Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Is the Curly Night situation an elaborate hoax?

Rather than insulting the people who are raising questions, why not just answer the questions? Isn't it more pathetic and stupid to allow people to send money that they've earned, when there's legitimate questions as to whether the story you're telling (or have been given) is untrue and you're one of the few people here in a position to remove people's doubts?

First off, I didn't coordinate the gift thing.

What questions? Honestly, She was in an accident, there were complications, why? It's nobody's focking business.

As far as Dr. Rosenpenis and Meph questioning my credibility...rat's ass. As I've stated I personally think he's an incredible ass. After seeing his response and actions in the past, the last thing I would ever do is give him one piece of someone's personal information. Ask MDC about that.

A few people know me off the board, and all would vouch for my character, honesty and credibility. I actually find it surprising that anyone hear would question my credibility on this.

I'm crushed. I am so hurt. Keep avoiding the central issue.

Don't forget, I'm not the one who originally called this BS into question. I simply sought to remove it from the "Accident" thread in the event the BS actually isn't BS.

The only liar here is the one claiming to be "ignoring" the disbelievers. I eagerly await your next reply.

I just told you I wouldn't piss down your throat, do you really think I give a crap what you think, you don't need to post about your hurt feelings...

And I haven't avoided the central issue, I have sent multiple emails to people all day, who expressed concern. I don't care if people choose not to believe me.

After seeing his response and actions in the past, the last time I would ever do is give him one piece of someone's personal information. Ask MDC about that.

:bench: Ask a guy who claims that I posted his personal information anywhere when I didn't?

That's a good reference. :banana:

I think Meph is the mastermind behind this whole focking thing. :thumbsup:

Has he ever claimed to have been in a barbershop quartet in Skokie(sp?) Illinois? :ninja:

I just told you I wouldn't piss down your throat, do you really think I give a crap what you think, you don't need to post about your hurt feelings...

That's a relief given that I'm not into that sort of thing.

And I haven't avoided the central issue, I have sent multiple emails to people all day, who expressed concern. I don't care if people choose not to believe me.

I'm concerned, too! Regardless of whether or not the story is true, I hope CurlyNight is gets back to her old self.

The Truth is:

jerrykids was/is trying to be nice and was tricked into helping strike/cyric/curlynight aliases get attention and money/gifts from everyone.

Why not share the name of the hospital?

Why not share her location or newpaper link?

If the hospital comped her bill, I'd like to send a thank you to them as well. Address?

Don't give us this sh!t its compromising her identity. Someone is full of sh!t.

Y'all are going to feel really badly when CurlyNight comes back and starts typing like "Nell" because she has permanent Drain Bamage from the accident.

"Taaaaaaa inda Wiiiiiiiiiiinn"

The Truth is:

jerrykids was/is trying to be nice and was tricked into helping strike/cyric/curlynight aliases get attention and money/gifts from everyone.

If the hospital comped her bill, I'd like to send a thank you to them as well. Address?

You just don't get it, do you? :thumbsup:

Further, Rusty is a hardcore newsman...

THTOP IT! I'M GONNA TINKLE!!! :blink: :D

Rusty.....hardcore......newsman....I....can't....breathe..... Stop It! ROTFLMAO!!!

Oh gawd, I'm gonna be giggling all night over that one! You got me there boy!!! :thumbsup:

First off, I didn't coordinate the gift thing.

What questions? Honestly, She was in an accident, there were complications, why? It's nobody's focking business.

As far as Dr. Rosenpenis and Meph questioning my credibility...rat's ass. As I've stated I personally think he's an incredible ass. After seeing his response and actions in the past, the last thing I would ever do is give him one piece of someone's personal information. Ask MDC about that.

A few people know me off the board, and all would vouch for my character, honesty and credibility. I actually find it surprising that anyone hear would question my credibility on this.

It doesn't matter who coordinated the gift thing. The fact is that people who are "in contact" with CurlyNight or her coworkers or whoever are aware that internet strangers are sending money and gifts in reliance on representations on a message board that she was in an accident, and the people who are "in contact" with CurlyNight and her coworkers or whoever shouldn't get all butt-hurt if people start looking behind those representations.

As far as what questions, here's a few to start--do you know what hospital she's staying at? Have you confirmed independently (i.e., other than through conversations with her) that the hospital where she says she's staying actually exists and she's actually there? If so, how have you confirmed it? Have you seen any other independent confirmation that she was in an accident and that her injuries are as severe as you've been told they are?

I'm really not questioning your credibility and if this is a hoax I can see how you could have been duped just like everyone else. And if it isn't a hoax, then like I've said a few times she has my best wishes for a speedy and permanent recovery.

The Truth is:

Other's have posted this too, what newspaper. I live in a city of 500K, accidents not invovling fatalties, don't get ink. The area CN lives in is larger then that...

I don't know this Curly broad, however I will add my own thoughts after reading all these posts and some from the pinned thread...If there is a hoax:

#1 - Strike is in it. In a way he called out SUX when SUX said he will send the check. Srike made some smart a$$ comment about how is SUX going to send the check when he doesn't know where to send it. Now this may seem harmless, but this is actually pressure from Strike to SUXBNME to send money.

#2 - Only one, maybe two of the gifts people bought were mentioned in the pinned thread. One was a Miami Heat Teddy Bear, that one of the conspirators claimed was from Strike.

#3 - People were asked not to send flowers. This could be legitimate, but could also be said because they don't want flowers, they want cash.

#4 - The pinned thread goes up and down, up and down...she's going home, she's going back to the hospital, she's getting better, there's swelling. Could be a way to prolong the thread, and keep us guessing without giving too much information.

#5 - The "mysterious" third party...c'mon? Edjr was right from the start and you people got all hurt and sensative. Even Edjr gave in to the onslaught of attacks, and apologized. Youre first reaction was the right one edjr

Other's have posted this too, what newspaper. I live in a city of 500K, accidents not invovling fatalties, don't get ink. The area CN lives in is larger then that...

Well, we'll look and see for ourselves. TIA!!!

I have been going back and forth as to whether I wanted to contribute to this thread or not and obviously decided to.

I spoke with CN almost on a daily basis off of fftoday and have no doubt she is in fact real, a lady and have seen her company website with her name listed on it. I dont' think at all that her, cyric or JK would try to pull such an evil prank on anyone, especially some that actually do care for her. CN is constantly in my thoughts and prayers I hope for a complete recovery from her accident so I can continue the friendship we had established and hopefully her life can regain some sort of normalcy.

With that being said, I also don't think it's unreasonable for some to have doubts. This is the internet and I dont' know shiot about most of you, the same with many of you, so for the question to be raised as to the legitimacy of this situation I think is only expected. How some people have been handling it or some of the comments that have been made I think lack a bit of character, but the question itself I think is a logical one. Again, I have no reason to doubt myself, but that others do I don't think is unexpected.

JMO of course.

I think that Strumey is the mastermind behind the whole thing. He sets up some front that is an online poker... ironically, Cyric and Strike are finalists. Strike wins. He allegedly gets fronted the money to participate in the WSOP. When he loses his ass early on, he is into Strumey to the tune of $10,000 - the entrance fee for the WSOP. In reality, Strumey is a loan shark and not Strike has to find a way to raise a LOT of funds and do it fast. He and Cyric concoct the CurlyNight accident fraud and the money starts pouring in.

It's friggin' brilliant if you ask me!

:tinfoil hat:

I have been going back and forth as to whether I wanted to contribute to this thread or not and obviously decided to.

I spoke with CN almost on a daily basis off of fftoday and have no doubt she is in fact real, a lady and have seen her company website with her name listed on it. I dont' think at all that her, cyric or JK would try to pull such an evil prank on anyone, especially some that actually do care for her. CN is constantly in my thoughts and prayers I hope for a complete recovery from her accident so I can continue the friendship we had established and hopefully her life can regain some sort of normalcy.

With that being said, I also don't think it's unreasonable for some to have doubts. This is the internet and I dont' know shiot about most of you, the same with many of you, so for the question to be raised as to the legitimacy of this situation I think is only expected. How some people have been handling it or some of the comments that have been made I think lack a bit of character, but the question itself I think is a logical one. Again, I have no reason to doubt myself, but that others do I don't think is unexpected.

JMO of course.

Hey, thanks for your contribution, Burt. :wacko:

Again, Piss, Throat, Fock Off

It's too bad it wasn't you who got drilled by a drunken driver, you angry b!tch!

Better luck next time! :mad:

JMO of course.

How do we know YOU'RE real? :wacko:

If an alias sees another alias in the woods, is she really there?  God, this getting scary. How do I know I'M not an alias?   - I might actually be Rusty! (oh god no, ANYTHING but that!!!)

Hey, thanks for your contribution, Burt. :wacko:

It's too bad it wasn't you who got drilled by a drunken driver, you angry b!tch!

Better luck next time! :mad:

Who's angry. :lol:

People can believe what they want to believe. I've tried very hard not to be a pr1ck in making my points here but it's a little frustrating to be insulted and brushed off for asking legitimate questions that ought to be easy to answer.

:wacko:

I think that Strumey is the mastermind behind the whole thing. He sets up some front that is an online poker... ironically, Cyric and Strike are finalists. Strike wins. He allegedly gets fronted the money to participate in the WSOP. When he loses his ass early on, he is into Strumey to the tune of $10,000 - the entrance fee for the WSOP. In reality, Strumey is a loan shark and not Strike has to find a way to raise a LOT of funds and do it fast. He and Cyric concoct the CurlyNight accident fraud and the money starts pouring in.

It's friggin' brilliant if you ask me!

:tinfoil hat:

Thats a law and order episode waiting to happen there. :wacko:

I don't know this Curly broad, however I will add my own thoughts after reading all these posts and some from the pinned thread...If there is a hoax:

#1 - Strike is in it. In a way he called out SUX when SUX said he will send the check. Srike made some smart a$$ comment about how is SUX going to send the check when he doesn't know where to send it. Now this may seem harmless, but this is actually pressure from Strike to SUXBNME to send money.

ROFLMFAO. Go find the post where I said it. It was in a response to a post from Sux where he said, for like the 5th time, that the check was on it's way. I was curious as to where he was sending it since he'd never asked for my address. And, if you ask SUX, I'm sure he'd say he felt no pressure whatsoever as a result of that comment. He and I are night post buds. It isn't like I've never spoke to him before. Now this post really made me laugh, the first time in this whole thread. :wacko:

Hey, thanks for your contribution, Burt. :mad:

Better luck next time! :lol:

First off, bite me biotch - burt I am NOT!

Secondly just the single comment about too bad it wasn't him that got drilled by a drunken driver shows your entire lack of any respect for human kind. I don't care if they were my worst enemy (and I have had plenty of those) I would NEVER wish anyone to be hit by any vehicle, let alone a drunk driving one.

Man, you need to check yourself dude. Sometimes you can go a bit far. Seriously. :wacko:

How do we know YOU'RE real? :unsure:

If an alias sees another alias in the woods, is she really there?  God, this getting scary. How do I know I'M not an alias?   - I might actually be Rusty! (oh god no, ANYTHING but that!!!)

I have met other geeks with pics included. 3 separate pics to be exact, but if you chose to still question this, that is by all means, your right.

JMO of course.

Well, I think it's safe to say that this whole CN thing is a product of sawilson's delusional, Wild Turkey-soaked imagination.

People can believe what they want to believe. I've tried very hard not to be a pr1ck in making my points here but it's a little frustrating to be insulted and brushed off for asking legitimate questions that ought to be easy to answer.

That was my point dolfan. That I dont' blame or am not calling anyone out for questioning the ligitamacy of this at all. I think that its only a normal reaction to a situation such as this one. The questionable comments I was referring to was not any that you had made.

#3 - People were asked not to send flowers. This could be legitimate, but could also be said because they don't want flowers, they want cash.

My friend's brother was in an ATV accident last fall. He had head trauma and brain swelling to the extent that doctors removed a portion of his skull before he died to try to relieve the pressure. I don't remember anything about people being told they couldn't send flowers. I could have missed it, though.

My friend's brother was in an ATV accident last fall. He had head trauma and brain swelling to the extent that doctors removed a portion of his skull before he died to try to relieve the pressure. I don't remember anything about people being told they couldn't send flowers. I could have missed it, though.

I think it's pretty standard that when a patient is in the ICU - flowers are not permitted.

Well, I think it's safe to say that this whole CN thing is a product of sawilson's delusional, Wild Turkey-soaked imagination.

:mad:

Ya had to go there didn't yah. Shiot, we could be getting another terrorist attack on the white focking house and your ONLY comment would be that it was obviously in some way the result of my drunken stupidity in some focked up prior life while of course involving another episode of wild turkey soaked whatever your weekly choice would be.... :wacko:

A time and a place rusty my friend, a time and a place.

I think it's pretty standard that when a patient is in the ICU - flowers are not permitted.

I guess I didn't read the updates correctly. I didn't see that she has been in the ICU this whole time.

Yeah, I guess you weren't being a pr!ck when you accused a bunch of us of being con artists and the accused of pulling all sorts of "crap" when she's kinda not capable of defending herself. Nice. :o

Ya had to go there didn't yah. Shiot, we could be getting another terrorist attack on the white focking house and your ONLY comment would be that it was obviously in some way the result of my drunken stupidity in some focked up prior life while of course involving another episode of wild turkey soaked whatever your weekly choice would be.... :o

A time and a place rusty my friend, a time and a place.

Yup, she fell off the wagon again.

:o

Strike didn't pressure me at all. I was feeling guilty that I had not sent the money to him when I promised I would. Initially when we thought she was comming home sooner, we wanted to chip in and get her something nice, and being that I had not payed like I promised that I would, I was worried that he was already counting on my money for the gift, and that he would have to eat it if I didn't pay.

In no way shape or form did Strike pressure me. Actually, he didn't even ask me for money. I offered before there was anything ever set up.

Those who know what CN's real name is can google it and find out that she is a real girl, and does live where she has told us that she does.

I know the geek club has been fairly boring lately, but to make light of this situation, calling it a hoax, whatever is just a sick joke.

At least Brinette9 had the decency to pull his thread off yesterday.

Obviously I haven't been here as long as some, and therefore do not know about all of the "pranks" that have gone down in the past, so I'm sure that alot of you are very leary of being duped.

I don't really know Snoopy, but from talking to JK, I'm 100% positive that there is no way he would lie about this.

Also, SAW has also talked to her, and from what little I honestly know about Saw, (a few phone conversations) there is no way that she would lie about any of this.

Think what you want, after all it's just a chat bored, right?

My fingers hurt :wacko:

Secondly just the single comment about too bad it wasn't him that got drilled by a drunken driver shows your entire lack of any respect for human kind. I don't care if they were my worst enemy (and I have had plenty of those) I would NEVER wish anyone to be hit by any vehicle, let alone a drunk driving one.

Man, you need to check yourself dude. Sometimes you can go a bit far. Seriously. :o

I see... so it's okay for Snoopyric to say he would let me lay there and burn to death with my stomach on fire and he wouldn't even piss down my throat to save me, but if I say too bad it wasn't him, then I take it too far.

How about you shut up? :wacko:

Well we're now over 200 posts into the thread and noone has been able to say that they know what hospital CN is at or whether that hospital actually exists.