• 8 games
    • rest of year
  2. 2. How long WILL he get

• 1-2 games
    • 3-4 games
    • 6 games
    • 8 games
    • rest of year

Haynesworth...you all saw it, might as well make it a poll.

How long SHOULD he get?

How long WILL he get?

I'm thinking he will get what the druggies get, the standard 4 game suspension.

I'd rather see 8 or rest of season though...since it's early in the year I'll vote 8.

Those are your choices, don't beyotch.

Hasn't he been suspended by the Titans in the past (or at least in some deep shiate)? I think only a fine would be warrented for this incident IF he hasn't had previous issues. We should (at the least) place him on double secret probabtion.

I think only a fine would be warrented for this incident IF he hasn't had previous issues.

:banana:

what does rape get in your world? weekend of house arrest?

:banana:

what does rape get in your world? weekend of house arrest?

We have seen worse this year that didn't even draw a fine. I agree it's total BS, but based on "precedent" it doesn't warrent a suspension. He wouldn't have been ejected if he didn't go after the official (IMO that is) - true, or am I wrong about that too?

ETA - I am sure it was just a "misplaced hyperbole", but rape doesn't belong anywhere near FF discussions. Once again, just an opinion.

We have seen worse this year that didn't even draw a fine. I agree it's total BS, but based on "precedent" it doesn't warrent a suspension. He wouldn't have been ejected if he didn't go after the official (IMO that is) - true, or am I wrong about that too?

ETA - I am sure it was just a "misplaced hyperbole", but rape doesn't belong anywhere near FF discussions. Once again, just an opinion.

Ok, lets hear about worst we seen this year then spiking a defenseless guy in the head.

Ok, lets hear about worst we seen this year then spiking a defenseless guy in the head.

Like to hear the answer to this one..........

Inexcusable action of a bonafide ######. He is known to have issues, and deserves to be suspended for the year. With his history I think he belongs in jail but don't worry he'll make his way there one day, the cream always rises to the top.

To quote ESPN...This was BORDERLINE Assault...

In the NFL, he will be facing a probable 4-8 game suspension...in the real world he would be facing criminal charges.

He needed 30 stitches to close the gash. Anything less than a season suspension is bogus. This was as bad as that Ohio State guy a few years ago.

If I were Haynesworth, I would not even worry about the league. I think Fisher will dish out a more severe punishment than NFL. Inexcusable. He should be gone for the season.

on NBC Peter King said that the most likely outcome was that the league would fine him heavily

but hand out no suspension. Costas, collingsworth and sharpe let out a collective gasp. They gotta

set a precedent. I remember Kyle Turley was fined and not suspended for going berzerk and throwing

a helmet across the field and people were ticked about that decision being too light. at least he didn't

put scars on a dude's face for the rest of his life and almost blinding him. Some lawsuit that would be.

Hell, this blows Romanowski out of the water.

Spiking a defenseless guy in the head, TWICE!

nice majority

How long SHOULD he get

1-2 games [ 1 ] ** [1.82%]

3-4 games [ 7 ] ** [12.73%]

6 games [ 3 ] ** [5.45%]

8 games [ 3 ] ** [5.45%]

rest of year [ 41 ] ** [74.55%]

What that biatch did, wasn't something from football. It was something from a gang fight or some punk-ass street brutha type move. Like Collinsworth said, they should have cuffed him and dragged his sorry ass off the field.

This was as bad as that Ohio State guy a few years ago.

What happened?

Didn't they arrest an NHL guy a couple years back for assult?

This would be the same thing I'd think.

OSU linebacker Robert Reynolds tackled QB Jim Sorgi after he got rid of the ball downfield. Sorgi

was on his back and as Reynolds got off him he jammed his hand down on Sorgi's neck and basically

choked him. Sorgi had to leave the game. Reynolds was suspended by the team.

The two big NHL suspensions you are thinking of are Marty McSorely and Todd Bertuzzi. Both were

equally as idiotic as Haynesworth or Bill Romanowski ever were...but at least they received immediate

and severe suspensions, not the typical crap fines that the NFL hands out. of course they had their

legal issues too.

:clap:

The poll is flawed since there is a possibility of no suspension from the league.

They should start doing this in the in the NHL too when someone uses their stick to hit someone in the head. I think they should start allowing the Police to run/slides out on the field/ice and slap them in cuffs and bring them to jail. I bet you'd see sh!t like this never happen again.

Imagine if sucker punches from bar fights were on video? There would be a lot more arrests and jail time. This is on VIDEO and still won't get the proper punishment.

shame on haynesworth! :banana: if you're going to cleet anyone in the face...why not TO??? :banana:

I have a feeling only Cowboys fans and maybe TO's mom would have been upset with that. Excellent thought :banana:

Guest Johnny Holmes

The Dallas player had it coming..he was running his mouth the whole game.

They should start doing this in the in the NHL too when someone uses their stick to hit someone in the head. I think they should start allowing the Police to run/slides out on the field/ice and slap them in cuffs and bring them to jail. I bet you'd see sh!t like this never happen again.

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Marty McSorley was found guilty of assault with a weapon but won't be sent to jail for his two-fisted stick attack on an opponent.

Now he needs the NHL's permission to play again.

McSorley, a 17-year NHL veteran who was with the Boston Bruins at the time, won't have any charges go on his record as long as he completes 18 months of probation. He was ordered not to play against Brashear during that time, in Canada or the United States.

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Vancouver Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi received a conditional discharge after pleading guilty to assault Wednesday, more than nine months after slugging Colorado forward Steve Moore from behind during a game.

he sentence, which leaves Bertuzzi without a criminal record, was the one recommended by the prosecutor after Bertuzzi agreed to a plea bargain.

"I have concluded that the imposition of a discharge is not contrary to the public interest," Judge Herb Weitzel said Wednesday night.

Bertuzzi received a year's probation in which he is not allowed to play in a game against Moore, who was hospitalized with three fractured vertebrae, facial cuts, post-concussion symptoms and amnesia after the March 8 hit.

absolutely disgusting, maybe the dirtiest act i've ever seen on the field. a 350 lb. man (in long cleats) rakes a defenseless player across his helmetless face - he could have taken both of his eyes out in a second.

he SHOULD BE fined, suspended for the year and then brought up on charges. he'll for sure get fined and maybe a 2 game suspension. like mentioned earlier, fisher may end up bringing more heat than the league. for sure the new commissioner's first real fire to put out.

absolutely disgusting, maybe the dirtiest act i've ever seen on the field. a 350 lb. man (in long cleats) rakes a defenseless player across his helmetless face - he could have taken both of his eyes out in a second.

If you watch the whole video it looks like he pulls the helmet partially off, but then(and this is blocked from view) he

appears to stomp the helmet off his head initially. I dunno why so many tv-radio commentators are missing that. After that

is when he steps to the side as do the players in the way so we can see the 2nd kick.

Is there really any fine that the NFL has "in the books" that would actually ever affect a player like Haynesworth?

Peter King mentioned a $25,000 fine. Does that mean sh!t to a guy like Haynesworth?

If you watch the whole video it looks like he pulls the helmet partially off, but then(and this is blocked from view) he

appears to stomp the helmet off his head initially. I dunno why so many tv-radio commentators are missing that.

yea, i've it on dvr and i've watched it 20 times or so. this is what i see:

* he kicks gurode in the back of the right shoulder

* his helmet comes off

* haynescrap backs up and then slashes him across the face

my real and only confusion, what what haynescrap yelling about in defense? :banana:

The big question is what the NFLPA says about it. If they support a big suspension (possible) and big fine (not likely) then it will happen.

I think that they will probably give him a couple of weeks off and $50k. Then the Titans will tack on another couple of weeks and they look like better people.

Bah...this jerk should be in a Nashville jail right about now.

Or out on bail awaiting trial.

Bah...this jerk should be in a Nashville jail right about now.

Or out on bail awaiting trial.

They oughta reopen the road rage case against Haynesworth. what a fockup

Is there really any fine that the NFL has "in the books" that would actually ever affect a player like Haynesworth?

Peter King mentioned a $25,000 fine. Does that mean sh!t to a guy like Haynesworth?

that would be a joke. woody was fined $75K for a textbook, clean, head-up hit on koren robinson 3 years ago. virtually every coach interviewed said "that was exactly how you coach a safety to hit", but the NFL fined him anyway.

to put it in perspective, missing a team meeting is normally a $5000 fine.

Like to hear the answer to this one..........

Me too... still waiting.

Just wanted to add... the misuse of the word 'assault' is a major pet peeve of mine. If ESPN really said this was 'Borderline assault', whoever wrote that should be fired.

When he raised his foot, it was assault... when he raked it across the guys face, it was battery.

Look it up.

Me too... still waiting.

Just wanted to add... the misuse of the word 'assault' is a major pet peeve of mine. If ESPN really said this was 'Borderline assault', whoever wrote that should be fired.

When he raised his foot, it was assault... when he raked it across the guys face, it was battery.

Look it up.

It wasn't "borderline" anything. I don't particularly care how it's categorized--it was a vicious, unprovoked (to my knowledge) attack that could have blinded the guy, and perhaps has permanently scarred or injured him. Even if the guy he stomped had trash-talked, or had otherwise done something to make him angry, then try to outplay him fairly on the field instead of with disgusting, represensible kicks when he's lying on the ground. If the "average citizen" did the same thing as far as someone on the street or in a pick-up game, he'd be arrested. I heard on the radio this afternoon the suspension was only 5 games--in my opinion he should've banned at least for the rest of the year, and if it were my choice I'd make it quite a bit longer (probably about the same amount of jail time he'd be facing if he weren't a pro football player). I'm sure he'll get sued, and I hope a court or jury awards a ton of punitive damages.

looks like a 5 game suspension from the league (not sure what type of fine).

what do you guys think? horrible by haynesworth, but considering the previous high for an on-the-field incident was 2 games i think a season ban might have been a bit much (and a lifetime ban definitely too much.) still, i would have given him 8 games. did the nfl do enough?

what do you guys think? horrible by haynesworth, but considering the previous high for an on-the-field incident was 2 games i think a season ban might have been a bit much (and a lifetime ban definitely too much.) still, i would have given him 8 games. did the nfl do enough?

I think 5 games is a good call by the new Commish. Most dispicable thing ever done on an NFL football field... matched by the longest suspension ever handed out for an 'on-the-field' incident.

Keep in mind... the guy doesn't get paid for those 5 games. So... once a fine is added on (probably), he's looking at losing about a third of his NFL income.

I think I would also be mildly surprised if Fisher and the Titans didn't hit him with a team suspension also.

My opinion is the fact that prior penalties for preceding transgressions on the field by other NFL players shouldn't limit the severity of the punishment for Haynesworth's despicable acts. He deliberately stomped on an opposing player's unprotected face--what prior action by an NFL player comes close to that type of mayhem and vicious conduct?

I understand that a lot of you do not under stand legal procedure, but the bottom line is what he did was a serious crime. Furthermore an offense like that does not involve consent or someone pressing charges, he should be charged by the police and local district attorney. Realistically he could have been arrested as soon as he left the field. This action was clearly beyond the scope of the sport. There is no argument to the contrary; it was a criminal act plain and simple. If you disagree, show me any state that has an exception to aggravated battery for NFL player. What happens if he is permanently injured, what happened if he would have stepped on his throat and killed him? He is a punk and should never wear an NFL jersey again.

Punk got what he deserved, toss in the backlash he will get when he does return.

I can't wait till a lineman cut blocks him, and he better take it like a man. The bogus apology is suppose to have gotten him a little mercy from the NFL, but if he was truly sorry he wouldn't have threw a big fit after he was ejected.