Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Is the Curly Night situation an elaborate hoax?

Let's not forget getting shipped back and forth from home to the hospital with an unexplained SWELLING OF THE FOCKING BRAIN that can't be explained. That happens all the time.

Wouldn't head trauma from an alleged auto accident be the explanation of the brain swelling?

What a focking soap opera. :doublethumbsup:

Wouldn't head trauma from an alleged auto accident be the explanation of the brain swelling?

The issue is not the source of the brain swelling (I believe I used language that those "close to the situation" used) - it's that there is a brain swelling issue and she's being transported back and forth to the hospital instead of remaining in the hospital.

you may be on to an explanation here

If the person supplying the updates has access to this board then why didn't they just post them? Why email you for you to post them?

Gutter... he's already given a very plausible explanation for this.

- The girl is very naive about the evil internets.

- She is afraid of us and now she's REALLY askeered because some people are questioning the legitimacy of the story.

- She lurks here, but apparently doesn't register because she doesn't know how to come up with a username that will not in any way be able to be traceable to her real life existence.

- She decided, instead, to use those involved in prior Geek Board pranks, to handle the dissemination of information regarding the tragedy that has occurred.

DUH!

If the person supplying the updates has access to this board then why didn't they just post them? Why email you for you to post them?

The nameless, faceless third party is an integral part of a good con. Not only does it help explain away what might otherwise be completely unexplainable, it provides a patsy on which every illicit act can be blamed once said illicit acts are uncovered.

Again I ask, how is that not a solicitation? :thumbsup:

It IS a solicitation, no matter what sort of semantical games the op cares to play.

*Friend 3 sets up a post office box to receive super-important cause donations*

Friend 3 to all his other friends: Hey here's a post office box I set up for you all to send donations for this super-important cause! If you want to donate to our super-important cause you can send money to this post office box I set up!

Wasn't a P.O. box that was given out to send donations to, but keep on speculating there guys.

:thumbsup:

The issue is not the source of the brain swelling (I believe I used language that those "close to the situation" used) - it's that there is a brain swelling issue and she's being transported back and forth to the hospital instead of remaining in the hospital.

Yeah, one would think that doctors would make absolutely sure that the brain swelling would be gone before sending someone home from the hospital in a couple of days. Since, you know, it's your brain and all.

Still the whole calling it "unexplained" left me quite perplexed. There's a fairly obvious explanation for it.

LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!!!

Wasn't a P.O. box that was given out to send donations to, but keep on speculating there guys.

:thumbsup:

Analogies are often used to illustrate debate points. For the point I was making, there's no logical distinction between a P.O. box and an e-mail address. Because he's a logical person, I'm sure that Strike will understand this.

Guest Davaco
Have we ruled out CN crashing into the Pentagon yet?

it was a missle that took out the pentagon.

idiot :thumbsup:

If this turns out to be a hoax, I think Strike would be guilty of a crime or something. We may need a lawyer.

If this turns out to be a hoax, I think Strike would be guilty of a crime or something. We may need a lawyer.

If they can keep it going for 3 more years, I'm your guy. :thumbsup:

I have spoken with CurlyNight offline once regarding getting in on some Geek poker league stuff (I got busy applying for scholarship & loans for law school so I never followed up on it). Although I will feel duly sh!tty if it turns out to not be a hoax, I am ashamed to admit that I, too, have had questions...if not about whether or not the accident was real then about some of the stuff I have read on the T&P board. Specifically:

Huh? If this is true this is honestly the first time I have EVER heard of such a thing.

Three things here:

1. The topic of illegal immigration has been debated ad nauseum on these boards, which to me lends to suspicion.

2. Why would anyone who is still in intensive care fighting for her life have her car in for repairs?

3. Related to 2, I have lost three friends to drunk-driving accidents. In neither of the three cases was their car not totaled. In fact, their cars were barely recognizable as cars. It just doesn't add up.

Add to this the mysterious nature of the hospital to which dolfan alluded in the T&P thread, and it certainly might seem fishy to some.

I've been posting here since 2001 (not under this name, obviously) and I have seen quite a few pranks here. While none have been anything near this in terms of scope, it would not be entirely out of the realm of possibility for this to indeed be a Geek board prank.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case, and I will continue to keep CN in my thoughts and prayers in any case...

I understand how you feel, but you must understand that such suspicions are not necessarily an indictment of you. Rather, it is the very nature of the Internet itself. From online predators to thieves trying to steal peoples' identities/credit card numbers to people running around on their spouses, it is essentially one's DUTY to be skeptical of what one reads in forums such as these.

It IS sad that things are this way...but it's not just "this place." It's EVERY place online.

Really well said. I'll feel like a complete b!tch if this gets back to her and she was truly hurt. CN's e-mailed me before and comes across really sweet. I've kind of avoided the thread for her because if it's all true, I'd definintely be praying a lot for her, as it stands I've thought and prayed for her thinking "if this is true,..." Can't help it, and I have nothing personal against her.

But I don't think this is a board prank, Strike and JK wouldn't be in on it, it's evident they really care. There are just things that seem a little suspicious. The main thing where it would have to be incredilbly elaborate is the assistant, and both of their names being on the practice website. That makes me think it's true, and her assistant is just sensitive, unfamiliar with the internet. I don't think people are asking too much, and if in the end, she was in an accident, then hopefully everything could be reasoned off as human nature to ask questions. It's the internet for sh!t sake, everyone should completely understand why everyone else would have questions. Her assistant might not but I think CN wouldn't even take this personally. How can you get offended by people doubting you, when they don't know you? All we see is typed words, and we have human nature mixed in. Nothing unduely insensitive about it given the context.

It's bothersome. Just want to wish her well and send thoughts her way, not feel suspicious, but can't help it.

Why would the assistant know to email Cyric et al upon the accident. Did she have their email addresses handy? Unless someone had correspondence with the assistant before the accident, this doesn't make sense. If I got in an accident tomorrow, nobody I know would email any of you.

nobody I know would email any of you.

Your wife would email me and tell me to get my ass over there pronto! WooHoo!

*POW ZING*

Why would the assistant know to email Cyric et al upon the accident. Did she have their email addresses handy? Unless someone had correspondence with the assistant before the accident, this doesn't make sense. If I got in an accident tomorrow, nobody I know would email any of you.

She's been lurking here "for a long time." Maybe one of these guys just posted their email address for something unrelated, and that's how she got it?

Yeah... that's it... that's the ticket!

What's funny is, the day this comes out I say it's crap and I get a load of sh!t about it.

Now it's a free for all :wub:

This is unraveling even faster than the 2burtsfkn hoax! :wub:

It's like an X-files episode...you keep going Agent Mulder...

Exactly what I said the day this came out.

If 98% of us died, no one would ever know. Gutter if you died is your wife going to come here and tell us? I mean give me a focking break. :P

"how the fock does someone off the board, know enough to contact someone on the board when they've never been here"

This is why it's always safer to assume everything you read here is a LIE. It's that simple!

thats because nobody here likes you!

as long as your mom keeps liking me, I'm good. :o

Exactly what I said the day this came out.

If 98% of us died, no one would ever know. Gutter if you died is your wife going to come here and tell us? I mean give me a focking break. :lol:

"how the fock does someone off the board, know enough to contact someone on the board when they've never been here"

This is why it's always safer to assume everything you read here is a LIE. It's that simple!

as long as your mom keeps liking me, I'm good. :bandana:

Perhaps, when she came over to feed CN's birds, she heard numerous messages from Cyric on CN's answering machine... :dunno:

The main thing where it would have to be incredilbly elaborate is the assistant, and both of their names being on the practice website.

Yeah the above is what is making me pause. And if one calls the practice the person(s) that answers can either play it off to continue the hoax or they can advise me that Curly is in fact hurt and thus I will feel like a SOB.

But I think the Sanctuary folk are on top of things so we may know either way shortly.

Perhaps, when she came over to feed CN's birds, she heard numerous messages from Cyric on CN's answering machine... :bandana:

Ah.

Perhaps, when she came over to feed CN's birds, she heard numerous messages from Cyric on CN's answering machine... :bandana:

"Hey, CurlyNight, how are you doing? This is Cyric from the Geek Club at FFTodayForums.com? Remember me? My email address is cyric@fftoday.com? Yeah, well, just checking in to see how you're doing. Give me a call or have your assistant come over and lurk at the Geek Board for a long while."

You and Strike and Jerrys need to get your stories straight.

What's funny is, the day this comes out I say it's crap and I get a load of sh!t about it.

Now it's a free for all :bandana:

You didn't have all the points that were raised today. You just went with "liar, liar, pants on fire".

"Hey, CurlyNight, how are you doing? This is Cyric from the Geek Club at FFTodayForums.com? Remember me? My email address is cyric@fftoday.com? Yeah, well, just checking in to see how you're doing. Give me a call or have your assistant come over and lurk at the Geek Board for a long while."

You and Strike and Jerrys need to get your stories straight.

Whatever Clouseau...

Seriously, you really are a sad little man, but very amusing in a train-wreck sort of way.

You didn't have all the points that were raised today. You just went with "liar, liar, pants on fire".

No... edjr has no where NEAR the credibility of ANY of the other posters who have called specific details into question. It really wouldn't have mattered. :doublethumbsup:

However, he can be proud that he did, indeed, "call it," and I think that will be enough for Big Ed.

No... edjr has no where NEAR the credibility of ANY of the other posters who have called specific details into question. It really wouldn't have mattered. :doublethumbsup:

However, he can be proud that he did, indeed, "call it," and I think that will be enough for Big Ed.

LOL, so I guess that makes you the same level as Edjr... pathetic and stupid.

Whatever Clouseau...

Seriously, you really are a sad little man, but very amusing in a train-wreck sort of way.

No, that's Gutter. Remember, I'm the angry internet "toughguy" who likes to argue about nonsensical BS like cooking steaks.

What's a trainwreck is this story. One way or the other, the truth will be exposed, so if it is true, you should have no problem with people like me blathering on about it.

In the meantime, how about a focking update on her condition?

No, pathetic and stupid is coming to a hacked FFT and getting into the Adminstrator end of things and then posting people's IP addresses and getting banned and then coming back here as an alias.

That's pathetic and stupid.

Pathetic and stupid is not ignoring the disbelievers and continuing to post the updates for those who do believe.

Calling into question some of the important details surrounding the alleged accident... is hardly pathetic and stupid.

I think Meph is the mastermind behind this whole focking thing. :doublethumbsup:

Rather than insulting the people who are raising questions, why not just answer the questions? Isn't it more pathetic and stupid to allow people to send money that they've earned, when there's legitimate questions as to whether the story you're telling (or have been given) is untrue and you're one of the few people here in a position to remove people's doubts?

I think Meph is the mastermind behind this whole focking thing. :doublethumbsup:

The only thing I'm the mastermind of is starting this thread. Nothing more.

No, pathetic and stupid is coming to a hacked FFT and getting into the Adminstrator end of things and then posting people's IP addresses and getting banned and then coming back here as an alias.

burrrrrrrrrn

Rather than insulting the people who are raising questions, why not just answer the questions? Isn't it more pathetic and stupid to allow people to send money that they've earned, when there's legitimate questions as to whether the story you're telling (or have been given) is untrue and you're one of the few people here in a position to remove people's doubts?

He could pick a number of trustworthy individuals with whom to share specifics and expect the information to remain private. I always think of Rusty Syringes at the top of that list - he probably has more Geek personal information than any 10 others and shares none of it.

Further, Rusty is a hardcore newsman... so he could check out a story, accident report, SOMETHING associated with the above issue and simply confirm or refute it. I mean sh!t, all he would need to do is name a town and an intersection and time of accident... Johnny McNewsman could call the police station and confirm that such an accident occurred on said date and time.

It's WAY too focking easy to put this issue to rest. WAY. I'm talking WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

No, that's Gutter. Remember, I'm the angry internet "toughguy" who likes to argue about nonsensical BS like cooking steaks.

What's a trainwreck is this story. One way or the other, the truth will be exposed, so if it is true, you should have no problem with people like me blathering on about it.

In the meantime, how about a focking update on her condition?

Pathetic and stupid is not ignoring the disbelievers and continuing to post the updates for those who do believe.

Calling into question some of the important details surrounding the alleged accident... is hardly pathetic and stupid.

I didn't post any IP's. Stop lying.

I am ignoring the disbelievers, I'm just calling you out as the ###### you are...and I did post my emai l on the first page for people who wanted to know to contact me directly. So you are wrong again.

Call anything you want into question. You are an ass, I wouldn't piss down your throat if your stomache was on fire after seeing how you treat/act with people on this board. So I could hardly give a sh!t about your opinion.

Call anything you want into question. You are an ass, I wouldn't piss down your throat if your stomache was on fire after seeing how you treat/act with people on this board. So I could hardly give a sh!t about your opinion.

I'm crushed. I am so hurt. Keep avoiding the central issue.

Don't forget, I'm not the one who originally called this BS into question. I simply sought to remove it from the "Accident" thread in the event the BS actually isn't BS.

The only liar here is the one claiming to be "ignoring" the disbelievers. I eagerly await your next reply.