Sign in to follow this  
steamypoop

Miami got robbed!

That guy was totally out at the one. Saban threw the red flag WTF? :(

Here is Saban ============> :thumbsdown:

After he threw the flag worse than his QB threw the ball.

Quit crying. :mad:

don't forget that the first td was set up by a pass interference that the refs blew, and a hold on welker's return that they missed

bad calls go both ways

by the way enjoy your long awful season mike mularkey is going to ruin your team

Like it would have mattered. The Phins got destroyed in the second half. C-Pep was floating balls over the middle...I wish Porter would have ran him over on his way to the end zone. Fortunately the Dolphins get the Jets and Bills. I guess Ronnie is only running in the red zone now??.game is tight and they pass, pass, pass,,...weak

This is going to be a problem all year. Who the hell decided it'd be a good idea to get rid of the buzzers! What's a coach supposed to do, storm onto the field and bip the ref in the face with the flag?

That being said, Saban shoulda stormed the field to bip the ref. You could see he was waving the flag to wait until the last minute to try to screw with the Steelers. His ploy failed and it cost him.

This is going to be a problem all year. Who the hell decided it'd be a good idea to get rid of the buzzers! What's a coach supposed to do, storm onto the field and bip the ref in the face with the flag?

That being said, Saban shoulda stormed the field to bip the ref. You could see he was waving the flag to wait until the last minute to try to screw with the Steelers. His ploy failed and it cost him.

HE THREW THE ###### FLAG WHAT THE ######??? :thumbsdown:

HE THREW THE ###### FLAG WHAT THE ######??? :thumbsdown:

It was more like a underhanded fairy toss than a throw...thank god hes not coaching the qb's

HE THREW THE ###### FLAG WHAT THE ######??? :banana:

You're right, he did. Before he kick even. But guess what, the rules have now changed where you can't just throw the flag now. You have to get the refs attention too. I think it's as stupid as you do... but the rest of the coaches will now take note. If you don't tackle the ref and shove the flag down their old wrinkled throats... you won't get your challenge.

So thanks Nick for pointing that out to the rest of the league.

I was pissed because FWP didn't get a goal line carry there when he should have because the guy was out at the 3 yard line.

I had been thinking the same thing. I wanted Willie's TD, and he deserved it!!! The refs didn't cost Miami the game, they cost Willie a TD!

I'm a Steelers fan and couldn't figure out why they hadn't reviewed, until Michaels explained that they can't do the time stamp thing to determine timing. I think they should adjust that. That said, Saban had to know that he was going to challenge. Why did he wait until the last second? And why throw it behind the ref, like he's got eyes in the back of his head?

I told my wife, he should have chucked it at the ref's head. That would have gotten his attention.

But if anyone thinks that Miami lost the game because of that, they are on something. Aside from the mistakes made going the other way, Pittsburgh outplayed them, and did so despite really blowing it at time.

Look:

The Steelers came out in the second half and looked flat. Their opening drive was pathetic, and then Miami just marched down the field against a defense that I didn't recognize. When the Steelers' offense finally woke up, the team seemed to get fired up. Nice play-calling, nice running, Mr. Parker. And then Miami shut down.

But they had plenty of opportunities to capitalize.

If Ike Taylor can catch a cold, Miami probably doesn't score in the second half.

If Pittsburgh doesn't roll over for the first half of the third quarter, this game becomes a rout.

If the offense doesn't turn into the football version of the Bad News Bears at the 1-yard line, then Pittsburgh has another easy TD, and we're probably not discussing the Saban flag incident.

Sorry to ramble. You need to let this go, steamypoop.

And FlaHawker, I understand that you will look for every morsel to grab onto, but this isn't a legitimate one. If you're at all honest with yourself, you know it. Pick a better axe.

Miami really deserved to win that one :headbanger:

It would have been first and goal at the 1.5 yard line....Miami still would have lost by the same score.

You didn't see the Steelers fold up when the pass interference wasn't called (about a 30-40 yard gain). You girlie fans need to grow some balls and roll with the punches.

Move on girlies. Quit your :ninja:

Maybe Saban should take lessons from Cowher, when Cowher throws the red flag he runs down screaming at the ref and throws the flag about 30 yards. Saban practically drops it and whispers hey I threw a flag .lol Stop acting like a little girlie man and throw it like Cowher. Anyhow the next play the Steelers run it in for a TD.

STEELERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STEELERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had been thinking the same thing. I wanted Willie's TD, and he deserved it!!! The refs didn't cost Miami the game, they cost Willie a TD!

I'm a Steelers fan and couldn't figure out why they hadn't reviewed, until Michaels explained that they can't do the time stamp thing to determine timing. I think they should adjust that. That said, Saban had to know that he was going to challenge. Why did he wait until the last second? And why throw it behind the ref, like he's got eyes in the back of his head?

I told my wife, he should have chucked it at the ref's head. That would have gotten his attention.

But if anyone thinks that Miami lost the game because of that, they are on something. Aside from the mistakes made going the other way, Pittsburgh outplayed them, and did so despite really blowing it at time.

Look:

The Steelers came out in the second half and looked flat. Their opening drive was pathetic, and then Miami just marched down the field against a defense that I didn't recognize. When the Steelers' offense finally woke up, the team seemed to get fired up. Nice play-calling, nice running, Mr. Parker. And then Miami shut down.

But they had plenty of opportunities to capitalize.

If Ike Taylor can catch a cold, Miami probably doesn't score in the second half.

If Pittsburgh doesn't roll over for the first half of the third quarter, this game becomes a rout.

If the offense doesn't turn into the football version of the Bad News Bears at the 1-yard line, then Pittsburgh has another easy TD, and we're probably not discussing the Saban flag incident.

Sorry to ramble. You need to let this go, steamypoop.

And FlaHawker, I understand that you will look for every morsel to grab onto, but this isn't a legitimate one. If you're at all honest with yourself, you know it. Pick a better axe.

Morsel to grab onto? What the hell are you talking about? The referring in the NFL has been horrible for quite some time. It was horrible again last night, at times for both teams. With all the revenue this league rakes in, you think they could put some competent refs on the field consistently? I'm not asking for pefec t refs; I am asking for at least competent. Not too much to ask for, IMO.

You people are focking stooges. :wacko:

Yeah so the challenge the play and they put the ball on the 2 yard line, Pittsburgh walks it in on the next play. WOW big difference in the game. :doh: :huh: :o

You should have heard me last night... I started FWP and my opponent had Heath Miller... That is a 12 point swing in my book... :pointstosky: :wub: :P :cry:

You people are focking stooges. :wub:

Yeah so the challenge the play and they put the ball on the 2 yard line, Pittsburgh walks it in on the next play. WOW big difference in the game. :wub: :huh: :wub:

You mean like when Batch previously walked it in from the two yard line?

I don't know about robbed, but I saw quite a few holding call that went unflagged on Pittsburgh. Clear calls where guys were turned around and impeded. They let them play on both sides in the first half.

I wasnt at all happy AGAIN with the officiating last night. BUT Saban was 100% in error for his whimpy flag toss then just standing there staring at it like a whipped puppy.

Maxim (I think it was) reported that every single play is reviewed post game and graded. Its time those officiating grades get published. Maybe that'll give some incentive to make the calls better.

This is where college football rules are vastly superior to the NFL. In college that play would have been reviewed automatically, without a coach having to ask for a review by throwing some rediculous red flag.

My favorite horrible reffing sequence from last night was the blown PI call on the deep ball to Cedric, followed 5 min later (on the next drive) by the make-up PI call on the uncatchable ball thrown near the endzone (i forget the WR)...

The officials screwed up, Saban screwed up, everybody screwed up. Miller was obviously out inside the 5 yrd line, I was watching it live on TV and saw it even before the replay clearly showed it. Had I been Saban, I'd have had the flag in the officials hand before they ever walked up the field to kick the extra point, that was definitely Saban's bad there. However, does that really change the outcome of the game so much? Steelers 1st down inside the 2 is pretty good odds considering they were running all over Miami at that point. What DID change the game was the non-call on the CLEAR pass interference on Cedric Wilson which would have given the Steelers a first down inside the Fin's 20, followed by the blatant hold on the Welker punt return that resulted from that missed interference call and ended up giving Miami the ball inside the Steelers 15. That's a 75 yard swing in 2 plays and a possible swing of 10 or 14 pts (3 or 7 the Steelers lost, and 7 the Fin's gained). Miami, and their fans, should feel fortunate to have only lost by 11 considering the Burgh gave away a score on the goalline TD on that stupid fumble, missed a gimme FG, the Steelers were the ones who got jobbed by the officials, and the Fin's were playing against the Steelers BACKUP QB. This game had blowout written on it and one bad play and two shitty calls for Miami kept it closer than it should have been. That game easily could have been 35-10. Take your well deserved loss and shutup.

The officials screwed up, Saban screwed up, everybody screwed up. Miller was obviously out inside the 5 yrd line, I was watching it live on TV and saw it even before the replay clearly showed it. Had I been Saban, I'd have had the flag in the officials hand before they ever walked up the field to kick the extra point, that was definitely Saban's bad there. However, does that really change the outcome of the game so much? Steelers 1st down inside the 2 is pretty good odds considering they were running all over Miami at that point. What DID change the game was the non-call on the CLEAR pass interference on Cedric Wilson which would have given the Steelers a first down inside the Fin's 20, followed by the blatant hold on the Welker punt return that resulted from that missed interference call and ended up giving Miami the ball inside the Steelers 15. That's a 75 yard swing in 2 plays and a possible swing of 10 or 14 pts (3 or 7 the Steelers lost, and 7 the Fin's gained). Miami, and their fans, should feel fortunate to have only lost by 11 considering the Burgh gave away a score on the goalline TD on that stupid fumble, the Steelers were the ones who got jobbed by the officials, and the Fin's were playing against the Steelers BACKUP QB. This game had blowout written on it and one bad play and two shitty calls for Miami kept it closer than it should have been. Take your well deserved loss and shutup.

Give this man a gold star and a check ++

It was a sissy throw, and the even if the challenge was upheld, Pitt was likely to score anyway so I don't think Miami got robbed under the new rule.

But I still don't like the new rule -too subjective. It should be either the red flag is on the field before the play starts or not. Easy enough to check on the replay.

Speaking of new rules, how do you like the new time rules in College ball? Purdue got screwed last weekend on a long kickoff return - return man went out of bounds with 13 seconds left in the half - Ref's put the ball in play and started the clock and Purdue couldn't even get a snap off. Tiller is still :dunno: which is ok with me because I'm a Hoosier fan (code: Glutton for Punishment), but it sounds like this rule could be a big deal this year.

I'm a Miami fan, and even I don't think they got robbed. The game was theirs to win in the 4th quarter, and they completely fell apart. No one made Lehan (Le-who??) commit the hands to the face penalty, and the officials didn't leave Heath Miller wide open, or guide the ball into Porter's hands.

That said, they *were* beating the Champs in the 4th quarter, Saban has to work on their game-closing skills.

That said, they *were* beating the Champs in the 4th quarter, Saban has to work on their game-closing skills.

Yeah, boy that's what I got out of that game too, it was particularly the 28-17 score that made me think they were beating the Champs. Oh yeah, and the fact they rushed for 38 yrds total, had 50% less time of possession, etc. There's a difference between "beating the champs" and "leading the champs". And Miami was only "leading the champs" because they were handed a minimum of a 10 point swing earlier in the game.

Yeah, boy that's what I got out of that game too, it was particularly the 28-17 score that made me think they were beating the Champs.

As for your distinction between "leading" and "beating" -- if a team wins a game with worse stats than the losing team, does that mean they didn't beat them? True, Miami's meltdown there in the 4th handed the Steelers the win (neither team was exactly on fire until that point), but they were indeed "beating" the Steelers going into the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, Miami apparently can't close out a game -- hopefully that's fixable.

hahaha. SOmeone had Heath going against them...

WAAAA, WAAAAAA. I want my mommy. WAAAAAAA

;)

Yeah, boy that's what I got out of that game too, it was particularly the 28-17 score that made me think they were beating the Champs. Oh yeah, and the fact they rushed for 38 yrds total, had 50% less time of possession, etc. There's a difference between "beating the champs" and "leading the champs". And Miami was only "leading the champs" because they were handed a minimum of a 10 point swing earlier in the game.

They were beating them. Pittsburgh made two plays. That said, Miami didn't look like they will be challenging the Pats. Miami only has themselves to blame.

The only people that got robbed were fantasy owners going against Miller.

Saban wins the timid gay flag toss competition!!

Maybe instead of ;) about the refs missing his red flag, he should b!tch slap his staff in the booth who had plenty of time to view that play. However, they still waited until just before the snap to throw the flag. They should have decided to throw it after one look at the replay.

don't forget that the first td was set up by a pass interference that the refs blew, and a hold on welker's return that they missed

bad calls go both ways

by the way enjoy your long awful season mike mularkey is going to ruin your team

The difference is that the Steelers weren't going to make the same mistake again from the 1 and would have scored anyway. Miami was far less likely to score without that missed pass interference penalty.

Probably wouldn't have affected the outcome (though it certainly may affect the outcome of some fantasy leagues!), but it's another embarrassment for the NFL in terms of the officiating. They didn't need that.

The only people that got robbed were fantasy owners going against Miller.

Saban wins the timid gay flag toss competition!!

;) exactly. Well that and those going against or had FWP and got lucky/unlucky.

They were beating them. Pittsburgh made two plays. That said, Miami didn't look like they will be challenging the Pats. Miami only has themselves to blame.

;)

Yeah. That was all Miami. Cause if we learned nothing else last night, we did learn that Pittsburgh sucks.

When I saw the play as it happened, I certainly didn't notice that his foot had slid out of bounds. Although there was a slight degree of doubt in my mind that he had gotten in, I probably would have called it as a TD if I'd had to make the call on the field (before seeing the replay, that is). So I won't fault the refs on that call.

On the other hand, if I had been Saban with any degree of doubt, I would have thrown my red flag almost immediately. If there were any question about a TD scored against my team, I would gladly sacrifice a time out to make sure the call was correct.

The fault here was Saban's for taking so long to throw the flag and for not doing more to make sure the refs saw it. Once the next play has been run, there's no going back. If Madden and Michaels knew that -- and they did, immediately -- Saban should have known that, too.

Probably wouldn't have affected the outcome (though it certainly may affect the outcome of some fantasy leagues!), but it's another embarrassment for the NFL in terms of the officiating. They didn't need that.

Hardly. Calls are missed all the time, and when the play is 5-10 yards ahead of the official and he's likely concentrating more on the location of the ball as the player is going down it is even more forgivable.

The refs not seeing the flag was Saban's fault. He was playing the victim before he was a victim by throwing it out there quietly right before the kick and then not even making an effort to get the attention of the refs. He just stood there with a stupid look on his face.

Morsel to grab onto? What the hell are you talking about? The referring in the NFL has been horrible for quite some time. It was horrible again last night, at times for both teams. With all the revenue this league rakes in, you think they could put some competent refs on the field consistently? I'm not asking for pefec t refs; I am asking for at least competent. Not too much to ask for, IMO.

Don't watch then or do something about it (unlikely since you're the whining type). you sound like a pathetic woman who only complains and points out problems but provides no solutions.

Just a continuation from last year's super bowl of horrendous officiating. This is just the beginning. :thumbsdown:

One game might be a coincidence. Might. What we have here is a full blown conspiracy. Again.

Saban threw the flag back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left...