Sign in to follow this  
benbadman

week1: how's your fantasy game(s) going?

How's everyone doing in their most important fantasy league (or leagues if you're a junkie? i guess)??

In my game, I am losing by just one point, 62-63, but I have my Lamont Jordan left versus his Clinton Portis, so I like my chances at pulling out a W to open the season. My Bears D justified their 6.02 pick and Ronnie Brown kept my team afloat even though Hasselbeck gave just a 5 point effort. I benched Hines Ward because Batch + lingering hammy issues scared me off, but Reggie Brown, who I started instead, did nearly as well with a TD and 20. Overall, I had alot of fun following the games this weekend and I think things are looking up for my team once I get some QB production.

So let's hear some stories about your games fellas. Ravens D hurt you? Frank Gore come up big for you? How about those elite RB coming up dry? etc etc.

c.palmer gave me 4 pts, g.jennings 0, j.jurevicious 0

baltimore ravens D 38 :dunno:

i'm down somehow by only 3 with chester taylor left for me, no one for him

thank you ravens D

I am loosing 63-64.

I have C.Taylor and L.T. going tomorrow he has C.Cooley and McCardell. Barring some form of freak game by either of his guys I think I am a lock to win the game. I expect to get about 20-30 points from my 2 guys while maybe 15-20 from his at most.

Up 19....He has LT, McCardell, and Kaeding

I have Rivers and R. Moss going. Not as bad as I thought when Alexander had 3 and C.Johnson 5 points.

Thank you Mr. Kurt Warner

My single worst game ever. Palmer :thumbsdown:

Carolina, Chambers, Watson, Mason :thumbsdown:

Mike "I gues I'm not the starter after all" Bell :thumbsdown:

I'm down 39 with either Chester Taylor or Portis left. I think I'm going with Portis and locking up the first WW pick this week....LOL

in the Geek $$ league I got the week wrapped up. Up by over 15 with Randy and Janikowski still to go with my opponent only having Kaeding.

In my big $$ keeper I'm down by 4 points with Chester left vs. his Santana Moss. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one but preparing my ego for the loss.

My game appears to be an upset over my opponant. I expected him to win, and he expected to win also, but Palmer and Alexander came up short for him. I came at him with Mike Bell and SJax, which both came up great for me. I was sorta scared about how my WRs would do with Housh and SSmith out, but I was optimistic about Evans and RWilliams. They both had bad performances, and Bennett on my bench outscored both of them.

Eli and Shockey gave me the lead at the end of the day, 49-68. He has Janikowski YTP, and I have the Chargers DST YTP. So, yeah.. big upset over him.

I'm kicking azz as usual. Up by 31 points and I still have Randy Moss left vs. his Chris Cooley. And my bench did the best in my league by far! :thumbsdown:

i'm down 4.5. i have santana moss and portis or duckett left. he has brandon lloyd and nate kaeding left. if portis were healthy i would feel great about my chances. at this point i'm thinking about going with duckett and hoping he gets some goaline carries.

I won by 60...thank you Warner and Ravens D (from me)...Damn you Plummer, Joey Galloway, and lee evens (from my opponent) :thumbsdown:

I need 100 and 2 TD's from Moss, probably not going to happen. I can't believe I started R. Brown and Gore and am going to get a L.

Sat Gore, played Bal D and Jeff fuckin Wilkins. Upside is that, pending league approval, im sending SA to that owner for Wilkins. Its a steal, Wilkins is projected at 20+ fantasy points per week, who would have thought for a kicker? Im riding the Wilkins-Train!

I had some very solid games from Rudi Johnson, Dunn, Warner, and Crumpler.

I have 103 points, good for 3rd best for the moment.

I'm playing against the owners with the highest score this week, 139. And he even started Palmer. S. Jackson, Westbrook, Coles, Stallworth, Winslow to name a few. Although he's gonna be surpassed this Monday by the owner who took as his first two picks: Reggie Bush, T.O. (also has Gore, A. Bryant, Shockey, Ravens D).

I really hate weeks like this. I need Brandon Lloyd to get 36 points to force a tie. That would be around 130 yards plus 3TDs in our league.

I REALLY hate weeks like this.

Well in two leagues I seemed to have the "Week 1 All Bust" team going. While my opponents players all seemed to score TDS, take away Gore's performance and I had 2 TDs between two teams

L1: I got 1 TD from my starters & that was Edge.

Palmer: :wall: He did this to me last year, putting up like 5pts in crucial games

Edge: YAY

Parker: YAY

CJ: thanks palmer

Glenn: TD would be nice

Heap: more yards please

Elam: where was your wilkins impression

Miami: u suck

Basically Palmer & Johnson lost me that game.

Expected 75 & 1 from Glenn

Thought Heap would have had more yards

Elam, yea, where was your wilkins impression

Miami, way to turn Batch into a pro bolwer

Edge, conflict of interest as I own him and went against him also

=================

L2:

Brees: : <_<

SA: was this a joke?

Gore: :( :clap: :wub:

Fitzgerald: YAY

Walker: u suck plummer

Gates:

Brown: nice game

Colts ..1pt...

98-74 I am down.

Brees was a coin flip between McNair and Leftwich..ugh

Since TEs get 2pts 15yds recieving, I need gates to absolutely pile in yards and a TD

SA, he basicallyl lost it for me

Gore basically kept me in it

Fitz, thank god but a TD would have been nice instead of 2 people i never heard of

Walker, since Plummer SUCKED, he busted for me

Colts, 1pt? wtf

Yea so I carried some all bust week 1 players today.

/sigh, was voted to be one of the top 3 scoring teams of the week in both leagues

$$

SA and deshaun foster boo.

Listening to people about Chris henry when Housh wasn't player here was bad. Probably should have just gone troy williamson my backup.

Wilkins is whats saving the day for me.

Still wininng by 38 my opponent has kaedling santana moss and brunell.

IDP

Bertandberry got me nothing.... thought he was playing.. ugh. games still too close to call.

Other.

down 5 lamont vs gates.

Warner got me 25 points and Fragile Fred 17. Those two were about the only onces that actually delivered this week.

CJ, Wayne, Droughns and Brown disappointed.

Have the Skins D left to pull out a win, need 11 points... :thumbsup:

I'm down 3.4 points...and I've got Chester Taylor vs. Washington against my opponents Antonio Gates vs. Oakland.

Not looking good.

Haven't won opening day in 3 years now.

Palmer, CJ, R Smith, Indy D all disappointed. Dunn, Barber, and Boldin were upsides. Unfortunately, I got hammered by about 40 points. Team I played against had Gonzales, LJ, Parker, Harrison, Chi D, and Vinatieri. woof.

Good news is the last two years I lost the opening game, I went on to win the championship. Hopefully I can keep the streak up :shocking:

I need LT to outscore Santana Moss by more than 12 points to pull off a victory. Not a single one of my players has found their way into the end zone this week. Not really any bad performances, Willie Parker and Larry Fitz had good games, but the lack of scores killed me. Plus the score of 7/8 of my starters: 64, my 6 reserves: 59. Poor roster moves on my part.

I'm getting smoked. Down by 36 points going into tonights game. I have Cooley and Janikowski left. Is there a snow balls chance in hell Cooley and Janikowski combine for 36 pts?

My leauge scoring is 6 per TD, and 1 pt per 10 yards reception.

So Cooley needs to have like 2 TD's and 100 yards and Janikowski needs like 4 long field goals.

Basically, I am screwed!

I hate Plummer and the Tampa Defense. I got a combined 2 pts from them. :blink:

Plummer is so dead to me... :blink:

Oh where did you go SA???

Santanna has to step it up tonite for me to pull it off, but it will require a couple of TD's and lots of yards to do it so I'm not holding me breath.

What kind of scoring systems do you people use? Do you get a point every time your 2nd TE farts? Geez. Most of the scores in my league are in the 20-30 point range, with only a few teams scoring in the 40-50's, thanks to Bears & Ravens D, and Jeff Wilkins this week. Everyone else blew chunks... including all the studs. Guess if you draft stupid (Bears D in the 6th round) you are rewarded?

(TD Pass = 4; TD run/recept = 6; 300+ yds passing = 3 + 1 pt for every addt'l 20 yds; 100+ yds run/recept = 3 + 1 pt for every addt'l 20 yds; D sack/int = 1; D shutout = 5; D/ST TD = 6)

May Randy Moss and LaMont Jordan (my opponent's 2 going tonight vs. my no-one with a 10 point lead going in) collide during pregam w/ups and be ruled OUT. I know, not likely. I hope it's quick and painless so I can get some sleep tonight! Not expecting to hang on to lead...

:wall:

I'm up 42 and he still has S. Moss and Gates going tonight.. I should be ok unless they totally go off.. They can each get 20 points and I still win.. I feel pretty good but you never know...

10 team all against all...I still have A.Gates going tonight but don't really need him as I pretty much have it wrapped up....not worried about anyone tonight. I'll be 9&0 in the first week! :thumbsdown:

This was one of those weeks i thought I should win easily. I am down 80-28! Needless to say I am disappointed. I have Delhomme, Julious Jones, LT2, Harrison, Coles, Keyshawn, shockey, Tynes, Tampas defense. Oh well, there is always next week.

Even with Gore on my bench, I'm up big! Thanks to McNabb and the Bears D!

Im up by a decent margin.....and the guy Im playing has S Moss and Portis....

Does anyone know the deal with Portis?

earlier in the week he wasn't playing then he was the backup ..now he is supposed to get a good amount of carries...

I need Portis to just stay around 60 or 70 yds...

what does everyone think?

Betts is starting, Portis expected to play. Check any news site & they will have it up.

As for week 1....

1-1 so far....as long as Brooks stays within 20pts of LT I'll finish 2-1 in my three leagues. Sitting F.Gore for Caddy killed me on the one loss. That being said, Tampa's offense really scares me w/ Simms running it. I know they were playing Ray Ray & Co. but Cadillac owners are going to be in for a long season if thats what they have to look forward to.

I got unlucky with 0 points from Trent Green. Also, my league doesn't do fractional points and I had THREE players within one yard of another point.

So now, I have a 19 point lead, but my opponent has LT2 and Gates, so I'm praying they combine for less than 140 yards and 2 TDs (or 260 yards and 1 TD, etc).

-13 with 3 players left against opponent with no players left.

I have:

Lamont Jordan vs. SD

Antwaan Randall El vs. MIN

Chris Cooley vs. MIN