Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Is the Curly Night situation an elaborate hoax?

I am logical. Apparently you are not. My response was to a comment about the fact that if money is being donated it is reasonable for people to question this. My point is that, if the criteria for being able to question this is donations, why the heck is it reasonable for people who ARE NOT donating to question this? Because noone who has donated has questioned this.

Thanks for insulting me personally. Here's a logical response. If I witness someone getting taken in by a convincing con artist to the point where that person gives the con artist money, it's perfectly legitimate and reasonable for me to raise questions about things the con artist said in order to get money out of the victim, whether the victim realizes they were victimized or not.

Too bad Cyric and I have been seen at the same poker table together. Of course, I have been accused of playing with myself but I don't think that's what was meant...... ;)

I have no doubt Cyric plays poker from 2 different seats at the same time.

it's pretty damn easy. 2 IP's, 2 machines. :sleep:

Thanks for insulting me personally.

Whatever. Take it how you want. You asked why a response to a very specific question proved this story was true. Your response wasn't a logical conclusion to the post I made. But I'm not here to get in to a pissing match. Believe what you want. Thanks to you, Edjr, and a few others no updates are being posted here. Well done.

Believe what you want. Thanks to you, Edjr, and a few others no updates are being posted here. Well done.

Frankly, I consider this more circumstantial evidence of a hoax. So what you're telling us is that due to a few non-believers, you won't continue to post updates for the many who believe?

Sounds to me like someone who is trying to avoid putting forth more questionable information before it gets to be too late. :thumbsdown:

I guess those of us who believe the story will be happy when those who are part of the inner circle post the updates on your behalf. Thanks.

Whatever. Take it how you want. You asked why a response to a very specific question proved this story was true. Your response wasn't a logical conclusion to the post I made. But I'm not here to get in to a pissing match. Believe what you want. Thanks to you, Edjr, and a few others no updates are being posted here. Well done.

dude, you are turning this into a pissing match. I just asked a reasonable question, did you ever think that there may be more of us here who would like to make donations, but bc there is a lack of info that some are hesitant to do so?

Good gosh, hopefully I can run over to TDZ and read up on it there.

Frankly, I consider this more circumstantial evidence of a hoax. So what you're telling us is that due to a few non-believers, you won't continue to post updates for the many who believe?

Sounds to me like someone who is trying to avoid putting forth more questionable information before it gets to be too late. :thumbsup:

I guess those of us who believe the story will be happy when those who are part of the inner circle post the updates on your behalf. Thanks.

It's not me. The updates are not being posted because the person who provides them has requested they not be posted due to the insensitivity some here have shown to the situation.

dude, you are turning this into a pissing match. I just asked a reasonable question, did you ever think that there may be more of us here who would like to make donations, but bc there is a lack of info that some are hesitant to do so?

There's nothing any of us could post, without compromising CN's identity, to prove that this is true. So, like religion you'll just have to have blind faith. Noone is asking you to make a donation. Anyone who has done so has done so of their own free will. I'm done with this thread. I should never have gotten involved in it in the first place.

It's not me. The updates are not being posted because the person who provides them has requested they not be posted due to the insensitivity some here have shown to the situation.

There's nothing any of us could post, without compromising CN's identity, to prove that this is true. So, like religion you'll just have to have blind faith. Noone is asking you to make a donation. Anyone who has done so has done so of their own free will. I'm done with this thread. I should never have gotten involved in it in the first place.

Well tell that person to stop being such a whiny, crybaby dickhead and continue to post the updates regardless of the few who are non-believers or are otherwise questioning the veracity of the story?

Ever hear of the saying METHINKS THOU DOTH PROTESTETH TOOTH MUCHETH!!!

You and the others who are allegedly close to the situation are friggin' drowning in it.

So I guess the common theme among CurlyNight's friends is that they're all either con artists, or easily butt-hurt. <_<

I remember when Curly Night was outed as Fishterr, some lame alias that trolled in all the threads the curlies were in and made many not very nice comments. I don't consider people like that to be close, personal friends. I'd rather be locked in the back seat of Buffington's car than meet people like that.

I remember when Curly Night was outed as Fishterr, some lame alias that trolled in all the threads the curlies were in and made many not very nice comments. I don't consider people like that to be close, personal friends. I'd rather be locked in the back seat of Buffington's car than meet people like that.

Yeah that's kind of what I was talking about before. Everyone's talking about how nice CN is, but some of the crap she's pulled suggests to me that she may be over-obsessed with message board stuff to the point of pulling weird-ass stunts like trying to hoax the Geek Club into believing she's dying.

:blink:

Yeah that's kind of what I was talking about before. Everyone's talking about how nice CN is, but some of the crap she's pulled suggests to me that she may be over-obsessed with message board stuff to the point of pulling weird-ass stunts like trying to hoax the Geek Club into believing she's dying.

:dunno:

How dare you question anything from the internet. :mad: :mad:

:dunno:

Wasn't she also obsessed with "love" for Cyric to the point of stalking him or something?

I have spoken with CurlyNight offline once regarding getting in on some Geek poker league stuff (I got busy applying for scholarship & loans for law school so I never followed up on it). Although I will feel duly sh!tty if it turns out to not be a hoax, I am ashamed to admit that I, too, have had questions...if not about whether or not the accident was real then about some of the stuff I have read on the T&P board. Specifically:

One of the directors of the hospital…his gift to her is she will have no balance due!!

Huh? If this is true this is honestly the first time I have EVER heard of such a thing.

Last I heard on the guy that hit her is he was a drunk illegal immigrant. He didn't hit and run because his own car was trashed so he was captured at the scene. He of course didn't have insurance. Curly's insurance paid for her car repair.

Three things here:

1. The topic of illegal immigration has been debated ad nauseum on these boards, which to me lends to suspicion.

2. Why would anyone who is still in intensive care fighting for her life have her car in for repairs?

3. Related to 2, I have lost three friends to drunk-driving accidents. In neither of the three cases was their car not totaled. In fact, their cars were barely recognizable as cars. It just doesn't add up.

Add to this the mysterious nature of the hospital to which dolfan alluded in the T&P thread, and it certainly might seem fishy to some.

I've been posting here since 2001 (not under this name, obviously) and I have seen quite a few pranks here. While none have been anything near this in terms of scope, it would not be entirely out of the realm of possibility for this to indeed be a Geek board prank.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case, and I will continue to keep CN in my thoughts and prayers in any case...

Sometimes I hate this place. Here I have a person that I consider a close friend who is reported to be in an accident. And yet I have to entertain the possibility that maybe, just maybe this is part of some grand hoax, that the person I consider a close friend has spent an inordinate amount of her time just to pull my chain? From almost the beginning, every time I get an update I read it with a suspicious eye. Threads I have with her that seem off (e.g., some personal questions) I cut short. This is no way to live a life. Maybe I need a break.

I understand how you feel, but you must understand that such suspicions are not necessarily an indictment of you. Rather, it is the very nature of the Internet itself. From online predators to thieves trying to steal peoples' identities/credit card numbers to people running around on their spouses, it is essentially one's DUTY to be skeptical of what one reads in forums such as these.

It IS sad that things are this way...but it's not just "this place." It's EVERY place online.

Honestly, what's got me more suspicious than anything is the general "I'm taking my ball and going home" butt-hurt response we're getting from the posters who are supposedly closest to her, one of whom solicited money and gifts in her name. It doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to answer some basic factual questions in a way that doesn't spill personal information on the board, especially since these same posters had no difficulty at all asking people to trust them when they asked for thoughts and prayers and solicited money and gifts.

I have lost three friends to drunk-driving accidents. In neither of the three cases was their car not totaled. In fact, their cars were barely recognizable as cars. It just doesn't add up.

Good catch Dan. These guys are bad at doing the hoax.

The illegal immigrant was 'captured', like he was a bear or something. Like he couldn't have run away by the time the police got there.

Curly Night's haid practically fell off. The car just needed a new radiator and front grill. The insurance company took care of that poste haste.

I guess that's CN's accident <_<

Honestly, what's got me more suspicious than anything is the general "I'm taking my ball and going home" butt-hurt response we're getting from the posters who are supposedly closest to her, one of whom solicited money and gifts in her name. It doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult to answer some basic factual questions in a way that doesn't spill personal information on the board, especially since these same posters had no difficulty at all asking people to trust them when they asked for thoughts and prayers and solicited money and gifts.

What a crock if you're referring to me. I never solicited anything. One (or more) third parties suggested it, Jerryskids thought it was a good idea but said he couldn't coordinate it. I offered to coordinate it because I had recently sent CN something in the mail and grown close to her. Noone had to contribute but some people chose to. Go back and reread the thread instead of bastardizing the facts.

And, at times, CN has acted nuttier than a fruitcake (no offense to MDC).

In keeping with the "take-ball/go-home" suspicions, I agree that it is BEYOND odd that, because of the actions of a "doubting few" - those who are allegedly close to the situation would not continue to update the majority who are interested in knowing CN's progress. That's just a focking bizarre reaction.

And guess what? In a scant few weeks, CN will show up here all rehabilitated and substantiate the claims that the hoax crew have been making, and we'll never have any real proof of it happening or not. That's not only CN's style, it's Cyric's, too. It will likely coincide with the start of basketball season.

AND FURTHER, if, God forbid, this is true and she dies, may the Good Lord above have mercy on my soul. <_<

I am now STAUNCHLY on the side of complete disbelief.

Maybe she just wasn't wearing a seat-belt, so that the accident would have done more damage to her than the car. Immigrants aren't always as sensitive to car safety as American citizens.

And, at times, CN has acted nuttier than a fruitcake (no offense to MDC).

In keeping with the "take-ball/go-home" suspicions, I agree that it is BEYOND odd that, because of the actions of a "doubting few" - those who are allegedly close to the situation would not continue to update the majority who are interested in knowing CN's progress. That's just a focking bizarre reaction.

And guess what? In a scant few weeks, CN will show up here all rehabilitated and substantiate the claims that the hoax crew have been making, and we'll never have any real proof of it happening or not. That's not only CN's style, it's Cyric's, too. It will likely coincide with the start of basketball season.

AND FURTHER, if, God forbid, this is true and she dies, may the Good Lord above have mercy on my soul. <_<

I am now STAUNCHLY on the side of complete disbelief.

Updates are not going to happen here because the person supplying the updates has requested that they not. That person is not someone familiar with this bored but has seen the venom coming from some of you and thinks it's disgusting. Therefore, those who want the updates will get them offline so as not to bother those of you who think this is a hoax.

Updates are not going to happen here because the person supplying the updates has requested that they not. That person is not someone familiar with this bored but has seen the venom coming from some of you and thinks it's disgusting. Therefore, those who want the updates will get them offline so as not to bother those of you who think this is a hoax.

That person - CurlyNight. And who gives a rat's ass if anyone thinks it's a hoax? I'm emailing for the updates!!! :hyper:

The illegal immigrant was 'captured', like he was a bear or something.

<_<

What a crock if you're referring to me. I never solicited anything. One (or more) third parties suggested it, Jerryskids thought it was a good idea but said he couldn't coordinate it. I offered to coordinate it because I had recently sent CN something in the mail and grown close to her. Noone had to contribute but some people chose to. Go back and reread the thread instead of bastardizing the facts.

I've created an E-mail account to coordinate a geek group gift for CN. Anyone interested in contributing please send an E-mail to curlynight@socallounge.com. I will accept donations until sometime next week and then we will collectively decide what to send.

Do you deny that you posted this? And how exactly is a request for voluntary donations not a solicitation?

Here's the thing... people like Cyricsnoopy, Strike, and Jerryskids better either be telling the truth or be in on the hoax, because I've now commissioned a crew to get to the bottom of this, and rest-assured, we will.

If it's not the truth and you're NOT in on it, I feel really focking sorry for you guys... those of you who have "grown so close" to her.

Curly Night's haid practically fell off. The car just needed a new radiator and front grill. The insurance company took care of that poste haste.

I guess that's CN's accident :doublethumbsup:

To be fair, people have died in auto accidents (usually by not wearing seatbelts) where there was minimal damage to the vehicle. However, this is the exception, not the rule.

We haven't even addressed that, in most states, insurance companies require at least two estimates before sending out a check or paying for repairs. What family member or friend is going to spend time phoning body shops while their loved one is in intensive care?

Do you deny that you posted this? And how exactly is a request for voluntary donations not a solicitation?

sure I posted that. It wasn't a solicitation. I agreed to coordinate something several people thought would be a good idea. This was simply a way to let them know how to contact me and make a donation. Are you denying that the thought of a gift was brought up WAY before I ever posted that?

If the person supplying the updates has access to this board then why didn't they just post them? Why email you for you to post them?

If we can't know the name of the hospital, how about giving us the name of the body shop that performed the repairs on CN's car? We should be able to confirm an accident that way without her name being divulged.

Let's not forget getting shipped back and forth from home to the hospital with an unexplained SWELLING OF THE FOCKING BRAIN that can't be explained. That happens all the time.

sure I posted that. It wasn't a solicitation. I agreed to coordinate something several people thought would be a good idea. This was simply a way to let them know how to contact me and make a donation. Are you denying that the thought of a gift was brought up WAY before I ever posted that?

Friend 1: We should collect money for this cause that's really super-important!

Friend 2: Yeah that's a great idea! I would totally donate to this super-important cause!

Friend 3: I agree that that super-important cause is super-important! I'll set it up so that people can send money for this super-important cause!

*Friend 3 sets up a post office box to receive super-important cause donations*

Friend 3 to all his other friends: Hey here's a post office box I set up for you all to send donations for this super-important cause! If you want to donate to our super-important cause you can send money to this post office box I set up!

Again I ask, how is that not a solicitation? :doublethumbsup:

If we can't know the name of the hospital, how about giving us the name of the body shop that performed the repairs on CN's car? We should be able to confirm an accident that way without her name being divulged.

Because we can't look up a body shop in the general vicinity of where she lives (those of us who know where she lives). Toolbag. :doublethumbsup:

Nothing short of a link to her workplace will convince me at this point. AND I'M ALL OVER IT!!!