Sign in to follow this  
texasmouth

TRADE FOR CULPEPPER WHILE HIS STOCK IS LOW

I will put a solid guarantee out there that in the next three weeks, Culpepper passes for 600+ yards and at least 4-6 Touchdowns.

week 2- Home VS Bills (250 Yards, 2 TD) Bills are solid but he will at least match his numbers from Pitt.

week 3- Home VS Titans (350 Yards, 2-3 TD) Titans are awful.

week 4- Road VS Texans (300 Yards, 2-3 TD) Texans arent great against the pass. Could have a better day.

Tough matchup

week 5- Road VS Pats (250 Yards, 1-2 TD) Pats are good but not that good against the pass, he will at least match his Pitt game as he gets more and more healthy and comfortable

week 6- Road VS Jets (300 Yards -3 TD) The Jets are rebuilding and have a young defense.

week 7- Home VS Green Bay (300 Yards, 2-3 TD) The Packers are possibly the worst team in football.

BYE (Possibly 2000 yards by the bye week in week 8)

After a miserable fantasy performance in Pitt to open things, C-Pepp still managed to get 260+ Yards and should have had at least 1, possibly two touchdowns against the best defense in football at Heinz field. No one plays good at Heinz field. He is still recovering and still getting into game shape. This was his first FULL game in a long time. He will get better as the season goes on and he has some cup cake games while he is getting there.

TRADE FOR C-PEPP NOW WHILE THE OVER REACTING IDIOTS ARE DOWN ON HIM.

Remember that I said this, I will gladly eat my words if I am not right.

I will put a solid guarantee out there that in the next three weeks, Culpepper passes for 600+ yards and at least 4-6 Touchdowns.

week 2- Home VS Bills (250 Yards, 2 TD) Bills are solid but he will at least match his numbers from Pitt.

week 4- Road VS Texans (300 Yards, 2-3 TD) Texans arent great against the pass. Could have a better day.

Tough matchup

week 5- Road VS Pats (250 Yards, 1-2 TD) Pats are good but not that good against the pass, he will at least match his Pitt game as he gets more and more healthy and comfortable

week 6- Road VS Jets (300 Yards -3 TD) The Jets are rebuilding and have a young defense.

week 7- Home VS Green Bay (300 Yards, 2-3 TD) The Packers are possibly the worst team in football.

After a miserable fantasy performance in Pitt to open things, C-Pepp still managed to get 260+ Yards and should have had at least 1, possibly two touchdowns against the best defense in football at Heinz field. No one plays good at Heinz field. He is still recovering and still getting into game shape. This was his first FULL game in a long time. He will get better as the season goes on and he has some cup cake games while he is getting there.

Don't forget about his 3-6 ints and 2-4 fumbles.

Quit bumping threads from last year... Oh, wait a minute, my bad.... :wacko:

:first:

Last night C-Pep was WAY off his game...no doubt. He threw high, low, wide and directly to the other team at times. While I agree that he will likely reduce those mistakes as he shakes off the rust, these are still core problems that he has had for a good chunk of his career.

Furthermore, his most glaring problem was and still is that he locks onto a receiver and forces throws to him. That was readily apparent last night and has been something that defenses have exploited before and will continue to do so this season, as I do not think that this is the type of problem that is so easy for a QB to overcome.

Last night C-Pep was WAY off his game...no doubt. He threw high, low, wide and directly to the other team at times. While I agree that he will likely reduce those mistakes as he shakes off the rust, these are still core problems that he has had for a good chunk of his career.

Furthermore, his most glaring problem was and still is that he locks onto a receiver and forces throws to him. That was readily apparent last night and has been something that defenses have exploited before and will continue to do so this season, as I do not think that this is the type of problem that is so easy for a QB to overcome.

Until he can plant his right leg and push/throw/run off of it you will see what you saw last night. He was right on his game. Completing passes on underneath routes with a nice floater here and there, before trying to force things into coverage. The only difference is the intercepted passes were weaker than previous years because he's throwing off of his front foot. This whole situation has the potential to totally ruin his confidence just as easily as you seem to think he'll work through it. That schedule is tempting though.

Guest Johnny Holmes

Culpepper was playing horrible last year before he was hurt.

Culpepper is not even close to being the best colored QB in the NFL anymore. Too many bad decisions late in games. Plus he is a fumbler as well.

Tough matchup

I wouldn't wish Culpepper on my worst enemy.

Culpepper is not even close to being the best colored QB in the NFL anymore. Too many bad decisions late in games. Plus he is a fumbler as well.

DMAC!!!

"Best colored QB" hahah. Calm down Strom Thurmond. In your defense though, he does have absolutely no rhythm. Byron Leftwich is going to school him so bad when they're on "Dancing With the Stars" 4 or 5 years from now.

Culpepper played so horrible that he put up 262 yards against the best defense in football. He threw two picks late in the game, while he was trying to play from behind and do too much. The offensive game plan will be different from here on out.

I could care less about Daunte winning games or being a good leader or a hero or any of that crap, I am talking strictly about his fantasy football numbers. His numbers were fine until late in the game against a great defense in his first game back after almost a year away from football. Are you guys really focking serious with this "hes done" crap? If so, you are just plain stupid. I would be willing to bet the trend is Pitt's defense dominating at home all season.

I stand by what I said. Culpepper will have a strong season and it will start next week.

I love all the over reactors. You guys make this place fun, in a chopping my nuts off with a razor kind of way. :bench:

Right, now go have your slaves work up some dinner from those fields. Last I checked it is 2006.

Culpepper is 5th all-time in passer rating and 3rd all-time in completion percentage...so, I'm not so sure about those core problems over most of his career.

Moss Made C Pep..........he might throw for 3800yds this year but he wont run for much anymore and will end up with almost aas many picks as TDs

Ill say 3800 20 TDs and 10 INTs with 250 yds rushing and a TD....

He will be an alright backup this year.....thank god I have Bledsoe ahead of him..... ;)

Moss Made C Pep..........he might throw for 3800yds this year but he wont run for much anymore and will end up with almost aas many picks as TDs

Ill say 3800 20 TDs and 10 INTs with 250 yds rushing and a TD....

He will be an alright backup this year.....thank god I have Bledsoe ahead of him..... :dunno:

See, those are solid numbers though. He would have been 5th in yards and tied for 10th in TD last season with those numbers.

If you are worried about INT so much I think you should have drafted someone different than Bledsoe and C-Pepp. ;)

I tend to agree that this first game does not accurately forecast his year, otherwise i'd be all scared that ronnie brown won't rush for jack yardage this year. The Steelers are pimps on D. That's undeniable.

Culpepper will serve as an adequate ffb QB; maybe in a serviceable platoon situation. Not his 2004 campaign by any means, but I could see top 10 ffb QB numbers easy.

I would more or less agree with T-mouth's predictions relating to matchups, with the exception of maybe the Pats who just have a way of getting the job done, but I expect nice numbers in weeks 2-4...

-R

Nice analysis. This would be the time to grab him and trade for him. I wouldn't give up much for him though.

Culepepper doesn't seem the same now that he cannot run down the field.

If you can give up little, I like the idea of trying to get him. Who knows, maybe some Culepepper owners are willing to drop him after seeing the 2 INT performances. They weren't that bad picks. Porter and Palo made some good picks.

I think Chambers will have a better role in the future and Brown looked good running.

Nick Saban did a horrible coaching job. Did he think he was at a tea party or in the library when he wanted to challenge in the 4th quarter. Hello, be a man and chuck that thing at a ref.

Hey, might be a good excuse as any to hit a ref and not get in trouble for it. :dunno:

Yes, and then when the bye week comes along and Culpepper has solid numbers, you trade him away while his stock is high.

Look at all the idiots on this bored who are claiming doom and gloom for the dolphins after one game against the Steelers? The same idiots who are ready to put Heath Miller in the hall of fame all ready.

The only thing more shaky than Culpepper's knee is his confidence. The look in his eyes last night after his second INT was the same look I saw many times last season before he got hurt. I don't remember seeing that look in 2004. I say: Be careful, CPepp owners. If his confidence takes a hit, you're in for trouble.

There is only one problem with your buy low theory.. He sucks..

HTH

True this. Culpepper's stock has been low since Randy left Minny because he is nothing more than an average QB who can move around.

Tough matchup

I must say that I agree with the above, of course losing a top wideout at the top of his game will hurt. But who's to say that he can't establish a similar relationship with Chambers and lets not forget how many qb's play well at Pitt, hardly any. Remember how Peyton plays when he plays in New England, let me put it this way HE SUCKS. It's not the end of the world for a QB to struggle against a blitz happy Top D away from home,. Anyway, just my .02, I think people are exaggerating, just a little (if not a lot).

You may be right but who is better? McNabb may be better, Vick stinks, Leftwich seems to be on his way. Brooks is...Brooks. McNair is washed up.

Yes ..

But why .

He has always been a lousy QB , the only advantages he had were he was throwing to MOss and could run the ball due to his size he was successfull,

But now Moss is gone ( so Culp cant throw anymore and because his knee he cant run ) so he becomes a below average QB and the Dolphins were really stupid to get him.

Tough matchup

I hope you have a big appetite because there is a lot of words there , and by the way i disagree completely with Culp is a bad QB .

This seemed very true last nite -- now i am a Daunte owner and the main thing that freaked me a bit last night was how awkwardly he threw.. but I choosing to remain optimistic with the cushy schedule, etc.

But he has that one sequence when he drove them from deep in their own territory to midfield (right before the Palamalu pick, i belive) where he just vapor locked on Chambers.. bang..bang..bang.. maybe 3-4 throws consecutively..i thought, what is Saban doing? It was very "the two biggest kids on the playground" -- hey, but it was effective until the INT.

One thing, i wish everyone would stop giving copious credit for Pitss two picks -- I can see the value of Troy's adjustment and pick, even though that pass was a bad idea, but the Porter pick was a HORRENDOUS throw. Low, across the grain of the field, to the back of WR, basically in the worst spot imaginable and Porter just did what any good LB would do and stepped in and took care of business.

Joey Porter is a terrific football player, but Brian Bosworth would've made the same play and them maybe tongue kissed Cowher on the sideline ;)

I own Culepper, and he looked an awful lot like the same guy that destroyed fantasy teams last year. At least I have Bulger as insurance.

Culpepper sucks ass. Now that he can't ride Randy Moss anymore he won't do sht. And make no mistake... Chris Chambers is NOT even close to Randy Moss... He needs to call Randy and thank him for all that stupid money he made thanks to Randy making him look good...

The madness continues...........

Do any of you idiots realize that Pitt has the best defense in football?

I guess that is asking way too much of dumb people. :rolleyes:

Talk to me again in three weeks when Culpepper rights the ship. :doh:

The madness continues...........

Do any of you idiots realize that Pitt has the best defense in football?

I guess that is asking way too much of dumb people. :rolleyes:

Talk to me again in three weeks when Culpepper rights the ship. :doh:

Dude, quit taking stuff so personal because alot of people don't like your idea.. Look at the guys last 7 games.. He is not a good QB.. Cry more please..

I guess I'm in the minority, but Culpepper looked o.k. out there, not great, not really horrible. The Porter pick was horrible and his fault. The other pick was a ball that a guy like Chambers should make a play on. His receivers had a couple of drops and the two Ronnie Brown touchdowns easily could have been Culpepper TD's on the plays that set them up. Finally, and I haven't seen many mention this, the Dolphins play calling, esspecially in the 2nd half, was atrocious. Pass, Pass, Pass, really predictable stuff. He won't be a top 5 QB, but he should be top 12, probably around where he was drafted in most leagues.

Use the word black. Colored is right up there with the "n" word. Plus we're all colored.

Back to the topic Culpepper will most likely have a below average year this season. Yes he's with a new team, coming off an injury, no Moss, and every thing else that has been said. But none of those are the reason. Its the curse of the super cubs. I've traded for Daunte this off season in my keeper league. And every player that I've traded for has sucked that year. But the fallowing season find away of reaching stud status. So I'll take the blame for this one.

On a side note the questionable player that I choose to drop instead of keeping tends to blow up. So if you have Tatum Bell look for 2000+ total yards and 16 tds.

Culpepper is getting ripped by everyone and their dog but lets take a look at his stats compared to some other QB's:

Culpepper- 512 Yards 1 TD 3 INT

Palmer- 479 Yards 2 TD 2 INT

Simms- 446 Yards 0 TD 6 INT

Hasselback- 431 Yards 1 TD 2 INT

Bulger- 402 Yards 1 TD 0 INT

Brady- 383 Yards 2 TD 3 INT

Plummer 311 Yards 0 TD 4 INT

* Ryan Longwell has more TD passes than Jake plummer and Chris Simms combined

Culpepper's next two games are against Tenn and Houston. I am willing to bet these are the two games where Culpepper finds his stride and gets some timing down with his receivers. It isnt all his fault so far, the offensive line is just plain awful and is giving him no protection.

Culpepper:

10th in completions with 41

9th in passing yards

13th in Yards per attempt

The guy is still coming off a major injury and a year away from football. I say be patient with your expectations, he will get better as he regains his timing and catches up with the speed of the game. DONT DROP HIM YET!

All those guys were also good last year

Last year means what? Oh yeah, nothing.

Culpepper has also played two extremely tough defenses while every one of the other QB listed above have had at least one relatively easy game.

Gotta agree with the turnovers. In any league that penalizes for turnovers, Culpepper is a nightmare!!! He's been my starter for the past two weeks and he will now be on my bench until further notice.

Gotta agree with the turnovers. In any league that penalizes for turnovers, Culpepper is a nightmare!!! He's been my starter for the past two weeks and he will now be on my bench until further notice.

Your making a big mistake then. You started him agains the Steelers and Bills but your benching him against the Titans and Texans? :headbanger:

Great decision. :P