Sign in to follow this  
dereknyc76

Yankee fans....

HAHAHAHA.

It took three days for the Yankees' season to implode. The Yankees shuffled their lineup Saturday, looking for a spark. Jeremy Bonderman quashed that, pitching Detroit into the ALCS with an 8-3 win. Final

HOW DO YOU YANKS FANS LIKE THAT 3 GAME SWEEP???????????

TIGERS ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wacko: :first: :banana: :banana:

HOW DO YOU YANKS FANS LIKE THAT 3 GAME SWEEP???????????

TIGERS ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wacko: :first: :banana: :banana:

If they keep pitching like that, they sure will. Very impressive.

If they keep pitching like that, they sure will. Very impressive.

Yeah apparantly the Tigers aren't good enough to win a five game series in 3 games. They need to "sweep 4".

Hell yes!!

I bought tix for a buddy.....the best available was game three standing room only!!

Go Tigers!!!

Yeah apparantly the Tigers aren't good enough to win a five game series in 3 games. They need to "sweep 4".

there i fixed it. is what you yank fans do after your team spends 200 mil on hitters, but 20 bucks on pitching, and then lose again in the first round? go on and cry about a-rod while us tig fans go out and celebrate tongiht. boo hoo turd. :doh: :banana: :banana: :clap:

there i fixed it. is what you yank fans do after your team spends 200 mil on hitters, but 20 bucks on pitching, and then lose again in the first round? go on and cry about a-rod while us tig fans go out and celebrate tongiht. boo hoo turd. :o :banana: ;) :clap:

that's the odd thing: geoge spends a quarter billion on murderers row II...and forgets the #1 baseball axiom of all time: "good pitching beats good hitting."

:banana:

Oh don't cry Yankee fan... I mean it's not like you just spent $200 million and got punked by a team who lost 119 games 2 years ago. Oh sorry... Well at least you have A-Rod.

Congrats Detroit! :o

Die HArd Yankee fan here.

Congrats TIgers. Pitching always beats hitting. Agreed. And team chemistry is also important . Yankees had none. Not a suprise here. Bunch of spoiled millionares. Detroit was playing for there supper and they had the heart my team did not. I hope the Yankees take a long look at this roster and do something . We need the Paul Oneils and Berniee WIlliams types here. Players with heart. If half the team had the heart of a Jeter.

Again Good luck Tigers.

Die HArd Yankee fan here.

Congrats TIgers. Pitching always beats hitting. Agreed. And team chemistry is also important . Yankees had none. Not a suprise here. Bunch of spoiled millionares. Detroit was playing for there supper and they had the heart my team did not. I hope the Yankees take a long look at this roster and do something . We need the Paul Oneils and Berniee WIlliams types here. Players with heart. If half the team had the heart of a Jeter.

Again Good luck Tigers.

Funny how Yankee fans can show class and dignity in defeat. Yet classless Tigers fans have to make moronic showboat statements when they haven't won anything in forever. I guess you can't say "Act like you been there before" - because they haven't.

Yankee fan here and the solution to the Yankees' problem is really simple. Keep growing talent and slowly weed out some of the high priced free agent signings of the last few years. Doing this will help alot imo. Just too many superstars for it to work. And in doing this you also keep your young players and start to build something for the future. Not trading Cano or Wang in 2005 was the way to go even though many said trade them. Now look at the year those 2 guys had. Cabrera deserves to be in the lineup everyday next year so they better figure out a way to make that work. And this pitching staff is obviously mediocre at best. Other than Wang and Rivera who can be counted on? Good luck to the Tigers, kind of nice to see some "new blood" in the ALCS.(but I'm still pissed about it) :bench:

And last but not least, don't trade A-Rod. He is one of the best players in the game and the fans in NY need to catch a damn clue. He can and will thrive in NY just get off his back and let him do his job. You can't expect him to get a hit everytime he steps into the box.

Funny how Yankee fans can show class and dignity in defeat. Yet classless Tigers fans have to make moronic showboat statements when they haven't won anything in forever. I guess you can't say "Act like you been there before" - because they haven't.

Oh! the hypocrisy!

Yankee fan here and the solution to the Yankees' problem is really simple. Keep growing talent and slowly weed out some of the high priced free agent signings of the last few years. Doing this will help alot imo. Just too many superstars for it to work. And in doing this you also keep your young players and start to build something for the future. Not trading Cano or Wang in 2005 was the way to go even though many said trade them. Now look at the year those 2 guys had. Cabrera deserves to be in the lineup everyday next year so they better figure out a way to make that work. And this pitching staff is obviously mediocre at best. Other than Wang and Rivera who can be counted on? Good luck to the Tigers, kind of nice to see some "new blood" in the ALCS.(but I'm still pissed about it) :bench:

And last but not least, don't trade A-Rod. He is one of the best players in the game and the fans in NY need to catch a damn clue. He can and will thrive in NY just get off his back and let him do his job. You can't expect him to get a hit everytime he steps into the box.

Agree with everything you said . Even the Arod stuff. He has a no trade clause and I doubt he is going anywhere. We need to support him and hope for the best.

Swami Says.....

Million dollar lineup

10 cent pitching staff!

nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey gooodbye!

Kenny Rogers pitched the game of his life... so fired up. Today Bonderman comes in and seals the deal. Wow has it been 19 years? I last went to the Tiger's last playoff game in 1987. Wish I could have gone to one this year. Keep it going Tigers. Time to beat the A's and win another series. GO TIGERS!

:clap:

Tigers, you give us Twins fans something to continue to root for.

Especially after having that fat effer Kruk disrespect the Twins. I Am so sick of the East Coast bias in sports and in particular ESPN.

Best thing to happen in sports is a team attempting to buy a trophy lose and enter into oblivion.

HHAAHH

HAHAHAH

Here's the thing yankee fans I could respect the yanks of the 90's. Knoblauch, Brosius, the hated Paul O'Neil with a dose Hall of Famers, Jeter, Bernie, Mariano Rivera and Torre to make a great dynasty.

But this team is NO TEAM, it's a bunch of overpaid players who can't play clutch.

You shold be excited yankee fans, they'll be moving A-Rod now. That is to your advantage!

I think any team that defeats the evil empire in the post season becomes everyone's favorite team of the day. Reminds me of the resepect the 4 heros were shown at the end of the last southpark episode where they took on the evil PK in world of warcraft.

Glad the "yankee game" got moved to the next morning because of the rain-out. Leyland is right that the Tigers caught some breaks and thats prob the only way you beat a world-beater like the yankees and make it look relatively easy.

Leyland was more emotional that usual today. You hear him call out Toree for that extend-the-inning-by-multi-pitching-change-and-break-bonderman's-perfect-game move when he was interviewed? Funny Stuff.

Not a hit evertime he steps into the box but at least something better than this........

1-for-14 with no RBI in the series.

He was hitless in his final 12 at-bats, dropping to 4-for-41 (.098) with no RBIs in his last 12 postseason games.

HHAAHH

HAHAHAH

Here's the thing yankee fans I could respect the yanks of the 90's. Knoblauch, Brosius, the hated Paul O'Neil with a dose Hall of Famers, Jeter, Bernie, Mariano Rivera and Torre to make a great dynasty.

But this team is NO TEAM, it's a bunch of overpaid players who can't play clutch.

You shold be excited yankee fans, they'll be moving A-Rod now. That is to your advantage!

As a Yankee fan you took the words right out of my mouth. Even if you hated the Yanks you respected them. Those are the types of players we need. Especially the guys with HEart .Unfortunatly all yankees except Mussina and Bernie Williams are under contract. So expect to see the Yankees sign Zito , Only hope is to get pitching.

A-Rod becasue of the no trade clause and HUGE contract will not go anywhere. Who would pay that kind of money excpet Boston or NY Mets and NO WAY the yankees do that. Only option would be to eat a huge part of that contract and Stienbrener will not do that. Pay for him and see him on another team and possibly come back to haunt us say he is on the Angels.And A-rod is stubborn , he will want to stay to prove a point.

God damn... All these Yankees haters love to revel in Yankee defeats instead of celebrating their own team's victories. I guess it's much easier to have so many teams to root for...anyone ousting the Yanks feels like a huge success instead of letting your season hinge on just your own team. Strange way to follow baseball. The Yanks were thoroughly outplayed...they didn't lose because of chemistry. Chemistry is OVERRATED. When the bats go silent for 3 straight games-you lose...simple as that. One thing though, it stings now, but we Yankee fans know that our team will be "back in the mix" again next year...and the year after that...and the year after that...and so on. Can any of you Yankees haters say that about your teams???

God damn... All these Yankees haters love to revel in Yankee defeats instead of celebrating their own team's victories. I guess it's much easier to have so many teams to root for...anyone ousting the Yanks feels like a huge success instead of letting your season hinge on just your own team. Strange way to follow baseball. The Yanks were thoroughly outplayed...they didn't lose because of chemistry. Chemistry is OVERRATED. When the bats go silent for 3 straight games-you lose...simple as that. One thing though, it stings now, but we Yankee fans know that our team will be "back in the mix" again next year...and the year after that...and the year after that...and so on. Can any of you Yankees haters say that about your teams???

Does "back in the mix" mean losing in the first round of the playoffs again and again and again... with the highest payroll in baseball every year? Nobody is impressed. :unsure:

No one happier than me in Northern New Jersey..... I'm surrounded by anal Yankee fans who don't see the problem with them signing every high priced talent that becomes available, they just use the excuse that hey all teams can do it..... It annoys me that the Pirates and Devil Rays of the world try to grow their talent while keeping a semi normal payroll so when their players eventually get good the Yankees can steal them...

I'm glad that team got pimp slapped once again... nothing better than seeing that.... fock the Yanks :dunno:

Congrats Tigers Fans....

Does "back in the mix" mean losing in the first round of the playoffs again and again and again... with the highest payroll in baseball every year? Nobody is impressed. :pointstosky:

It's not about impressing anyone...it's about having a quality team (that's still playing for something) to root for as the season winds down...and as far into the playoffs as they go. Yankee fans know they will have this almost every year and other fans wish their owners would do this for them. It's still more enjoyable to be eliminated from the playoffs than to have your team eliminated by mid July...And once in a while they actually do win it all (26 times). As for the "highest payroll" whine that is constantly heard from Yankee haters ...the Yankees don't make the rules regarding a salary cap...MLB and the players union do. Ask the players on small market teams if they want a salary cap to keep things more competitive...you'll hear a loud NO!! They know it would cost them $$. If they aren't concerned with competitive balance, then why should the Yankees and Steinbrenner care or be blamed for a lack of salary cap and competitive balance?? When most business owners put a lot of money back into their successful company people consider it smart business...when Steinbrenner does it he is considered a villain.

Especially after having that fat effer Kruk disrespect the Twins. I Am so sick of the East Coast bias in sports and in particular ESPN.

Best thing to happen in sports is a team attempting to buy a trophy lose and enter into oblivion.

the espn baseball crew all nearly broke themselves in two tonight doing an abrupt about-face and jumping on the tiger bandwagon.

they all predicted the tigers to beat oakland--which means the tigers are focked for sure :pointstosky:

It's not about impressing anyone...it's about having a quality team (that's still playing for something) to root for as the season winds down...and as far into the playoffs as they go. Yankee fans know they will have this almost every year and other fans wish their owners would do this for them. It's still more enjoyable to be eliminated from the playoffs than to have your team eliminated by mid July...And once in a while they actually do win it all (26 times). As for the "highest payroll" whine that is constantly heard from Yankee haters ...the Yankees don't make the rules regarding a salary cap...MLB and the players union do. Ask the players on small market teams if they want a salary cap to keep things more competitive...you'll hear a loud NO!! They know it would cost them $$. If they aren't concerned with competitive balance, then why should the Yankees and Steinbrenner care or be blamed for a lack of salary cap and competitive balance?? When most business owners put a lot of money back into their successful company people consider it smart business...when Steinbrenner does it he is considered a villain.

Sounds like you are the one that is whining. I don't give a crap about the high powered, high spending Yankees. They're out as usual, and more importantly, the Tigers are in.

Go Tigers! :pointstosky:

Sounds like you are the one that is whining. I don't give a crap about the high powered, high spending Yankees. They're out as usual, and more importantly, the Tigers are in.

Go Tigers! :doublethumbsup:

Where in that statement did you sense whining?? Maybe it was in my first post where i stated "The Yanks were thoroughly outplayed", or in thelast post where I was only stating some facts regarding the salary cap, and I guess you had no intelligent retort so you came up with, "...sounds like you are the one that is whining." As far as "...they're out as usual"...even a simpleton such as you must realize that they are "in" far more often that any other team.

What is it? My birthday?!!!! Yanks AND Dodgers lose

Now it looks like Joe Torre is getting the boot out of NY! That's too bad because he's the best thing they have going. Steinbrenner is supposedly replacing him with Lou Pinheada. Terrific, those two losers deserve each other. (As reported on ESPN SC, citing tomorrow's NY Daily News)

If you factor in the luxury tax the Yanks have spent almost 1.5B over the last six years and have nothing to show for it. What a bunch of tools. At least Yanks fans can sleep well at night knowing the Ole Purple Lips will be traded in the offseason.

My team- 26 world championships

your team- a lot less

In my lifetime I"ve already seen them win 6 world championships. How about your team?

This is exactly why everyone hates the Yankees and deservedly so. The Yankee fans continually ignore the huge financial advantage of the franchise and, instead, pound their chest about their success while taking for granted they will be "in the mix" every year.

Hey.. this is a FF site. Compare the competitive balance of the NFL to MLB. Overpaid players... condescending fans... what's not to like?

your team- a lot less

In my lifetime I"ve already seen them win 6 world championships. How about your team?

See the post above.

To quote a friend "bite the big apple... don't bite the maggots".

your team- a lot less

2 world series championships

3 nhl championships

3 nba championships.

0 nfl

1 national title in football

2 national title in basketball

this i just in my lifetime

detroit does fine in championships.

i was at the game on friday- awsome game. there were about 8 guys decked out in their jeter gear sitting the section over. from the start of the game they were cussing at people being "typicall load mouth drunk

new yorkers" couple of fights broke out because they just would not shut up and watch the game. they ended up getting kicked out bye the 6th inning. this is why everyone roots against the yankee's.

bye the way lets see how many championships you win with detroits payroll. but thats never gonna happen.

yankees, new york, and steinbrenner(sp?) suck!

lets go st. lois and detroit.

Agree with everything you said . Even the Arod stuff. He has a no trade clause and I doubt he is going anywhere. We need to support him and hope for the best.

"hoping for the best" with Arod = 5 for 41 in post season play

your team- a lot less

congratulations: you should just like a bitter packer fan now :dunno:

as an above poster pointed out, detroit/mich fans have had puh-lenty to smile about--and yes *gasp* even in our lifetimes :banana:

Any self-respecting Yankees fan would have to be absolutely embarrassed what the Yankee organization has turned this game into...and yet they still can't win it all.

Joe Torre is the greatest manager in MLB History. As a DIEHARD RED SOX FAN nothing would make me happier then watching the yanks fire Joe Toree and continue their losing ways with ARod.

As far as the money aspect of baseball and the yanks having a huge financial advantage, I just don't see the relevance anymore. Florida has won twice, the Sox were substantially lower payroll then the yanks and we beat them, and the yanks team that DESTROYED the Sox with a 5 game sweep did not include the majority of the big name/big contract guys. In other words they played with more heart then us that series.

Here's why I hate the yankees...today.. I have a lifetimes worth of hate but these reasons stick out.

A-Rod - He's simply overrated and I will never look away from the fact that he cheated at the biggest moment of his baseball career with his Daniel Larussa Karate Chop of Bronson Arroyo. I've never seen anyone do that before, or since. He had a moment to make a decision and he cheated. If you are a yankee fan, would Donnie Baseball have done that, what about Jeter, or what about Paul O'Neil? O'Neil would have ran through Bronson.

Jason Giambi - Admitted that he did steroids. Pure and simple he's a cheater also. The only reason he doesn't get the same crap as Barry Bonds is because Jason Giambi is white. I'm white by the way. The National media is on Bonds because he's black, they never attacked McGwire like that and they never attacked Giambi. Even here in San Diego, they attack Bonds viciously but look at Brian Giles, the guy used to hit 35-40 HR's a year, now he hits like 12, and the drop off happened right when they started testing, but he's white so he gets a free ride. Basically Giambi and his cheating along with the free ride he gets for it, sickens me.

Gary Sheffield - Always been a jerk. I know this for a fact having heard of several Sheff incidents that people I know have personally experienced his awfulness.

SO in closing, PLEASE FIRE JOE TORRE AND PLEASE KEEP A-ROD ON YOUR TEAM! You won't win if you do.

My lifetime, 3 NBA Championships, 1 World Series, 3 Super Bowl Championships, in my lifetime for Boston.