Sign in to follow this  
Gatorclan3

I LOVE BUYING LOW!

I am in a 14-team league and just completed to buy-low trades over the last couple of weeks. The first one was:

Branch (give)

for

Jordan (get)

The second one was:

Thomas Jones (give)

Reggie Brown (give)

for

Chad Johnson (get)

Now my team looks like this:

Mcnabb

Kitna

T. Barber

Jordan

T. Bell (just named full-time starter)

Maroney

M. Morris

Holt

Owens (what is going on here?)

A. Johnson

C. Johnson

Ravens D

I am currently in the process of trying to GET Shockey for Desmond Clark and M. Morris!!!

My team is stacked and I LOVE IT!!! CAN YOU SAY 'CHAMPIONSHIP'!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:first: I spelled 'to' instead of 'two'

It's been a long day :clap:

I am in a 14-team league and just completed to buy-low trades over the last couple of weeks. The first one was:

Branch (give)

for

Jordan (get)

The second one was:

Thomas Jones (give)

Reggie Brown (give)

for

Chad Johnson (get)

Mcnabb

Kitna

T. Barber

Jordan

Maroney

M. Morris

Holt

A. Johnson

C. Johnson

Ravens D

I am currently in the process of trying to GET Shockey for Desmond Clark and M. Morris!!!

My team is stacked and I LOVE IT!!! CAN YOU SAY 'CHAMPIONSHIP'!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

:cheers: I spelled 'to' instead of 'two'

It's been a long day :blink:

That team is STACKED for a 14 teamer.......sick WR core and the RB core certainly will improve as the season progresses. Defeinlty a championship opportunity in your future, especially if you pull of the Shockey deal.

There is a guy in one of my 3 leagues dying to get rid of Chad and Daunte, figure I might take a shot witha nice low ball offer and get lucky.

When it was first reported that Shaun may miss 4 weeks, I immediately offered Frank Gore for SA. I'm surprised it was actually accepted, but I guess SA's former owner was getting desperate for a win (he's 0-3).

Branch (give)

for

Jordan (get)

The second one was:

Thomas Jones (give)

Reggie Brown (give)

for

Chad Johnson (get)

Mcnabb

Kitna

T. Barber

Jordan

Maroney

M. Morris

Holt

A. Johnson

C. Johnson

Ravens D

My team is stacked and I LOVE IT!!! CAN YOU SAY 'CHAMPIONSHIP'!!! :mad: :banana: :banana:

:thumbsdown: I spelled 'to' instead of 'two'

It's been a long day ;)

You play with morons congrats, but no need to brag about playing with morons

Early this morning I traded Fred Lane for TO in my keeper league off my Dead Player Pool. What a steal he practiced today. :blink:

I'm almost embarrased to list this one, it was proposed to me in a money league where the winner gets $1000.

I give Mi. Robinson, RB SF (this is yahoo so he also has WR eligibility)

I get Antonio Gates.

Ummm.... I accept the deal, thank you.

I offered Ronnie Brown and Dallas Clark for Shaun Alexander.

He accepted but it hasn't gone through yet.

Picked up TO off waivers today.. Well I am #1 on waivers and it executes Saturday anyway..

I traded Rudi and Edge for Portis, TO, and Randy Moss. Then traded Thomas Jones for Cadillac Williams.

Picked up TO off waivers today.. Well I am #1 on waivers and it executes Saturday anyway..

What an overeaction.

Giving SA and Fitz for ROY, Bush and Eli

I like the deal, really needed a qb

I'm almost embarrased to list this one, it was proposed to me in a money league where the winner gets $1000.

I give Mi. Robinson, RB SF (this is yahoo so he also has WR eligibility)

I get Antonio Gates.

Ummm.... I accept the deal, thank you.

where's that guy with the playing with your mom joke when you need him.

:doh:

Just traded Frank Gore and Michael Vick for Tom Brady and Reuben Droughns

I have LT2, Reggie Bush, Kevin Jones, Michael Turner and now Droughns so I can withstand losing Gore and plus I sold him high (possibly right before his value plummets, injured and maybe losing goal line carries).

I had Vick and Warner as QB's so I think Brady is a clear update.

Branch (give)

for

Jordan (get)

The second one was:

Thomas Jones (give)

Reggie Brown (give)

for

Chad Johnson (get)

Mcnabb

Kitna

T. Barber

Jordan

Maroney

M. Morris

Holt

A. Johnson

C. Johnson

Ravens D

My team is stacked and I LOVE IT!!! CAN YOU SAY 'CHAMPIONSHIP'!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:banana: I spelled 'to' instead of 'two'

It's been a long day :banana:

Great trades for you. Horrible for the other owners. I hope you win, it serves them right.

:banana: I got LaMont Jordan for Ahman Green and Joe Horn. I thought it was a good deal.

no it wasn't... :doh:

Giving SA and Fitz for ROY, Bush and Eli

I like the deal, really needed a qb

That's horrible but the way the season's going, it could end up in your favor.

I don't mean to sound like an a$$, but I never get the point of these kind of threads. I mean some of these trades and pickups are absolutely ridiculous. Its obvious you are not playing in competitive leagues. Good for you if they are money leagues, but its not like you are pulling off some kind of exceptional strategic accomplishment. Don't brag about taking candy from a baby...

I traded Fred Taylor, Drew Brees and Joe Horn for

Darrell Jackson

DeShaun Foster

Rex Grossman

I then traded:

Grossman

Deshaun Foster

Jerious Norwood for

Tatum Bell

Randy Moss

Rothlesberger.

Working on trading Moss for Colston straight up.

Starting Line-up

Delhomme (Rothlesberger)

Steven Jackson

Ronnie Brown (Tatum Bell, Michael Turner)

Reggie Wayne

Darrell Jackson (Randy Moss, Keyshawn)

Ben Watson (Eric Johnson)

Stover

Pittsburgh D (Seattle)

The guys in my league are too difficult to trade with. They will only do a deal if it is PAINFULLY in their favor. Even trades that are even, they will not do.

The guys in my league are too difficult to trade with. They will only do a deal if it is PAINFULLY in their favor. Even trades that are even, they will not do.

That seems to be the way of fantasy football the last few years. People way overvalue their players and way undervalue everyone elses.

Someone in my league offered me Pennington and Ahman Green for Dunn and Wayne. :rolleyes:

I just traded Donte Stallworth and Joseph Addai and received Chad Johnson and Ahman Green.

How did I do? :ninja:

I know Addai may produce well later this season, but I needed RB help now and with Stallworths hammy probs I figured it would be good to sell high (even though he doughnuted me this week)

I don't mean to sound like an a$$, but I never get the point of these kind of threads. I mean some of these trades and pickups are absolutely ridiculous. Its obvious you are not playing in competitive leagues. Good for you if they are money leagues, but its not like you are pulling off some kind of exceptional strategic accomplishment. Don't brag about taking candy from a baby...

Well, it doesnt hurt to know what other people are doing in other leagues. Sometimes I find good trade ideas on threads like this. My theory: if someone will accept these deals, then theres a decent chance that someone else will too.

so if people are selling low on players like Ronnie Brown, or Cadillac Williams, then I would like to know about it.

I have a rep for picking up players that have huge games so everytime I offer a trade, they think that player will score big that week and refuse the trade. They prefer to just dump players to WW. Players dumped so far without even an attempt to trade: C-pep, Evans, Benson, Colston, Plummer, Green, Norwood, McNair, Burleson, Rod Smith, Jennings.

What an overeaction.

Yeah that is what I thought.. This league is actually my wifes league and there is a mix of veterans and some rookies. Good thing we were #1 on waivers... It was only a 20$ entry fee so what the heck..

That seems to be the way of fantasy football the last few years. People way overvalue their players and way undervalue everyone elses.

Someone in my league offered me Pennington and Ahman Green for Dunn and Wayne. :cheers:

What's so bad about that? It seems to me more like you value players based on what they did last year or two years ago over what they're doing right this moment. Neither Dunn or Wayne have even scored a TD this year if my memory serves me. Are they going to produce, most likely, but they still haven't dont squat. If I was really hurting at QB and had good WR depth I might be tempted to take that trade. Last year my commish gave me a bit of grief for "taking advantage" of a team week at RB by trading Cadi for his R. Moss. Well Randy went down the next week and we all know the rest of the story.

What's so bad about that? It seems to me more like you value players based on what they did last year or two years ago over what they're doing right this moment. Neither Dunn or Wayne have even scored a TD this year if my memory serves me. Are they going to produce, most likely, but they still haven't dont squat. If I was really hurting at QB and had good WR depth I might be tempted to take that trade. Last year my commish gave me a bit of grief for "taking advantage" of a team week at RB by trading Cadi for his R. Moss. Well Randy went down the next week and we all know the rest of the story.

you actually think that is a fair trade? I wouldn't even trade just wayne for those two guys, no matter how much depth I had, you could do better than pennington.

Well you do sound like one intended or not. :banana: Just busting on you. But seriously, I think your statement doesn't take into account that each league is very diffierent and teh value of players from league to league is also very different. Furthermore each roster is unique and the value of a Frank Gore for an owner who will start him is much higher then the value of Frank Gore to an owner who already has LT2 and Portis and might only start him sporadically.

I think these are fun topics because it gets to show you the general value and opinion of players across a wide poll of leagues.

The "it's obvious you are not playing in competitive leauges" statement is just old and tired.