this thread is to question why EVERY projection or ranking I've seen this off-season has Moss ahead of Chambers...yet everyone replying to this thread agrees that Chambers will do better than Moss....

I think a good thread like this deserves to be on more than just one forum. don't you?

??why not? there's a billion fantasy football Prognosticaters out there and only thousands on this site?

the main reason I posted this thread is to question why EVERY projection or ranking I've seen this off-season has Moss ahead of Chambers...yet everyone replying to this thread agrees that Chambers will do better than Moss....

I think a good thread like this deserves to be on more than just one forum. don't you?

Probably because they all want Moss and play in leagues with other FFToday members. Or am I pretending I would rather have Moss so I can draft Chambers in the 3rd?

ITSATIP: most of the FFT geeks have an agenda a week or two before draft day.

btw: I'm taking SJax with the 4th overall pick... :doublethumbsup:

CPepp > Brooks

Fins Off. > Raiders Off.

Well, I dont' own either Chambers or Moss, I am a Miami homer, but I also like Moss.....

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Moss still outperforms Chambers this year. With Moss, the sky is the limit for FF WR production. This is a guy who caught 15+ TD's and 1400+ yds twice, and been over 10 TD's and 1200 yds 2 other times. With Moss you get a bonafide threat to have the #1 WR in any given year.

Now, Chambers has broke 10 TD's one time. While my heart and brain tell me he should have no problems repeating last years success and add another 10-15% in production, my gut tells me different.

Miami and Saban are runaholics. They will run the ball, then run the ball some more, and guess what? Run it again. Saban will not force feed any WR / TE on Miami the ball if they have a lead, and the defense is "just" good enough that they should be able to protect a lead. This year will be the Ronnie Brown show, at least till he gets hurt.

Not only will Saban protect the lead with the run game, but he protects CPep by running as much as possible.

With Oakland and Moss, your looking at a bad team in general, but a coach that wants to win. Moss will see so many looks over the course of the season, that it's easy to believe he can end up putting up numerous 5 catch 120 yd 2 TD days, just from catching long balls in garbage time.

While I don't necassarily think Moss will outperform Chambers this year, this should be at least one thing people think of when they compare Moss to Chambers.

I still think Chambers will be a steal if you draft him in rounds 4 or later, and I don't think Moss will live up to late round 2, early round 3 hype.

CPepp > Brooks

Fins Off. > Raiders Off.

"Yo! Man!, this is in-your-face extreme fantasy footbal commentary, PROVE ME WRONG or back off dude. That's right, no one has ever had this opinion, you heard it here first foo!"

I could have saved you some time. Nothing can be "proved" until the season is over.

Too bad that didn't come up in your debate, or else you might have been able to spend some time doing something constructive.

I like Moss this season and thinking (hoping) he'll stay healthy. Chambers seemed up and down last season. Either having a big game or just a enough catches to make the stat sheet. Plus we all saw how Culpepper did with out Moss last season. Hopefully Chambers can help turn this around.

But as a owner of both I hope they finish the season as #'s 1 and 2.

looks like we have a bunch of friggin' english teachers in the house. 'Prove me wrong' is a figure of speech when someone wants to get a point across...so stop with the grammatical and definition critiquing and voice your opinion you dumb asses!!

Culpepper is still staring down his intended targets.

Half the field is being ignored.

This will make it tougher for the receiver to complete the pass.

This will increase chance Cpepper throws a ton of INTS again.

This will keep him from getting a ring.

Besides, has he taken a hit on the knee yet?

Twice. He had 11 in both '03 & '05.

Good catch, I forgot he was ok in 2003. Point still stands though, 2 seasons with 10+ TD's Vs. Moss's 6 seasons of 10+ TD's.

Moss has had 2 consecutive bad years, yet people aren't taking him out of their top 10. I personally don't get that - sure, Moss has some skills, but he hasn't even had a good GAME in the past couple years, much less put a bunch of them together. Did he even have a 100 yd, 1-TD performance all last year?

Reminds me of David Boston over the past four years.

Note I also agree that Chambers still needs to prove himself to be called "elite". However, I think he'll do alright this season. I remember some of the catches he made last year were sick - he's got more talent than people give him credit for.

I think it's a tie.

Chambers is in a much better situation. Moss has much more talent to make up for Brooks and Co. A healthy Randy will be equal to Chambers this year. Just don't expect Randy's 1600/17 type season. Randy and Chambers are top 10'ers.

PROVE ME WRONG!!!